PDA

View Full Version : Packers Should Consider Trading Up in the 2012 NFL Draft: Fan's Take

woodbuck27
04-03-2012, 12:37 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/664983-nfl-draft-2011-ted-thompson-and-his-impact-on-the-green-bay-packers#/articles/1126462-green-bay-packers-should-consider-trading-up-in-the-2012-nfl-draft-fans-take

Green Bay Packers Should Consider Trading Up in the 2012 NFL Draft: Fan's Take

March 30,2012

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Without actually reading this fan's post, these Fan's Take articles are usually awful. I don't even bother reading them anymore.

Brandon494
04-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Can we just make a thread for woodbuck to post all these links? I mean come on man.

woodbuck27
04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
The Packers were rewarded with four compensatory picks. Picks 132, 133, 241 and 243 and own 12 picks with three fourth-round picks and four seventh-round picks.

The compensatory picks can't be traded. The Packers have eight picks that are trade-eligible.

The Packers are coming off a season with a defense that surrendered more passing yardage than any unit in NFL history.

If Ted Thompson is true to nature he's a solid bet to trade up; if a player he covets is available to fit a 3-4 defense and in his mind, alleviate it's pass rush woe's. He may well make that move.

TT may also want to add depth on the Packers OL with a more quality pick by trading up. Maybe he will need a quality player at FS and the trade up works for him?

woodbuck27
04-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Can we just make a thread for woodbuck to post all these links? I mean come on man.

I'm posting more than ' LINK's '.

Can you 'please' post a little less whining about my efforts here. Try to be more open minded and get off the 'picky attitude'. That negativity does nothing for the threads.

I know you can turn it around. I'd really appreciate that. Thank You Brandon494 .

woodbuck27
04-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Without actually reading this fan's post, these Fan's Take articles are usually awful. I don't even bother reading them anymore.

With respect to you opinion Harvey and in any case..... ' this fan' expresses his point this way:

" Quantity is important in the draft because it's largely a crapshoot. The more picks a team has, the more opportunities they have of finding quality players who are coachable. With that said, I think the Packers are at a point where they can sacrifice some that "Quantity" with a chance at getting their defense some "Quality" in the upper echelons of the draft." that Fan

Comment woodbuck27:

I agree that 'that Fan' makes a valid point.

Zool
04-03-2012, 01:37 PM
i stopped bothering to pay attention at the 2nd page where Finley was a 6th round pick in 2008. At least check facts?

woodbuck27
04-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Harvey:

This fans article is solid.

It's well researched, informative and relevant to our teams current situation RE: defensive woe's. The article is fair to the Green Bay Packers in terms of it's objectivity. I'm not going to imply that this writer has published perfection; yet he has a solid position in regards to the merits of TT trading up in this draft.

He's obviously a loyal Packer fan and therefore adding credibility to this submission.

Maybe 'this one time', you might reconsider your penchant for NOT reading ' FAN Take ' Articles.

This submission is good.

woodbuck27
04-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Ohh Zool lovely to see you. Thanks for visiting.

Have a nice day.

Zool
04-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Ohh Zool lovely to see you. Thanks for visiting.

Have a nice day.

Thanks posty posterson

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Harvey:

This fans article is solid.

It's well researched, informative and relevant to our teams current situation RE: defensive woe's. The article is fair to the Green Bay Packers in terms of it's objectivity. I'm not going to imply that this writer has published perfection; yet he has a solid position in regards to the merits of TT trading up in this draft.

He's obviously a loyal Packer fan and therefore adding credibility to this submission.

Maybe 'this one time', you might reconsider your penchant for NOT reading ' FAN Take ' Articles.

This submission is good.

I won't waste my time. I'll read Packer Rats to get the opinion of fans that I trust. I have a history with people here, so I know whether the person has a clue or not.
:)

Freak Out
04-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Time for a nap Woody.

pittstang5
04-03-2012, 04:10 PM
I'll bite even though I didn't read the article, but since TT does have alot of Ammo this year and problems to fix, I like the idea of trading up. However, I'm thinking in the middle rounds. Seems in order to move up in the first round, as it should be, costs too much.

Brandon494
04-03-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm posting more than ' LINK's '.

Can you 'please' post a little less whining about my efforts here. Try to be more open minded and get off the 'picky attitude'. That negativity does nothing for the threads.

I know you can turn it around. I'd really appreciate that. Thank You Brandon494 .

No because Im not the only one tired of your links cluttering the board. Try being more considerate and less stubborn, I know you can do it. I'd really appreciate that. Thank You Woodbuck! Good Night Canada!

Guiness
04-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I didn't read that stupid story the first time around, but saw the number of responses and decided to RTFA. Woe to me for doing so, that site is good at creating neat headlines and putting a lot of flash enabled garbage behind it, and nothing more. They're kings at turning 300 word essays into 20 page slideshows!

I do agree with one thing...I'm not sure how the hell the Pack could fit anywhere near 12 new bodies on the roster! Last year 10 were drafted, one was cut, one traded and one IR'd - seven made the squad.

The link in the OP led to an article from last year - the actual link is http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-11174740

mraynrand
04-03-2012, 07:15 PM
No because Im not the only one tired of your links cluttering the board. Try being more considerate and less stubborn, I know you can do it. I'd really appreciate that. Thank You Woodbuck! Good Night Canada!

+1

MJZiggy
04-03-2012, 07:17 PM
+1
+2 Not saying don't post it, just pick one place to put it.

mission
04-03-2012, 09:38 PM
+7

I'm in my normal offseason / work a lot, lurk mode and that's a lot tougher with all the damn links watering down the good content here. I've enjoyed a lot of the draft talk lately... good stuff guys.

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 03:04 PM
I won't waste my time. I'll read Packer Rats to get the opinion of fans that I trust. I have a history with people here, so I know whether the person has a clue or not.
:)

This Packer fan has respectfully submitted that TT may well trade up in this draft.

I read his supported opinion.

I agree with it Harvey. TT certainly has the picks to make such a move as he may see that serve him.

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I didn't read that stupid story the first time around, but saw the number of responses and decided to RTFA. Woe to me for doing so, that site is good at creating neat headlines and putting a lot of flash enabled garbage behind it, and nothing more. They're kings at turning 300 word essays into 20 page slideshows!

I do agree with one thing...I'm not sure how the hell the Pack could fit anywhere near 12 new bodies on the roster! Last year 10 were drafted, one was cut, one traded and one IR'd - seven made the squad.

The link in the OP led to an article from last year - the actual link is http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-11174740

Yes that article and what it offers in regards to a common draft strategy certainly shouldn't insult the intelligence of any Packer fan on this board. Reading it might insult some members pride? (-:

The Profile of the Articles Author follows:

"Joshua Huffman graduated from Middle Tennessee State University as a marketing major in 2009. He's been a Middle Tennessee resident from 1986-88 and 2001-present. He lived in the Upper Peninsula and Northern Wisconsin from 1988-01 and for approximately eight months in 2009-10 as he completed a 20-game volunteer position with the USHL's Green Bay Gamblers. His favorite sports organizations include the Green Bay Packers, Chicago Cubs (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chc/), Nashville Predators (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/nas/) and Tennessee Titans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ten/). He can be found on Twitter HERE (https://twitter.com/#%21/JoshuaRHuffman)."

I'm not promoting Mr. J. Huffman as any Ron Wolf or 'the current Man in charge' Ted Thompson. I'm saying that his article is worthy and possibly predictive.

sheepshead
04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
You need to find a hobby.

sheepshead
04-04-2012, 03:28 PM
here's some ideas:

http://www.elistmania.com/juice/10_weirdest_hobbies/

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 03:29 PM

I'm considerate and not stubborn. If you see a LINKed post choose one of two options:

a)click on it to see if it has information you may or may NOT value.

b) Simply IGNORE that post.

I trust those options offer anyone here all they need to get all they really need out of this forum and my posts. I'm here to serve all posters but I cannot do so in all respects.

Respectful THANKS for your input. Have a Super day ! (-:

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 03:33 PM
here's some ideas:

http://www.elistmania.com/juice/10_weirdest_hobbies/

Ohh Dear a LINK !! What should I do??

Ohh I know. Try it for information that I may or may not vauue.

Here goes.one click of the mouse.not so hard.Fast too !

Let me see.......mmmm Crayon carving. Thinking...yes !! That'll satisfy my artistic side.

Thanks for that sheepshead. Your a FRIEND.

sheepshead
04-04-2012, 03:35 PM
You know wood, its tough enough for veterans here to wade through this garbage. It has to be damn near impossible for any newcomer to contribute or make any sense of what's going on here. If we want to attract new posters knock this shit off.

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 03:49 PM
+2 Not saying don't post it, just pick one place to put it.

Your answer is to isolate my efforts here MJ?

If that is 'in fact ' the case' and your solution. That is IMO discriminatory.

Furthermore... Your way fails in too many regards to allow me to bother with MJZiggy.

I'm a poster and long standing member here that posts as a gentleman of consciounce; doing all I can to keep it upbeat, informative and interesting. How that's judged by you and other members is moot to me. I'm as always making a decent contribution and doing so within the boubaries set as precedent on this forum.

My methos allows input on any subject and any thread and follows the Copywrite agenda. If you don't care to click on any LINK I provide then that's your choice. You won't hurt my feelings. (-:

Do I or does any member have to re-write the articles ..stories? No MJ ...we have always used LINKS.

I cannot for the life of me understand 'the shitstorm about nothing' on this matter. I'm doing 'my very best' here MJZiggy.

Have a wonderful evening..remainder to your week. Try to relax. (-:

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Here's the LINK to a Draft trade Value chart:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 04:05 PM
You know wood, its tough enough for veterans here to wade through this garbage. It has to be damn near impossible for any newcomer to contribute or make any sense of what's going on here. If we want to attract new posters knock this shit off.

What am I missing here in this issue?

sheepshead .... What am I doing that we've not always done? We've always used LINKS man. ALWAYS.

There is information behind any LINK. Go there as that may or may not serve you.

It's there that itn becomes a tad tricky in terms of plagerism and copywrite violations. I agree some common sense has to be used in that regard and this forum is fair and supportive in terms of helping one another NOT infringe on the Copywrite laws and harm the forum's OWNER.

I'm sorry that this issue upsets you and any other memver here but as I post I must use LINKS. Sorry man.

Cheesehead Craig
04-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Hell, this isn't a new theory of trading up. I was an advocate of this a month and a half ago.

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Hell, this isn't a new theory of trading up. I was an advocate of this a month and a half ago.

Yes it's hardly an innovative idea. Recall TT drafting Clay Matthews.

RashanGary
04-04-2012, 04:18 PM
So hard to predict. If he were to end up with CMIII the 2nd, then yes. If he were to end up with Justin Harrell the 2nd, no.

If he sits tight and gets CMIII the 2nd, great. If he trades back and gets CMIII great.

It all depends on how things fall. You can draft HOF players at #20 or #38.

Considering how stacked our team is at a few positions. . . . If there is a guy they really like at a position we need. . . . . Yeah, it makes sense to move up. A star at a position of need (DE/OLB/S if we lose Collins) would be a huge boost for us.

I'm for it, but I'm for getting great players however it works out. It's a total guessing game.

If the only way to get a star DE or OLB was to trade a 1st and 2nd round pick. . . . I'd do it. There's no saying that's the case, and the draft is a bit of a crap shoot. It's all going to depend on how much they like the guy they're tradign up for. I trust Ted to do something pretty well with this draft. He usually does. Exactly how he does it, I won't have much judgement on it. He's earned my respect.

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 04:26 PM
So hard to predict. If he were to end up with CMIII the 2nd, then yes. If he were to end up with Justin Harrell the 2nd, no.

If he sits tight and gets CMIII the 2nd, great. If he trades back and gets CMIII great.

It all depends on how things fall. You can draft HOF players at #20 or #38.

Considering how stacked our team is at a few positions. . . . If there is a guy they really like at a position we need. . . . . Yeah, it makes sense to move up. A star at a position of need (DE/OLB/S if we lose Collins) would be a huge boost for us.

I'm for it, but I'm for getting great players however it works out. It's a total guessing game.

In the case of TT trading up and securing Clay Matthews his decision to do so provided a valuable asset for our 'D'. I certainly believe that TT is doing all he can and has done so to better ensure Clay Matthews efforts for us in the future. TT may indeed trade up in this draft and hopefully if he does that move will prove beneficial not be an error.

If the only way to get a star DE or OLB was to trade a 1st and 2nd round pick. . . . I'd do it. There's no saying that's the case, and the draft is a bit of a crap shoot. It's all going to depend on how much they like the guy they're tradign up for. I trust Ted to do something pretty well with this draft. He usually does. Exactly how he does it, I won't have much judgement on it. He's earned my respect.

Thanks JH and Chesehead Craig..Now and finally after filtering this by certain members here..we have a discussion on this subject of certain merit.

The bottom line will be how TT's board looks and what action he see's at any moment before his pick at any point in the draft.

TT wants to better ensure the talent of that player he traded up to draft...Clay Matthews. TT has been active in Free Agency as he's not happy with Clay Matthews being double teamed and to counter that he needs the best pass rusher he can secure. Maybe he trades up again to get a defender he covets to assist Clay Matthews. Maybe he trades up to secure another addition to our roster that he might otherwise have stolen from him.

Joemailman
04-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm considerate and not stubborn. If you see a LINKed post choose one of two options:

a)click on it to see if it has information you may or may NOT value.

b)IGNORE that post.

I trust those options offer anyone here all they need to get all they really need out of this forum.

Respectful THANKS for your input. Have a Super day ! (-:

Or:

Click settings
Click Edit Ignore List
Type Woodbuck27
Click Okay

woodbuck27
04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Or:

Click settings
Click Edit Ignore List
Type Woodbuck27
Click Okay

Your 'off topic' Joemailman.

Your post isn't helping out the focus of this thread. Your post is demonstrating unwarranted prejudice and is therefore unfair and dangerous to the integrity of this forum.

The option you suggest is destructive. The ultimate act of discimination and disrespect. Disrespect is often confused.with prejudice.

That option isn't healthy in terms of maintaing an open mind and learning. It isn't condusive to overall well being at Packerrats.It's certainly NOT anything that pertains to democrasy.

I offer an option:

What about trying to be fair in terms of what I post. It's my humble position that I generally post interesting and pertinant general football / Green Bay Packer / NFL material from which any member at Packerrats can discriminate.

Cheesehead Craig
04-04-2012, 07:47 PM
OK Woody, what do you think TT should do given you posted this link so you need to comment on if the original article is correct and TT should trade up or should he stay put?

You can't just put links to stories up and then expect discussion and opinions when you really don't give one yourself. And no, I don't consider the stance of "TT will do what he thinks he should do when the time comes" a valid stance. Pick a side and discuss.

That's what many feel you're missing from your posts. You don't pick a side on an issue. That doesn't promote discussion.

woodbuck27
04-05-2012, 10:15 AM
OK Woody, what do you think TT should do given you posted this link so you need to comment on if the original article is correct and TT should trade up or should he stay put?

You can't just put links to stories up and then expect discussion and opinions when you really don't give one yourself. And no, I don't consider the stance of "TT will do what he thinks he should do when the time comes" a valid stance. Pick a side and discuss.

That's what many feel you're missing from your posts. You don't pick a side on an issue. That doesn't promote discussion.

I cannot guess what TT will actually do now. As the draft develops Thursday evening April 26,2012. I would be in a better position to decide what I hoped TT would do.

I'm by nature 'a teacher'. As teacher I don't dominate an issue. As teacher I attempt to inspire people to think and develope a learning process or method for what's best in any issue RE: a question of direction..

Cheeshead Craig. You post you proposed this option that TT would take? I don't recall seeing your post (thread).

Did you positively state or opinion .....that TT would 'in fact' trade up from his present #28 pick?

************************************************** ******************************************

Having posted the above and re-thinking your post to me cheeshead Craig and as I returned to this post I noticed Lurker64 has posted thisn thread. I have not read Lurker64's post:

So RE: Your challenge to me here is my response:

I posted the cost of TT moving fr. Pick #28 to Pick #25 earlier this AM.:

"The numerical value of pick #25 (Denver Broncos) is 720 and the Packers #28 pick at 660. The difference = 60.

To move to pick #25. Ted Thompson would have to offer his 4th round pick #123 (value 49) and 6th round pick at #197 (value 12.6); have the Broncos accept it. TT would still have 10 picks with all else remaining the same." woodbuck27

From what I see in that round as available today to Ted Thompson. I see no point today in Ted Thompson trading up to position #25. I have not considered any possibility of Ted Thompson trading up higher than #25.

I do not see any merit in that consideration today.
or.... If I was in Ted Thompson's position as OUR GM. I would NOT trade up in round one. I would bet that TT will not trade up in round one (1).

I certainly might recommend trading up in rounds two and lower if I saw a player I coveted. The cost to me in terms of valued pics being lower than movoing up in round 1.

That cost woud be not worth the real vaue to do so given the dire needs i believe we are in on the defensive side of the ball.

Lurker64
04-05-2012, 10:45 AM
I think if they trade up, they ought to trade up in the second round. The "first round" talent pool runs out around 45 (though it may come later due to reaches). So if the Packers could do some sort of "two-step" thing where they trade down into the second, and then also trade up their natural second, and pick twice between 35-45 that could be ideal.

woodbuck27
04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I think if they trade up, they ought to trade up in the second round. The "first round" talent pool runs out around 45 (though it may come later due to reaches). So if the Packers could do some sort of "two-step" thing where they trade down into the second, and then also trade up their natural second, and pick twice between 35-45 that could be ideal.

Yes I agree.

I saw a post this morning and that poster mocked (-:.... the creater of a particular MOCK Draft. I see so many I'm not sure now which one and it doesn't matter; as new prospects are moving up the board it seems to me every day. A prospect that was projected to go at mid round one has fallen all the way to bottom of round one. Many ploayers in round one three weeks ago are now expected to be drafted in the second round.

Cheesehead Craig
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Cheeshead Craig. You past you proposed this option that TT would take? I don't recall seeing your post (thread).

Did you positively state or opinion .....that TT would 'in fact' trade up from his present #28 pick?

Yep. It was in the "If I was TT, here's my plan" thread. I stated that I thought TT should trade up and take Ingram from SC as the window is now for the Packers and we need a pass rusher to get us over the hump. Or something along those lines. Again, about a month and a half ago.

Thank you for stating your opinion that you don't believe TT will trade up or that he should.

SkinBasket
04-05-2012, 12:22 PM

I'm with the dark skinned guy, even if he smells like watermelon.

Madtown said he addressed this. I think Woody is trying to push his boundaries.

woodbuck27
04-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Yep. It was in the "If I was TT, here's my plan" thread. I stated that I thought TT should trade up and take Ingram from SC as the window is now for the Packers and we need a pass rusher to get us over the hump. Or something along those lines. Again, about a month and a half ago.

Thank you for stating your opinion that you don't believe TT will trade up or that he should.

You might be surprized where DE Melvin Ingram is being positioned in MOCKS. Here's one Mock that has him going at #20:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

To move from #28 to #20 to get your man. The cost would be 850-660 = 190 Value Points.

That trade up might be compensated by TT trading his 3rd Rd. pick (#90; Value Points = 140) and his 4th Rd. pick (#123; Value Points = 49) for a total compensation of 189 Value Points.

Smeefers
04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
I think this is a moot point article. TT will move up if it's affordable and value dictates that he does. He'll move back if it's valuable and available player value says that he can. He'll stay right where he's at if he has a value pick right there. I don't know anyone who thinks he should move up no matter what.

No one thinks we should pull an Atlanta to jump to #3 or #4 to pick up someone. We have tons of picks, so no one is worried if we do give up more than we normally would to move up, but we have such a good scouting department that no one is going to be horrified if we keep these picks and go for quantity again. With the packers, you don't just get quantity with late round picks, you get quality as well.

I was talking to JH about this and I think he hit it on the head. Every year TT hits a home run with a pick. It might not be in the first round, but he always pulls someone in who is an above average player. Normally he gets several NFL Caliber starters out of his drafts. There are a lot of teams out there who can't say that.

Smidgeon
04-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Remember when TT traded down out of the first round and missed a player or two that some people really wanted and got some kid named Jordy Nelson instead?

woodbuck27
04-05-2012, 02:04 PM
I think this is a moot point article. TT will move up if it's affordable and value dictates that he does. He'll move back if it's valuable and available player value says that he can. He'll stay right where he's at if he has a value pick right there. I don't know anyone who thinks he should move up no matter what.

No one thinks we should pull an Atlanta to jump to #3 or #4 to pick up someone. We have tons of picks, so no one is worried if we do give up more than we normally would to move up, but we have such a good scouting department that no one is going to be horrified if we keep these picks and go for quantity again. With the packers, you don't just get quantity with late round picks, you get quality as well.

I was talking to JH about this and I think he hit it on the head. Every year TT hits a home run with a pick. It might not be in the first round, but he always pulls someone in who is an above average player. Normally he gets several NFL Caliber starters out of his drafts. There are a lot of teams out there who can't say that.

Then thread is here to primarily promote discussion on this possibility of moving up. TT may move up. He may move down. He may be totally satisfied as his 12 picks sit today.

The thread is valid on Packerrats as a point of discussion and opportunity for shared learning. Certain members here may choose to ignore this thread as their perfect right.

The thread is valuable as it's evolved and grows our knowledge of one another; thus promoting better grounds for understanding one another and growing as Packer and NFL fans.

Cheesehead Craig
04-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Remember when TT traded down out of the first round and missed a player or two that some people really wanted and got some kid named Jordy Nelson instead?

I think that was the passing on Chad Jackson for Greg Jennings scenario.

Smidgeon
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
I think that was the passing on Chad Jackson for Greg Jennings scenario.

Brandon Flowers.

Lurker64
04-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Brandon Flowers.

I'm pretty happy with Jordy Nelson. He did have 9 catches for 140 yards and a touchdown in that Superbowl we won by 6 points.

I was terrified we were going to pick Philip Merling that year, and I'm reasonably confident that Flowers wasn't even on TT's board (TT doesn't draft corners below 6').

Joemailman
04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm pretty happy with Jordy Nelson. He did have 9 catches for 140 yards and a touchdown in that Superbowl we won by 6 points.

Plus he's a white wide receiver. I'm all for giving minorities a chance.

Fritz
04-05-2012, 06:42 PM
TT should move up, but only if the player is going to work out and be a really good NFL player.

That's my opinion.

And lay off Uncle Woody, All y'all. Think of him as the crazy uncle at the family reunion, wearing suspenders and a checkered shirt in 95 degree heat, sweat pouring down his neck, breathing heavily and espousing his martian doctrine to everyone. Think how the whole family started wondering how he was related, anyway. Or if he was related. Think about how damn entertaining and weird he turned out to be, even if he scared your hot little cousin Julia away that you were hoping to make out with after you stole some Boone's farm from Aunt Milly and got your cousin drunk before Uncle Woody grabbed her shoulder and got spittle in her eye as he explained why the martians had decided that Skokie was the perfect place to land.

MJZiggy
04-05-2012, 06:54 PM
TT should move up, but only if the player is going to work out and be a really good NFL player.

That's my opinion.

And lay off Uncle Woody, All y'all. Think of him as the crazy uncle at the family reunion, wearing suspenders and a checkered shirt in 95 degree heat, sweat pouring down his neck, breathing heavily and espousing his martian doctrine to everyone. Think how the whole family started wondering how he was related, anyway. Or if he was related. Think about how damn entertaining and weird he turned out to be, even if he scared your hot little cousin Julia away that you were hoping to make out with after you stole some Boone's farm from Aunt Milly and got your cousin drunk before Uncle Woody grabbed her shoulder and got spittle in her eye as he explained why the martians had decided that Skokie was the perfect place to land.

Sounds like you speak from experience...

Joemailman
04-05-2012, 06:57 PM

That's my opinion.

What's with the crazy uncle stories? You have an uncle like that, or are you that uncle?

Fritz
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
What's with the crazy uncle stories? You have an uncle like that, or are you that uncle?

Aren't you paying attention? Woody's the uncle; I'm the frustrated teenager who couldn't get into cousin Julia's pants.

red
04-05-2012, 07:20 PM
so this is on page 3 now. i would just like to point out that the link in woodnuts first post goes to an article that came out before LAST YEARS DRAFT, not this years,

MJZiggy
04-05-2012, 08:29 PM
so this is on page 3 now. i would just like to point out that the link in woodnuts first post goes to an article that came out before LAST YEARS DRAFT, not this years,

Hahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!

MadtownPacker
04-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Fucking badass!!!

MadtownPacker
04-05-2012, 11:21 PM

That's my opinion.

And lay off Uncle Woody, All y'all. Think of him as the crazy uncle at the family reunion, wearing suspenders and a checkered shirt in 95 degree heat, sweat pouring down his neck, breathing heavily and espousing his martian doctrine to everyone. Think how the whole family started wondering how he was related, anyway. Or if he was related. Think about how damn entertaining and weird he turned out to be, even if he scared your hot little cousin Julia away that you were hoping to make out with after you stole some Boone's farm from Aunt Milly and got your cousin drunk before Uncle Woody grabbed her shoulder and got spittle in her eye as he explained why the martians had decided that Skokie was the perfect place to land.Well stated. I am of the same mind but it has got to the point where several have issue with it. Where can we happily meet halfway? Woody started this thread so its kinda fucked up expecting him not to post in it. After what Red pointed out though I think we just need to laugh and then discuss how to make it so that everyone is good.

So how can we make this work?

HarveyWallbangers
04-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Well, I figure we have an ignore feature for a reason. I'm not using it on woody, but I have that option.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 04:20 AM

Here is the LINK that I fully intended to use in the initial post in this thread:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-11174740

When the URL in that initial post (this thread) is revealed in full it is this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/664983-nfl-draft-2011-ted-thompson-and-his-impact-on-the-green-bay-packers#/articles/1126462-green-bay-packers-should-consider-trading-up-in-the-2012-nfl-draft-fans-take

If you read the URL the last portion of it address's exactly what I wanted to make reference to:

articles/1126462-green-bay-packers-should-consider-trading-up-in-the-2012-nfl-draft-fans-take

Green Bay Packers Should Consider Trading Up in the 2012 NFL Draft: Fan’s Take

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2011/05/ipt/1304625326.jpg By Joshua Huffman (http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/608729/joshua_huffman.html), Yahoo! Contributor Network (http://contributor.yahoo.com/join/yahoosports) Mar 30, 3:06 am EDT

Mr Joshua Huffman's Profile follows and in this thread I've already posted this Green Bay Packer fans profile on Yahoo.

"Joshua Huffman graduated from Middle Tennessee State University as a marketing major in 2009. He's been a Middle Tennessee resident from 1986-88 and 2001-present. He lived in the Upper Peninsula and Northern Wisconsin from 1988-01 and for approximately eight months in 2009-10 as he completed a 20-game volunteer position with the USHL's Green Bay Gamblers. His favorite sports organizations include the Green Bay Packers, Chicago Cubs (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chc/), Nashville Predators (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/nas/) and Tennessee Titans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ten/). " Profile of Joshua Hoffman

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 04:26 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!

MJZiggy your acting very poorly. Please try to smarten up.

As a Senior member of Packerrats the membership might expect more from you.

I certainly do.

Thanks You MJ. I know you'll do better.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Well, I figure we have an ignore feature for a reason. I'm not using it on woody, but I have that option.

Harvey I appreciate your intelligence here not using your post 'as a FLAME'; as another member here at Packerrats did in an earlier post and offering the option to the membership to put me on IGNORE.

I allowed for that posters ignorance. Some people cannot help themselves. It's so strange to me that when a person attempts to humiliate someone that person who feels that need to humiliate....... 'only' .....humiliates him/herself.

I also offer that to use an 'ignore option' doesn't necessarily mean to use the IGNORE OPTION available to all of us at Packerrats.

When it's the expressed and obvious desire 'of a member' to post to humiliate a fellow member. that POST is unacceptable.

Reading this thread reveals the obvious creditials of these posters 'as Flamers in terms of their conduct' Vs my sincerely good intentions to be a valued member of Packerrats.

One members conduct 'of late' is certainly a shock to me and that members attitude and conduct towords me should be halted personally as that member is looking bad.

Maybe that member should place me on Packerrats IGNORE option until that member gets a grip and curbs that members ARROGANCE. Regains an unpredudicial respect for all members of Packerrats.

Any member that takes 'subject pleasure' in another's unfortunate circumstance; 'just or unjust'? Should be carefully scrutinized and certainly cautioned.

I'm taking an initiative without POWER. I'm doing so as I care about Packerrats.

This post is 'a caution' to the member of which I write. That members agenda is 'out of line' to certain corruption if that member doesn't get that proper grip. I observe this whole thing with certain concern.

It's so clear to me how 'the corrupt and arrogant' people reveal/expose themselves.

LEWCWA
04-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Harvey I appreciate your intelligence here not using your post 'as a FLAME'; as another member here at Packerrats did in an earlier post and offering the option to the membership to put me on IGNORE.

I allowed for that posters ignorance. Some people cannot help themselves. It's so strange to me that when a person attempts to humiliate someone that person who feels that need to humiliate....... 'only' .....humiliates him/herself.

I also offer that to use an 'ignore option' doesn't necessarily mean to use the IGNORE OPTION available to all of us at Packerrats.

When it's the expressed and obvious desire 'of a member' to post to humiliate a fellow member. that POST is unacceptable.

Reading this thread reveals the obvious creditials of these posters 'as Flamers in terms of their conduct' Vs my sincerely good intentions to be a valued member of Packerrats.

One members conduct 'of late' is certainly a shock to me and that members attitude and conduct towords me should be halted personally as that member is looking bad.

Maybe that member should place me on Packerrats IGNORE option until that member gets a grip and curbs that members ARROGANCE. Regains an unpredudicial respect for all members of Packerrats.

Any member that takes 'subject pleasure' in another's unfortunate circumstance; 'just or unjust'? Should be carefully scrutinized and certainly cautioned.

I'm taking an initiative without POWER. I'm doing so as I care about Packerrats.

This post is 'a caution' to the member of which I write. That members agenda is 'out of line' to certain corruption if that member doesn't get that proper grip. I observe this whole thing with certain concern.

It's so clear to me how 'the corrupt and arrogant' people reveal/expose themselves.

I agree with this post 100%. Some folks around here are here to make others feel bad and it gets old. I guess that is why I don't come around as much anymore. You can bet the flamers will be here shortly to correct me!

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Fucking badass!!!

Mad PLEASE see my post above that attempts to shine proper light on this confusion.

I certainly didn't intend to post an article from Bleacher Report RE: the subject matter of this thread or :

Should Packer GM Ted Thompson use the trade up option in round one of the 2012 Draft.

My full intent was to LINK the artiicle writen by Mr. Joshua Huffman:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-11174740

Mad I don't understand what happened that the LINK in the initial post of this thread directs readers to an article on the success of Ted Thompson's drafts. I certainly didn't intend that.

************************************************** ********************************************

I direct this next part of this post in OPEN Forum to the General Membership of Packerrats. Don't take 'your whimsical needs and agendas to Mad. He doesn't need your whiny ways. We all exist at Packerrats because of Mad. Pay Mad the respect that he deserves.

************************************************** ********************************************

Look at yourselves. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. . . . . . . . P L E A S E.

I'm NOT intending to' hang out any dirty laundry' but this Vs woodbuck27 thing that some members here seem to thrive on of late is overdone and uncalled for. I am certainly as concerned with anyone here and this angst Vs me using LINKS and for the life of me I cannot come up with an universal solution to satisfy those who must complain of such.

I'm writing now of a far worse condition at Packerrats. This condition brings into question basic rights.It calls into question certain prejudice and democratic rights.It attacks basic FREEDOM RIGHTS that need to be taken for granted.

This behaviour on Packerrats of 'certain MEMBERS' Vs woodbuck27 isn't in the Spirit or fairness that any member at packerrats deserves. It's just this sort of combined assult on a member that drives posters away. If that is your intention Vs me. FORGET IT !!

Your pissin' in the wind...pissin on the wrong stump ...... out to lunch. (-: Yes I write that with a smile on my face as you posters are so outing yourselves. in your arrogance and hauty attitudes... your self amusing rhetoric. You make fools of yourselves.

Worse Y'all harm Packerrats and that's unaceptable to me. Again deal withyour own agendas and complaits within yourselves and lay off Mad. Try to add this strength to your own charcter. I stand up for myself and add this:

I certainly don't deserve the creepy attitude of certain members here Vs me.

I make a contribution at Packerrats that exceeds casual insults, jabs and slamming a poster 'Flaming' posts. If ever I fail in that regard Im genuinely remorseful. I try NOT to Flame a member here indiscrimminately.

I'm a solid and good contributing member of Packerrats. If you feel the need to challenge that statement !? My advice..first take yourself before a mirror and take a good look at YOU.

I'm a gentleman of good will generally to all people not just Packerrats. Have I ever or do I insult you?

If I've ever insulted you. I'm not awaren of that insult as 'you' felt such insult. If I've insulted you why am I not aware of that? If I'm not aware of my insult. How may I consider correcting such?. If that applys then please be reasonable..accept my ignorance.

I'm just NOT understanding the attacks on me. I must defend such attacks.

Even my patience sometimes gets tested by posters here that are certainly IMO ignorant to just downright bullish in their rotten personal agendas.

You all know who you are. Don't make me your enemy...I'm not anything resembling that. Get real please.

Please clean up your acts. I'm a Canadian. Moreso I'm an Irish Canadian. More than that... I'm from the Maritrimes of Canada. We're STRONG people. We stand up for ourselves and certainly in terms related to OUR integrity.

Some here want to paint a Profile of woodbuck27 as some CRAZY..OLD dumber than dumb member of Packerrats.

All of those members are so silly in their lack of ability to exercise decency in terms of judgement. Furthermore those members do NOT know Edwin John Wood. Those members lack decent manners and 'only' insult themselves. Hey poke fun at me all you might.I laugh hardest at myself but don't attack me in terms related to my deserving respect at Packerrats.

You will NOT defeat me as your agenda's are wrong.

Want to get out of this mess:

Simply get over yourselves. To use a simple Maritimer expression....KNOCK IT OFF ! Your 'out to lunch', acting so silly.

P L E A S E ........ and ........ THANKS.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 06:10 AM
I agree with this post 100%. Some folks around here are here to make others feel bad and it gets old. I guess that is why I don't come around as much anymore. You can bet the flamers will be here shortly to correct me!

Thanks LEWCWA. PLEASE NOTE: I did some revision to the referred post before I saw and responded to your post. It's NOT any intention of mine to involve Packerats ownership in this unfortunate mess.

This matter will be ended soon. I will express this:

Those Flamers.They will NOT come out Vs this post and I'll tell you why?

This post lays down the wood on them. All they have now is 'to lick' their wounds. Maybe whine a tad more..such is their tired nature. I remain hopeful of this being the solution to an 'overall winning' outcome.

Maybe when they 'the overindulged complainers'; take the needed time they will even GROW. Gain some sence of decency.

Sometimes we all must swollow our 'false pride' and take a good look in a mirror. That sure has worked for me as I grew stronger in my tolerance and understanding of most people to respect them.

Thanks again man. Have a good day.

Bretsky
04-06-2012, 06:38 AM

Red and I were screaming for Brandon Flowers at that spot. At the time though, not many were excited about Jordy and most preferred Desean Jackson at that slot on draft day

Fritz
04-06-2012, 06:52 AM
I dunno - if TT trades up, I'll trust that he really, really likes someone. And in TT I trust. So far.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Red and I were screaming for Brandon Flowers at that spot. At the time though, not many were excited about Jordy and most preferred Desean Jackson at that slot on draft day

Yes. I was thinking it might be Flowers as well. I do recall reading up on Jordy Nelson soon after Ted Thompson selected him; feeling that TT made a solid choice opposed to mine. I'm just 'a fan'. I've always posted this. As a fan it's my observation that I cannot predict what our teams GM will do. I'm just like most here. I enjoy trying to analyze situations and applying certain consistences that work for me in such.

I observe certain members here and their views RE: the Draft and learn tons from their posts. I won't pound sand up anyone's ass. (-:

When I started this thread it was my intention to open some discussion on trading up or down.The merits of such options Vs standing pat with a pick. Everyone's opinion on this option is in my view, NOT wrong.

SkinBasket
04-06-2012, 07:19 AM
MJZiggy your acting very poorly. Please try to smarten up.

As a Senior member of Packerrats the membership might expect more from you.

I certainly do.

Thanks You MJ. I know you'll do better.

Stop being an internet bully woodbuck. Ziggy can find humor where she will.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
You might be surprized where DE Melvin Ingram is being positioned in MOCKS. Here's one Mock that has him going at #20:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

To move from #28 to #20 to get your man. The cost would be 850-660 = 190 Value Points.

That trade up might be compensated by TT trading his 3rd Rd. pick (#90; Value Points = 140) and his 4th Rd. pick (#123; Value Points = 49) for a total compensation of 189 Value Points.

Again this morning a panel on 'the NFL network' are discussing the Seattle Seahawks first round pick At #12 and that they might pick Melvin Ingram. (-:

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 08:14 AM

That's my opinion.

LOL Your sorta close ... RE: Please Lord... " Please ....Don't... let... me.. be... mis...understood." Santa Esmeralda

What in heck are you haulin on...it seems like alot of fun to me. LOL X 10

Back home we call that 'a shtick intro'. There comes a response and it goes on and on and on and we laugh a ton.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Aren't you paying attention? Woody's the uncle; I'm the frustrated teenager who couldn't get into cousin Julia's pants.

yaa..be patient with him.

Back on topic NO. 4 'this thread....or did I loose count? If you had just informed me of your desires for Julia... I would have worn my mask when talking to her.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 08:23 AM

Excuse me ...but it's woodbuck.

Is there even such a thing as 'a woody nut'?

If you read this thread RE:todays respnses you'll see where an error is uncovered in terms of some possible explanation. Thanks for your time.

Freak Out
04-06-2012, 08:32 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Flag_of_New_Brunswick.svg/800px-Flag_of_New_Brunswick.svg.png

Freak Out
04-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Woody time.

Freak Out
04-06-2012, 08:34 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/Flag_of_Prince_Edward_Island.svg/800px-Flag_of_Prince_Edward_Island.svg.png

Freak Out
04-06-2012, 08:35 AM
...and last but not least...Nova Scotia.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Flag_of_Nova_Scotia.svg/800px-Flag_of_Nova_Scotia.svg.png

Scott Campbell
04-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Some here want to paint a Profile of woodbuck27 as some CRAZY..OLD dumb member of Packerrats.

Yeah, you people ought to be ashamed.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Flag_of_New_Brunswick.svg/800px-Flag_of_New_Brunswick.svg.png

Freak Out.

Damn you.Your making me homesick. (-:

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 07:08 AM
I dunno - if TT trades up, I'll trust that he really, really likes someone. And in TT I trust. So far.

I trust what I see. As 'just a fan' I cannot see it all; in any case I'll offer what would be a decent set of strategy options for our GM Ted Thompson:

Ted Thompson doesn't have to trade up or down around his first three picks (#28;#59 and #90) unless an NFL team makes him an offer that's attractive.

Ted Thompson doesn't pull all the strings; neither does he seem that sorta guy.

Yet...TT may covet a certain player ie at his 59th Second Round Pick. He has a host of defensive prospects to assess and target in Round two and again with the 90th Pick in Round 3.

Round One

Who can Ted Thompson secure for us with his First Round one pick at #28 ?

One of these prospects will be avaiklable:

1. Devon Still, DT, Penn State
2. Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
3. Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
4. Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall
5. Ronnell Lewis, OLB/DE, Oklahoma
6. Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
7. Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
8. Zach Brown, OLB, North

Round Two

If you research the TOP 100 prospects today one of the following are more than likely going to be available at Pick #59 and I will offer some of Ted Thompson's options.

These are prospects that today seem likely to be available to Ted thompson at Pick #59:

Markelle Martin, SS, Oklahoma State
Shea McClellin, DE/OLB, Boise State
Casey Hayward ,CB,Vanderbilt
Mychal Kendricks,LB,California
Alameda Ta'amu, DT,Washington
** Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California**
Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia.

Ted thompson has pick # 123 in the 4th Round with a trade value (TV) of 49 Pts. If he had to trade up to Pick position # 54 ... 'to get his guy' ... he might offer Pick #123.

Pick NO.163 in the 5th Round has a TV of 26 and offering that pick in a trade up 'might' move TT from Pick #59 two slots up to Pick #57.

Offering his 4th and 5th round picks or (a TV = 750 may get Ted Thompson all the way up to Pick NO. 52 and some of the following prospects come into play:

Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska
Derek Wolfe, DT/DE, Cincinnati
Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
ROUND Three

Our GM Ted Thompson many options 'in the 3rd Round' in terms of staying put at Pick #90 Vs trading up.

Who might he choose in Round NO. 3 with Pick #90 ? One of these prospects will be available here:

1. Antonio Allen, SS, South Carolina
2. Billy Winn, DT/5T, Boise State
3. Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State
4. Tank Carder, ILB, TCU
5. Bobby Wagner, OLB/ILB, Utah State

6. Jonathan Massaquoi, OLB/DE, Troy

7. Chris Polk, RB, Washington

8. Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas
9. Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State

10.** James Brown, OT, Troy **

11. Emmanuel Acho, OLB/ILB, Texas

GO Ted Thompson !