PDA

View Full Version : Vote to keep Rodgers OFF the Madden box.

Pugger
04-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Why take a chance? ;-)

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover

Guiness
04-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Been there, done that.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?23810-Vote-AGAINST-AR

But like the click for cans, you have to be persistent!

Lurker64
04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I really want Patrick Willis on the Madden Cover, so I'll do whatever I can to keep Rodgers off.

Guiness
04-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Near impossible for a defensive player to make it. Other than EA being unable to decide on solo cover athletes for their '10 games, Ray Lewis was the only one, right?

Cruz beat out Revis, and Patrick Willis barely got by Maurice-Drew Jones.

Zool
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Doesn't voting Calvin Johnson in make the most sense for us?

mraynrand
04-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Cutler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d7CKwUHWBo&feature=related

woodbuck27
04-05-2012, 04:13 AM
I really want Patrick Willis on the Madden Cover, so I'll do whatever I can to keep Rodgers off.

If we can't load up the box to keep Aaron Rodgers out of it. The final vote will come down to Aaron Rodgers Vs Calvin Johnson.

Pugger
04-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Okay, guys, he's now in the final 4. Get out there and vote for Megatron! ;-)

Upnorth
04-11-2012, 03:43 PM

I did my part!

gbgary
04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
http://packerrats.com/images/icons/icon14.png

woodbuck27
04-11-2012, 10:55 PM

Ohh Ohh! If we can vote for DD we cannot vote for AR.

SnakeLH2006
04-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Who cares? Madden games suck....so do superstitions. Arod 4tw!

SnakeLH2006
04-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Btw...

EA voted the worst company in America, awarded a Golden Poo

http://www.techspot.com/news/48068-ea-voted-the-worst-company-in-america-awarded-a-golden-poo.html

Gunakor
04-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Who cares? Madden games suck....so do superstitions. Arod 4tw!

It's not superstition anymore. The curse is real. It's not a myth, it's reality. It happens every single year. They tried putting both Pola and Fitz on together and both suffered that season. Thought putting a real nobody like Hillis on the cover last year might break the curse, but no. Happened to him too. You know what sucks more than superstitions? Legitimate curses. Vote Megatron.

woodbuck27
04-12-2012, 06:32 AM
It's not superstition anymore. The curse is real. It's not a myth, it's reality. It happens every single year. They tried putting both Pola and Fitz on together and both suffered that season. Thought putting a real nobody like Hillis on the cover last year might break the curse, but no. Happened to him too. You know what sucks more than superstitions? Legitimate curses. Vote Megatron.

I'm an Irish Canadian = Superstitious. That's not the issue or being superstitios 'right or wrong - sensable or not'.

Reality dictates certain behaviour. Take 'this curse' seriously. We do NOT want AR's mug on 'the Madden cover.

DO YOUR PART TO KEEP Aaron Rogers 'OFF' the Madden Cover.

woodbuck27
04-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Why take a chance? ;-)

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover

Thursday 12 April,2012.

Heads Up Packerrats. We need to vote by Tuesday 17 April 2012; as the finalists will be announced on Thursday 18 April 2012. Do your part to keep Aaron Rodgers 'off' the madden Cover.

This week ...it's our guy Aaron Rodgers Vs Calvin Johnson. Think of it this way. Every person in North America NOT a Green Bay Packer fasn wants Aaron Rodger to win the Madden cover.

'YOU' .... cannot 'stop this' sitting on your duff and not voting for Calvin Johnson.

PLEASE ! This is 'one time' that y'all need to click on that LINK. Vote Calvin Johnson. We don't need 'the CURSE'.

Scott Campbell
04-12-2012, 09:03 AM

Think of how legendary it will be for the guy that breaks "the curse".

I'm voting for Rodgers.

gbgary
04-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Think of how legendary it will be for the guy that breaks "the curse".

I'm voting for Rodgers.

i canceled your vote. :)

Pugger
04-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Well, Rodgers has been saved and will not be on the cover! ;-) Vote now for Megatron!

Upnorth
04-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Well, Rodgers has been saved and will not be on the cover! ;-) Vote now for Megatron!

Why do I have the feeling that Johnson will be having a very poor problematic season.

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 12:08 PM

AWESOME NEWS ! (-:

gbgary
04-18-2012, 01:22 PM

done!

Guiness
04-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Johnson beat Rodgers pretty soundly. Have to wonder how much of that was from Packer fans voting against him!!! Like a click for cans in reverse.

pbmax
04-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Aaron Rodgers ‏ @AaronRodgers12

Thanks to all our packer fans that voted for and against me in the madden voting! Happy Wednesday! #Curseavoided #go bucks

Retweeted by Tom Oates

Gunakor
04-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Johnson beat Rodgers pretty soundly. Have to wonder how much of that was from Packer fans voting against him

We have the best fans in the entire world, but we can't get complacent. Vote Megatron. Again.

Rooting for a curse to a rival player isn't like Greg Williams rooting for injury to an opposing player, is it?

Scott Campbell
04-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Are you guys going to vote to have me wear my lucky underwear?

gbgary
04-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Are you guys going to vote to have me wear my lucky underwear?

have they been lucky enough to have been through the wash lately?

Scott Campbell
04-19-2012, 10:13 AM
have they been lucky enough to have been through the wash lately?

What?????

And risk washing off all the luck???????

Upnorth
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
What?????

And risk washing off all the luck???????
I'm still shocked you even have underwear.

Scott Campbell
04-19-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm still shocked you even have underwear.

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to ruin the fantasy.

Lurker64
04-19-2012, 12:19 PM
I think we're in a no-lose situation now. Either Cam Newton is on the cover (which is hilarious, since he's a second year player and he wasn't *that* good last year) or Calvin Johnson is on the cover (which will help the Packers once he tragically breaks his leg in the preseason.)

Upnorth
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
û
I think we're in a no-lose situation now. Either Cam Newton is on the cover (which is hilarious, since he's a second year player and he wasn't *that* good last year) or Calvin Johnson is on the cover (which will help the Packers once he tragically breaks his leg in the preseason.)

You really think Cam didn't play 'that' good last yeàr?

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM

Fritz will turn to his Super Hero costume. Fritz is a compassionate poster at Packerrats. His compassion extends beyond all things GB Packer.

He'll be on every talk show on every radio station in Detroit warning of the curse. He'll be standing on street corners wearing a sandwich board sign warning Lions fans to please protect their interssts in CJ.

Fritz will not sleep for days on end concerned for the Lions. Fritz has been seen in attendance at Lions games back in the Barry Sanders era and still has a soft spot for this poor franchise.

Every team needs some dedicated and intelligent fans.

Lurker64
04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
You really think Cam didn't play 'that' good last yeàr?

He was worse than Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Romo, Stafford, Eli, Ryan, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Vick, Dalton, Smith, and Flacco. But sure, put the 13th best QB in the league last year on the Madden cover because he played a lot better than expected.

Joemailman
04-19-2012, 05:30 PM
He was worse than Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Romo, Stafford, Eli, Ryan, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Vick, Dalton, Smith, and Flacco. But sure, put the 13th best QB in the league last year on the Madden cover because he played a lot better than expected.

He threw and ran for 4800 yards and 35 touchdowns. Only Rodgers, Brees and Brady meant as much to their teams.

pbmax
04-19-2012, 08:44 PM
I'd say he is close to Ryan and Dalton. Close enough that as a rookie, he was far more exciting from a marketing standpoint, which is what a Madden cover is all about. Unless everyone thought Eddie George was the best player in football when he made his cover.

LP
04-25-2012, 07:20 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/fans-choose-calvin-johnson-over-cam-newton-for-madden-cover/

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!