PDA

View Full Version : 2012 mock draft round 2 poll retake

packrulz
04-05-2012, 05:20 AM
We have decided to redo the Packers poll with a different selection. Select the player you would like for TT to draft.

Joemailman
04-05-2012, 08:06 AM
I went with Irvin hoping his recent off-field incident was an anomaly. I think he has a lot of upside. Kendricks is an undersized (but good) ILB, I don't think Cam Johnson can play OLB, Hosley is a midget, Lewis has off-field issues, and Mosley and Wolfe, in my opinion are reaches this early.

woodbuck27
04-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Respectfully, how did you arrive at these choices?

From my analysis the only choice that seems close as a possible #59 pick (might be) Mychal Kendricks, LB, California. He might be a slight reach.

If we get fortunate. Possibly a LT falls to that #59 pick. ie OT Bobbie Massie Ole Miss or LT/OG James Brown, TROY. **

Maybe? ... TT will go CB. Select Trumaine Johnson, S. Montana or Brandon Boykin, Georgia if one or both of these players are available.

I would be very happy if TT selected to boost our OL and picks LT Bobbie Massie or LT/OG James Brown with OUR 59th pick in round 2.

Going with versatility, my choice is James Brown LT/OG, TROY.

Brandon494
04-05-2012, 10:31 AM
I went with Irvin hoping his recent off-field incident was an anomaly. I think he has a lot of upside. Kendricks is an undersized (but good) ILB, I don't think Cam Johnson can play OLB, Hosley is a midget, Lewis has off-field issues, and Mosley and Wolfe, in my opinion are reaches this early.

Hosley is 1 inch shorter than Shields and weighs about the same. Hosley also has been graded as a late first to early 2nd round pick so he is hardly a reach. He would also provide depth in TE return game and as a gunner to replace Lee.

Joemailman
04-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Hosley is 1 inch shorter than Shields and weighs about the same. Hosley also has been graded as a late first to early 2nd round pick so he is hardly a reach. He would also provide depth in TE return game and as a gunner to replace Lee.

Packers have concerns about Shields' tackling ability, and I see some of the same with Hosley, which brings into question his ability to be more than a nickel. For the record, I said Mosley was a reach, not Hosley.

woodbuck27
04-05-2012, 11:19 AM

What's your source please. Thank you.

Lurker64
04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't think Cam Johnson can play OLB,

I'm confused about this, he played in space, rushed from a 2 point stance, and dropped into coverage at Virginia.

If you think people like Perry or Mercilus can play OLB (who didn't do any of those things) why would you think Johnson couldn't?

Joemailman
04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm confused about this, he played in space, rushed from a 2 point stance, and dropped into coverage at Virginia.

If you think people like Perry or Mercilus can play OLB (who didn't do any of those things) why would you think Johnson couldn't?

I have my doubts about them as well. Now I realize that all these guys probably lack something you want in an OLB. When I said I think Johnson can't play OLB, I just meant I'm not convinced enough that I would take him in the 2nd round.

packrulz
04-05-2012, 07:13 PM
One OLB we may have overlooked is Bobby Wagner, Utah State, he couldn't work out at the combine because he had pneumonia. At his pro day he ran a 4.5 40 yd dash and is ranked 6th among olb's. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=102957&draftyear=2012&genpos=olb

Joemailman
04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I guess I've thought of him as more of a 4-3 OLB or an 3-4 ILB due to his lack of height.

ND72
04-05-2012, 08:35 PM
McCarthy said last year at draft time "Green Bay will never draft a CB under 6'..."

that's the Capers way with defense.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 06:15 AM
B. I . Ohh Boy !

Pugger
04-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Other - Shea McClellin