PDA

View Full Version : MCCLELIN...INFO

Bretsky
04-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Stellar article; gotta like his prosepcts in GB. He's a reason you trade up into the top 45 range after getting a DL in round one. BOOM

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/mcclellin-positions-himself-well-i14sd34-146211645.html

mission
04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I like this kid more and more.

Bretsky
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Mike Mayock......now rates him as the 2nd best OLB in the draft and notes anybody who needs an OLB should have no problem pulling the trigger at end of round one...early round two.

Brooks Reed II ?????

mission
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Ive been seeing some mocks with him going as high as 27th to the Patriots. That would be a drag.
A lot of comments out there from the punters that say they wouldn't even want him in round 2... I don't know what to think but in a vacuum and seeing his combine numbers, it definitely seems like a good TT pick. (And Belicheck, unfortunately)

packrulz
04-06-2012, 05:34 AM
I really like him, but not in round 1, move up in round 2 to get him, like you said.

Bretsky
04-06-2012, 06:36 AM
I really like him, but not in round 1, move up in round 2 to get him, like you said.

Ideally I think ou are right but I'd have no problems taking him at end of round one. He looks to be an all around smash mouth football player without a lot of risk.

Fritz
04-06-2012, 06:56 AM
I read a GBPG chat this morning that suggested the kid is not an all-world athlete but loves the game, gives it his all, etc.

Don't we already have that guy on this team? That AJ Hawk guy?

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Mike Mayock......now rates him as the 2nd best OLB in the draft and notes anybody who needs an OLB should have no problem pulling the trigger at end of round one...early round two.

Brooks Reed II ?????

B. Your certainly HIGH on him. (-; I have to take a closer look as my info. doesn't have him going bot. 1st Rd. ... top 2nd Rd.

Fr. Article:

"After Shea interviewed with about 15 teams at the combine, he brought home various sets of NFL gear. To grandma, the Packers hat and skull cap stood out immediately. That's where Terry hopes he goes. She remembers watching Lombardi's teams growing up and says her grandson would fit right in.

To the tradition. To the current team......

"If they get him, I'll be running up and down Chicken Dinner Road just screaming," she said. "I could see him there with Clay Matthews. My clean-cut kid with his really, really short hair and Clay with his really, really long hair." " Fr. Article... Initial post this thread.

Freak Out
04-06-2012, 08:18 AM
If you have watched any Boise State football you have noticed him......he just keeps on running.

Lurker64
04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
I like him, but not more than Branch or Mercilus. I could see pulling the trigger in round 1 if Branch is gone and the coaches don't trust Mercilus though.

wist43
04-06-2012, 12:00 PM
My first thought was that I didn't want him... but after watching him more, he might be okay.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 03:28 PM
It now appears to me that Shea McClellin is a TOP prospect to become a Green Bay Packer. He certainly wasn't my choice before this week.

Reference: The respect I have for the posters (posts) that proceed this one on this thread.

I'm also awae that the complexion of the MOCK draft boards is changing dramatically; as prospect assesments are being revised and as a result of free agency.

Cheesehead Craig
04-06-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't think he's really 1st round worthy. I just don't see a lot of explosive speed out of him. He's big, I'll give him that.

woodbuck27
04-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Shea McClellin Boise State DE Superman ! 5:00 Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RFVe8dxfok

Draftscouts.com ...Ranked #3 of 189 OLB's ... Position 2...DE.

6 foot 3 inchs and 260 lbs.

40 Time 4.63 Sec. Low 40 @ 4.54 ; Hi 40 @ 4.75

Projected as Round 1-2.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70853&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

Bretsky
04-06-2012, 06:23 PM
I read a GBPG chat this morning that suggested the kid is not an all-world athlete but loves the game, gives it his all, etc.

Don't we already have that guy on this team? That AJ Hawk guy?

Watch his film; he has pass rushing moves Hawk never had
What you described was exactly what the Brooks Reed haters said last year.

Bretsky
04-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I like him, but not more than Branch or Mercilus. I could see pulling the trigger in round 1 if Branch is gone and the coaches don't trust Mercilus though.

Branch looks very stiff to me; I was watching film of him yesterday on youtube and highlights on NFL Network.
I'll pass on Mercilus; the one year wonders scare me over proven production

Bretsky
04-06-2012, 06:27 PM
My first thought was that I didn't want him... but after watching him more, he might be okay.

A BLESSING FROM WIST !! :)

Watch more film.........nice change of direction....a knack for the ball and QB. I was bias against him up until the last week when I saw more film.

mission
04-08-2012, 08:05 AM
As far as Branch goes, I'm really scared of anyone from Clemson. Do they ever work out?

Pugger
04-08-2012, 08:39 AM
McClellin looks pretty good but is he 1st round worthy? I donno...

Bretsky
04-08-2012, 09:56 AM
McClellin looks pretty good but is he 1st round worthy? I donno...

a good question; I think often we over analyze exactly where we draft guys.

In th end it's about taking the right one; every year there are guys who outperform where they are drafted.

This guy seems to be the safe/stable pick. When we draft there will probably be boom or bust guys with more upside...or you got this guy......who shows some of the tenacity of an Aaron Kampmen. I'd LOVE to see this guy opposite Matthews.

Forever I've been begging manipulating a few traded so we have two picks between 35-45 because I think those guys will be just as good as 28. I'd be fine with him at 28 or 40.

He won't be there if he sit on our ass and see what falls to us in round two

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 10:21 AM

In th end it's about taking the right one; every year there are guys who outperform where they are drafted.

This guy seems to be the safe/stable pick. When we draft there will probably be boom or bust guys with more upside...or you got this guy......who shows some of the tenacity of an Aaron Kampmen. I'd LOVE to see this guy opposite Matthews.

Forever I've been begging manipulating a few traded so we have two picks between 35-45 because I think those guys will be just as good as 28. I'd be fine with him at 28 or 40.

This kid might be a popular pick in round one. Shea McClellin will IMO be 'an awesomely more popular' pick in Round 2.

I agree TT willl have to pull the trigger and trade up from Pick #59.

OK.... Your TT .... Bretsky:

If he's sitting there at pick#50 are you going to hummy haw it and procrastinate on making a move for him?

You have three fourth round selections. You can trade your fourth with a TV (trade value) of 49 and move to position #54. You love
Shea McClellin, DE/OLB, Boise State. Every GM knows this is a fact. What are you going to do Bretsky?

Gotta run ! I've an Easter Egg Hunt to attend to. (-:

GO Ted Thompson !

pbmax
04-08-2012, 07:07 PM

That's the Marty Schottenheimer approach to drafting. Concentrate so hard on who is maximizing and achieving 110% you are outgunned at nearly every position in talent. Trying hard and losing is still losing. You need some upside. I have no idea whether McClellin has it or not, but drafting by performance alone limits your top end.

I am no fan of the Blue Chip or difference maker theory of good teams, mostly because the folks who construct the lists cannot truly separate out who is great versus who is in a very good position to succeed. Christl tried, but in order to be dead sure, his list was 1-3 players for good teams. But you need to have an undeniable base of talent to overcome other good teams. Part of Thompson's no FA plan is that the young guys get better. Its the reason no one is happy with Hawk.

As for sitting in Round 2, whether its wise or not depends on what is left on the board. If a lot of similar talent is falling, trading up isn't wise. We'll see, he did it for Matthews and Burnett when the bottom was dropping out of their positions.

Lurker64
04-08-2012, 07:59 PM
As far as Branch goes, I'm really scared of anyone from Clemson. Do they ever work out?

Jeff Tedford QBs certainly don't work out in the NFL...

mission
04-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Jeff Tedford QBs certainly don't work out in the NFL...

That was more of a media generalization and the Clemson thing is just something I've personally always thought... a little google search returns Brian Dawkins, Trevor Pryce, Michael Dean Perry, The Fridge and Dwight Clark as top Clemson guys. Not a bad list, but pales in comparison to just about every other major university. I think a combination of the Anderson, SC lifestyle with playing in a never-good ACC has something to do with guys looking better than they really are.

Tedford had a system where guys could put up good numbers... I never remember people saying Joey Harrington had a rocket arm and was the surest thing out of the draft since John Elway, but he was drafted high anyway. That's an evaluation issue over anything.

At least we can look back and say 33% of his QBs have won Super Bowls... retrospect isn't so nice to Clemson's legacy.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 02:16 AM

Read this and you'll understand why B. is so 'HIGH' on Shea McClellin. I'm thinking that Ted Thompson would have to be as high on him as B. and many other noteables are to see this supberb athlete in the Green and Gold. I'm thinking that today Ted Thompson would have to LOVE this young man and be smacking his lips to grab him ** 'if available' at #28. YES.... 'if available', as this prospects stock is rising that fast.

** Note: The NE Patriots, 'a team that needs to load up with new blood on 'D' are drafting at Picks #27; again in the second round at pick #48.

This may seem a bit wild to y'all; but would Ted Thompson have made such a poor choice going Shea McClellin at #28? Taking it for granted 'that was even possible'. IMO ... the answer is no. Shea McClellin's stock is rising like a 'new to full moon'. Shea McClellin looks like Packer people to me. Shea McClellin is all...... 'get the QB'. Shea McClellin is 'ALL ATHLETE'.

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-cowboys/2012/4/7/2931438/ok-you-got-me-who-the-heck-is-shea-mcclellin-from-boise-state

Why not take him at #28? I'm positive by draft day that move will certainly please alot of fans in Packer Nation. That move will have Bretsky watching for Ted Thompson for days just hoping to get a sighting. So that he can run right up to Ted and yell out... Thanks Ted...I could kiss your ass for the Shea McClellin pick.

I can gurantee this. If TT goes wait and see in the second round RE: this talent. There's not 'a snow balls chance in July' that Shea McCellin survives to pick #59.

GO Ted Thompson !

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 02:43 AM
http://catcrave.com/2012/04/07/2012-nfl-draft-rising-and-falling/

2012 NFL Draft: Rising and Falling

Apr 7th, 2012 at 1:01 pm by Ken Dye (http://catcrave.com/author/beldar/)

Rising

Shea McClellin, LB, Boise St. " A Clay Matthews type "

This is a case of sunlight doing its job. McClellin has extensive game tape as he’s been on the blue (ew!) field for the past few years and all he does is make plays. He’s all over the field causing all sorts of problems doing all manner of things being a general pain in the…ankle…to opposing offenses.

ESPN’s Mike Mayock noted he’s ranked lower than Whitney Mercilus, who was a 1-year wonder at Illinois. Of course, the Illini played a Big Ten schedule to somewhat offset that lack of longevity, but Shea did a lot of damage to a lot of teams at Boise State, and they play a few ranked teams every year and have a great program going.

McClellin could go as high as the bottom of the first round when all’s said and done.

A team like New England could really use an edge guy with a great motor like Shea, who projects to be an outside linebacker.

His ultimate ceiling? A Clay Matthews type." Article

Cheesehead Craig
04-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Over the top superlatives come quite often come draft time.

McClellin as a Clay Matthews ceiling? I doubt it. He has nowhere near the explosiveness of Matthews. Sure he hustles and is a "high motor" guy, but I don't see Matthews as his ceiling.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/09/2012-mock-draft-take-two/

2012 mock draft, take two

Posted by Evan Silva on April 9, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT

27. Patriots: Nick Perry, DE, USC
A one-trick pony, Perry slips to the pass rush-needy Pats.

28. Packers: Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State.
He gives Green Bay a high-motor bookend for Clay Matthews.

Comment: woodbuck27

See the next four Picks and in particular RE: Defense ... #31 Devon Still, DT, Penn State. and #32 Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College.

29. Ravens: Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
Randle has a realistic chance to be this draft’s best receiver.

30. 49ers: Peter Konz, G, Wisconsin
Konz can play guard and center, both need areas in San Fran.

31. Patriots: Devon Still, DT, Penn State
The best player left upgrades New England’s interior pass rush.

32. Giants: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
Kuechly drops because inside linebackers are devalued in the NFL.

This MOCK has these prospects including one I like LB Courtenay Upshaw who in this MOCK is 'over the top' too expensive for Ted Thompson. He'd have to throw away his second round pick to secure one of these three prospects.

ie Courtney Upshaw woud cost 240 Value Points and pick #59 is worth 310 'Value Points' but TT could possibly secure another 4th Rd. pick:

17. Bengals: Mark Barron, S, Alabama.
He’s a natural replacement for Chris Crocker (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2590/chris-crocker) at strong safety.

18. Chargers: Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama.
San Diego can finally wash its hands of Larry English (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5234/larry-english).

19. Bears: Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois.
The Bears believe pass rusher is their biggest draft need.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18355428/big-board-sec-dominates-on-field-and-in-terms-of-draft-prospects

Friday April 06, 2012 - 5:54 PM

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/cbss/ui5/authors/100x100/10471.png
Big Board: SEC dominates on field and in terms of draft prospects

By Rob Rang (http://www.cbssports.com/columns/writers/rang) | NFLDraftScout.com

" 23. Stephon Gilmore (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1664166/stephon-gilmore), CB, South Carolina: Gilmore has been able to rely on his size (6-0, 190) and athleticism throughout his college career and was protected by arguably the most talented defensive line in the country. He remains a work in progress in terms of technique but having proven his straight-line speed at the combine (4.4) and possessing the physicality to intrigue teams as even a possible safety convert, it is hard not to fall in love with his upside.

24. Whitney Mercilus (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1619959/whitney-mercilus), DE/OLB, Illinois: Mercilus' staggering production (16 sacks, nine forced fumbles) at Illinois in 2011 was a function not only of his own talents but also an aggressive scheme that often gave him favorable matchups. While his statistics were inflated, the athleticism Mercilus demonstrated in ensuing workouts shows that he has more upside than I've previously given him credit for. As one of several pass rushers capable of lining up at defensive end in the 4-3 or outside linebacker in the 3-4, I fully expect him to be drafted higher than my ranking indicates.

25. Chandler Jones (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1695530), DE, Syracuse: Were it not for a knee injury that robbed him of five games in 2011, Jones might compete for the top spot among defensive ends in this draft class. The 6-5, 266-pound Jones lacks the elite burst and flexibility to ever be a double-digit sacks type in the NFL, but he boasts an impressive array of moves and is a high-effort player who shows up against the pass and run, alike.

26. Jerel Worthy (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1631028/jerel-worthy), DT, Michigan State*: Worthy measured in a bit smaller (6-2, 308) than expected at the combine and wasn't particularly impressive in drills in Indy. He was much better at his pro day and was the primary reason the Spartans led the Big Ten in both run and total defense. I have some reservations about his snap-to-snap consistency, but Worthy is a tough run-stuffing presence on the inside with uncommon burst to penetrate gaps and make plays behind the line of scrimmage.

27. Jonathan Martin (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1695609), OT, Stanford*: While the rest of Stanford's "Fantastic Four" prospects met or exceeded expectations at their March 22 pro day, Martin was a disappointment. It is hard to argue with the success he's had protecting Luck's blindside over the past three seasons but demonstrating less athleticism than expected during drills left some concerned that he doesn't possess the feet to remain at left tackle in the NFL. Worse, with only 20 repetitions in the bench press, some worry that Martin might struggle at right tackle. I'm moving him down my board but do still believe that he'll ultimately hear his name called in the first round.

28. Nick Perry (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1631896/nick-perry), DE, Southern Cal*: As anticipated, Perry enjoyed one of the combine's most impressive all-around performances showing speed (4.64), strength (35 reps) and explosiveness (38.5-inch vertical leap). He led the Pac-12 with 9.5 sacks in 2011 and may just be scratching the surface of his potential.

29. Doug Martin (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1274369/doug-martin), RB, Boise State: Some will point to Miami's Lamar Miller or Virginia Tech's David Wilson as the back likely to follow Richardson due to their greater straight-line speed. Martin, however, is a more natural runner, demonstrating the vision, lateral agility, balance and burst to be a feature back in the NFL.

30. Andre Branch (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1262880/andre-branch), DE/OLB, Clemson: At 6-4, 270 pounds Branch has the size and athleticism to intrigue 4-3 and 3-4 teams. Like the aforementioned Gilmore, Branch's tape is a bit inconsistent, but there is no denying the burst and flexibility he possesses and that these traits project very well as an NFL pass rusher.

31. Kendall Reyes (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1277494/kendall-reyes), DT, Connecticut: Reyes has been a standout throughout his career with the Huskies but really boosted his stock with an impressive performance at the Senior Bowl. Demonstrating the quickness and power to translate well as a defensive tackle in the 4-3 or as a defensive end in the 3-4 alignment, Reyes' versatility and intangibles (two-time team captain) stand out at a position considered one of the 2012 draft's most talented.

32. Shea McClellin (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1274370/shea-mcclellin), OLB, Boise State: McClellin made a name for himself as a terror off the edge for the Broncos (20.5 career sacks) but it wasn't until he made the move to outside linebacker at the Senior Bowl that his true versatility was shown. Possessing the athleticism, technique and work ethic necessary to be successful in any scheme, McClellin is one of the safer prospects in the 2012 draft.

33. Rueben Randle (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1679976/rueben-randle), WR, LSU: Despite earning All-SEC accolades in 2011, Randle didn't post great numbers as a junior (53 catches for 973 yards and eight touchdowns). He's been a standout in the conference since signing as an extremely highly touted prep prospect and has made significant gains each year. Those who questioned his downfield speed were silenced when Randle was clocked in the low 4.4s on two attempts at the 40-yard dash at his March 22 pro day.

34. Devon Still (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1272618/devon-still), DT, Penn State: Still's talent has been obvious throughout his career, but until a breakout senior season in which he earned recognition as the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year it simmered below the surface. Still's inability to play in the Senior Bowl (sprained toe) was disappointing and for some will re-energize concerns about his consistency and intrinsic motivation.

35. Vinny Curry (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1635785/vinny-curry), DE, Marshall: Curry was every bit as productive against Conference USA talent as one might expect from a possible first-round talent, recording an eye-popping 77 tackles, 22 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, seven forced fumbles and three blocked kicks as a senior. There are questions whether the 6-3, 266-pound Curry has the agility and recognition to handle converting to outside linebacker in the 3-4 but if 4-3 teams are willing to overlook his size, he could surprise with his natural pass-rush skills and high-revving motor. " Fr. Article

GO PACK GO !

King Friday
04-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Shea intrigues me. He's clearly an athlete and he has a great motor. With Clay commanding so much attention on one side of the field, you have to think Kevin Greene would find a way to get a kid like this to make an impact. I would not mind if Thompson took the kid. He fills an area of need, and I like the fact his family is already embracing Green Bay as a good fit. If we want an impact OLB pass rusher, we probably won't get one waiting until late in the 2nd.

woodbuck27
04-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Shea intrigues me. He's clearly an athlete and he has a great motor. With Clay commanding so much attention on one side of the field, you have to think Kevin Greene would find a way to get a kid like this to make an impact. I would not mind if Thompson took the kid. He fills an area of need, and I like the fact his family is already embracing Green Bay as a good fit. If we want an impact OLB pass rusher, we probably won't get one waiting until late in the 2nd.

Yup. TT has to make a move (s) in Rounds 1 and 2. Unless he has a gold chip pass rusher somewhere in 'his world'.

woodbuck27
04-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Yup. TT has to make a move (s) in Rounds 1 and 2. Unless he has a gold chip pass rusher somewhere in 'his world'.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/2012/4/16/2950609/2012-nfl-mock-draft-trade-ryan-tannehill

I just discovered this MOCK and what it shows is that OLman are moving up draft boards with as much as seven (7) being picked in Round One.

That means that a pass rusher like * DE Whitney Mercilus may 'in fact' be available to us. Do we want him?

In this MOCK we just miss out on ** Safety Mark Barron who gets nabbed by the NE Patriots at pick #27. Last week the story was who would go with Mark Barron the Boys or the Jets trading up for him. It's really pretty wild. The Pats will be going defense in this draft and in this MOCK get a good one.

* http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/36308/whitney-mercilus

** http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/35162/mark-barron

Add to the REAL possibilities:

*** DT Jerel Worthy and **** DE Kendall Reyes.

DE/OLB Nick Perry and OLB/DE Shea McClellin are not drafted in Round One of this MOCK.

*** http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/36785/jerel-worthy

**** http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/5944/kendall-reyes

ND72
04-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Shea actually reminds me of JJ Watt in a way. I'm trying to read more and more on him. Listened to an NFL.com draft podcast this morning, and they have him as a "riser" and a team like Green Bay will have to move up in round 1 to get him now. The DE/OLB pass rushers are all kind of "clumped" into one area, and teams like them in the 20-30 range in round 1. They (and I don't knwo who the speakers were) said Shea is the #2 OLB as of today on the draft board for them only behind Melvin Ingram.

woodbuck27
04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Shea actually reminds me of JJ Watt in a way. I'm trying to read more and more on him. Listened to an NFL.com draft podcast this morning, and they have him as a "riser" and a team like Green Bay will have to move up in round 1 to get him now. The DE/OLB pass rushers are all kind of "clumped" into one area, and teams like them in the 20-30 range in round 1. They (and I don't knwo who the speakers were) said Shea is the #2 OLB as of today on the draft board for them only behind Melvin Ingram.

The Shea McClellin family has to be very excited with just a dozen days before the opening of this draft.

Look for ** CB Janoris Jenkins to fall 'like a brick in water'.

It might be a challenge for teams to elect to pick *** DE Whitney Mercilus as well until Round Two. Will that awesome year translate to a transition to the NFL?

** http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/36014/janoris-jenkins

*** http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/36308/whitney-mercilus

woodbuck27
04-16-2012, 11:21 AM

Last week it was Ingram followed by Mercilus and then McClellin.

A month ago OLB/DE Shea McClellin was ranked down around #70 on BIG BOARDS. His rise is mercurial.

The real question will be which GM will elect to chose him when. These early round picks represent HUGE MONEY in terms of team importance and status in the NFL. Every pick (decision) is a huge one.

woodbuck27
04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-50-48-shea-mcclellin-olb-boise-state-211453197.html

The Shutdown 50: #48 — Shea McClellin, DE/OLB, Boise State.. Note: That was on March 6, 2012.

By Doug Farrar (http://sports.yahoo.com/author/doug-farrar/) | Shutdown Corner (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/) – Tue, Mar 6, 2012 4:14 PM EST

" In 2011, he was named first-team All-Mountain West Conference with 46 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss and six sacks. He built off a 2010 season in which he racked up 13.5 tackles for loss and a team-high 9.5 sacks. It's clear that McClellin has everything it takes from a raw athletic perspective to be an elite pass-rusher, but how do his abilities best transfer to the NFL? " Fr. Story

SEE CONS....

Conclusion:

"Most of McClellin's obvious negative issues as an NFL prospect could be mitigated, or eliminated, with a switch to strong-side linebacker, or to straight "endbacker" in the Clay Matthews mold. Like Matthews, McClellin transcended his original status as a lightly recruited player to become a true difference-maker on an elite defense. His coaches at the Senior Bowl had him playing linebacker for the most part -- they had the right idea. It's clear that McClellin's primary attributes (demon speed and spatial awareness) would benefit him most at a position where he could simply pin his ears back and go." Fr. Story

woodbuck27
04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Shea McClellin DE/OLB >>> OLB:

Pro Comparison: Brooks Reed, Houston Texans/Arizona Wildcats