PDA

View Full Version : MIKE MAYOCK...NFL Draft Rating Info

Bretsky
04-05-2012, 09:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d827a70e8/article/draft-positional-rankings-pro-days-influence-player-stocks

Bretsky
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Fletcher Cox.....guy I like more and more. I wonder what type of draft packaging it would take to move up to get Cox and Mcclelin....one can dream

Joemailman
04-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Fletcher Cox.....guy I like more and more. I wonder what type of draft packaging it would take to move up to get Cox and Mcclelin....one can dream

Cox is out of the question. Pat Kirwan has NE taking McClelin at #48. As you and others have talked about, getting 2 picks between 35-45 would be ideal. If TT could come out of rounds 1-2 with Kendall Reyes or Jerel Worthy at DE, and McClelin or Vinny Curry at OLB, I'd be happy. As would Dom Capers, I suspect.

Bretsky
04-06-2012, 06:34 PM
I have not figured out if Curry is a DE in a 4-3 or an OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a fine football player but I'm wondering if he's more of a 4-3 guy

Joemailman
04-06-2012, 07:07 PM
I have not figured out if Curry is a DE in a 4-3 or an OLB in a 3-4. I think he'll be a fine football player but I'm wondering if he's more of a 4-3 guy

I've actually read one report which suggests that Curry may put on weight to play either strong side DE in a 4-3 or 5-tech in a 3-4. Right now he's only about 12 pounds lighter than a guy like Crick.

Fritz
04-07-2012, 08:40 AM
What about Devon Still to hold down the right defensive end spot? I hear he's the perfect size but may not have a real love for the game.

packrulz
04-07-2012, 08:46 AM
03/21/2012 - 03/20/12 NFL DRAFT SCOUT RISER: Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall: In today's NFL, teams cannot have enough pass rushers on the roster, pushing defensive ends up boards on draft weekend. Curry might benefit from this notion, but his performance at his pro day is the biggest reason for his draft stock boost. After very average numbers at the Combine last month, including a 4.92 time in the 40-yard dash, Curry improved on almost all of his numbers at Marshall's pro day. He ran a 4.64 and 4.69 in the 40-yard dash, telling those in attendance that he knew he was faster than the 4.9 time he ran in Indianapolis. Curry also produced very good results in the vertical jump (35") and bench press (28) after not lifting in Indianapolis because of a wrist injury. With a strong resume, including 22.0 tackles-for-loss and 11.0 sacks last year, and his strong workouts, it wouldn't be a shock to see Curry sneak into the initial 32 picks of the draft. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Fritz
04-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I'd love to know what Ted thinks...what his board is shaping up to look like...

woodbuck27
04-07-2012, 12:19 PM

'B' ... from my analysis it likely would mean that Ted Thompson would have to move all the way to Pick 14 or 15 and that is costly. Our 3rd and 4th round picks as I recall my analysis.

Nice gamble and..... if TT landed such a player as Miississippi States DT Fletcher Cox and a solid OLB (your pick) and whatever he had left he went DB.

I would be estatic. Right now we need QUALITY picks NOT quantity.

woodbuck27
04-15-2012, 11:55 AM
If TT trades up in Round one it will be just to jump over a couple of teams to ensure a prospect he really likes. IMO...TT will not take 'his show' away by trading up too far in either rounds one or two.

TT loves his Fourth Round picks. I hope he address's:

a) 'Pass Rush' in terms of freeing up Clay Matthews. A pure OLB or even a hybride DE/OLB with 'Big Strength and superior talent'. That fellow should be there in Round 1 or a possible trade down into the upper part of Round 2. I'm not seeing a team that might be a willing trade partner in my analysis.

Question: What do you see as a possibility for TT to trade down from pick #28? If he can mauever a trade down from there and up from his #59 pick I believe we will like the results.

b) DB in terms of the Nick Colllins issue. There will be some quality CB choices @ Pick #59. This draft seems thin at the safety spot.

c) Before the end of Round 4 has a DT that can be rotated into our DL on some basis to spell BJ Raji....and can be groomed to replace an aging Pickett.