6. Tim Fugger, DE, Vanderbilt
7. Buddy Jackson, CB, Pittsburgh
7. Brandon Marshall, OLB, Nevada
7. Logan Harrell, DT, Fresno State

woodbuck27
04-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Sorry but before we get along in this thread:

We have 12 picks? One pick per round in RD's 1-3 and Rd's 5 and 6 = Five Picks

We have 4 Compensatory Picks (that cannot be traded) Two each in Rounds Four and Seven = 4 Picks

We have a normal pick in Round Four and we have two picks in the regular portion of the Seventh Round = 3 Picks

That's a total of 12 picks.

I'llo in addition give you the Pick numbers in an easy format you might use for your BEST MOCK Draft...

Have a blast ! (-: Fill your boots.

Rd. 1 Pk #28 (here is the key to the start of your Mock being as we'll see it IMO TT may well trasde down from Pick #28. If he can then manage to pick up from Pick NO.59 then he'll have a successful draft all else not even considered. This is a top 50 RICH draft.

Rd. 2 Pk #59

Rd. 3 Pk #90

Rd. 4 Pk #123

Rd. 4 CP #132

Rd. 4 CP #133

Rd. 5 Pk #163

Rd. 6 Pk #204

Rd. 7 Pk #234

Rd. 7 pk #235

Rd. 7 CP #241

Rd.7 CP #243

GO PACKERS !

Bretsky
04-07-2012, 12:56 PM
1. Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
2. David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
3. Bobby Wagner, OLB, Utah State
4. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan
4. Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
4. Aaron Henry, FS, Wisconsin
5. Audie Cole, ILB, North Carolina

I'd be sick to my stomach if we did this....OT in round one and a RB and round two

woodbuck27
04-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I'd be sick to my stomach if we did this....OT in round one and a RB and round two

When you read that you had.....

An Ohh WOW!!! Moment. (-:

It's like a Cafe mocha or light on the ' take em' down ' we need on top.

Everone after me....

We......... need ............to ............draft............ heavy on defense. Our defense is ranked worst in the NFL.

Farley Face
04-07-2012, 03:53 PM
1. McClelllin (OLB)
2. Martin (S)
3. Wolfe (DE)
4. Blake (C)
4. Thompson (S)
4. Lindsey (OLB)
5. Datko (OT)- if his shoulder checks out
6. Sensabough (CB)
7. Dunsmore (FB)
7. Harnish (QB)
7. Jean-Baptiste (NT)

Looks like I forgot our fourth 7th round pick

7. Carter (RB) Colorado State

Fritz
04-07-2012, 04:12 PM

My thinking exactly when I saw Packrulz's mock....and then I realized it's the kind of shit Ted does.

packrulz
04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
My thinking exactly when I saw Packrulz's mock....and then I realized it's the kind of shit Ted does.
If Clifton can't hold up, Newhouse isn't really that great at LT, Bulaga isn't really a LT, Sherrod has a broken leg and needs more time, so they need a LT to protect ARod. It's not that far fetched.

packrulz
04-07-2012, 05:49 PM
1. Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
2. David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
3. Bobby Wagner, OLB, Utah State
4. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan
4. Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
4. Aaron Henry, FS, Wisconsin
5. Audie Cole, ILB, North Carolina
7. Mason Cloy, C, Clemson

Lurker64
04-07-2012, 08:25 PM
I think Potter would be a worse OT than Sherrod with a broken leg. He's got quick feet, but absolutely no power in either the upper or lower body. He's not a top 10 OT on anybody's board, if TT really wants him he can probably be had with the last compensatory pick in the fourth.

I'll do one of these once I know what's up with Nick Collins so I know how many safeties to pick.

jklowan
04-07-2012, 09:37 PM
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the Packers have "genuine interest" in Washington RB Chris Polk.
The Polk camp believes its client has a chance to be drafted in the first round, but Trent Richardson is the only back guaranteed of going on day one. Polk could be a reasonable option for the Packers at No. 59. Polk is Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris' third-ranked back behind Richardson and Doug Martin.

Pugger
04-07-2012, 11:47 PM
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the Packers have "genuine interest" in Washington RB Chris Polk.
The Polk camp believes its client has a chance to be drafted in the first round, but Trent Richardson is the only back guaranteed of going on day one. Polk could be a reasonable option for the Packers at No. 59. Polk is Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris' third-ranked back behind Richardson and Doug Martin.

Then we won't draft him. I can't remember any time anybody had a clue as to what TT was thinking when it came to the draft.

Joemailman
04-08-2012, 06:48 AM
1. Kendall Reyes DE UConn
2. Ben Jones C georgia
3. Chandler Jones DE/OLB Syracuse
4A. Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati
4B. Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College
4C. Eddie Whitley FS Virginia Tech
5. Tauren Poole RB Tennessee
6. Jacory Harris QB Miami
7A. Jerry Franklin SILB Arkansas
7B. Jacquies Smith OLB Missouri
7C. Darius Fleming OLB Notre Dame
7D. Jarrett Boykin WR Virginia Tech

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 07:27 AM

Stop it Fritz!

We're trying to channel some good stuff off Packerrats to Ted Thompson. We need to keep the 'good stuff' REAL here to stay positive in terms of Ted being capable of drafting with some sense and sensability. (-:

I'm 'only kidding' all you TT LOVERS.

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 07:39 AM
2. Ben Jones C georgia

Take a look at this. Just a suggestion:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012bigboard.php

You might rethink your MOCK.

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Then we won't draft him. I can't remember any time anybody had a clue as to what TT was thinking when it came to the draft.

No kidding but....

We keep trying to match our minds with his and 'the heat' is amazing ! (-:

GO Ted Thompson.

Subscribe to Packerrats ..................... please.

Bretsky
04-08-2012, 08:02 AM
2. Ben Jones C georgia

This one I could handle

pbmax
04-08-2012, 08:54 AM

One of the picks said he got a pretty good idea from the Combine interview that the Packers were interested, even though they ignored him after that. Cannot remember which one though. Jennings maybe? Thought it was a first round guy.

pbmax
04-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Jean Baptiste is a real sleeper in Round 7. You talk about multi-cultural, he IS multi-cultural. 5 tool cultural. Reportedly, his Dad was not as impressive as him Mom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Baptiste_Charbonneau

Or I could have him confused with someone else: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 09:14 AM

It depends upon which draft site's BIG 'TOP 100' Board as a fan you subscribe to as superior.

In my view RB Chris Polk might be a genuine interest of TT's for his third round selection at NO. 90. TT might also covet a CB, SS or an OT at NO.90?

At that pick Ted Thompson should also have several options to draft at OLB. The following prospects are ranked # 81 thru # 96 by a popular draft site.

NOTE: I've no real way to asses the accuracy of this ranking but I believe it's basically valid.

#81 ... Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut

#82 ... Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
#83 ... Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina

#84 ... Philip Blake, C, Baylor

#85 ... Tony Bergstrom, G, Utah

#86 ... Antonio Allen, SS, South Carolina

#87 ... Billy Winn, DT/5T, Boise State

#88 ... Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State

#89 ... Tank Carder, ILB, TCU

#90 ... Bobby Wagner, OLB/ILB, Utah State

#91 ... Jonathan Massaquoi, OLB/DE, Troy

#92 ... Chris Polk, RB, Washington

#93 ... Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas
#94 ... Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State

#95 ... James Brown, OT, Troy

#96 ... Emmanuel Acho, OLB/ILB, Texas

Personally my desire is for TT to draft on the defensive side of the ball in the first four rounds. TT may well draft RB Chris Polk at NO. 90 and then come back with his fourth round Pick at #123 and go OLB. He will see WR's available in this spot:

#120 ... Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M
#121 ... Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M
#122 ... Brandon Brooks, G, Miami of Ohio

# 123 ... Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas

#124 ... Danny Trevathan, OLB, Kentucky
#125 ... Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma
#126 ... Sean Spence, OLB, Miami

#127 ... Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
#128 ... Jordan White, WR, Western Michigan
#129.. Tim Benford, WR, Tennessee Tech

#130 ... Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
#131 ... Julian Miller, DE, West Virginia
#132 ... Trumaine Johnson, CB/S, Montana

#134 ... DeVier Posey, WR, Ohio State
#135 ... Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
#136 ... Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State

IMO....OUR Green Bay Packers need an infusion of talented prospects on defense. I hope that Ted Thompson agrees with my assessment and will elect to go with 'D' at least on 3 / 4 in rounds 1-4.

Ted Thompson will have an outstanding draft.

GO Ted Thompson. GO PACKERS !

pittstang5
04-08-2012, 09:48 AM
If Clifton can't hold up, Newhouse isn't really that great at LT, Bulaga isn't really a LT, Sherrod has a broken leg and needs more time, so they need a LT to protect ARod. It's not that far fetched.

Maybe the position is not far fetched, but the individual...Potter...in the first round? That, I don't understand, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Jean Baptiste is a real sleeper in Round 7. You talk about multi-cultural, he IS multi-cultural. 5 tool cultural. Reportedly, his Dad was not as impressive as him Mom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Baptiste_Charbonneau

Or I could have him confused with someone else: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste

Good morning pbmax. Interesting that you brought this prospect into the conversation. I saw his name yesterday and before that again; and have been wondering if he's an Acadian of French Canadian background. I bet he's a BIG sucker. I look forward now to investigating Mr. Jean Baptiste Charnonneau.

Holy Cow ! i just looked at your first LINK.

That man Baptiste... has to be of Acadian; at least of French Canadian heritage.

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Maybe the position is not far fetched, but the individual...Potter...in the first round? That, I don't understand, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Potter...Harry Potter ! Nice !!

Ted Thompson goes where no other GM goes ! GREAT PICK TT !

If you can't wag the Magic Wand you now have the fella that can.

Respecfully, packrulz...As I see it now...Nate Potter OT...will not be any GM's pick in round 1. He might be a very late 3rd or early 4th round selection.

Also there are at least 6-8 OT's ranked ahead of him in this draft; based on my analysis of the prospects.

Can you post a LINK to the board that you base this selection on?

Maybe? ... Give us some other information that has you so high on OT Nate Potter? Thanks.

Bretsky
04-08-2012, 10:07 AM
If you draft an OT in round one again you don't think Sherrod will cut it.
We can make it through another season with the guys we have if need be.

Defense is screaming for help

Lurker64
04-08-2012, 10:26 AM
If you draft an OT in round one again you don't think Sherrod will cut it.
We can make it through another season with the guys we have if need be.

Defense is screaming for help

I would be okay with drafting an OL in line 1 if the value is there. So it won't be an OG (since Lang and Sitton are very solid) and it won't be an RT (since Bulaga is great). It would need to be a guy who would be able to jump in and contribute at either C or LT. We signed Saturday, so there's significantly less value in drafting Konz, so that's unlikely... and if we draft an OT it would have to not be a tremendous reach. If a guy like Jonathan Martin is there at 28, I could see that being the pick. But Nate Potter won't get drafted (by Ted or anyone) until round 4 at the earliest. He's just not good.

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 10:55 AM
I would be okay with drafting an OL in line 1 if the value is there. So it won't be an OG (since Lang and Sitton are very solid) and it won't be an RT (since Bulaga is great). It would need to be a guy who would be able to jump in and contribute at either C or LT. We signed Saturday, so there's significantly less value in drafting Konz, so that's unlikely... and if we draft an OT it would have to not be a tremendous reach. If a guy like Jonathan Martin is there at 28, I could see that being the pick. But Nate Potter won't get drafted (by Ted or anyone) until round 4 at the earliest. He's just not good.

Yes maybe? OT Jonathan Martin or possibly? ... OT/G Cordy Glenn, Georgia.

Both of these offensive lineman are ranked as 1st Rd. talent.

The bottom line. We must hope that TT goes defense in Rd. 1. drafts a solid NFL ready to go pass rusher.

Then there's this:

How long has it been since we experienced 'the TRUTH' in that need in a draft?

GO Ted Thompson.

Lurker64
04-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes maybe? OT Jonathan Martin or possibly? ... OT/G Cordy Glenn, Georgia.

You see that "/G" there? That should be an indicator that Glenn can't play let tackle. If you watch him, that should be a strong indicator that he can't play left tackle. The only OT I could see the Packers taking in the first (barring a bizarre fall by Matt Kalil) is Martin.

woodbuck27
04-08-2012, 11:23 AM
You see that "/G" there? That should be an indicator that Glenn can't play let tackle. If you watch him, that should be a strong indicator that he can't play left tackle. The only OT I could see the Packers taking in the first (barring a bizarre fall by Matt Kalil) is Martin.

I agree. It's posters like you that have helped me understand the draft process so much better over six years posting with people here.

wist43
04-08-2012, 05:59 PM
1. Kendall Reyes DE, UConn
2. Shea McClellin, OLB Boise State
3. Alameda Ta'amu, DT Washington
4A. Bruce Irvin, OLB West Viginia
4B. Markelle Martin, FS Oklahoma State
4C. Malik Jackson, DE Tennessee
5.Josh Norman, CB Coastal Carolina
6. Akiem Hicks, Regina Alberta
7A. Chris Greenwood, CB Albion
7B. Najee Goode, ILB West Virgina
7C. Micah Pellerin, CB Hampton
7D. Quinton Saulsberry, C Mississippi State

Figured we could use a Center there at the end ;)

packrulz
04-08-2012, 07:17 PM
It amazes me how people look at boards and form opinions on guys they've never seen play, at least I look at the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CXr9UQALkQ
Potter played basketball, he had to gain about 60 lbs to play LT, and it's not body fat. Whoever said he's not strong enough, I don't see that on the video. A good LT uses his hands and feet to gain leverage, so strength isn't always critical. If he doesn't get picked in the first round, I still think he'll be good. I stand by my pick.

12/10/2011 - 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL FIRST TEAM (COACHES): OL Nate Potter, Sr., Boise State, has been selected All-Mountain West Conference First Team for the 2011 college football season as voted on by the eight head coaches and select media panel. Redshirt senior left tackle Nate Potter was one of only two unanimous first-team all-conference selections. Potter is the leader of an offensive line that ranks tied for first-nationally in sacks allowed (0.67 per game). - Boise State football
The ascension of Boise State's football program has not only resulted in the Broncos' getting on the radar for college football media and fans nationally, but also for NFL scouts. In 2008, left tackle Ryan Clady became the first Boise State player ever selected in the first round of the NFL draft, and Potter hopes his growing frame and athleticism allow him to follow in those footsteps.

Potter actually grayshirted in the spring of 2006, postponing his enrollment out of high school, before redshirting the 2007 season to get stronger. He got his wet feet right away in 2008, starting eight games at left tackle and even blocking a field goal in special teams work. Though stepping as a starter after the first month of his sophomore season, he still earned first-team All-WAC honors. He repeated that accolade in 2010, along with garnering third-team AP All-American recognition, starting every game at left tackle after coaches originally thought he would move to left guard in previous spring due to the team's depth outside.

Potter's height, svelte build and athletic upside may remind some scouts of New England's 2011 first-round pick, Nate Solder. Potter's occasional lapse in technique, allowing ends to bull rush him or get the edge, may also remind teams of things Solder needed to work on when transitioning to the NFL. Improvement in those areas, combined with increased strength and the excellent workouts Potter is expected to have next spring, could also help him crash Thursday night draft festivities.
Positives: Tall, reliable blocker with long arms, good agility and a solid initial punch. Knocks rushers off their route. Has experience at guard. Shows the speed to recover and slide back into his set but gets too narrow-based. Has jackhammer hands and delivers constant hits until the play is over. Has light, quick feet sliding but only adequate overall burst. Strong enough to control and plant linebackers and safeties attacking gaps.

Negatives: Average upper-body strength. Lacks the sand in his pants to withstand bull rushers in the NFL. Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers. Doesn't always get his arms up and extended and can be hip-tossed off balance.

Lurker64
04-08-2012, 07:49 PM
If you take an OT in the first round, you have to be confident that the guy can come in and play in his rookie year. I've watched a whole lot of Boise State games in the last four years, there is no way Nate Potter is able to start effectively at left tackle in the NFL. Dontay Moch ate that guy's lunch in that 2010 game that Boise lost to Nevada, and he's going to see a lot better pass rushers than Moch in the NFL (especially in the NFCN where Allen, Peppers, and Avril are a dangerous trio of rushers). Nate Potter would not beat out Marshall Newhouse in TC, and he will not go in the first (or second, and probably not third) round in April.

People have this impression that Ted is a BPA drafter, he's not. Ted is a value oriented drafter. There simply is no case that Potter is the player on TT's board with the most value at #28 in April.

Could TT draft Potter? Absolutely, but the value has to be there at the slot, which won't come until the third round at the earliest. TT probably has a higher grade on Stephenson or Mosley than Potter, anyway.

But this is academic, since every indication is that Sherrod will be ready to go for training camp. So TT isn't going to reach for an LT, and he's not exactly a guy prone to reaches.

Bretsky
04-08-2012, 08:00 PM
If you take an OT in the first round, you have to be confident that the guy can come in and play in his rookie year. I've watched a whole lot of Boise State games in the last four years, there is no way Nate Potter is able to start effectively at left tackle in the NFL. Dontay Moch ate that guy's lunch in that 2010 game that Boise lost to Nevada, and he's going to see a lot better pass rushers than Moch in the NFL (especially in the NFCN where Allen, Peppers, and Avril are a dangerous trio of rushers). Nate Potter would not beat out Marshall Newhouse in TC, and he will not go in the first (or second, and probably not third) round in April.

People have this impression that Ted is a BPA drafter, he's not. Ted is a value oriented drafter. There simply is no case that Potter is the player on TT's board with the most value at #28 in April.

Could TT draft Potter? Absolutely, but the value has to be there at the slot, which won't come until the third round at the earliest. TT probably has a higher grade on Stephenson or Mosley than Potter, anyway.

But this is academic, since every indication is that Sherrod will be ready to go for training camp. So TT isn't going to reach for an LT, and he's not exactly a guy prone to reaches.

Agree with the comments but I'm calling one bluff. I think TT knew Sherrod was a project....but I think he saw the long term potential at LT and took the plunge. I don't think he was confident Sherrod would contribute his rookie season

Lurker64
04-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Agree with the comments but I'm calling one bluff. I think TT knew Sherrod was a project....but I think he saw the long term potential at LT and took the plunge. I don't think he was confident Sherrod would contribute his rookie season

There's a difference between "would" and "could". TT didn't expect Sherrod to have to play much his rookie year, but if you watched him towards the end of his season, he was definitely playing better than Newhouse would have and looked like a better LT than Bulaga would be. If Sherrod's leg is healed (and there's every indication he's on track), and he can pick up where he left off, I'm totally comfortable with him at LT.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 03:51 AM
[QUOTE=packrulz;661859]It amazes me how people look at boards and form opinions on guys they've never seen play, at least I look at the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CXr9UQALkQ
Potter played basketball, he had to gain about 60 lbs to play LT, and it's not body fat. Whoever said he's not strong enough, I don't see that on the video. A good LT uses his hands and feet to gain leverage, so strength isn't always critical. If he doesn't get picked in the first round, I still think he'll be good. I stand by my pick.QUOTE]

There's your guy ... ** OT Nate Potter, Boise State ** ranked at the Number 34th Draft Prospect, on 'this site'. Other sites have him going late third and fourth round.

I studied Nate Potter on video. He looks light in his legs. He spends alot of time on the ground. This is college ball.

Are you confident that this OT will transition to the NFL?

I do NOT mean to disrespect your personal high ranking of Nate Potter. Maybe you might take a look at some of the other options that Ted Thompson will have available to him at pick #28. Is there noone else that you might consider as your Option A and B pick at #28?

Looking over this TOP 100 I couldn't help noticing the absence of two LB Prospects whick makes me question if this TOP 100 is considered reliabe as a source. Those two missing prospect are: Courtney Upshaw and Shea McClellin:
LB Courtney Upshaw , Alabama

In his senior season, Courtney Upshaw started all 13 games for the Crimson Tide.

He accounted for 51 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles. For his on-field performance,

Upshaw was named first team All-America by the Football Writers Association of America and The Sporting News.He was also recognized as second team All-America by the Walter Camp Football Foundation and the Associated Press.

In the 2012 BCS National Championship Game, Courtney Upshaw was named the defensive MVP with his seven tackle performance, which included one sack and one tackle for a loss.

Shea McClellan, OLB Boise State:

"
Strengths:Prototypical 3-4 outside linebacker. High energy, high effort player. Experience lining up at end and linebacker. Reliable wrap-up tackler. Impressive agility for a guy his size. Has the speed to make plays in pursuit. Strong pass rusher off the edge; has the speed to blow past slower offensive tackles, especially when lining up with his hand off the ground.

Does a nice job fighting through traffic when blitzing inside. Strong enough to shed blocks fairly consistently.
Weaknesses:Inconsistent explosion of the snap; seems to guess at the snap count a lot, occasionally explodes out of his stance but other times will be the step behind the rest of the linemen. Overaggressive in pursuit; gives a great effort, but often inefficient with the angles he takes which results in missed opportunities. Needs to do a better job keeping his eyes on the quarterback when blitzes; often misses opportunities due to his inability to adjust. Missed time with a leg injury as a freshman.Comments:McClellin may not be a great fit for every defense, but he’s a perfect fit at outside linebacker a 3-4 system. At this stage of his career, he’s overaggressive and inconsistent but he possesses all the physical tools necessary to develop into a quality starter. " ***

*** Projected today to be drafted in Round 1-2.

Shea McClellin is ranked #3 out of 190 LBers by ****.

**** http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70853&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2012/top-nfl-prospects-for-2012.cfm

"#21 Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3069) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowup.gif - 6'4 - 295
#22 Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2890) - 6'3 - 310
#23 Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3078) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowup.gif - 6'4 - 265
#24 Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2913) - 6'1 - 193
#25 Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2747) - 5'10 - 183

#26 Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2761) - 6'4 - 260
#27 Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2988) - 5'10 - 190
#28 Mark Barron, S, Alabama (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2737) - 6'2 - 218
#29 Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2906) - 6'5 - 315
#30 Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2858) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowdown.gif - 5'10 - 205

#31 Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3024) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowup.gif - 6'4 - 222
It helps Tannehill that the top two quarterbacks will be off the board right away, because he is the next best available at his position.
#32 Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2866) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowdown.gif - 6'2 - 310
#33 Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3142) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowup.gif - 6'5 - 206
Hill was blazing fast at the combine. So fast that he may be climbing all the way into the first round.
** #34 Nate Potter, OT, Boise State (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2713) - 6'6 - 295 **
#35 Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2868) - 6'0 - 185

#36 Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2921) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowdown.gif - 6'3 - 250
#37 Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2959) - 6'4 - 255
#38 Nick Perry, DE, Southern California (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3074) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowup.gif - 6'3 - 250
#39 Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3011) - 6'2 - 215
#40 Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2920) - 6'4 - 263

#41 Rueben Randle, WR, LSU (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3022) - 6'4 - 208
#42 Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2810) - 6'2 - 230
#43 Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2870) - 5'11 - 180
#44 Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami (FL) (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3115) - 6'5 - 215
Streeter's blend of size and speed is absolutely incredible. His potential is off the charts.
#45 David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2950) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowup.gif - 5'10 - 205
Wilson, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, and LaMichael James are battling to be the second running back taken after Richardson.

#46 Juron Criner, WR, Arizona (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2893) - 6'4 - 215
#47 Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2753) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowdown.gif - 5'10 - 188
#48 Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2798) - 6'6 - 347
#49 Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2904) http://usint03.fftoolbox.com/img/arrowdown.gif - 6'3 - 220
#50 Ronnell Lewis, LB, Oklahoma (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=3047) - 6'2 - 244 " ... Partial Ranking in Article

packrulz
04-09-2012, 07:11 AM
It's too easy to criticize my picks, let's see you guys post your picks, so far it's only me, joemailman, farleyface, & wist.

Lurker64
04-09-2012, 11:10 AM
It's too easy to criticize my picks, let's see you guys post your picks, so far it's only me, joemailman, farleyface, & wist.

Waiting to hear on Collins, my mock changes in a big way if he's not available.

pbmax
04-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Project? PROJECT!? We're talking about a project?

Derek Sherrod is not a project. Jamon Meredith was a project. Even if you believe Sherrod did not play worthy of a first round pick (and I would still disagree), he did not play like a project.

Breno Giacomini was a project.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 01:27 PM

Hey man...PLEASE, dion't take it as criticism or too serious. You have your way of looking at this draft and noone will take that away from you.

Maybe some of us just want to gain some insight into your choices.

Personally I have my MOCK and because I read all I can that MOCK changes every week. I wish i could post my MOCK on here today but it's a work in progress.

I'm just a football fan and at a certain disadvantage to ever imagine my MOCK is especially good.

Whatever MOCK I come up with as an end result will not be somiliar to Ted Thompson's and that's moot as it's very possible that noone will see TT's MOCK. I look at it all with as much insight as I can gain ...reading ...reading and more reading. I ask questions of fellow posters here at Packerrats and try to gain further insight.

Just maybe? .... Have fun with it... and always question your MOCK.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 02:09 PM
http://www.ehow.com/about_6397835_nfl-vs_-college-football.html

NFL Vs. College Football

X
http://test7-img.ehowcdn.com/author-avatar/studio-image/ver1.0/Content/images/store/0/5/c0126a81-708e-4ee8-b5e5-d67ecd0c44da.Small.jpg J.M. Soden
J.M. Soden has been a freelance writer since 2005. He primarily writes sports articles but also enjoys writing about travel destinations, legal matters and electronics troubleshooting. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Notre Dame in American studies.

By J.M. Soden, eHow Contributor

"To a novice football fan, the differences between professional football in the NFL and college football may seem minute or go unnoticed. However, to a seasoned fan or trained football eye, the small differences in the format and rule books actually make the two significantly different games. " J.M. Soden

Comment woodbuck27:

Sometimes we need to be reminded of 'the facts'. I always have too much to learn. (-:

Joemailman
04-09-2012, 04:47 PM

Why?

packrulz
04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Why?
I think because they have Potter going in the 4th round, but Walter Football isn't the greatest source. I think he'll go higher than that. And don't get me wrong, I like Sherrod, I'm not so sure he'll be ready to start though.

Lurker64
04-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Finally came up with one that I'm happy with with or without Collins:

Player availablity roughly based on PFW's value chart: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/06/pfws-exclusive-draft-value-chart-7

TRADE: Ted sends #28 (660 points) to Jacksonville for #38 +#80 (660 points)
#38 2a) Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois
Ted trades down because a bunch of OLBs he likes are still on his board and Jacksonville wants to grab the OT on the board. Only one is left by the time Ted picks again in the second, but it's coincidentally the guy with the highest upside. If nothing else, he gets after the QB on third down improving the worst 3rd down pass defense in the league.

Ted sees a guy he has a high grade fall past a team he thought would take him on and pulls the trigger to cross a tier

TRADE: Ted sends #59, #90 (450 points) for to Dallas for #45 (450 points) to select
#45 2b) Devon Still, DE, Penn State
Still falls a little due to productivity, injury, motor, and hand use concerns. He's absolutely a player Trgo can work with though, high end tools, best frame on the DL.

#80 3) Brandon Hardin CB/FS, Oregon State
Ted "reaches" for a guy in the eyes of the media who have miscast Hardin (who played CB for the Beavers) as a cornerback instead of a safety, similar to how Nick Collins had 5th round grades as a CB in 2005. Even if Collins is cleared, he may not play more than another couple of years, Hardin eventually replaces him and teams with Burnett in the backfield.

4a) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
Ted is gobsmacked to find this guy here, PFW says he might be.

4b)Philip Blake OG/OC, Baylor
Not an ideal pick, since 26 year old developmental centers aren't ideal, but he can take over for Saturday in a year or two preventing the need for another stopgap. Perhaps not the long term solution.

4c) Akiem Hicks, DE, Regina
Green as seasick grass, but similar tools to Brockers who's goes in the high first. Can become a player, Ted takes him higher than the "experts" would have.

5) Jake Bequette, OLB, Arkansas
Good size, motor, athleticism, has experience playing in space. Technique is terrible. Value meets the slot here.

6) Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego
Rocket-armed QB whose footwork is atrocious, which hurts his accuracy. No prospect in the draft stands more to gain from McCarthy's QB school than Lindley.

7a) Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion
Developmental size/speed CB.

7b) Tydreke Powell, NT, North Carolina
Ted's 7th round DL flyer is a nose tackle this time.

7c) Bryce Harris, OT, Fresno State
Ted's late round developmental OL flyer.

7d) Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
Because, why not.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Why?

Whenever I see a response like that I think to myself....what can I do with that? Was my response to packrulz not more mannerly then 'your post to me'? Did you have a problem with my response? If so try to articulate your complaint please. Your why? isn't much better than 'a GRUNT' Joemailman.

I'll ignore your why? As that response gives me 'a zero' to work with. I'll return with more than a ZERO as this forum deserves that respect.

Trying to respond to someone like you that has no more sense that to 'GRUNT' (a why?) doesn't add to 'the Spirit' that we all deserve to enjoy here.

I suppose your the type that's defensive and often responds with 'a why?'. Bad habits are hard to break. (-:

I don't just subscribe to Walterfootball.com.

I will add these LINKS:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/09/2012-mock-draft-take-two/

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2012/2012-nfl-mock-draft.cfm?writer=37&page=3

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18355428/big-board-sec-dominates-on-field-and-in-terms-of-draft-prospects

If those LINKS are studied and a poster here adds more information. Well, alot more information. That poster might be suitably equiped to make a pretty solid MOCK Draft. It takes considerable skill and experience to master the art of the MOCK. It's OK to not have it perfect.

Making a MOCK takes considerable time and attention .It takes a thourough knowledge of team needs with all emotion aside; where to pull the trigger to best address those needs. It should also be fun.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Finally came up with one that I'm happy with with or without Collins:

Player availablity roughly based on PFW's value chart: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/06/pfws-exclusive-draft-value-chart-7

TRADE: Ted sends #28 (660 points) to Jacksonville for #38 +#80 (660 points)
#38 2a) Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois
Ted trades down because a bunch of OLBs he likes are still on his board and Jacksonville wants to grab the OT on the board. Only one is left by the time Ted picks again in the second, but it's coincidentally the guy with the highest upside. If nothing else, he gets after the QB on third down improving the worst 3rd down pass defense in the league.

Ted sees a guy he has a high grade fall past a team he thought would take him on and pulls the trigger to cross a tier

TRADE: Ted sends #59, #90 (450 points) for to Dallas for #45 (450 points) to select
#45 2b) Devon Still, DE, Penn State
Still falls a little due to productivity, injury, motor, and hand use concerns. He's absolutely a player Trgo can work with though, high end tools, best frame on the DL.

#80 3) Brandon Hardin CB/FS, Oregon State
Ted "reaches" for a guy in the eyes of the media who have miscast Hardin (who played CB for the Beavers) as a cornerback instead of a safety, similar to how Nick Collins had 5th round grades as a CB in 2005. Even if Collins is cleared, he may not play more than another couple of years, Hardin eventually replaces him and teams with Burnett in the backfield.

4a) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
Ted is gobsmacked to find this guy here, PFW says he might be.

4b)Philip Blake OG/OC, Baylor
Not an ideal pick, since 26 year old developmental centers aren't ideal, but he can take over for Saturday in a year or two preventing the need for another stopgap. Perhaps not the long term solution.

4c) Akiem Hicks, DE, Regina
Green as seasick grass, but similar tools to Brockers who's goes in the high first. Can become a player, Ted takes him higher than the "experts" would have.

5) Jake Bequette, OLB, Arkansas
Good size, motor, athleticism, has experience playing in space. Technique is terrible. Value meets the slot here.

6) Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego
Rocket-armed QB whose footwork is atrocious, which hurts his accuracy. No prospect in the draft stands more to gain from McCarthy's QB school than Lindley.

7a) Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion
Developmental size/speed CB.

7b) Tydreke Powell, NT, North Carolina
Ted's 7th round DL flyer is a nose tackle this time.

7c) Bryce Harris, OT, Fresno State
Ted's late round developmental OL flyer.

7d) Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
Because, why not.

There...is some real thought and a solidly backed up MOCK DRAFT in terms of explanation (at least). A fella can't ask for more than that.

Congratulations Lurker64. A lot of time was spent working up that model. Now I'll check it out to see how fast you might have written down ** 'a dream'.

Those moves trading down from #28 to #38 and trading up fr. #59 to #45 make alot happen in a deep top of the draft. I'm amaqzed that ** Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois was there for you #38 pick. Of course I love him and at #45 Devon Still, DE, Penn State...pretty sweet.

I need some time to look at the rest of your masterpiece. (-:

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 06:04 PM
I think because they have Potter going in the 4th round, but Walter Football isn't the greatest source. I think he'll go higher than that. And don't get me wrong, I like Sherrod, I'm not so sure he'll be ready to start though.

No. It's my fairest assesment that there are better choices available if TT had to select at LT in the First Round.

I would bet alot on this.If TT was to elect BPA at #28 he would not in this lifetime select 'your choice of LT'. Sorry but that is how it shakes out.

Have a wonderfful time upgrading your MOCK or NOT. I'm not here to make you feel badly.

GO PACK GO !

Joemailman
04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Whenever I see a response like that I think to myself....what can I do with that? Was my response to packrulz not more mannerly then 'your post to me'? Did you have a problem with my response? If so try to articulate your complaint please. Your why? isn't much better than 'a GRUNT' Joemailman.

I'll ignore your why? As that response gives me 'a zero' to work with. I'll return with more than a ZERO as this forum deserves that respect.

Trying to respond to someone like you that has no more sense that to 'GRUNT' (a why?) doesn't add to 'the Spirit' that we all deserve to enjoy here.

I suppose your the type that's defensive and often responds with 'a why?'. Bad habits are hard to break. (-:

I will add these LINKS:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/09/2012-mock-draft-take-two/

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2012/2012-nfl-mock-draft.cfm?writer=37&page=3

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18355428/big-board-sec-dominates-on-field-and-in-terms-of-draft-prospects

If those LINKS are studied and a poster here adds more information. Well, alot more information. That poster might be suitably equiped to make a pretty solid MOCK Draft. It takes considerable skill and experience to master the art of the MOCK. It's OK to not have it perfect.

Making a MOCK takes considerable time and attention .It takes a thourough knowledge of team needs with all emotion aside; where to pull the trigger to best address those needs. It should also be fun.

There seems to be some confusion here. In post #13 of this thread of this thread I posted a mock. In post #15 of the thread, you quoted my post and said I might rethink my mock. It was totally unclear to me as to why you thought I should do that, so I asked "Why?" Did you perhaps accidentally respond to my post when you meant to respond to packrulz' post?

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 08:42 PM

No Joemailman... I was a bit surprized that you went #28 with Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut who is a Round 2-3 Prospect at #81 with a draft site that I'm not altogether high on but I don't altogeter toss out. That there is that many players between who I might choose at #28 using WalterFootball.com as their model for a DRAFT BOARD surprized me.

Actually Joemailman I didn't go on to analyze the rest of your draft. I do that as a learning tool. Certainly not to upset any member that takes the necessary time and has the courage to do a MOCK and post that result.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
There seems to be some confusion here. In post #13 of this thread of this thread I posted a mock. In post #15 of the thread, you quoted my post and said I might rethink my mock. It was totally unclear to me as to why you thought I should do that, so I asked "Why?" Did you perhaps accidentally respond to my post when you meant to respond to packrulz' post?

No Joe. Please see my post just ahead of this one.

In fact I did think your Why? response was to a post I made to packrulz.

Sorry man for the confusion. My BAD ! I've reposted you to explain why I thought you might re-think the top of your MOCK. Please don't take it that I'm slaming your MOCK as that isn't the case. I know the effort it takes to do a valid MOCK. A really wonderful masterpiece of a model draft.

PEACE Out.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 10:18 PM
There...is some real thought and a solidly backed up MOCK DRAFT in terms of explanation (at least). A fella can't ask for more than that.

Congratulations Lurker64. A lot of time was spent working up that model. Now I'll check it out to see how fast you might have written down ** 'a dream'.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2012/top-nfl-prospects-for-2012.cfm

Those moves trading down from #28 to #38 and trading up fr. #59 to #45 make alot happen in a deep top of the draft. I'm amaqzed that ** Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois was there for you #38 pick. Of course I love him and at #45 Devon Still, DE, Penn State...pretty sweet.

I need some time to look at the rest of your masterpiece. (-:

GO PACKERS !

So I came back to EXAMINE THIS A TAD CLOSER.I then began to think your into some really bad hemp. That last pick...
Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State ... finally got me zero'd.

OK I get it...You celebrate APRIL FOOLS DAY for at least two weeks. You damn near got me there Lurker64. I was thinking you could dream in Technicolor. Pretty wild MOCK man.

hahahahahahahahaha

Lurker64
04-09-2012, 10:21 PM
So I came back to EXAMINE THIS A TAD CLOSER.I then began to think your into some really bad hemp. That last pick...Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State finally got me zero'd.

OK I get it...You celebrate APRIL FOOLS DAY for at least two weeks. You damn near got me there Lurker64. I was thinking you could dream in Technicolor. Pretty wild MOCK man.

hahahahahahahahaha

Vontaze Burfict is borderline undraftable. I think someone will take a flyer on him with a late 7th. Why not us?

Also, do you know how hard it is to come up with 4 plausible 7th round picks?

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Vontaze Burfict is borderline undraftable. I think someone will take a flyer on him with a late 7th. Why not us?

Also, do you know how hard it is to come up with 4 plausible 7th round picks?

I've another source ranking ILB Vontaze Burfect, ARIZONA State at #144. ***

*** http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-07-28/the-meanest-man-in-college-football-vontaze-burfict

I say Go for it.We can be the Green Bay Packer 'Steelers'. Jack Lambert/Mean Joe Green/Rod Woodson ... Mean - Mean - Really Mean.

NO more kiddy kiddy down tackling.

Ok then your posting seriously.I'm impressed 'of course' that you recognized Akiem Hicks, Regina. Big Boy ! **

** http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Rams+Akiem+Hicks+turning+some+heads+East+West+Shri ne+Game/6024007/story.html

Do you realy believe that the fellas you have to us in Round Two will both land there?

I was just impressed with the math it took to get two picks beween #38 and #45 in that round. DT Devon Still and DE Witney Mercilus will very likely go before our #28 pick as I analyze it.

Lurker64
04-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Do you realy believe that the fellas you have to us in Round Two will both land there? I was just impressed with the math it took to get two picks beween #38 and #45 in that round.

Ideally, you want to pick twice between 35-45 in this draft. That's about where the third tier (i.e. "round 1-2 tier") talent runs out. Mercilus I think falls because he's risky, Still I think can fall because of the reasons I listed. He's sort of a prospect you have to look long and hard at, and the luster of the player was taken off by some impressive performances by others.

I do think you can land an OLB and a DE in that 35-45 range with a similar two-step kind of trade. Whether it's Mercilus and Still or Branch and Reyes or McClellin and Thompson, I'm not sure, but I think that one of those might be there. I think the top of the 2nd will have a run on first round quality WRs and RBs (Reuben Randle, Mohammed Sanu, Alshon Jeffrey, David Wilson, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, etc.) which will push some of those defensive guys down.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Ideally, you want to pick twice between 35-45 in this draft. That's about where the third tier (i.e. "round 1-2 tier") talent runs out. Mercilus I think falls because he's risky, Still I think can fall because of the reasons I listed. He's sort of a prospect you have to look long and hard at, and the luster of the player was taken off by some impressive performances by others.

I do think you can land an OLB and a DE in that 35-45 range with a similar two-step kind of trade. Whether it's Mercilus and Still or Branch and Reyes or McClellin and Thompson, I'm not sure, but I think that one of those might be there. I think the top of the 2nd will have a run on first round quality WRs and RBs (Reuben Randle, Mohammed Sanu, Alshon Jeffrey, David Wilson, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, etc.) which will push some of those defensive guys down.

OK now we're in SYNC. Your strategy to trade out of one into top two and trade up fr. #59 is ideal IMO. Yes there will be two very solid defnsive prospects in the #38-#45 grouping.

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 11:20 PM

Just looking at OUR MOCK:

(37) Browns = Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson = packrulz
(38) Jaguars = Alfonzo Denard - CB - Nebraska = Joemailman

7 (39) Rams (Redskins) = David Wilson - RB - Virginia Tech = Lurker64

8 (40) Panthers = Brandon Thompson DT Clemson = packrulz
9 (41) Bills= Lavonte David - OLB - Nebraska = Joemailman

10 (42) Dolphins = Alshon Jeffrey - WR - South Carolina = Lurker64

11 (43) Seahawks= Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama= packrulz

12 (44) Chiefs= Kevin Zeitler - G - Wisconsin = Joemailman
13 (45) Cowboys = Amini Silatolu - G - Midwestern State = Lurker64

14 (46) Eagles= Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California = packrulz

15 (47) Jets = Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame = Lurker64
16 (48) Patriots (from Oakland Raiders) Shea McClellin - OLB - Boise St. = Joemailman

woodbuck27
04-10-2012, 07:44 AM

(37) Browns = Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson = packrulz

16 (48) Patriots (from Oakland Raiders) Shea McClellin - OLB - Boise St. = Joemailman

As far as I'm concerned it's that grouping of players.The Pick 33 to pick 50 group that Ted Thompson should be focusing on (his board) and anyway he can. Aquire two from that group in this draft.

It may be be such a move that will key his draft his draft success or not. We need to see something solid and consistent in this draft.

Focus on talent, athleticism, attitude and character.

GO Ted Thompson ! GO PACKERS !!

woodbuck27
04-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I never do this but will now....Bump !

woodbuck27
04-16-2012, 01:59 PM

(37) Browns = ** Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson ** = packrulz

** http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/4/4/2924788/bbv-community-mock-draft-packers-select-andre-branch-de-clemson

BBV Community Mock Draft: Packers Select ... Andre Branch, DE, Clemson

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/profile_images/286574/ed_valentine_2_tiny.jpg by Ed Valentine (http://www.sbnation.com/users/Ed%20Valentine) on Apr 4, 2012 12:01 PM EDT (http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/4/4/2924788/bbv-community-mock-draft-packers-select-andre-branch-de-clemson) in 2012 NFL Draft (http://www.bigblueview.com/section/2012-nfl-draft)

"No. 28, Green Bay Packers -- Andre Branch DE/LB Clemson

The most identifiable need for the Pack, via our brothers at Acme Packing Company (http://acmepackingcompany.com/), is pass rush. This kid fits the bill for their system perfectly. Played mostly with a hand in the dirt at end for Clemson, and was successful doing this, but seems to be a little slow off the snap at times.

Solution, stand him up in a 3-4 defense and let him loose.

At 6-foot-4 and close to 260 anwith room to grow, He would fit in nicely as a DE with us but will do even better as an OLB in GB.

In essence the Pack would be lining him up opposite of the Nelson twins ( Hawk and Matthews) plus 1, and turn a weak spot last season into a strength this season." -- Flynner

woodbuck27
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Rob Rang ... At #28 Nick Perry (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631896), DE, Southern California

Dane Brugler... At #28 Devon Still (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1272618), DT, Penn State and Dane Brugler has Shea McClellin (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1274370), OLB, Boise State going to the NE Patriots at Pick # 31 in Round One.

Lurker64
04-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Here's my latest effort:

28) Shea McClellin Boise State
TT's on the phone with Houston talking about trading up when there are two OLBs he likes on the board. He rolls the dice and feels vindicated when McClellin falls to him. TT already has "the guy" at the other OLB spot, and since this is a super bowl contending team, an immediate contributor is more valuable than a long term upside type project. McClellin is smart, hard working, versatile, and he immediately starts opposite Matthews.

TRADE: Packers send #59+#123 +224 to Cincinnati for #53 to select:
53) Kevin Zeitler, OG/OC, Wisconsin
Zeitler played guard at Wisconsin, but practiced at Center but was never needed. TT takes him here to groom him long term at center. Backs up Lang and Sitton this year, replaced Saturday next year (at worst, the year after) at Center to give Green Bay quite possibly the best interior trio in the league.

90) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
Biggest gap in our group of running backs is at the third down back position. Saine isn't really tough enough to run without enormous holes, and neither Starks nor Green distinguish themselves as blockers. Polk offers immediate upside as a third down back and competes for the workhorse role. Fans want TT to take three defensive guys with the first three picks, so the doomsayers will be out in force in Packerland after day 2.

132) Brandon Hardin, FS, Oregon State
Missed most of 2011 with an injury, falls a little due to character reds, but if the staff is comfortable with him as a person, they've got a heck of a FS prospect on their hands. Runs like a deer, hits like an LB.

133) Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State
Made as many "wow" throws as any QB in college last year playing in a pro style offense. Footwork needs work and as a result his accuracy suffers, but if there's anything that McCarthy excels at in developing QBs it's footwork. Developmental QB with "asset" potential

163) Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota
Corn-fed midwestern farmboy hero. Definitely looks the part of an NFL lineman. Is a little tight in the hips and needs work on technique, but he'd be the #4 OT.

197) Akiem Hicks, DE, Regina
Originally recruited to LSU from Junior College, declared ineligible due to recruiting violations, so he played his college ball in Canada. Has tools comparable to Michael Brockers, just needs time and work. Enormous upside.

235) Markus Kuhn, DT, NC State
Big, strong German transplant who played inside and out for the Wolfpack. Green, but can be great.

241) Vaughn Meatoga (NT, Hawaii)
Developmental NT. Early round NTs are a waste with Raji on the roster, mid-round NTs aren't good value, so you pick one late and build him up over a few years.

243) Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion
Small school cornerback with prototype TT measurables. Practice Squad candidate with long term potential, but DIII-> NFL is a long road, worth a flyer.

woodbuck27
04-17-2012, 05:32 AM
Nice job on this MOCK Lurker64.

I want to inquire into the following decision as your RB Pick at #90:

"90) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
Biggest gap in our group of running backs is at the third down back position. Saine isn't really tough enough to run without enormous holes, and neither Starks nor Green distinguish themselves as blockers. Polk offers immediate upside as a third down back and competes for the workhorse role. Fans want TT to take three defensive guys with the first three picks, so the doomsayers will be out in force in Packerland after day 2." Lurker64

* RB Chris Polk, RB, Washington over ** LaMichael James, RB, Oregon.

* http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84016&draftyear=2012&genpos=RB

** http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83146&draftyear=2012&genpos=RB

* Health issues over ** Character issues.

* 5 '-11" and 215 lbs over ** 5'-8" and 194 lbs

Yet.......

** LJ's Measurables <<< exceed >>> CP's Measurables*.

L J's potential is 'off the charts' excellent upside. Does that cancel out 'the risk factor'? There's a risk factor with every drafted player.

In 2010 L J was the Nation's TOP rusher and 3rd in voting for the Heisman trophy. L J was one of three finalists for the 2010 Walter Camp Award.

REPORTS >>> Superlatives galore. Did he learn a lesson during his probation? Interview!

Question Lurker64: You chose CP over LJ and nothing wrong with that choice but did you take a close look at LJ in making a decision for Pick #90?

PS: The talk .... LaMichael James is alot like Darren Sproules.

Brandon494
04-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Honesly I'm not feeling that draft, two offense players with our first three picks? Our offense carried us last season, we need help on defense not backup positions on offense.

pbmax
04-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Honesly I'm not feeling that draft, two offense players with our first three picks? Our offense carried us last season, we need help on defense but backup positions on offense.

Lurker has a feeling about Hicks so he is rolling the dice with him here. Similar to TT, but I don't see that trade up for Zeitler, perhaps next year if Saturday is simply a shell of himself.

woodbuck27
04-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Here's a straight up MOCK Draft ie No trading up or down:

Round 1, Pick #28:

Shea McClellin - Boise State, OLB/DE - #92
6' - 3 " - 260 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70853&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

Round 2, Pick #59:

Jamell Fleming - Oklahoma, CB - #32
5'- 11''- 206 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69879&draftyear=2012&genpos=CB

Round 3, Pick #90:

Malik Jackson - Tennessee , DE (Transfer from USC) - #97
6' - 5'' - 284 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83122&draftyear=2012&genpos=DE

Round 4, Pick #123:

Cyrus Grey - Texas A&M, RB - #32
5' - 10'' - 206 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82798&draftyear=2012&genpos=RB

Round 4 Compensatory Picks:

Rd 4 Comp. Pick #132:

Brandon Taylor - LSU, SS - #18
5' - 11'' - 209 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84595&draftyear=2012&genpos=SS

Rd. 4 Comp. Pick #133:

Jonathan Massaquoi - Troy, OLB - #94
6 ' - 2 '' - 264 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90531&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

Round 5, Pick #163:

Tom Compton - South Dakota - OT - #76
6'- 5 '' - 314 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=114838&draftyear=2012&genpos=OT

Round 6 Pick #197:

DaJohn Harris - Southern Cal - DT - #98
6'- 3'' - 306 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70263&draftyear=2012&genpos=DT

Round 7 Pick #224:

Quinton Richardson - Washington - FS and CB/ST - #28
5' 11'' - 204 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71519&draftyear=2012&genpos=FS

Round 7 Pick #235:

Braylon Bouton - TCU - OLB - #99
6'- 4'' - 257 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68753&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

Round 7 Compensatory Picks:

Round 7 Comp. Pick #241:

Garth Gerhart (C), Arizona State - #52
6'- 1 '' - 305 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70031&draftyear=2012&genpos=C

Rd. 7 COMP. Pick #243:

Dustin Waldron - Portland State - OT / OG - #79
6'- 5'' - 305 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=114637&draftyear=2012&genpos=OT

GO Ted Thompson >>> GO PACKERS !!

woodbuck27
04-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Honesly I'm not feeling that draft, two offense players with our first three picks? Our offense carried us last season, we need help on defense not backup positions on offense.

Lots of time for a revision. I worked up a MOCK yesterday where we see SS Mark Barron droping like a brick in water and jump up and grab him by using what I call 'a shadow partner' move. A shadow partner is a team that our GM has a closer relationship with because of 'a linked past'.

Then I said to myself do I want this SS or can I get something deeper in the draft and save my picks? I got the idea of trading up to get Barron ahead of say 'the Pats' because I read a MOCK that had him being picked just before our #28.

That MOCK had prospects like Nick Perry and Shea McClellin available after our pick. I believe it had Mercilus falling. I believe there's an excellent chance that when it gets down to the brass tacks that he and J. Jenkins will fall. I'm wondering if the Shea McCellin 'FLASH' will calm down to where he settles into an early second round pick.

I decided to go with him at #28 as I just like the way he plays... 'flat out' hustle.

Lurker64
04-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Woody-

The reason I would prefer Polk over LMJ (even though I like LMJ) is pretty simple: Polk pass blocks effectively, whereas James does not. If I'm looking for an RB in the first four rounds, unless it's a physical freak like Adrian Peterson, I'm looking at two things first: can he catch and can he block. Both Polk and James can catch, but Polk is a better blocker. This offense missed Brandon Jackson on third down too.

Brandon-

I struggled with putting a defensive player in the third round, I had Wolfe there for a while, but I don't like Wolfe that much. I figure that TT won't draft 3 defensive players on the first two days, and that's just the sort of thing that he would do. I do like Hicks a lot though.

SnakeLH2006
04-17-2012, 11:43 AM

Round 1, Pick #28:

6' - 3 " - 260 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70853&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

Round 2, Pick #59:

5'- 11''- 206 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69879&draftyear=2012&genpos=CB

Round 3, Pick #90:

6' - 5'' - 284 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83122&draftyear=2012&genpos=DE

Round 4, Pick #123:

5' - 10'' - 206 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82798&draftyear=2012&genpos=RB

Rd 4 Comp. Pick #132:

5' - 11'' - 209 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84595&draftyear=2012&genpos=SS

Rd. 4 Comp. Pick #133:

6 ' - 2 '' - 264 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90531&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

Round 5, Pick #163:

6'- 5 '' - 314 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=114838&draftyear=2012&genpos=OT

Round 6 Pick #197:

6'- 3'' - 306 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70263&draftyear=2012&genpos=DT

Round 7 Pick #224:

5' 11'' - 204 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71519&draftyear=2012&genpos=FS

Round 7 Pick #235:

6'- 4'' - 257 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68753&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

Round 7 Comp. Pick #241:

6'- 1 '' - 305 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70031&draftyear=2012&genpos=C

Rd. 7 COMP. Pick #243:

6'- 5'' - 305 lbs.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=114637&draftyear=2012&genpos=OT

Wow...I really like this draft Wood...esp getting passrushers, a cb, and safety early....only I'd draft a qb like packrulz suggested like Couisins in the 4th or 5th.

Smidgeon
04-17-2012, 11:56 AM
All the recent mocks with Shea going to Green Bay means he probably won't be going to Green Bay because he's drafted a couple spots ahead. Just another example of getting my hopes up for someone, then missing out at the last second.

SnakeLH2006
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Ya..he'd be a great pick.

Upnorth
04-17-2012, 12:48 PM
All the recent mocks with Shea going to Green Bay means he probably won't be going to Green Bay because he's drafted a couple spots ahead. Just another example of getting my hopes up for someone, then missing out at the last second.

If TT thinks Shea would help I could see him leapfrogging NE and HOU to get him. Both teams would be a good fit for SHea as well and moving up two spots should not cost to much.
I am basing this completely of TT trading back in to the 1st to grab CMIII. It is not a high probability of happening, but one can hope right?

Zool
04-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Wow...I really like this draft Wood...esp getting passrushers, a cb, and safety early....only I'd draft a qb like packrulz suggested like Couisins in the 4th or 5th.

I don't know how I'd feel about the Packers taking Cousins. Fuck do I hate that guy.

Bretsky
04-17-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't know how I'd feel about the Packers taking Cousins. Fuck do I hate that guy.

While I think Cousins goes higher, I'd take Russ over him

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 06:28 AM
This one I could handle

I strongly considered this fella but I have him ranked at mid to late 40's and thus will go in the second round not the third. ie for TT to land Chandler Jones as i see it today TT would need to trade up fr. pick #59.

We have him going at pick #52 in our Packerrats MOCK.

3. Chandler Jones DE/OLB Syracuse is a solid and versatilefit in a 3-4 scheme. He's realistically placed at around Pick #50.

Chandler Jones didn't have a particularly productive three-year career at Syracuse yet, scouts say that C. Jones has only scratched the surface of his playing potential. He offers some versatility, having logged some time inside in college. Jones can be groomed within our system and be a serious contributor with his talent. The ket to this draft is to finf 'REAL" talent not pretenders and prospects best siuted to transition to the NFL.It gets three -four times tighter inthe NFL a whol world BIGGER that in college.It takes talent to achieve in the NFL but more so the intangibles like attitude, work ethic and character.

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Woody-

The reason I would prefer Polk over LMJ (even though I like LMJ) is pretty simple: Polk pass blocks effectively, whereas James does not. If I'm looking for an RB in the first four rounds, unless it's a physical freak like Adrian Peterson, I'm looking at two things first: can he catch and can he block. Both Polk and James can catch, but Polk is a better blocker. This offense missed Brandon Jackson on third down too.

Brandon-

I struggled with putting a defensive player in the third round, I had Wolfe there for a while, but I don't like Wolfe that much. I figure that TT won't draft 3 defensive players on the first two days, and that's just the sort of thing that he would do. I do like Hicks a lot though.

Got your reasoning now Lurker64 on Polk over James. Yes with Aaron Rodgers as the feature piece on our 'O' our backs must be solid in the Block. We don't really need a glamour RB but ohh my GOD if this fella gets the right mentorship and system ...look out.

RB LaMichael James, Oregon is a beauty at around a mid to late 70's pick. A steal at Pick #90. GOLD in the right situation.

Looking for Hicks in the 3rd rd. Who is this fella?

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 07:00 AM
While I think Cousins goes higher, I'd take Russ over him

QB Kirk Cousins goes in Round TWO.

Whoever drafts him might be thinking Tom Brady...hahaaha. Dreaming.

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 07:13 AM

Thanks my mock can certainly be tweeked (-:. i likely will before next Thursday. It's getting so close to PRIME TIME !

I LOVE THE DRAFT.

I awoke this morning and it bothers me that i ommited a QB but is G. Harrell our backup all that bad?

If AR went down for 2-3 games we need a QB that can step in and just get us say 2 of 3 on the winning side. Ohh the EXPERTS on NFL ACCESS have us going with about 10-12 wins this season with most leaning to the bigger number and that's assuming 'we split with the Lions and Bears'. Alot of Packer fans will laugh at that assumption.

Some Packer fans flat out don't like him but he came out of a system and was top flight as a prospect. Isn't he capable of learning our system and steering the ship if needed? If not then TT might just cut him. We can also bring in an undrafted QB as our #3.

In this draft I hate to waste a single pick. Maybe G. H's tools are different from Aaron Rodgers but what NFL QB is like AR?

sheepshead
04-18-2012, 07:19 AM
I am far from a draft guru but the Packers will draft a QB this year. That's almost a certainty.

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 07:19 AM

There may be better picks then Shea McClellin and the prospects of that fact are revealing themselves daily.

I could've placed a few other names at Pick #28.

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 07:20 AM
I am far from a draft guru but the Packers will draft a QB this year. That's almost a certainty.

and ..... no doubt your correct.

AR and GH = two and we need three.

I thought this morning I might tweek my MOCK to add that QB.

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 01:46 PM

You'll be happy with whatever TT does. There's just too much need on 'D' now. Then again in one analysis i have it all falling on the loss last season of Nick Collins. Taking that to the distinct reality he may no longer be a Packer and TT leaping to get SS Mark Barron. I did a Mock to cover that possibility but 'only' in a case scenario where Mark Baaron is passed over by two teams that seem a good fit for him. Dallas and the NY Jets. **

It's 'of course', going to depend on the dynamic and whether TT covets a certain pick ie Shea McClellin.

It's certainly appearing as though a solid defensive 'pass rush prospect' will fall back to us.

We're at a disadvantage listening to or reading all the media driven hype. We 'only' do so as we love this hobby.

In a 'keeping it real sense'. I do believe that TT will be 'the man' and we must believe he knows we need an improved pass rush.

** He may move up dealing with a 'shadow allay' like Clevland at a cost of his 4th and a seventh round picks. That gives him ten picks to do his thing, including that improved first rounder. Any team has the same option. The draft isn't an exclusive realm.

It's exciting stuff.

Guiness
04-18-2012, 01:56 PM
and ..... no doubt your correct.

AR and GH = two and we need three.

I thought this morning I might tweek my MOCK to add that QB.

We need 3? Haven't we gone the past 3 years carrying 2? Harrell was only elevated just before the playoffs last year.

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 02:09 PM
We need 3? Haven't we gone the past 3 years carrying 2? Harrell was only elevated just before the playoffs last year.

Actually Guiness we have three now: Aaron Rodgers and

6 Harrell, Graham (http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Graham-Harrell/5f0588c8-a6d2-4132-a4b5-2bf0583aaad6) QB ..6-2 .. 215 lbs; 26 Yrs Old fr. Texas Tech

17 Hill, Nick (http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Nick-Hill/86245134-9930-469b-8a2f-737345dfeee6) .........QB ..6-3 .. 215 lbs ; 27 years Old ...ditto... S. Illinois

Hope your feeling alot better.

GO PACKERS !

Guiness
04-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Actually Guiness we have three now: Aaron Rodgers and

6 Harrell, Graham (http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Graham-Harrell/5f0588c8-a6d2-4132-a4b5-2bf0583aaad6) QB ..6-2 .. 215 lbs; 26 Yrs Old fr. Texas Tech

17 Hill, Nick (http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Nick-Hill/86245134-9930-469b-8a2f-737345dfeee6) .........QB ..6-3 .. 215 lbs ; 27 years Old ...ditto... S. Illinois

Yes, three signed right now, but that's a lot different than being on the roster for the season. I wonder what they will do this year, they've shown a willingness to go with just two QB's...so they can carry 5 TE's! It seems like they don't feel the need to carry the traditional 3 QB's, and instead will only do so if they feel they have a prospect that can contribute or needs to be protected, i.e. would be signed off our ps. And even with the later, they've shown they will go to lengths to keep guys who are on the ps, as shown with Gurley last year when Minnesota tried to sign him.

Hope your feeling alot better.

GO PACKERS !

Thanks, I am. A rough ride, but I'm coming out of it.

Lurker64
04-18-2012, 03:54 PM

Very little upside with Harrell. You want to draft a QB that you can develop into a guy who can win your a couple games and execute the offense, this year I think Green Bay's guys would be either Ryan Lindley or B.J. Coleman, both project to become NFL starting calibre talent after Mac works with them some. It would be interesting to see what he could do with Osweiler if the slot is right (absolutely not before the fourth round) and maybe Russell Wilson (though I doubt he'll be able to sell Ted on the idea.)

The other thing to keep in mind is don't be surprised if Ted drafts a WR early. We have two key starters on contract years and I wouldn't be surprised if Ted wants to insure himself against Jennings wanting too much money to keep(Lang is almost certain to be resigned.)

Guiness
04-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Does Harrell have that little going for him? Almost 2 full years on the ps and no one has signed him to a roster does seem to indicate that.

You still have to think he's the frontrunner for the backup QB job, unless they just like the way he runs the scout team (possible). Regardless, I think whether we carry 2 or 3 guys on the roster through the season has more to do with evaluations of the players at hand then filling a designated spot.

SavedByGrace
04-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I hope Zeitler falls to us in the 2nd. I know that's wishful thinking, but this kid is so good. Went to high school with him. Absolutely hates to get beat, and has an amazing work ethic. He has lately started working on the Center position, which would almost immediately make him the top C in the draft. What do you know? The Packers could use a Center. Talked to Wisconsin Lutheran's (where Zeitler went) football coach and the Pack has called recently.

Lurker64
04-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Does Harrell have that little going for him? Almost 2 full years on the ps and no one has signed him to a roster does seem to indicate that.

He's a noodle-armed system QB. He's not going to be as good as Flynn was, and the offense would drop off noticeably if he had to start. I don't know how much you can improve him. I mean, he's a good kid, he's not dumb, and he tries hard, he's just best suited as a #3 QB.

Carolina_Packer
04-18-2012, 10:28 PM
He's a noodle-armed system QB. He's not going to be as good as Flynn was, and the offense would drop off noticeably if he had to start. I don't know how much you can improve him. I mean, he's a good kid, he's not dumb, and he tries hard, he's just best suited as a #3 QB.

Yeah, I agree, they can do better and I hope they draft someone who pushes him big time, so they can see what they have in Harrell. I wouldn't be unhappy it it shakes out in Harrell's favor, if he earns it. Not everyone wants to be a backup QB, or has the talent to be anything more than just that. They don't all have to be starters in waiting, but you'd like to get a guy like that as often as possible. If TT can get one Flynn type, undervalued, can be developed, then he can do it again. Not saying this would happen because the projections are higher, but what if Brandon Weeden fell to the 7th round? Wouldn't you consider him? He's going to have a gigantic chip on his shoulder and will be a guy who can succeed at the next level, but if teams get worried about him being older, that could benefit Green Bay who wouldn't be trying to develop him into a starter, save for injury (God forbid).

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Very little upside with Harrell. You want to draft a QB that you can develop into a guy who can win your a couple games and execute the offense, this year I think Green Bay's guys would be either Ryan Lindley or B.J. Coleman, both project to become NFL starting calibre talent after Mac works with them some. It would be interesting to see what he could do with Osweiler if the slot is right (absolutely not before the fourth round) and maybe Russell Wilson (though I doubt he'll be able to sell Ted on the idea.)

The other thing to keep in mind is don't be surprised if Ted drafts a WR early. We have two key starters on contract years and I wouldn't be surprised if Ted wants to insure himself against Jennings wanting too much money to keep(Lang is almost certain to be resigned.)

TT is in a challenging position this draft. He can't easily cover all the holes. Yes we need a better backup it seems.Yes TT has to look to an excellent choice at WR if that's his BPA 'on his board'.

He has to do alot in the first five rounds Lurker64. That's seven picks to get his (1) pass rusher (2 X backed up). To draft to upgrade our defensive backfield (a safety and a CB); and get that WR. That's six picks right there.

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 10:59 PM
I hope Zeitler falls to us in the 2nd. I know that's wishful thinking, but this kid is so good. Went to high school with him. Absolutely hates to get beat, and has an amazing work ethic. He has lately started working on the Center position, which would almost immediately make him the top C in the draft. What do you know? The Packers could use a Center. Talked to Wisconsin Lutheran's (where Zeitler went) football coach and the Pack has called recently.

I have to re-check but I'm thinking that one of our guy's had him down in his MOCK. I need to check that.

Thanks for 'the inside'.

GO PACK GO !

added:

Yes.. Lurker64 and his second Mock;

28) Shea McClellin Boise State
TT's on the phone with Houston talking about trading up when there are two OLBs he likes on the board. He rolls the dice and feels vindicated when McClellin falls to him. TT already has "the guy" at the other OLB spot, and since this is a super bowl contending team, an immediate contributor is more valuable than a long term upside type project. McClellin is smart, hard working, versatile, and he immediately starts opposite Matthews.

TRADE: Packers send #59+#123 +224 to Cincinnati for #53 to select:

53) Kevin Zeitler, OG/OC, Wisconsin
Zeitler played guard at Wisconsin, but practiced at Center but was never needed. TT takes him here to groom him long term at center. Backs up Lang and Sitton this year, replaced Saturday next year (at worst, the year after) at Center to give Green Bay quite possibly the best interior trio in the league.

90) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
Biggest gap in our group of running backs is at the third down back position. Saine isn't really tough enough to run without enormous holes, and neither Starks nor Green distinguish themselves as blockers. Polk offers immediate upside as a third down back and competes for the workhorse role. Fans want TT to take three defensive guys with the first three picks, so the doomsayers will be out in force in Packerland after day 2.

132) Brandon Hardin, FS, Oregon State
Missed most of 2011 with an injury, falls a little due to character reds, but if the staff is comfortable with him as a person, they've got a heck of a FS prospect on their hands. Runs like a deer, hits like an LB.

133) Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State
Made as many "wow" throws as any QB in college last year playing in a pro style offense. Footwork needs work and as a result his accuracy suffers, but if there's anything that McCarthy excels at in developing QBs it's footwork. Developmental QB with "asset" potential

Lurker64
04-19-2012, 12:14 AM
TT is in a challenging position this draft. He can't easily cover all the holes. Yes we need a better backup it seems.Yes TT has to look to an excellent choice at WR if that's his BPA 'on his board'.

He has to do alot in the first five rounds Lurker64. That's seven picks to get his (1) pass rusher (2 X backed up). To draft to upgrade our defensive backfield (a safety and a CB); and get that WR. That's six picks right there.

We also have 12 picks, and you figure that based on his track record Ted's going to do (or rather *not do*) something in the draft that will get a significant group of Packer fans (who are way worse at this than TT is) up in arms, but it will turn out okay.

The only thing TT could do that would absolutely surprise me is pick a guy who is just not good value for the slot (which is why I argued against Nate Potter in rd 1 earlier). If TT takes Kendall Wright (WR, Baylor) in the first round that would upset a lot of people, but I wouldn't put it past Ted. It's a deep DL group, and OLBs often come from nowhere, your best safeties this year are going to come from converted CBs, and we already turned a 7th round nobody into a quality backup once.

We just have to hope Ted sticks to his board and things break well for him. Even if this isn't a home run of a draft, the Packers are still better than the vast majority of teams in the league.

Brandon494
04-19-2012, 06:20 AM
TT makes surprising picks at times but zero chance does he pick a WR in the first round.

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 07:12 AM
TT makes surprising picks at times but zero chance does he pick a WR in the first round.

What if TT has this fellow left on the board?:

WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina ... 6' - 4" 229 lbs

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/alshon-jeffery-1.html

If TT selected him would that upset you?

Brandon494
04-19-2012, 07:26 AM
If our first first pick is no a defensive player then yes I will be upset. I actually want our first three picks to be all on defense. We have a championship caliber offense right now, can you say that about our defense?

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 07:30 AM
If our first first pick is no a defensive player then yes I will be upset. I actually want our first three picks to be all on defense. We have a championship caliber offense right now, can you say that about our defense?

OK (-: and I'm in your camp but TT isn't predictable.

That WR I bring up is sensational. In fact he may be the first WR picked in this draft. There seems to suddenly be some doubts in Justin Blackmon as the best WR in this draft.

Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina

Brandon494
04-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Honestly I believe TT isn't that hard to figure out by now. Blackmon may have some doubts but he will be the first WR taken in the draft, I see him going to Rams. In the past when we were rebuilding TT was harder to figure out, but after going 15-1 in the regular season it's pretty obvious where we need help on this team. The time is now and TT knows that, that's why you saw him this offseason make some noise in FA. I believe he didn't want to use another high pick on an O-lineman this draft when we have so many holes on defense. I will almost guarntee that our first three picks will be on defense but I could see him using a 3rd round pick on a QB, OL, or RB.

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Honestly I believe TT isn't that hard to figure out by now. Blackmon may have some doubts but he will be the first WR taken in the draft, I see him going to Rams. In the past when we were rebuilding TT was harder to figure out, but after going 15-1 in the regular season it's pretty obvious where we need help on this team. The time is now and TT knows that, that's why you saw him this offseason make some noise in FA. I believe he didn't want to use another high pick on an O-lineman this draft when we have so many holes on defense. I will almost guarntee that our first three picks will be on defense but I could see him using a 3rd round pick on a QB, OL, or RB.

** BPA Candidate

## May be gone before our #90 Pick

Round Three QB:

Russell Wilson, Wisconsin

Nick Foles, Arizona

Round Three OL:

OT ... Zebrie Sanders, Florida State
OT ... Bobby Massie, Mississippi
OT ... Brandon Mosley, Auburn

OG ... Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State
OG ... James Brown, Troy
OG ... Senio Kelemete, Washington

Round Three RB:

Cyrus Gray, Texas A&M
Bernard Pierce, Temple

Round Three WR:

Marvin McNutt, Iowa **
Jarius Wright, Arkansas **
Joe Adams, Arkansas **

Round Three CB:

Dwight Bentley, Louisiana-Lafayette . . . . ** and ##

More realistic possible CB's:

DeQuan Menzie, Alabama **
Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech **

Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina

Round Three DE:

Jake Bequette, Arkansas
Malik Jackson, Tennessee

Round Three DT:

Alameda Ta'amu, Washington Note: TT would have to love him.

Round Three OLB:

Terrell Manning, North Carolina State **
Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma (3-4) **
Josh Kaddu, Oregon **

Sean Spence, Miami (Fla.)
Bruce Irvin, West Virginia (3-4)

Round Three ILB:

May be gone before our #90 Pick ##

Mychal Kendricks, California (4-3 OLB) ##
James-Michael Johnson, Nevada ##

Smidgeon
04-19-2012, 10:42 AM

Personally, I think he grabbed Free Agents this offseason so he wouldn't be forced to make picks at certain positions. For example, now he won't be forced to reach for a center in the draft if one doesn't fall to him at a good value slot. Maybe the Packers signed Hargrove for the same reason: an upgrade on what they had and a player who they believe allow them flexibility in drafting.

Now, for the right value, I'd love to see a defensive draft too. But I don't want to see a reach for one either (**cough**AhmadCarroll**cough**).

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Round 1, Pick #28:

6' - 3 " - 260 lbs.

Round 2, Pick #59:

5'- 11''- 206 lbs.

The above CB has moved up the Draft Boards fr. my observation and since I composed this MOCK. A more reaslistic pick at CB here might be:

Round 3, Pick #90:

6' - 5'' - 284 lbs.

Round 4, Pick #123:

5' - 10'' - 206 lbs.

Rd 4 Comp. Pick #132:

5' - 11'' - 209 lbs.

Rd. 4 Comp. Pick #133:

6 ' - 2 '' - 264 lbs.

Round 5, Pick #163:

6'- 5 '' - 314 lbs.

Round 6 Pick #197:

6'- 3'' - 306 lbs.

Round 7 Pick #224:

5' 11'' - 204 lbs.

Round 7 Pick #235:

6'- 4'' - 257 lbs.

Round 7 Comp. Pick #241:

6'- 1 '' - 305 lbs.

Rd. 7 COMP. Pick #243:

6'- 5'' - 305 lbs.

Round 2, Pick #59: 9 (REVISION)

**Jamell Fleming - Oklahoma, CB - #32
5'- 11''- 206 lbs.

The above CB ** has moved up the Draft Boards fr. my observation and since I composed this MOCK.

A more reaslistic pick at CB here might be:

Brandon Boykin, Georgia or Josh Robinson, UCF and this also raises the question of whether or not either of these is BPA 'defense'. My Mock is centered on drafting in rounds 1-3 exclusively on 'D'.

woodbuck27
04-20-2012, 02:46 PM
The 'Shadow Allies' Option to move up in Round One to select a very solid choice for us.

SS Mark Barron.

I saw 'a Round One Mock' this week with SS Mark Barron slipping down into the early 20's of the First round. It has seemed to me that he was a natural selection for the Dallas Cowboys and if they went elsewhere maybe to the NY Jets.

Ted Thompson still has a solid relationship with the fella that runs things in Cleveland, Mike Holmgren. Holmgren and Ted Thompson exchange first round picks. Here's 'a possible' Ted Thompsons draft scenario for that 'trade up' in Round One to secure a real need in SS Mark Barron:

Round 1 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round/round/1)

Pick 28 (28) Traded to the Cleveland Browns along with picks #123 and #197 to trade up to Pick #22 ... Pick:

Mark Barron (SS) Alabama #4

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=81868&draftyear=2012&genpos=SS

Round 2 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round/round/2)

Pick 27 (59) Pick:

OLB Bobby Wagner, Utah State # 9

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=102957&draftyear=2012&genpos=olb

Round 3 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round/round/3)

Pick 27 (90) Pick:

CB Trevin Wade, Arizona #24

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72268&draftyear=2012&genpos=CB

Round 4 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round/round/4)

Pick 28 (123) Traded to the Clevland Brown along with Pick #28 and Pick #197 for Pick #22 In Round One Used to pick Safety Mark Barron

Pick 37 (132) (Compensatory selection) Pick:

Johnathan Massaqoui, (OLB) TROY

Pick 38 (133) (Compensatory Selection) Pick:

RB Vick Ballard, Mississippi State #28

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105066&draftyear=2012&genpos=RB

Round 5 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round/round/5)

Pick 28 (163) Pick:

QB Austin Davis, Southern Missisippi #12

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=74516&draftyear=2012&genpos=QB

Round 6 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round/round/6)

Pick 27 (197) Traded to the Clevland Browns with Picks #28 and #123 for Pick #22 In Round One to draft S Mark Barron.

Round 7 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round/round/7)

Pick 17 (224) (From Jets) Pick:

Tim Bedford (WR) Tennessee Tech

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=86878&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR

Pick 28 (235) :

LaMar Holmes (OL) Southern Mississippi

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=108623&draftyear=2012&genpos=OT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=108623&draftyear=2012&genpos=OT)

Pick 34 (241) (Compensatory selection) Pick:

Garth Gerhart (C), Arizona State

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70031&draftyear=2012&genpos=C (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70031&draftyear=2012&genpos=C)

Pick 36 (243) (Compensatory selection) Pick:

Dustin Waldron OT / OG , Portland