PDA

View Full Version : Some GB Packer Needs... 'a Pre Draft Analysis' ... Defensive end tops Packers' shopping list.

woodbuck27
04-11-2012, 11:19 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/defensive-end-tops-teams-shopping-list-7h4totd-147070685.html

Defensive end tops Packers' shopping list...

Twelve months ago, the Green Bay Packers were a team with few urgent needs.

Fresh off a championship in Super Bowl XLV, the Packers boasted the NFL's deepest and most complete roster.
One year later, things are remarkably different.

Please click LINK for story details.

SnakeLH2006
04-12-2012, 01:12 AM
We needed pass rush EVERY year....

woodbuck27
04-12-2012, 09:54 AM
We needed pass rush EVERY year....

Yes and the packers run a 3-4 'D'. it's vital with that defense that every single cog is well lubricated and working harmoniously to get 'a whole' and positive result.One piece of the puzzle out od whack and the cookie crumbles.

Our Defense:

No Nick Collins means some backup needs to QB that defense. We didn't see it after Nick Collins went down. One huge part of the puzzle missing. DISASTER impending....

Disorganization and blown assignments as players cannot react to play action. Disaster implodes the DL when BJ Raji is double teamed and gets worn down as he needs to be spelled. Picket gets worn down as he is aging.He needs to have his replacement in plac and Raji needs HELP. Even that young man may need a rest. his poor body last season. Wec saw what happened to that once indestructable looking body. it went to the ground too often. It didn't stand up and make demands of attention by opposition centers and.....and .... AND guards. The last thing you need or waqnt to see in a 3-4 defense is your nose Tackle tied up by just a center.He needs to hold down at least two offensive lineman.

We lost Cullen Jenkins and 'no fill' there. Surprize !! If you wern't you either are smart enough not to be or in enough denial to consider it a factor in our 'NO defense'.

No DE that's capable of a pass rush and block the lanes so the pocket collapses and allows the defensive LBers ports of entry into the offensive backfield. without that DE in support of the other two DT's and those two middle fellas in our 'Four' part of the 3-4 defense are not getting it done. They will look like scarecdrows with spinning heads; amid too much wind. Holes open and offensive guards are free to block downfield.

The result...Big Runs against our defense. The fundamentle position of a 3-4 defense is to STOP the run. To allow our defensive backs a clear opportunity to get set to defend the pass. The enemy of a poor defense is 'the play action pass' and the liberty that allows a god opposition QB to 'slice and dice a defense such as ours was last season.
Opposition first downs galore. Panic envelopes resulting in ....a defense that can't keep up. Players on our defense cannot even duplicate Pop Warner style tackles. Heck they cannot hardly touch someone on the opposition with the ball.

Tackle!? Tackle...are you kidding me. I read wist43 trying so hard to get posters on here to se thais simple thing. The fundamentle issue that Ted Thompson must address is talent level. Ted Thompson has to get that done yesterday and continuing into the draft. Ted Thompson must NOT fail 'all of us'.

TT's got some things to do. It begins and ends with a clear understanding of the Dom Capers scheme (s).

We need the middle two of that OL to get to the middle of our defensive line and block lanes. To assist the front three on the DL. To put the opposition on the ground cleanly.

See that? Are you kidding me.Their heads are too busy wagging here and there and missing on guess's and not alert to anticipation results to get that job done.

Clay Matthews is double teamed and noone ever drafted Superman when he was assessed out of college. Clay Matthews is a certain surprize and is now,as it stands, virtually neutralized when you look at his results in 2010 Vs 2011.

We all know that Clay Matthews needs his GM's support. Come the end of the draft Ted thompson better get that done or there will be plenty of pissed off packer fans among those that really have a clue.

With the condition of our front seven and with the skills of a Nick Collins at safety; and as QB of the 3-4 defense. We see pandomonium as a result. Blown assignments and missed tackles all over the field and a Packer defense that sucks wind badly.

A defense that gets one thing....gets embarassed. All that spirals to the other three fellas on the field that are trying to act as defensive backs. Even Charles Woodson looks bad and posters here post...Ohh No. Charles woodson has lost a step .Charles Woodson is aging fast. Gheeessshh. Charles Woodson has been neutralized along with the entire 3-4 defense.

Opposing teams with top flight QB's will pick that porous defense apart and the result!? The Green Bay Packers are the worst pass protection 'D' in the entire NFL. That is a major contribution to the green bay packers being ranked at 32nd on DEFENSE. Of all embarassments.A Packer 'D' the WORST in the NFL. That's hard to even imagine mores, 'be reality'.

One and one = TWO 3-4 Defense Fundamentle Theory and not how you want to ever see it happen Analysis. it's NOT Rocket science.

Guiness
04-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Well, that's as poor an article as can be written. I guess if you were a headline scanner some of the content would be interesting, but it's certainly nothing anyone here could learn from! The title 'shopping list' implies that's what TT/MM will be going out to get, and we all know full well how likely they are to be predictable, or have a pre-written agenda!

Scott Campbell
04-12-2012, 11:14 AM
We all know that Clay Matthews needs his GM's support. Come the end of the draft Ted thompson better get that done or there will be plenty of pissed off packer fans among those that really have a clue.

Pffft.

You'll still hate Ted no matter who they draft.

woodbuck27
04-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Pffft.

Scott? Are you ignorant of what a FLAME in terms of posting on a forum means? Are you aware of the potential destruction it has on a forums overalll environment?

Get this in your obsessive mind please. I know your off on one of your bad spells. I feel bad for you. I just have to retain you in terms of me and status quo. Sorry ...it's 'just' a really weird dance.

I .... do ... not ... hate.

I certainly 'cannot hate anything' Green Bay Packers. That includes this Packer (football) Forum.

Of all Pro Sports teams I've been a Packer fan the longest.

I'm beyond 'LOYAL' to the Green Bay Packers.

woodbuck27
04-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Well, that's as poor an article as can be written. I guess if you were a headline scanner some of the content would be interesting, but it's certainly nothing anyone here could learn from! The title 'shopping list' implies that's what TT/MM will be going out to get, and we all know full well how likely they are to be predictable, or have a pre-written agenda!

Guiness last night i spotted that headline on JSO but when i tried to read the article I was blocked as I'm not a subscriber. I have another atricle i'll post on this thread that may be acceptable.

From Evan Silva (Wed. April 11,2012) who writes on NFC Team Needs:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40308/59/nfc-team-needs

From that I read this and may offer a surprize for some members here in terms of our team drafting a quality RB. Here it is:

"Green Bay Packers ....

Outside linebacker: Clay Matthews (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/5278/Clay-Matthews)' 2011 production slipped because opponents zeroed in on stopping him. Often double teamed by blockers, Matthews posted career lows in tackles (50) and sacks (6). The Packers need a better rusher opposite him to distract offensive attention.

Defensive end: 2010 second-round pick Mike Neal (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/5879/Mike-Neal) is fast headed for bust status, while Jarius Wynn (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/5396/Jarius-Wynn) and C.J. Wilson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/5969/C.J.-Wilson) are "just guys." Newly signed Anthony Hargrove (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/2816/Anthony-Hargrove) is more of a nickel-down interior pass rusher. The Packers still haven't found a viable replacement for Cullen Jenkins (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/2999/Cullen-Jenkins).

Running back: Green Bay could add a new dimension to its offense with an explosive youngster like David Wilson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/7448/David-Wilson) or Lamar Miller (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/7408/Lamar-Miller) in the second round. James Starks (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/5823/James-Starks) is a versatile big back, but plays at a pedestrian speed. The Packers have made no attempt to keep free agent Ryan Grant (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/3252/Ryan-Grant)."

IMO not much here that offers enought to cause one reason to re-arrange 'a MOCK draft'. . . . (-:

IMO we need to consider that:

a) That 'in reality' we've lost S Nick Collins (that effect given his replacement on our defensive scheme had a domino effect). Is Charles Woodson ready and willing to move into Nick Collins spot? Is that 'in fact' the best option if Nick Collins is 'in fact' lost to us giving present depth atv the CB position?

b) Counter the effects of teams double teaming Clay Matthews and bringing his better potential back to our 'D'.

c) Add what I saw as NT BJ Raji wearing down as our season progressed as another focus for attention in this draft. I feel that TT should be lining up to pick a very big and strong NT. Pickett is getting up in age. Anthony Hargrove may surprize us but that move by TT out of free agency is decent but as i see it NOT enough to fix our DL on an every down basis.

GO Ted Thompson.

Fritz
04-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I have been a bit surprised (that's how we spell it in the good ol' U.S. of A., Woody!) that the local writers are falling prey to the whole draft-needs thing. Was it Pete Dougherty's chat I just read in which he suggested he'd be surprised if the Pack didn't go defense the first three rounds?

woodbuck27
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I have been a bit surprised (that's how we spell it in the good ol' U.S. of A., Woody!) that the local writers are falling prey to the whole draft-needs thing. Was it Pete Dougherty's chat I just read in which he suggested he'd be surprised if the Pack didn't go defense the first three rounds?

Fritz I'm watching the Nick Collins thing but now it seems to me 'only' logical that we lost him. I truly believe that alot of our woes on 'D' began losing our safety who was the best fella to QB our 3-4 scheme.I may have that wrong.Please 'any help' there is appreciated.

I'm carefully assessing what TT might do. I like Lurker64's angle. TT trades down from #28 and trades up from #59 to secure two second round picks in the 37 - 48 slot. What bugs me about that start of a mock model is that strategy causes TT to lose the very best prospect that will be available at pick #28.

Two bruised apples for one grade 'A' perfect shiny apple? Bad analogy? WTH.

We need help for BJ Raji. We need help for Clay Matthews. We need help at defensive back. These are three very real points of focus.

First three picks (Steps A, B and C):

Step A: Big strong DT/Rushing OLB/ Versatile DE ( Do not sonsider any other position here ie OL,S,CB unless say someone really good falls to Ted Thompson ie S Mark Barron....Can't we dream?)

Step B: What's left after picking BPA to fill Step A? Ted Thompson has to also look at CB's or a S here 'as we certainly need ... again...real talent at CB and our safety slot ...as i see it no roster players have developed to date; YES we have the OTA's and TC.

Ted Thompson IMO... should ask himself as he sets up for his second pick..... 'Did I get that talented prospect to rush the QB Step A? Did I get That really strong DT?'

Then maybe? fill with the other slot need (Got DT so... it's OLB) or wait to the third pick in step C and go BPA but... on 'D' again. Stay 'again' on 'D' and look at DT,DE,OLB,DB.

Option Step B 'Alternative'..... Select the best prospect on his board..as long as it's on DEFENSE and does he really have to select in the same position as he did with his first pick? NO!

Here is where we will get loads of various opinions. Some say we need to protect our most valuable asset...Aaron Rodgers and go LT in Step A.

Noone's right or wrong. as TT's 'the man'.

All the same we have fun with it and maybe even imagine we have the answers.LOL.

Step C: IMO after two picks TT might say to himself... 'what's left'. DT or OLB or DB? Select BPA at that undrafted position.

I'm happy as others here will be happy that TT went three picks at the TOP ... ALL 'D' !

Joe and Jolene Offenside 'Big Packer fans' from Critchaboo, Anywhere.... their pissed. Their fuming ! " Where's that LT? What ....no RB? Yaa gotta be kiddin' me ....NO OL pick. That GM is fricken out to lunch."

The REALITY Check:

Ted Thompson will be his own man. He can hide from Joe and Jolene.

Smidgeon
04-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Pffft.

I think the best part--for me--of Woodbuck's continual postings are being able to read SC's retorts. :D

(I'd throw in the popcorn eating emoticon, but I really can't find how to enable those. :\)

woodbuck27
04-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I think the best part--for me--of Woodbuck's continual postings are being able to read SC's retorts. :D

(I'd throw in the popcorn eating emoticon, but I really can't find how to enable those. :\)

That show is rather tired man. Popcorn is best for a decent movie.....maybe even a cartoon.

I keep him over there and I stay...over here.

Packerrats is more important than indulging Scott's obsessions.

Joemailman
04-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Pffft.

:drma:

pbmax
04-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Yes and the packers run a 3-4 'D'. it's vital with that defense that every single cog is well lubricated and working harmoniously to get 'a whole' and positive result.One piece of the puzzle out od whack and the cookie crumbles.

If true, we should run a different D scheme so that lubrication and harmony are not roadblocks to success. Why do it the complicated way? :lol:

sharpe1027
04-12-2012, 05:11 PM
If true, we should run a different D scheme so that lubrication and harmony are not roadblocks to success. Why do it the complicated way? :lol:

The RWAAAR! defense from the Shaq commercial is the only one the comes to mind.

Fritz
04-12-2012, 05:17 PM
When I think of lubrication and harmony, I think of sex.

Smidgeon
04-12-2012, 05:30 PM
:drma:

I appreciate the add. So I added rep.

Scott Campbell
04-12-2012, 05:40 PM

:five:

Thanks!

I'm just trying to lighten the mood a little after the forum gets their scoldings from Reverend Woodrow.

MadtownPacker
04-12-2012, 05:46 PM

You have to go to the "Go Advanced" button. There you wl see the smileys. At the bottom of the you will see "More" link that will show them all.

Joemailman
04-12-2012, 08:43 PM
:-P :violin: :bang: :twisted: :satan: :rs: :-) :clap: :?: :jig: :shock: :drma: :neutral: :glug: :lol: :pc:
:worship: :cnf: :oops: :taunt: :flag: :smk: :wink: :pack: :-( :wow: :arrow: :huh: :-? :rock: :crazy:
:eyes: :-x :five: :whaa: :bs: :evil: :shtf: :wave: :grin: :bump: :!: :laugh: :-o :butt: :-| :hrt: 8-)
:alc: :bow: :cow: :razz: :thank: :soap: :bs2: :roll: :repost: :smile: :bclap: :idea: :jack: :? :trll:
:mrgreen: :flm: :x :duel: :whist: :cat: :cry: :smack: :tup: :-D :wait: ;-) :no: :sad: :talk: :| :hug:
:???: :knll: :beat: :doh:

Cheesehead Craig
04-12-2012, 10:49 PM

When it comes to football, the LFL is much better for that analogy.

Fritz
04-13-2012, 06:24 AM
How true that is.

woodbuck27
04-13-2012, 06:50 AM

Right .... Does the Roster have the talent to suit the scheme.

Is it written in stone there must never be adaption? There must never be flexibility. Must there always be some lame duck scapegoating excuse for this or that ...available in case it's needed?

Once the head is cut off the snake. Should anyone ever count on the body of the snake to accomplish anything?

I swear.... i awoke this morning asking myself why the fricken 3-4 scheme? ... when parts of the puzzle are disappearing from the romper room? Did we have it there for the 3-4 after midseason last year? How did Dom Capers accomodate the loss of Nick Collins but with what TT supplied him. You cannot run that... need for oil... well oiled machine when gears,cogs,pulleys and belts are wearing our..worn out..broke ...or imminantly getting there.

You must never enter denial. Rome wasn't built in a day and it won't crumble in any time fast. and Often NFL teams fall apart far fast. What's to be done? Repair?...it's called the 3-5 year plan.

Should blame be cast up or down the ladder? NO !! It is what it is and now 'it' needs fixing.

Just get it so the ladder can stay parked behind the shed. Fix it. Whatever it will take and is most efficient... get that done. Get it done in a proper time frame without some 'rinky dinky band aid' approach and don't ever water down any potential progress by excluding quality parts...or draft talent with positive attitude and solid character. TT needs some quality parts in this draft, in key positions, to fix an NFL Ranked LAST Defense.

Ted Thompson starts by being REAL.

This isn't ROCKET SCIENCE.

Iron Mike
04-13-2012, 07:04 AM

I think of Bugaloo sex.....

http://millionaireplayboy.com/images/bugaloos1.jpg

woodbuck27
04-13-2012, 07:18 AM
:-P :violin: :bang: :twisted: :satan: :rs: :-) :clap: :?: :jig: :shock: :drma: :neutral: :glug: :lol: :pc:
:worship: :cnf: :oops: :taunt: :flag: :smk: :wink: :pack: :-( :wow: :arrow: :huh: :-? :rock: :crazy:
:eyes: :-x :five: :whaa: :bs: :evil: :shtf: :wave: :grin: :bump: :!: :laugh: :-o :butt: :-| :hrt: 8-)
:alc: :bow: :cow: :razz: :thank: :soap: :bs2: :roll: :repost: :smile: :bclap: :idea: :jack: :? :trll:
:mrgreen: :flm: :x :duel: :whist: :cat: :cry: :smack: :tup: :-D :wait: ;-) :no: :sad: :talk: :| :hug:
:???: :knll: :beat: :doh:

WOW ...Now what can I do with all that!? The potential is limitless !

SnakeLH2006
04-17-2012, 01:22 AM
WOW ...Now what can I do with all that!? The potential is limitless !

How do u jerk off a buck?