GrnBay007
04-15-2012, 03:52 AM
What would be your favorite?

sheepshead
04-15-2012, 07:29 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/hippies.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
04-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Old age begins at 35 in Grnbay007's poll.

I think for a man, the prime of one's life begins in the mid 50's. For women, the peak is at about 19, with several good years to follow.

Madtown's life hit its stride at 12, when he finally got out of school and went into business.

I went with 25-30, those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance forever and a day. We'd lead the life we'd choose, we'd fight and never lose, those were the days, oh yes those were the days.

Scott Campbell
04-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Easy. When the kids were little.

MJZiggy
04-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Easy. When the kids were little.

Funny, I like mine better now. I'm not sure when I'd go back to. Is there really a good time to go back to?

GrnBay007
04-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Old age begins at 35 in Grnbay007's poll.

lol that's not what it was supposed to mean! It was the first poll I ever did with this newer site and I guess I miscounted when I made my selection of how many choices there would be. And then I didn't know how to go back and change it. :) You can write your answer....

GrnBay007
04-15-2012, 10:54 AM
This question was thrown around at work and I was surprised that not one person picked HS.....young and carefree and not strapped down to any responsibilities.

Cleft Crusty
04-15-2012, 02:16 PM
I'd like to go back to before I was born. I haven't felt healthy since then.

HowardRoark
04-15-2012, 07:13 PM
A few years ago, right before he went away to dementia la la land, I ask my Dad that question. He responded without having to think very long, that it was when my brothers and I were in sports while growing up and their involvement in that as parents.

The head coach of my sons’ ski racing club is in his 80s. He was observing me struggling/arguing/parenting my seven year old about something or another……….the stoic Austrian looked me in the eye and said, “these are the best days of your life.” That was it.

I am trying to remember that.

GrnBay007
04-17-2012, 12:20 AM
the stoic Austrian looked me in the eye and said, “these are the best days of your life.” That was it.

I am trying to remember that.

What a wise man!! :)

I was going through some pretty tough times going through my divorce when they were about that age. Looking back on it now, none of that "junk" mattered. The first thing that comes to my mind is the time I spent with my kids. The good and the bad, handled properly, only brings you closer.

SnakeLH2006
04-17-2012, 01:56 AM
College no doubt....crazy parties..crazy girls up for anything..now im dating a college girl up for absolutely everything...but miss the options. Sigh.

sheepshead
04-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Snake, I don't know you at all, but in my experience, anyone that finds it necessary to brag about his fornication activity as much as you do, likely couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a hand full of pardons.

SnakeLH2006
04-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Umm...that's what I do alot...sorry I don't live on PR, Sheep. U talk about jerking off all the time in your posts, so I'm assuming you voted HS.

Upnorth
04-17-2012, 01:02 PM
So not to brag, but I picked the here and now. Awesome wife, 4 awesome kids, have a very profitable business, no in laws live within 1 hour of me. Life can be a dream sweetheart.

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Snake, I don't know you at all, but in my experience, anyone that finds it necessary to brag about his fornication activity as much as you do, likely couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a hand full of pardons.

LOL X 10 good one and i thought you were 'a Conservative'.

Not to insult you snake. For your consideration:

Getting 'it' when your 'getting it' is most important.

George Cumby
04-19-2012, 11:15 AM
So not to brag, but I picked the here and now. Awesome wife, 4 awesome kids, have a very profitable business, no in laws live within 1 hour of me. Life can be a dream sweetheart.

What he said. Just half the kids, awesome wife, fulfilling job.

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 11:29 AM
My whole life has been just as it had to be and I accepted each and every challenge as they came to me. I loved my childhood and teen years. I enjoyed good success in my life and overcame all disappointments.

Awesome post Upnorth. IMO all that matters is the here and now and so much of our past is a mere whirrr. My memory is great and my past was an offering of wisdom.

I've never felt such comfort and true happiness as I have in the past five years.

I met and fell 'in love' with a remarkable woman. Anyone would love her and I'm so fortunate to. My health is very good compared to what I had to overcome back in 2003 when I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem that was eating me alive. My weight and strength has returned and I never have looked or felt better in my life, all things in perspective.

I have lost wonderful loved ones as we all expect to and remain upbeat about life. I try my best to spread a certain message of LOVE... Peace and Harmony and remain optimistic and NOT cynical.

I am one very lucky and happy Irish Canadian. My Green Bay Packers have a bright future.

LIFE is terrific.