PDA

View Full Version : The Official Tailgate for the Pack-Falcons game Saturday

Partial
08-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Alright friends, this weekend I expect to see much improved line play on both sides of the ball. Not only do I think they're going to bring the heat at Michael Vick, but I suspect the offensive linemen are going to man-up and realize they cannot have success with the way they played. This game should be a great test since Atlanta has a dominant pass-rush with the addition of John Abraham.

Players to watch:

Culver
Gardner
Rodgers
Rogers
Carroll
Pickett

So pull up a chair, grab a cold one and a brat, and lets discuss the game!!

MJZiggy
08-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I hope they play a little tougher now that Coach has made it clear that not giving it your all is unacceptable.

Badgepack
08-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Time to start the home field advantage we desperatly need.

MJZiggy
08-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm looking at it this way: even if the line doesn't work together perfectly and demolish the Falcons, we can do nothing but learn from them as they have been running the ZBS for years and while our o-line is standing on the sidelines they can be learning by watching those who have more experience with it. Then they can go back in and crush the Atl D. But who's gonna kick?

GBRulz
08-17-2006, 06:45 PM
damn, I was expecting to see what bar we were all meeting at for actual tailgating :lol:

FavreChild
08-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Can someone please post where one might listen to the game?

Unless things have changed, NFL Network (which I don't get, anyway) is not airing the game live, correct?

GBRulz
08-17-2006, 07:05 PM
FC, try this....

http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass

You can get a free 7 day trial.

FavreChild
08-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Thanks, GBR. I may have to subscribe for the season.

TMJ 620 has live streaming - I assume they are broadcasting the game tomorrow...?

Chester Marcol
08-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Doesn't sound like they allow any pro games to be streamed even if they are airing them on the station.

http://www.620wtmj.com/_content/wtmj/streaming.asp

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-18-2006, 08:34 AM
FC, try this....

dam its 30$ for the season. Believe it or not, thats to rich for my blood.

chewy-bacca
08-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Can someone please post where one might listen to the game?

Unless things have changed, NFL Network (which I don't get, anyway) is not airing the game live, correct?

not live, but it will air Sun. 8AM (est) Im gonna rec. it and check it when I get up.

GBRulz
08-18-2006, 10:23 AM
FC, try this....

Start registering those multiple yahoo or hotmail accounts.... use a free trial each week. I actually know two people that did that all of last season!

Chester Marcol
08-18-2006, 10:40 AM
The solution. Weekends = free cell phone minutes. I'll get the game on the radio and call FavreChild and just leave my phone by the radio. She then can conference in anyone else who doesn't have access. Viola.

Packnut
08-18-2006, 10:43 AM
I like the fact that MM is giving Brett the whole 1st half, (as long as he does'nt get killed).

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-18-2006, 10:44 AM
FC, try this....

Start registering those multiple yahoo or hotmail accounts.... use a free trial each week. I actually know two people that did that all of last season!

LOL, good idea! Girls are so manipulative. :mrgreen:

Packnut
08-18-2006, 10:47 AM
FC, try this....

And so much smarter than we are! :wink:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-18-2006, 10:50 AM
way to suck up packnut :smile:

FavreChild
08-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Chester Marcol, you're my hero. :lol:

Good suggestions, all. Either way, I'll tailgate right here. I'll bring the Red Bull, Little Whiskey is in charge of other libations.

Packnut
08-18-2006, 01:10 PM
way to suck up packnut :smile:

Yeah, after 48 years on this earth, you do learn a few things! :cool:

GBRulz
08-18-2006, 02:56 PM
FC, try this....

You're just bitter that you couldn't think of that on your own using that small bump 3 feet above your ass :mrgreen:

GBRulz
08-18-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm having some friends over tonight to grill out and stuff, but after they leave, I will try to hook up my yahoo messenger so that it streams TV through the webcam feature. I know people that do this.... If I can get it to work, I can just invite people to view my webcam, which actually isn't a webcam at all, it's just hooked into the TV tuner card on my laptop.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-18-2006, 04:06 PM
That would be great! BTW, I have about 4 accounts now. If I get charged 30$ a account am coming back 4u missy :razz:

vince
08-18-2006, 09:55 PM
You get that :idea: set up GBRulz, I will.... :shock: :?:

graciously thank you.

Let us know if it works.

Partial
08-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Alright boys, I think the moral of the story is that the Packers are going to kick some ass and look much improved this week. I think all the tight ends are going to be the primary target, and they are going to be a tough group start to finish.

woodbuck27
08-19-2006, 12:51 AM
FC, try this....

Do you have to give credit card info. GBRulz?

woodbuck27
08-19-2006, 12:53 AM
The solution. Weekends = free cell phone minutes. I'll get the game on the radio and call FavreChild and just leave my phone by the radio. She then can conference in anyone else who doesn't have access. Viola.

Way to GO - BIG GUY !! :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-19-2006, 12:56 AM
FC, try this....

Save your beer bottle money. . . errrrr, get all your older Cousins to save their beer bottle money. :mrgreen:

Guiness
08-19-2006, 06:59 AM
FC, try this....

You're just bitter that you couldn't think of that on your own using that small bump 3 feet above your ass :mrgreen:

Wow PaCkFan_n_MD, I think she likes you! I've never heard her admit that a guy can think with his head (the one on his shoulders) before.

:twisted:

GBRulz
08-19-2006, 09:25 AM
FC, try this....

Wow PaCkFan_n_MD, I think she likes you! I've never heard her admit that a guy can think with his head (the one on his shoulders) before.

lol, damn was it that obvious that I liked him? I'll have to try harder next time :mrgreen:

GBRulz
08-19-2006, 09:27 AM
That would be great! BTW, I have about 4 accounts now. If I get charged 30$ a account am coming back 4u missy :razz:

4 accounts? is the free trial active as soon as you sign up?

I honestly don't know how that works, but if you had to give them ANY CC information at all, you be sure you cancel that BEFORE the 7th day!!

GBRulz
08-19-2006, 09:30 AM
ladies and gentlemen: (sure, even you mad) .....

does anyone know how I can stream my laptop (It has a TV tuner card) so that people can log on and view it? I tried IM stuff and it's not working. I'm guessing I have to set up some sort of video conference type of thing and I have no idea how to do that.

Oh Partial, my love....... you should know how to do this :lol:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Someone help this women! So we out of state people can watch the game. :mrgreen:

Fosco33
08-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Well, Partial should be the guy to ask (among others) on the technical side.

I've used WebEx to do video (presentations) with audio (radio?) before across the country. I think you had to download their program (free?) and just setup a conference bridge (ports?) to have a # of people access the site (linked). One thing I do recall, we had like 100+ people trying to access the site and everything was getting jacked b/c people didn't mute their laptop mikes or have the right setup (security and logins) for it to be smooth.

So, if you try this route, set it up for 25 or less people who all have access and know how to make it work for them.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-19-2006, 11:01 AM
FC, try this....

lol, damn was it that obvious that I liked him? I'll have to try harder next time :mrgreen:

Stop, your making me :oops:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-19-2006, 11:03 AM

4 accounts? is the free trial active as soon as you sign up?

I honestly don't know how that works, but if you had to give them ANY CC information at all, you be sure you cancel that BEFORE the 7th day!!

I meant I have about 4 yahoo accounts setup, so I can use them when the season starts.

CaliforniaCheez
08-19-2006, 11:57 AM
The problem with Field Pass is they only allow 2 hours of the pregame programming. WTMJ and the Packer Radio Network have 3-4 hours and you learn more about what is going on around the league than ANY of those stupid, shallow, snobish, racist, baloney televison broacasts.

If I trusted anyone here enough I would loan my field pass sign in information because I will be at the local sports bar watching the game. I will feel compelled to tip a bit as a Packer fan because last week I caught two Packer fans sitting there watching the game with a pitcher of ice water each. They could give Packer fans a bad name.

Out here there are several places with multiple satellite dishes to get the games. There should be one in every city for football fans. Check the phone book and make some calls.

Hey Twin Cities fans- 1) Is Archies Bunker still in business and 2) Is it still a Packer bar?

Dabaddestbear
08-19-2006, 12:02 PM
the packers Defense may look better against the Falcons in this game. But I predict the O-line will actually look worse than in week 1.

vince
08-19-2006, 01:32 PM
BUMP for Partial to help GBRulz...

Partial? We would LOVE to see the game tonight!

GBRulz
08-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks Fosco, going to try and set up Webex right now. I have attempted to stream video with every IM platform out there to no avail. Let's hope this works.... I'll keep you guys posted.

GBRulz
08-19-2006, 03:20 PM
I need a volunteer to help me test if I have this live feed set up right. Can someone please send me their email address so that I can send you a link to join this video conference?

I'm hoping this works so that some of you out of staters can watch the game tonight.

i'm standing by for volunteers to help me test this....thanks guys!!!

vince
08-19-2006, 03:27 PM
GB, I PM'd you my email, but I'm not sure if I did it right...

Let me know and I'll gladly work with you on this...

vince
08-19-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm downloading the software, GB. I should be in the meeting in a minute or so...

Fosco33
08-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Let me know if this works - if so, I'll take back all the times I sweared at the damn program at work.

GBRulz
08-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks so much Vince for helping me out!

Well, I had two people try it out. One said the video was choppy and the other said it worked just fine. I'm guessing alot is dependent upon your own internet connection.

The downfall is that I can't figure out how to get the sound to go with the streaming video.

Fosco, basically what i'm doing is just going to the "share application" option and sharing my media center, which of course is where the live TV plays through. Is there something else that I should be doing?

Anyhow, the game is broadcast on most CBS stations in state, but if those of you who live outside of WI want to catch a glimpse of the game... send me an email and I'll send you an invite about 20 minutes before game time.

FavreChild
08-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Wow! I'll give it a try - GBR, I sent you an e-mail....

Time to start the tailgate at FC's place. :cool:

GBRulz
08-19-2006, 06:47 PM
ok FC...you should have the invite in your email....

FavreChild
08-19-2006, 06:54 PM
It is working!

THANKS A MILLION! You are da WOMAN!! :cool:

GBRulz
08-19-2006, 06:55 PM
no sound though...damnit.

well, if you have yahoo instant messenger, I can hook you up that way

FavreChild
08-19-2006, 07:00 PM
It's all right - you are doing quite enough!