PDA

View Full Version : My guy this year shocking the draft boards and going in the first

RashanGary
04-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Derek Wolfe.

Beast. Nuff said.

mission
04-17-2012, 10:44 PM
I hope not to the Packers (in the first).

Lurker64
04-17-2012, 11:00 PM
I'd like it if someone took him before the Packers pick, I don't like him this high at all.

If I had to guess on a prospect everybody sees as a day 2 pick sneaking into the first it would be someone like Brian Quick, Alameda Ta'amu, Amini Silatolu, Kevin Zeitler, or Brandon Weeden.

packrulz
04-18-2012, 05:57 AM
I like Wolfe a lot, but not over Poe, Still, Perry, Upshaw, or McClellin. TT might be able to sit tight and get him later, he really only had one good season. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=85022&draftyear=2012&genpos=DT

pittstang5
04-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Derek Wolfe.

Beast. Nuff said.

Justin, I've been waiting for this. I remember your pick last year and for the life of me can't remember who you picked.

On the other hand, I kinda hope your wrong. I'm hoping the Packers can trade up in the 2nd and grab this guy somewhere in the middle of the 2nd.

woodbuck27
04-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Justin, I've been waiting for this. I remember your pick last year and for the life of me can't remember who you picked.

On the other hand, I kinda hope your wrong. I'm hoping the Packers can trade up in the 2nd and grab this guy somewhere in the middle of the 2nd.

is DT (3-4 DE) Derek Wolfe rising that fast?

i had him as a 4th round pick. Outside TOP 100 for sure. The fact is when I study him I like him alot. I certainly felt he had talent to exceed Jared Cricks in a one to one look and it's difficult for me to give that a trusted assessment.

'In fact' ... Internet and media NFL Experts .....LOVE DE Jered Crick compared to DT (3-4 DE) Derek Wolfe.

Lurker64
04-18-2012, 01:25 PM
'In fact' ... Internet and media NFL Experts .....LOVE DE Jered Crick compared to DT (3-4 DE) Derek Wolfe.

Crick is a Love/Hate prospect, you either love him or you hate him. Wolfe is a Like/Like prospect, no matter what you like him. Crick should go either in the 2nd or the 4th, and Wolfe will probably go in the third. If you're looking for a defensive big man Wolfe comes after Cox, Poe, Brockers, Still, Worthy, Reyes, and Thompson at least. This is a fairly deep DT group.

Brandon494
04-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Am I missing something? This guy wont do shit in the NFL. I wouldn't mind Jared Crick though as a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick.

Lurker64
04-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Am I missing something? This guy wont do shit in the NFL.

Wolfe won't have any problem being a rotational DE in a 3-4 or a rotational DT in a 4-3. He's not a starter though, and I would hesitate to take him in round 3.

RashanGary
04-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Two years ago I had Tyson Alu Alu (projected 2nd, went in top 10)
Last year I had James Carpenter (predicted late 2nd/3rd, went in the 1st round)
This year it's Derek Wolfe. All you need to do is watch him play. He's a beast. He's quick. He's stout. He shoves guys around like they don't belong on the field. He's nasty. Great player IMHO.

Lurker64
04-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Next year, will you abstain from making a thread like this extolling your brilliant predictive powers after Derek Wolfe does not go in the first round next week?

Bretsky
04-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Next year, will you abstain from making a thread like this extolling your brilliant predictive powers after Derek Wolfe does not go in the first round next week?

JH's past record is good. I like it when people go out on a limb like this. For every Brooks Reed I called right, there is an Odell Thurman peering right behind him.

If Wolfe is really good JH will have one more year of boasting

Lurker64
04-18-2012, 09:05 PM
JH's past record is good. I like it when people go out on a limb like this. For every Brooks Reed I called right, there is an Odell Thurman peering right behind him.

If Wolfe is really good JH will have one more year of boasting

Here's what I don't mind seeing: "Derek Wolfe has the potential to grow into a really nice defensive lineman, the primary concern with defensive line prospects is motor and Wolfe has that in spades. He needs some sand in his pants to hold up at the point, but this is a passing league and being able to get pressure is at a premium. I think a team can get a lot of snaps out of him, and snaps out of a big man are at a premium so I think a team will fall in love with him."

Here's what I do mind seeing "Derek Wolfe will go in the first, if you watch tape you will see he is a beast. This will happen because I have made accurate predictions in the past."

Joemailman
04-18-2012, 09:11 PM
One of the knocks against Wolfe is that he is seen as a bit of a bit of a DE/DT 'tweener. However, if some team feels his skill set fits well with their defense, he could move up. I see him as a potentially good situational player, which would probably make him a late 3rd/early 4th pick. He'll have to be seen as a potential starter to get picked earlier than the 3rd. Could happen.

Brandon494
04-19-2012, 06:15 AM
JH's past record is good.

That's saying a lot with someone who has the username Justin Harrell and thinks Alex Green will go down as one of the best RBs in Packers' history. :)

Bretsky
04-19-2012, 06:21 AM

James Carpenter...OT...nobody has this guy projectd over Derek Sherrod and most had him in round two or three. Unlike Sherrod he was pretty decent for year one. He went a few picks before Sherrod

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Two years ago I had Tyson Alu Alu (projected 2nd, went in top 10)
Last year I had James Carpenter (predicted late 2nd/3rd, went in the 1st round)
This year it's Derek Wolfe. All you need to do is watch him play. He's a beast. He's quick. He's stout. He shoves guys around like they don't belong on the field. He's nasty. Great player IMHO.

I like Derek Wolfe too. I like other prospects that TT might reasonably select somewhat better.

Will Derek Wolfe rise to be a first round selection? My guess is 'NOT LIKELY' based in my study of this draft class. Having stated that I see whyyou like him.

Derek Wolfe straight out gives errrr. He can be disruptive and nasty in his focus on the field; but that's in College ball.

How will what we see in College video translate to the NFL?

Does he have the speed and strength required to excell or even make a solid contribution to the team that drafts him?

Does he have as importantly the 'right attitude and leadership qualities'?

Your certainly a member here that can assess talent JH. I respect that as a fact given all of our limitations.

I respect your 'Gung ho on Derek Wolfe' attitude too.

Derek Wolfe...First round pick.... ahhhhhh

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 06:56 AM
James Carpenter...OT...nobody has this guy projectd over Derek Sherrod and most had him in round two or three. Unlike Sherrod he was pretty decent for year one. He went a few picks before Sherrod

It can 'only' happen on the day. That day is one week away. Thursday April 26,2012.

Round ONE of the 2012 NFL DRAFT .... Yahooo !

GO TED THOMPSON !

Lurker64
04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Kiper apparently is hearing noise that Wolfe can go in the first. I think if a team does it (I really hope it's not us) they're going to end up regretting it.

But if Kiper's saying something crazy like this, that means he has a source, which means it's not us. Probably San Diego, they do crazy stuff like this.

EDIT: Also JH can't really claim this is a brilliant prediction by him, Mel Kiper had Derek Wolfe in the first round in his April 4 Mock on ESPN.com

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7766381/mel-kiper-fourth-mock-draft-two-rounds