PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Ballgame Press Conference

pbmax
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Less than 15 minutes in:

1 joke, 2 smiles and 2 not going to answer hypotheticals.

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 12:44 PM
LINK please.

That's all I know. (-:

pbmax
04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Not worried about Collins timeline regardless of draft timing.
Not targeting a particular position.
Extra picks do not mean more likely to trade up, thinks it can be more tempting than it deserves.
Thinks Russ Wilson, or any player short of prime measurables, can compensate and succeed. Mentioned their LB DJ Smith. Never say never.
Treats late round picks in the same way, but there are less people in the room and less commotion.
Thinks drafts tend to have the same amount of talent year to year, but not necessarily at same positions (that's my paraphrase of his non answer)
Wishes everyone stayed for full eligibility, but does not hold it against Juniors. Thinks Seniors are easier to project.
Not worried about backup QB right now, fine with Harrell.
2nd joke, asked about focus on defense he said we do not do it that way, we look for long term investment in player. Maybe subconsciously we favor needs. :lol:
Always talk to player before turning in card, sometimes they go through all phone numbers and have to have Russ call the agent. Told a story (not his team) that after drafting a player he had had back surgery and team was furious. Player turned out OK according to story.
3rd joke, wants player to be excited on the phone. "Has anyone ever failed to be excited?" Big smile, no they are usually pretty pumped up.

pbmax
04-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Sorry wood. Packers.com as usual.

Lurker64
04-19-2012, 01:16 PM
I watched that on Packers.com, and I could not stop laughing. Ted is probably the funniest man in the NFL.

woodbuck27
04-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Sorry wood. Packers.com as usual.

Thanks pbmax.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/live-webcast-schedule.html