View Full Version : 2012 Round 3 Mock Draft Poll

packrulz
04-21-2012, 07:05 AM
These are who the Packers have selected so far:
Round 1: Devon Still, DT, Penn State
Round 2: Bruce Irvin, DE, West Virginia

Brandon494
04-21-2012, 09:17 AM
I voted for LaMichael James to give our offense that one thing its missing and help in the return game. He has the talent to be what Daren Sproles is for that Saints.

Joemailman
04-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Ben Jones is the best value here and will be a starter in a year or two.

Brandon494
04-21-2012, 04:07 PM
OVERVIEW

Jones has started at center since arriving at Georgia. He is a leader on the field who made all the calls up front for the Bulldogs. He is a savvy player who doesn't have great athletic ability but understands angles when blocking and plays to his strengths. He is a reliable backup option early on and worthy of a sixth-round pick.

STRENGTHS Jones is very good at staying with his blocks and sealing off defenders in the run game. He has trouble moving defenders backward but is efficient in how he mirrors and can seal at the last second to create a hole. He is similar when pass blocking -- he understands his strengths and sets early to stall bull rushers.

WEAKNESSES Jones has trouble with his footwork in many aspects of the game. He is savvy enough to overcome it, but is exposed when he is in open space attempting to pull, where his feet can get very choppy. He is a very non-explosive blocker who relies on his ability to mirror and his overall strength.

packrulz
04-22-2012, 05:14 AM
I voted for Robinson as OLB but he can play, has played, any LB position, I like his intensity.

Bretsky
04-22-2012, 08:26 AM
I'd be fine with Robinson or James but with what we have so far I'm going for another LB

wist43
04-22-2012, 08:38 AM
I voted for LaMichael James to give our offense that one thing its missing and help in the return game. He has the talent to be what Daren Sproles is for that Saints.

The Packers never go for the Sproles, Ray Rice, MJD type of back. They want their RB's to be somewhat interchangable, and first and foremost they have to be able to block.

I'm a big fan of the scat back, and wish the Packers would make an effort to insert a scat back package in their offense... but it will never happen.

woodbuck27
04-22-2012, 08:42 AM

I thought so too but i was informed that LaMichael James has a *deficiency.

* That he cannot block.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaMichael_James

Does what your reading about this prospect support that as a fact?

He does look good in 'Green and GOLD'. (-:

GO PACK GO !

wist43
04-22-2012, 08:52 AM
I voted for Robinson as OLB but he can play, has played, any LB position, I like his intensity.

Robinson is a "run around" player; he plays soft. He won't set the edge and shed, he will always try to run around the block to the outside.

He looks the part athletically and physically, but I don't think you can teach toughness or instincts. Robinson looks good getting off the bus, but I think he will be a coach killer in the NFL.

wist43
04-22-2012, 09:16 AM
After looking thru that list the only guy I see as being draftable for the Packers would be Winn, and maybe Jones. Everybody else either doesn't fit the scheme/philosophy, or their shortcomings are so glaring that I can't see TT taking them that early.

That said, the Packers are a very soft team... very much about finesse. A player that has a reputation for finesse and avoiding contact is not a disqualifier for TT; nor is it a factor as to whether a player can contribute immediately - TT drafts players to develop them... when they actually get on the field and contribute is not a consideration and is purely incidental.

packrulz
04-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Robinson is a "run around" player; he plays soft. He won't set the edge and shed, he will always try to run around the block to the outside.

He looks the part athletically and physically, but I don't think you can teach toughness or instincts. Robinson looks good getting off the bus, but I think he will be a coach killer in the NFL.

Of course he tries to run around the block to the outside, so does Clay Matthews. He sure looks the part on this clip, you see him shed blocks, and he gets a pick so he can cover too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGAZQko2lEA