PDA

View Full Version : "Offseason Winners and Losers

Bretsky
04-22-2012, 09:53 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nfl-offseason-winners-losers--peyton-manning-boosts-broncos--defections-hurt-colts.html?fb_action_ids=416857381657739&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_ref=type%3Aread%2Cuser%3AHK2f-FJ8cMZnBejE-Xlye3Jm0A4&fb_source=other_multiline&code=AQDuYUE1_qyRJfwymCG1F8JxstQ7WOLb9ndspPlt7g4H2 2_ZzRSrAx-SlklWM16NMWS_mdQsACt1TjorIAKxtXpj83bpXZZqwybMMYyGK 2ctHIrkPkyS41W_e2SNeDZ8fhIXHmYQl-2YFyYjzdA1tL6JTLXzx7szJ2K7IYOt80V6F8WYeVUJUp6iXtzg cbdbISQ#_=_

Green Bay ended up in the spot they normally are :)

I could still see TT throwing some cheap money at a Safety though

Scott Campbell
04-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Green Bay ended up in the spot they normally are :)

I could still see TT throwing some cheap money at a Safety though

I didn't even see GB mentioned.

Did San Diego end up on the Losers List for signing Atari Bigby?

Joemailman
04-22-2012, 10:50 AM
The guy who wrote this article, last year wrote under the headline: Asomugha makes Eagles instant title favorites

The Eagles have the potential to line up the greatest trio of cornerbacks in NFL history after acquiring Nnamdi Asomugha(notes) on Friday to go with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie(notes), who arrived Thursday in the Kevin Kolb(notes) deal, and Asante Samuel(notes), who is under contract. Heck, DRC and Samuel were good enough. Even if Samuel gets traded, the Eagles have the best cover duo in the league.
Sure, New England made interesting moves Thursday to get Albert Haynesworth(notes) and Chad Ochocinco(notes). But in both those cases, the Patriots gambled on rehabbing damaged goods. The Eagles have sure things on their hands.

http://sports.yahoo.com/author/jason-cole/archive/16.html

Bretsky
04-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I didn't even see GB mentioned.

Did San Diego end up on the Losers List for signing Atari Bigby?

That was my point; most years GB does not show up on the winners or losers; they just draft well

Bretsky
04-22-2012, 03:32 PM
The guy who wrote this article, last year wrote under the headline: Asomugha makes Eagles instant title favorites

The Eagles have the potential to line up the greatest trio of cornerbacks in NFL history after acquiring Nnamdi Asomugha(notes) on Friday to go with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie(notes), who arrived Thursday in the Kevin Kolb(notes) deal, and Asante Samuel(notes), who is under contract. Heck, DRC and Samuel were good enough. Even if Samuel gets traded, the Eagles have the best cover duo in the league.
Sure, New England made interesting moves Thursday to get Albert Haynesworth(notes) and Chad Ochocinco(notes). But in both those cases, the Patriots gambled on rehabbing damaged goods. The Eagles have sure things on their hands.

http://sports.yahoo.com/author/jason-cole/archive/16.html

Don't be surprised if the Eagles are one of the top teams in the NFL this year; with so many changes I really think they were hurt from the lockout as much as any team in the NFL

Upnorth
04-22-2012, 04:43 PM
One thing I will give credit to the writer for, he knows his audience. A lot of fans still like it when a team over pays for some FA. We are an exception in the off season not the rule, and most people dont like to stray from the beaten path. Occasionally the big name FA pays off, and then the writers can talk about that, but it is hard to write a story about nothing and get page views.