PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me?

Packnut
08-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I just caught the best of Mike & Mike and Greeny did a small thing on Favre. Now he said Brett is without a doubt a 1st ballot HOF, but he compared him to Nolan Ryan saying Brett is perceived better then he really is because everyone loves him. He stated Favre does not belong up there with Marino or Montana or a few others.

As some of you know, I have had rather spirited debates on the other forum over Favre and what happened last season. My arguement always has been that to many people including the experts give way to much credit or blame to QB's. My opinion and may-be I'm wrong on this, is that QB's are as good or bad as the talent that surrounds them most of the time.

Favre would have had HUGE #'s with Duper and Clayton. I can only imagine what he could have done with the talent Montana had. Why is it that this part of the equation, which I view as critical, escapes so many?

My contention is that Favre has done more with less then any of the top ranked QB's. If you recall, the talent level was'nt all that great the first few years. Our O-line was'nt made of household names and even under Sherman the O-line came into it's own during the last 3 yrs they were together.

Let's also look at the talent of WR's Brett has had. I love Robert Brooks to death, but really did'nt Favre make him better than he was? Same goes for Freeman, Schroedor and all the others that have come and gone. The way I see it, he's really only had 3 blue chip WR's, Sharpe, Driver and Walker.

Another thing that bothers me is all those other top ranked QB's had genious's for coaches. I classify Holmgren as one of the great coaches, but no one can put Sherman in that class.

Let's look at another factor which is where the QB played and the effect weather had. Marino for the most part played in the best conditions a QB could ask for. Montana did'nt exactly play in 30 degree weather either.

My whole point is there should be a lot of factors that go into how great a QB is. I don't know, may-be I'm just blinded due to the emotional attachment I have with #4. One last note, Greenberg did say Wingo called him and told him he was an idiot and knew nothing about football due to his Favre comments. I just started liking Trey a whole bunch!

BananaMan
08-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Nice post. I agree with a lot of what you said.

The stats can easily back up your case.

Just dumb on Mike's part.

ahaha
08-17-2006, 06:11 PM
He made one comment about Favre not even being in the conversation for "Greatest Quarterback". That's bullshit! Three MVP's gets him into that discussion(among other attributes). You may not agree he's the best ever, but you have to put him in the group of legitimate candidates.

Packnut
08-17-2006, 06:11 PM
I think his stong suit is baseball.

Packnut
08-17-2006, 06:13 PM
He made one comment about Favre not even being in the conversation for "Greatest Quarterback". That's bullshit! Three MVP's gets him into that discussion(among other attributes). You may not agree he's the best ever, but you have to put him in the group of legitimate candidates.

I think the "experts" problem is they focus to much on the last couple of years and find a way to forget those MVP seasons.

hurleyfan
08-17-2006, 06:17 PM
What would all those ESPN jerk off's be saying if Favre had been in Aikman's place?

With all that talent at WR / TE / RB and OL, would he still be getting shortchanged??

If Brett Favre is not FIRST BALLOT HOF, or in the TOP F'ING TEN QB's of all time, then there's something seriously wrong with all this media crap!

BallHawk
08-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Which Mike was it? The fat, obnoxious one who knows about as Football as Joe Thiesmann when he's liquored up. Ok, come to think of it, it was defintely him. Only that fat piece of crap would say something so iradical. Mike Golic, Sean Salisbury, Michael Irvin, John Kruk, and Stuart Scott should all be damned to hell.

MadtownPacker
08-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Favre should become an announcer. Maybe he can make it into the HOF that way.

SkinBasket
08-17-2006, 08:34 PM
People forget how absolutely fricken amazing Brett was while he was at his peak. It's natural. If you rewind past last season, and especially back ot the vicodin days, he did things that people had never seen before.

Of course fat fuckers paid to talk football can't remember two weeks ago, much less 5-10 years ago. Goddamn it has been a long, long time.

BallHawk
08-17-2006, 10:16 PM
http://rlrassociates.net/images/bbb_Golic.jpg http://www.all-creatures.org/saen/monkey-face-02_small.jpg

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Brett Favre will be a first ballot HOFer for way too many reasons to go over again.

The Great fans of "the GREEN BAY PACKERS" certainly know that, and screw the Theismann's and Irvin's. They have to have something to go on about.

Michael Irvin makes me nearly vomit with his BS. He acted like an idiot in his anti-Favre BS last year, and Dan Marino and Steve Young almost embarassed his clam face with their positive pronouncements on Brett Favre.

I've more than once watched Terry Bradshaw go so far to say, that Favre is the Best QB he's seen. As long as a man is respected by his sensable peers and his fans, and he lays it on the line as Brett Favre does game after game - season after season. What does it mattter what some media say negative about Brett?

I've never seen a better competitor than Brett Favre, and I have watched alot of wonderfully talented PRO athletes. My Hero's have been Henry "Hank" Aaron and Frank "The BIg M" Mahovlich and Guy Lafleur - all at the top in their sports ALL Time and it's all about Brett Favre for me. He's special Packer fans. Enjoy him for all it's worth because soon he'll say good bye.

Well . . . sometime early in the next decade. :mrgreen:

Brett Favre's OURS !!! He's a certain first ballot HOFer. To say otherwise is plain, I hate to say this . . . but yes. . . that's DUMB.

FIRST BALLOT HOFer?? Someone questions that and they understand and love the NFL ??????? Uhhhhhh. . as I shake my head.

TRUST THAT BRETT FAVRE IS A FIRST BALLOT HOFer. [/b]

Terry
08-18-2006, 08:27 AM
I think the "experts" problem is they focus to much on the last couple of years and find a way to forget those MVP seasons.

That's the age you live in. It's a problem that's widespread and extends to just about everything.

With no history, one is caught in the whirlwinds of the present.

I've never seen a better competitor than Brett Favre, and I have watched alot of wonderfully talented PRO athletes. My Hero's have been Henry "Hank" Aaron and Frank "The BIg M" Mahovlich and Guy Lafleur - all at the top in their sports ALL Time and it's all about Brett Favre for me. He's special Packer fans. Enjoy him for all it's worth because soon he'll say good bye.

Ahh, Hank Aaron, does that bring back memories! I can remember all those games as a kid, box seats, watching Aaron, Matthews, Spahn, and the rest of them. Aaron was an amazing player - still, it took him one and a half times as many games as Ruth played to beat his HR record.

BlueBrewer
08-18-2006, 08:34 AM
http://rlrassociates.net/images/bbb_Golic.jpg http://www.all-creatures.org/saen/monkey-face-02_small.jpg

It was Mike Greenberg, Golik is a Favre guy. Greenberg just wanted some attention.