PDA

View Full Version : Draft rumors

ND72
04-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Just read that St. Louis and Minnesota are discussing a trade. St. Louis would move up to 3, Minny down to 6. St. Louis, reportedly covets Trent Richardson, and the Vikes don't want to take Kalil so high.

So what does St. Louis give up to move back to 1 spot lower than they had before? If I'm STL, knowing how bad my team is, I don't trade up, I keep every pick I have and build that team. Also, what happens then with Steven Jackson? I know he's not a young guy anymore, and he's taken his share of hits, but he still has some legs left in him.

Anything else we're hearing?

Cheesehead Craig
04-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I thought that St. Louis really wanted Blackmon. Bit of a twist to the story as I knew it.

Tony Oday
04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
They release Jackson and he signs with the Pack...I can dream right?

Upnorth
04-25-2012, 09:59 AM
ND, if your the STL GM you did the right thing, however there is a reason that the Lambs have been so poor lately (or at least since Warner left) and GM is part of it. Stupid is as stupid does.

woodbuck27
04-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Just read that St. Louis and Minnesota are discussing a trade. St. Louis would move up to 3, Minny down to 6. St. Louis, reportedly covets Trent Richardson, and the Vikes don't want to take Kalil so high.

So what does St. Louis give up to move back to 1 spot lower than they had before? If I'm STL, knowing how bad my team is, I don't trade up, I keep every pick I have and build that team. Also, what happens then with Steven Jackson? I know he's not a young guy anymore, and he's taken his share of hits, but he still has some legs left in him.

Anything else we're hearing?

It came out yesterday that the RAMs want to go RB and 'the top RB available' and he's solid is Trent Richardson.The RAMS will'of course' place Steven Jackson on the trading block for maybe 'a fourth'.

The problem is his $7 Million$ cap hit.

Minny is playing games and the RAMS need patience and will 'of course' get heir RB if needed anyway. The Vikings will pick Matt Kalil and RAMS Trent Richardson so that rumor is a sham.

It won't happen. Just the silly media>>>Pre Draft Hype.

pbmax
04-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Now the rumors are really hitting the fan.

Report: Burfict, Hosley failed drug tests at Combine (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/report-burfict-hosley-failed-drug-tests-at-combine/)

woodbuck27
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82895573/article/rams-dispute-steven-jackson-report-jackson-taken-aback

Steven Jackson 'taken aback' by Rams rumors (http://www.google.ca/url?url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82895573/article/rams-dispute-steven-jackson-report-jackson-taken-aback&rct=j&sa=X&ei=MyuYT_zsLILW0QGL5-mDBw&ved=0CC8Q-AsoADAB&q=steven+jackson&usg=AFQjCNGqsQlgSG4cjbhCqmF5tixp2hnn4Q)‎ >>>> NFL News

Fritz
04-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Here's a rumor I heard this morning: The Vikes are making up this sudden interest in Richardson or the corner (can't remember his name) so that Tampa, which needs badly a RB and a CB, will panic that neither Richardson or the corner (is it the guy Claiborne?) will be there for them, and will thus swap with Minny to get what they want.

woodbuck27
04-25-2012, 01:18 PM

Report: Burfict, Hosley failed drug tests at Combine (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/report-burfict-hosley-failed-drug-tests-at-combine/)

Alot of media still had Vontaze Burfict as going as early as the third. That's 'a kick in the nuts' news for his hopes of going that high.

Some people just cannot get out of the way of themselves. Always pissin' into the wind.

Bossman641
04-25-2012, 01:19 PM
It came out yesterday that the RAMs want to go RB and 'the top RB available' and he's solid is Trent Richardson.The RAMS will'of course' place Steven Jackson on the trading block for maybe 'a fourth'.

The problem is his $7 Million$ cap hit.

Minny is playing games and the RAMS need patience and will 'of course' get heir RB if needed anyway. The Vikings will pick Matt Kalil and RAMS Trent Richardson so that rumor is a sham.

It won't happen. Just the silly media>>>Pre Draft Hype.

I don't see Richardson getting all the way to pick 6.

ND72
04-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Here's a rumor I heard this morning: The Vikes are making up this sudden interest in Richardson or the corner (can't remember his name) so that Tampa, which needs badly a RB and a CB, will panic that neither Richardson or the corner (is it the guy Claiborne?) will be there for them, and will thus swap with Minny to get what they want.

Actually heard that as well. They are threatening to take claiborne to get a trade and take Kalil a few picks back.

Cheesehead Craig
04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Maybe the Vikes will try and bluff too hard and not turn their pick in on time again. That would be hysterical.

Bossman641
04-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Apparently the Jets have interest in moving up for Richardson although I have a hard time seeing them moving up from #16.

ND72
04-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Apparently the Jets have interest in moving up for Richardson although I have a hard time seeing them moving up from #16.

See 2011 Falcons/Browns trade?

Smeefers
04-25-2012, 01:29 PM

The falcons moved from waaay back in the draft into the top 10. 10 spots up is gonna cost ya, but it's not going to cost you next years #1.

Bossman641
04-25-2012, 01:29 PM

True. If I'm Cleveland I would do that in a minute. As an outsider though, I think the Jets are a lot more than a stud RB away from being a contender.

woodbuck27
04-25-2012, 01:30 PM

hi Fritz:

No. 1 prospect at CB. Morris Claiborne 97 Grade out of LSU.

Actually not a bad pick for Minny and this talented CB and LT Matt Kalil and RB Trent Richardson all have the same grade.

It seems to me as iff Minny is playing 'the draft game'. Want what you are supposed to think I will take and 'offer to trade up'. How hungry are you...because ....I have food for you for a price. What do they have ? ten picks and in their status more picks, especially in this draft can't hurt them.

How good is Kalil.That's all the Queens need to ask themselves. If he's as good as it seems he's 'an all day grab' at LT. Get the CB later .

Minny is 'in Re-build Mode'. They certainly would be prudent, as any team would be. To trade down in this draft. Its deep to about the #45-50 slot and then it gets more vanilla. So many prospects that have this or that 'Red Flag'.

It's tough to find good help today. (-:

GO Teddy !

Scott Campbell
04-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Actually heard that as well. They are threatening to take claiborne to get a trade and take Kalil a few picks back.

They really need to provide more time for Ponder to throw it to Woodson.

ND72
04-25-2012, 01:37 PM
They really need to provide more time for Ponder to throw it to Woodson.

buddy of mine said it the best today, if they take the CB, he is insignificant right now because of how bad that defense is. If you take a LT, you plug him in and he is significant right away. But what do I care, I hope the vikes mess it up.

woodbuck27
04-25-2012, 01:43 PM

I see the Jets going hard in this draft to need and to offense.

Round One:

Riley Reiff - OT - Iowa is a solid possible option.

Guiness
04-25-2012, 01:52 PM

I saw that. Some kind of a train wreck Burfict has gotten himself into, from 'set for life' to 50/50 chance he's stocking grocery store shelves this time next year. And 50/50 is being nice.

He'll definitely end up in someone's camp, too much talent for anything else to happen. For his sake, I hope he gets his act together by then.

Guiness
04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I could see some movement in picks 3-5, the players rated there (Kalil, Richardson, Clairborne) do seem to have similar grades. That leaves St-Louis just on the outside if they want one of those talents. Or are they? Where does Blackmon rank, is he below that tier?

On the other hand, going more than a little later might have its advantages?
Woman sets her scandalous eyes on next Mr. Irrelevant

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82896421/article/woman-sets-her-scandalous-eyes-on-next-mr-irrelevant

Fritz
04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
The Jets are that "SPLASH" team right now - make the big trades, make the big news. It's that swashbuckling thing, the opposite of Thompson.

Guiness
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
More insanity. A room full of talking heads has Richardson falling to #9!
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/media-mock-drafts?campaign=Twitter_videos#pick=9

Upnorth
04-25-2012, 02:42 PM

He could fit with Cleveland, TB and Miami, however the popularity of getting RB's later in the draft is growing, so he might slip. I doubt he makes it to 9, but it is possible. I would hate to see CAR get him, talk about a potent running game, wow.

pbmax
04-25-2012, 03:51 PM
pft.com is getting tips left and right. Dolphins not expected to trade up for Tannehill. J Jankins off a number of team boards (Twitter started cursing about this one as they envision him falling to the Packers :lol: ) Mark Barron will not make it to Cowboys at #14.

Cheesehead Craig
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
There's also a rumor that I'll be enjoying some Kemp's Carmel Crunch Ice Cream while checking in on the draft. Some say it will be Cookies N Cream while the way out picks are that it will be the French Silk. We'll just have to find out come draft time.

Upnorth
04-25-2012, 04:11 PM
There's also a rumor that I'll be enjoying some Kemp's Carmel Crunch Ice Cream while checking in on the draft. Some say it will be Cookies N Cream while the way out picks are that it will be the French Silk. We'll just have to find out come draft time.

Has anyone commented on sprinkles vrs syrup yet? I have an insider tip that you like nuts on yours.

Fritz
04-25-2012, 04:54 PM
pft.com is getting tips left and right. Dolphins not expected to trade up for Tannehill. J Jankins off a number of team boards (Twitter started cursing about this one as they envision him falling to the Packers :lol: ) Mark Barron will not make it to Cowboys at #14.

The sports radio talking heads in Detroit are floating a Mike Mayock scenario (I think it's his) that has the Leos taking Janoris Jenkins at #23, or trading up in the second round if he's still around beginning at the 12 - 15 range of the second round.

The talking heads are getting a metaphorical boner talking about this.

And then an idiotic fan chimed in with the typical dumb-ass trade idea: "Hey, why don't they trade Cliff Avril to the Patriots for their first round pick?"

ThunderDan
04-25-2012, 04:57 PM

Just heard on the radio that STL is looking to trade up to 3 with MINN to get Richardson.

Guiness
04-25-2012, 05:26 PM

I don't think Tannehill should be in a conversation that high up the board? But he's the 3rd QB in the draft, so his stock is inflated. Good chance that will result in a reach and probably a burned first round choice when more proven talents are available.

lol @ Jankins. You had me searching for that, and all I found was a Bulldog freshman NT named John Jankins! The search showed Janoris's last name with both spellings, including one site that had both spellings in the same article.

Guiness
04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Just heard on the radio that STL is looking to trade up to 3 with MINN to get Richardson.
ROFL!

If you check the video I posted, Marshal Faulk is drafting for the Rams, and he said there was no way they take Richardson, because he knew for a fact that Jackson would not/could not play with another feature back. The others questioned him about that, and he said he knew it for a fact.

Fritz
04-25-2012, 05:29 PM
So is St. Louis fuck-up central, then?

Joemailman
04-25-2012, 05:44 PM
So is St. Louis fuck-up central, then?

No. When they traded down from 2 to 6, they received Washington's 2nd round pick (#39), and Washington's 1st round picks is 2013 and 2014. They'd likely have to give up one of their 2nd round picks to move from 6 to 3. So they get Richardson, still have a high 2nd round pick, and have 2 1st round picks the next 2 years. Not bad in my opinion.

I think it's a good deal for the Vikings as well.

pbmax
04-25-2012, 07:04 PM
I don't think Tannehill should be in a conversation that high up the board? But he's the 3rd QB in the draft, so his stock is inflated. Good chance that will result in a reach and probably a burned first round choice when more proven talents are available.

lol @ Jankins. You had me searching for that, and all I found was a Bulldog freshman NT named John Jankins! The search showed Janoris's last name with both spellings, including one site that had both spellings in the same article.

The fun part of PFT this time of year is that yesterday they reported that Tannehill might fall past pick 20.

ND72
04-25-2012, 07:05 PM

That's how we started this thread ;)

LP
04-25-2012, 07:16 PM
As an outsider though, I think the Jets are a lot more than a stud RB away from being a contender.

I would think a coach and a quarterback should be high on their list.

pbmax
04-25-2012, 07:23 PM
I would think a coach and a quarterback should be high on their list.

:rs:

Nice!

Joemailman
04-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Ted Thompson will release a photo of his draft board prior to the draft so we can all follow along.

pbmax
04-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Ted Thompson will release a photo of his draft board prior to the draft so we can all follow along.

It was tremendous fun when Jerry did two years ago.

pbmax
04-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Buffalo is publicly clamoring to go up to #3 (for their first and second I guess) for the Vikings pick.

Jets no unlikely to trade up for Trent Richardson unless Rex gets indigestion and wants to call it an early day.

All from Twitter and PFT.

ND72
04-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Buffalo is publicly clamoring to go up to #3 (for their first and second I guess) for the Vikings pick.

Jets no unlikely to trade up for Trent Richardson unless Rex gets indigestion and wants to call it an early day.

All from Twitter and PFT.

Read that tonight as well....you'd think minny could get many picks on that...

Guiness
04-25-2012, 10:15 PM
No. When they traded down from 2 to 6, they received Washington's 2nd round pick (#39), and Washington's 1st round picks is 2013 and 2014. They'd likely have to give up one of their 2nd round picks to move from 6 to 3. So they get Richardson, still have a high 2nd round pick, and have 2 1st round picks the next 2 years. Not bad in my opinion.

I think it's a good deal for the Vikings as well.

Ok, explain to me why moving from 6 to 2 cost Washington those three picks, but moving back to 3 (just one spot lower!) would only cost them their 2nd rounder????

I don't doubt it, you probably have it right. But wow something is not right with that! I don't care that picks are de-valued by a round if they're a year later, Washington is going to be sorry if they have to watch the first round from the bleachers the next two years.

Joemailman
04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Ok, explain to me why moving from 6 to 2 cost Washington those three picks, but moving back to 3 (just one spot lower!) would only cost them their 2nd rounder????

I don't doubt it, you probably have it right. But wow something is not right with that! I don't care that picks are de-valued by a round if they're a year later, Washington is going to be sorry if they have to watch the first round from the bleachers the next two years.

Because Washington is crazy. :lol: I guess they thought enough of RGIII to give up that much. And maybe the Vikings will ask more than a 2nd to move down 3 spots. If so, I wouldn't do it if I were St. Louis. Richardson is a great back, but you can win a Super Bowl without one.

ND72
04-25-2012, 10:30 PM

1 huge reason, franchise QB

ThunderDan
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
That's how we started this thread ;)

Then it has a nice symetry to it!

Guiness
04-25-2012, 11:38 PM
1 huge reason, franchise QB

Ya, I get the feeling that the price for Washington was exponentially higher because it was RGIII they wanted than it would've been if they were moving up to #3 for, say, Kalil.

wootah
04-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Here's one I'll start myself. With all the St.Louis moving up to draft Richardson talk, and Steven Jackson not liking it, what about the odds of TT trading for him? It could make sense because our backfield at the moment is far from proven with Saine, Green & Starks. Plus a couple of years ago there were some rumors about TT liking SJax a lot and informing for a trade.

On the flipside, there are rumors about him wanting a new deal, and I find it hard to believe TT will show him the money.

ND72
04-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Rumor mills are just flying right now with this team moving and that team moving...at this point I'd take it as all BS, even Bill Polian said any trades have likely arleady been finalized or researched, so any "new" information might just be postering.

Pugger
04-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Here's one I'll start myself. With all the St.Louis moving up to draft Richardson talk, and Steven Jackson not liking it, what about the odds of TT trading for him? It could make sense because our backfield at the moment is far from proven with Saine, Green & Starks. Plus a couple of years ago there were some rumors about TT liking SJax a lot and informing for a trade.

On the flipside, there are rumors about him wanting a new deal, and I find it hard to believe TT will show him the money.

Isn't Jackson getting a little long in the tooth...?

wootah
04-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Isn't Jackson getting a little long in the tooth...?

He'll be 29 shortly, and there are plenty of miles on those tires. With Richardson going to the Browns this rumor faced its swift demise.