PDA

View Full Version : Who WILL TT Draft In The 1st Round?

Joemailman
04-25-2012, 05:16 PM
This is not a preference poll. It's prediction time. Which player follows in the footsteps of Aaron Rodgers, A.J. Hawk, Justin Harrell, B.J. Raji, Clay Matthews, Brian Bulaga and Derek Sherrod?

sharpe1027
04-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Jerel Worthy.

Joemailman
04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
I think Worthy as well.

Upnorth
04-25-2012, 05:42 PM
I want a pass rusher like Mclelin, but I voted for Konz as this is TT we are talking about and if we expect pass rush we will probably get OL.

Great now i'm sounding like wist

Smidgeon
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
I voted "Other". I figure it's just as likely. :D

Joemailman
04-25-2012, 05:49 PM
I voted "Other". I figure it's just as likely. :D

Come on! You have to tell us who "Other" is!

3irty1
04-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I voted Worthy as well. Unless something good falls at OLB, one of those DE's will be the best value.

Fritz
04-25-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgJkLniLpfU&feature=related

But is he Worthy?

sharpe1027
04-25-2012, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgJkLniLpfU&feature=related

But is he Worthy?

He is Worthy. At least in name, if not otherwise.

Brandon494
04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
I have a feeling TT might actually trade up so I went with other.

packrulz
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Other: Nick Perry

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Nick Collins

Smidgeon
04-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Come on! You have to tell us who "Other" is!

I'm not that smart. So I'll abstain.

Cheesehead Craig
04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
You beat me to making this thread as I was going to wait until tomorrow and have people state who they think TT will take.

I want him to trade up for Ingram, but I think he'll take Mercilus

Brandon494
04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't know if any follows UFC at all but Chandler Jones is the younger brother of UFC champion Jon Bones Jones and also has another brother in the NFL. Just found that out and thought that was pretty interesting.

George Cumby
04-25-2012, 09:14 PM

+1

RashanGary
04-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Derek Wolfe :) :)

I'd take a side of Shea McClellin.

RashanGary
04-25-2012, 09:15 PM

Was talkin to Smeefers at work today. I said the same thing. I could see us going for a big time player at DE or OLB.

ND72
04-25-2012, 09:55 PM

I think he will trade up for Shae personally

Lurker64
04-26-2012, 02:42 AM
Kendall Reyes.

packrulz
04-26-2012, 05:24 AM
No matter what, there will be some really good players on the board when the Packers pick. McShay says this draft is deep at DT, RB, & WR.

pack4to84
04-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Nick Perry.

ND72
04-26-2012, 08:52 AM
No matter what, there will be some really good players on the board when the Packers pick. McShay says this draft is deep at DT, RB, & WR.

So true...If you look at who could be sitting there at 28, Teddy actually has to smile because a good portion of the DT/DE and OLB guys are all gonna be sitting there for him to truly pick who his top guy is...IF that's what he wants.

Smeefers
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
I said he'd trade out of the first. I just think there's too many guys who are pretty much the same guy. If TT could get an extra pick for the 5th best OLB or DE, he'll do it.

Smidgeon
04-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Actually, now that almost every mock draft out there has the Packers taking Shea, he's starting to lose the polish for me. Last time everyone mocked someone so consistently to the Packers that they got was Hawk. (Yes, Bulaga and Sherrod were too, but not as much as Hawk or Shea).

Pugger
04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm afraid all these coveted pass rushers will be gone by 28 or not a good value there and should be taken later so I chose Harrison Smith.

PackerPro42
04-26-2012, 10:11 AM
I would like to see Courtney Upshaw. He is by far the best 3-4 olb prospect in the draft and put up good numbers at Alabama. Due to "poor" workouts however he is now projected to fall to the late first. I'm on the same boat as Brandon in thinking that TT will trade up; and I think it may be for upshaw.

Another intereting note; Upshaw's projection is slipping as some experts feel he's limited in what kind of defense he can play. However, it seems that everyone agrees that he's a great fit for GB.

mraynrand
04-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Who is this guy Other? Is he related to the 'Blind side' OT for the Ravens?

Pugger
04-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Upshaw would be a great fit but would he still be on the board at #28? :cnf:

PackerPro42
04-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Upshaw would be a great fit but would he still be on the board at #28? :cnf:

Possibly not. That's why suggested a trade up. However, that's not that appealing as I think this class is extremely deep and I would prefer a trade back. I thunk an appealing player in te early second would be Dre Kirkpatrick. With the recent announcement that the packers will release Collins, I feel like Kirkpatrick would be a terrific prospect to convert to the safety position.

p.s.- I'm not an Alabama homer.

Scott Campbell
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Possibly not. That's why suggested a trade up. However, that's not that appealing as I think this class is extremely deep and I would prefer a trade back. I thunk an appealing player in te early second would be Dre Kirkpatrick. With the recent announcement that the packers will release Collins, I feel like Kirkpatrick would be a terrific prospect to convert to the safety position.

We've had pretty good luck with Alabama players.

Smidgeon
04-26-2012, 02:24 PM

Hasn't Kirkpatrick been mocked mid-first?

I did notice one of the JS writers saying to pay attention if Kirkpatrick begins to slip. Don't know if it was educated "reading between the lines" or a guess out of nowhere.

denverYooper
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm afraid all these coveted pass rushers will be gone by 28 or not a good value there and should be taken later so I chose Harrison Smith.

I'm thinking Harrison Smith too now that they've released Collins. And for the reason that you state: the top tier of pass rushers will likely be gone and there're likely enough in the second tier for them to feel they can grab one in the 2nd.

Zool
04-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Someone will fall further than expected and we'll trade out of the spot. Dammit I should have thought more about my vote.

SavedByGrace
04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I, too, think TT will trade up. I just think he has too many draft picks. I know he likes to bring in lots of guys but I think he's going to try to bring in some higher caliber guys. I'd like to see Melvin Ingram.

woodbuck27
04-26-2012, 05:04 PM

Solid 'other 'pick if your positive he can adapt and he should be able to. Is Nick Perry a bit of a reach?

Two wek ago I woulldn't have said that at #28 Nick Perry is a reach. There have been changes. Nick Perry is now being ranked at pick number ( late 30's ). Where Shea McClellin has rocked up boards Nick Perry seems to have fallen.

The ranking has changed and is still changing fast. He just might be on the board at pick #28 because he's a straight in rusher and we do have a shot at OLB Shea McCellin inspite of the fact he's at the very top of the top cream in the OLB class. I like the chances that he might fall to us and I'm wearing my Boise State hoodie for luck.

Actually I after the news on Nick Collins I voted for TT to go to Safety and Harrison Smith, Notre Dame.

If OLB Shea McClellin is on the board when it's TT's turn. All hell might break loose if TT goes 'O' and there will be a minor tremor if Shea McClellin is there and TT's board says NO!

As I see it today he has attractive opptions to pick 'O'.

Good bets OLB Shea McClellin, Safety Harrison Smith and because he's TT I'll toss into the mix Center Peter Konz (ohh NO!! he wouldn't). TT's board cannot have Parer Konz anywhere close to todays #28 pick. He should be ranked as a top to mid second round pick.

It'll be very interesting. LOL I say S Harrison Smith.

packrulz
04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I would take Nick Perry over McClellin, or Branch.

Freak Out
04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
I have absolutely no clue but will go with Bruce Irvin.

DonHutson
04-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Kendall Reyes.

That's my pick as well.

Joemailman
04-26-2012, 10:57 PM

Nick Perry.

:wave: :wow: :cow: :pack:

Pugger
04-26-2012, 11:18 PM
I would take Nick Perry over McClellin, or Branch.

TT must have heard you! :bump:

packrulz
04-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Perry is fast for a big man, strong as hell, has good character, good wonderlic, good college career, is from Detroit, and TT likes those USC guys (Matthews). Hard to find any red flags from him, he needs to learn coverage. Nice pick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eejpZUgjxrg