PDA

View Full Version : Official 2012 Draft Day Thread (Day 1 At Least)

Pages : [1] 2 3

pbmax
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Hello and welcome to the event Howard Cosell referred to as “the most overrated, over-propagandized annual event in American Sport." Yes, I agree. Howard was dead wrong on this. We know we don't know anything and won't for 3 years. That's why its fun to overreact and only remember when we were right. Its just like March Madness, without any actual games.

If I were you, I would head over to Twitter where Bob McGinn is coasting on his fourth coffee of the day and has basically spilled his entire notebook into Twitter for the last hour. 15 posts in 45 minutes has got to be a record for him.

Also give Rastak a shout out and we hope he stops by.

Bretsky and Fritz will officially kick us off by giving the kiss of death to the first player they agree would be a fantastic Packer.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Whats up bitches that don't know shit!!!

I am going on the record, this will be my last draft here at Packerrats. Here is hoping that TT goes kickers or punters on the first night of the draft!!!

I am going to be taking a long vacation from this place. No, not a Harlan vacation, one where you aren't going to be hearing from me for a long while. I wanted to hang around for the draft and then let it all go.

Good luck to Packer fan.

Good luck to me.

sharpe1027
04-26-2012, 03:15 PM

I am going on the record, this will be my last draft here at Packerrats. Here is hoping that TT goes kickers or punters on the first night of the draft!!!

I am going to be taking a long vacation from this place. No, not a Harlan vacation, one where you aren't going to be hearing from me for a long while. I wanted to hang around for the draft and then let it all go.

Good luck to Packer fan.

Good luck to me.

Your request for a vacation has been denied. You can check out anytime your like, but you can never leave.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I fucking hate the Eagles.

Smidgeon
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM

Good luck to Packer fan.

Good luck to me.

Sh*t just became real.

Upnorth
04-26-2012, 03:21 PM

Good luck to Packer fan.

Good luck to me.

Blood in, blood out bitch! You can drop in anytime you like but you can never leave!

Also if Poe somehow drops to us I think I would crap my pants.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Funny story now that you bring up crapping your pants, Poe actually had to come out of a game last season against Florida when he crapped his pants in the second quarter. It was a shame that he had on white pants.

I would want nothing to do with Poe if I was a Packer fan. Packers need a pass rush, they hold up against the run less badly then they do against the pass. If Poe is the last 1st round grade guy available then I guess TT makes the pick. I just don't like his make up.

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Trade up for Ingram!

sheepshead
04-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Howard was right, if he could only see it now. Add the biggest crap shoot in all of sports. Ill admit, ill be checking in regularly.

Smidgeon
04-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Trade up for Ingram!

Rumors swirling that GB is one of six teams actively looking to trade up right now: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/report-jaguars-trying-to-move-up-to-get-justin-blackmon/

denverYooper
04-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Looking to trade up in the 2nd round...

Guiness
Why would the Jags want Blackmon? Didn't they draft Matt Jones? Then trade for top 10 pick Troy Williamson? Oh, wait, that was so 2005, along with *cough cough* Odell Thurman. Guess they need help again.

Scott Campbell
Rumors swirling that GB is one of six teams actively looking to trade up right now: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/report-jaguars-trying-to-move-up-to-get-justin-blackmon/

Ted is eyeballing somebody.

Guiness
04-26-2012, 04:38 PM
I see over on PFT that Bruce Allen has confirmed RGIII will be the #2 pick.

Not that there was really any question about that, but sure is a good thing the boys are paying attention to the comish. He can't even get the owners to pay attention to him!

Upnorth
04-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Many days ago I said I would like to see TT trade up in the first, then trade back into the bottom of the first, with 12 picks we have ammo and elite needs. If we could get an elite pass rusher and an elite saftey we would be set on the d side for quite awhile. I will be amazed if it happened, but think it would make sense THIS year. I am happy he has only traded into the 1st once before and dont think this is a good path to regularly follow, however now is a good time.

sheepshead
04-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Ted is eyeballing somebody.

More then that, he must have a serious crush on somebody.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Many days ago I said I would like to see TT trade up in the first, then trade back into the bottom of the first, with 12 picks we have ammo and elite needs. If we could get an elite pass rusher and an elite saftey we would be set on the d side for quite awhile. I will be amazed if it happened, but think it would make sense THIS year. I am happy he has only traded into the 1st once before and dont think this is a good path to regularly follow, however now is a good time.

I'm on board with this, but we'll see. It takes two to tango.

imscott72
04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm on board with this, but we'll see. It takes two to tango.

Do you guys realize the price it takes to trade up? Silverstein posted not too long ago that point wise if the Packers traded their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, they could still only get to the 14th overall..

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Do you guys realize the price it takes to trade up? Silverstein posted not too long ago that point wise if the Packers traded their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, they could still only get to the 14th overall..

Yes, I realize the price of moving up. I'm not hoping to move up that far. I was looking at moving up ahead of Pittsburgh and New England. The most recent mock drafts have McClellin going in the top 20 though, so I'm not sure we'll be able to move up high enough to get him. If the recent mocks turn out to be close, then a trade down is more likely. There may be a group of OLBs with similar grades late in the first round, early in the second round.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Hello and welcome to the event Howard Cosell referred to as “the most overrated, over-propagandized annual event in American Sport." Yes, I agree. Howard was dead wrong on this. We know we don't know anything and won't for 3 years. That's why its fun to overreact and only remember when we were right. Its just like March Madness, without any actual games.

If I were you, I would head over to Twitter where Bob McGinn is coasting on his fourth coffee of the day and has basically spilled his entire notebook into Twitter for the last hour. 15 posts in 45 minutes has got to be a record for him.

Also give Rastak a shout out and we hope he stops by.

Bretsky and Fritz will officially kick us off by giving the kiss of death to the first player they agree would be a fantastic Packer.

Thanks PB!

Haven't been here in forever.....

KFAN just reported that Schefter just reported the Browns and the Vikings switched spots, with MN getting 3 picks......no confirmation yet. Browns trying to ace out Bucs for Richardson I guess.

Freak Out
04-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Hey Rastak you bitch. Long time no see.....welcome back. :)

Brando19
Thanks PB!

KFAN just reported that Schefter just reported the Browns and the Vikings switched spots, with MN getting 3 picks......no confirmation yet. Browns trying to ace out Bucs for Richardson I guess.

Welcome back, Ras!!!! Stick around after the draft! This forum needs you!

imscott72
Yes, I realize the price of moving up. I'm not hoping to move up that far. I was looking at moving up ahead of Pittsburgh and New England. The most recent mock drafts have McClellin going in the top 20 though, so I'm not sure we'll be able to move up high enough to get him. If the recent mocks turn out to be close, then a trade down is more likely. There may be a group of OLBs with similar grades late in the first round, early in the second round.

Yea McClellin is going to be close. I saw a mock earlier today that had us getting him at 28.

woodbuck27
04-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Blood in, blood out bitch! You can drop in anytime you like but you can never leave!

Also if Poe somehow drops to us I think I would crap my pants.

I can't see that happening Upnorth. A logical destination for D. Poe is Pittsburg.

TT might pass on targeting OLB Shea McClellin as he see's some redundancy looking at his second round pick and OLB Bruce Irvin. At #28 TT should be able to go DE Nick Perry or DT Still. Nick Perry may be falling into the upper second round.

Others that should be in play at #59 are some of this group of prospects beasides Bruce Irvin:

DT Kendall Reyes
RB Chris Polk
*CB Jayron Hosley

About half of the teams have need at CB and can a team have too many? Not in our division which is going to shape up as a decent fight next season as the Bears have made strdes in FA and the Lions are for real. Surely the LIONS won't draft WR in round one this year.

We can't have too many TE's. I'm hoping that changes. TT allows our roster more CB's as inspite of conficting info. we get RE: Charles Woodson, moving to a safety spot. We have questions and severe need in our defensive backfield. (-:

It will be interesting to see what TT does. He might even employ 'the shadow allay' move ie trade up to the BROWN's second Round ONE pick. That gets TT clear of NE and Denver and it looks like they going 'D' at picks #25 #27. These fellas should come into play:

Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Andre Branch, OLB, Clemson
Shea McClellin, DE, Boise State

TT will be as always cool. He can do anything he wants to. Draft anyone he loves.

It's Ted Thompson's WORLD.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Vikes got a 4th, 5th and a 7th for swapping with Browns.

Scott Campbell
04-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks PB!

Somebody else will now go on the milk carton!

Welcome back Ras!

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Somebody else will now go on the milk carton!

Welcome back Ras!

Thank you sir (you too Freak and Brandon)

imscott72
04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Vikes got a 4th, 5th and a 7th for swapping with Browns.

Total panic move for the Browns in my opinion..Giving away picks with so many needs is foolish..Great for the Vikes though..

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Total panic move for the Browns in my opinion..Giving away picks with so many needs is foolish..Great for the Vikes though..

I think the Bucs were probably aggressively trying to jump the Browns and they feel Richardson is a game breaker. They do have another #1 and still have their 2 & 3.

Vikes now have 13 picks including 5 in the top 100.

edit: that 4th is 118 not 100.

Brando19
04-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Vikings are loading up for a great draft.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Vikings are loading up for a great draft.

I hope so but we'll see....gotta make the right picks.

I almost hope they grab Claiborne....

Scott Campbell
04-26-2012, 06:23 PM
I think the Bucs were probably aggressively trying to jump the Browns and they feel Richardson is a game breaker.

LeGarrette Blount will now punch someone from Boise State.

Bretsky
04-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks PB!

YO RASTAK

You need to keep your ass in here the next few days.........and after !!!

Brando19
04-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Claiborne would be a good pick, but Kalil would help Peterson stay elite and add protection for their young QB.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Hell, I bet they could move down and let the Rams grab Blackmon and still get Kahlil.

imscott72
04-26-2012, 06:31 PM

I'd rather they get Claiborne over Blackmon as a Packer fan. Blackmon has been touted the best since Megatron.

woodbuck27
04-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks PB!

Nice to see your Logo back Rastak. WELCOME BACK Man. (-:

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
I'd rather they get Claiborne over Blackmon as a Packer fan. Blackmon has been touted the best since Megatron.

Oh, I don;t think he's close....smaller, slower.....great film though.

Some people actually think Floyd is better than Blackmon, and the Hill might develop into a better player.

woodbuck27
04-26-2012, 06:37 PM

The draft 'begins interesting' at Minny. Yes it is looking more now like you fellas go CB. How special is Morris Claiborne?

Here's a MOCK I just was looking at:

#1 Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
#2 Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
#3 TRADE St Louis Rams - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama (via Minnesota Vikings)
#4 Cleveland Browns - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
#5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
#6 TRADE Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT, USC (via St Louis Rams)
#7 TRADE New York Jets - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina (via Jacksonville Jaguars)
#8 Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
#9 Carolina Panthers - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
#10 TRADE Dallas Cowboys - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama (via Buffalo Bills)

Ohh I just saw your post above. Minny traded down to the BROWNS.

" Vikes got a 4th, 5th and a 7th for swapping with Browns." Rastak

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2012, 06:38 PM

I'm not so sure about that. Guys with his measurables aren't usually drafted in the top 10. In fact, he'd be the shortest WR taken in the top 10 since Ted Ginn in 2007. Plus, he's not an elite athlete either. His vertical (35") and 40 time (high 4.4s on a fast track at Oklahoma State) were nothing spectacular by most accounts. To me, he's closer to Michael Crabtree than Calvin Johnson.

ND72
04-26-2012, 06:38 PM

Rastak.....holy balls, nice to see your Minnesotan ass again

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Guys with his measurables aren't usually drafted in the top 10. In fact, he'd be the shortest WR taken in the top 10 since Ted Ginn in 2007. Plus, he's not an elite athlete either. His vertical (35") and 40 time (high 4.4s on a fast track at Oklahoma State) were nothing spectacular by most accounts. To me, he's closer to Michael Crabtree than Calvin Johnson.

What up Harv?

Totally agree.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:40 PM

Thx, hope they get your ND safety in round 2.....

They = Vikes

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2012, 06:41 PM
What up Harv?

Totally agree.

Not much. Moved to Lakeville. When was the last time the Vikings drafted somebody decent in the 4th round or later? Matt Birk in 1998?

Just kidding.

I guess John Sullivan (although I'm not that high on him) and Brian Robinson were decent. If they are going to turn the franchise around, they need to hit on more of these middle and late round picks.

ND72
04-26-2012, 06:42 PM
You have both of my TE's Ras, why not another golden domer....

AtlPackFan
04-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks PB!

Rastak!!! Good to see you here.

imscott72
Thx, hope they get your ND safety in round 2.....

They = Vikes

Jags want Blackmon bad. You hearing anything about another Viking trade yet?

Guiness
Always so much talk and speculation of trades in the first, but it never seems to quite happen. I always thought the high $$$ cost of top picks prevented it in years past - the top teams secretly wanted out, but who was stupid enough to be buying? This is the second year with the new rookie salary structure, teams are getting accustomed to it, I wonder if we'll see the promised movement during the draft? We've already had two trades involving the top 10 picks!

Oh, and hi Rastak - good to see your shadow darkening the door around here. Mad says he missed you...with every bullet so far! *thank you* *I'm here all week* *try the veal* :razz:

woodbuck27
04-26-2012, 06:46 PM

Yes Blackmon looks spectacular on Video Highlights. Maybe he plays faster and stronger than he is but there is a wide seperation between CJ and Crabtree. Your not the 'only' person that should see that.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Not much. Moved to Lakeville. When was the last time the Vikings drafted somebody decent in the 4th round or later? Matt Birk in 1998?

Just kidding.

I guess John Sullivan (although I'm not that high on him) and Brian Robinson were decent. If they are going to turn the franchise around, they need to hit on more of these middle and late round picks.

Ray Edwards I think......not a ton of guys. BUT, you have 3 4th rounders you can get back into 3 or go from 3 to 2 perhaps.......

Lakeville eh? That's gotta be a bit slower than Mpls......

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Jags want Blackmon bad. You hearing anything about another Viking trade yet?

Nah, mayube when they are on the clock......I'd just grab Claiborne (although Kahlil wouldn;t exactly piss me off).

ND72
04-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Nah, mayube when they are on the clock......I'd just grab Claiborne (although Kahlil wouldn;t exactly piss me off).

Just read Jacksonville likely offering 3rd and 6th to swap 1s with Minny

Could move 4 spots and get a 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 for it

gbgary
04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks PB!

dude!! good to have ya back!!

Rastak
04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Just read Jacksonville likely offering 3rd and 6th to swap 1s with Minny

Could move 4 spots and get a 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 for it

No blue chipper then, but maybe demand 2 and 5 and then take Floyd at 7. maybe CB Gilmore? Grab OT Massie in round 2?

Not much Packer talk yet because their pick is a couple three hours away.....be interesting to see if TT moves up.

edit: Actually.......if Rams passed on Kahlil.........wow, that would work.

3irty1
04-26-2012, 06:55 PM

Awesome that you're here.

Also I agree with you. Claiborne is the type that will win the game for you. Kahlil will just give Ponder enough time to lose it for you.

gbgary
04-26-2012, 06:55 PM

glad i missed that post.

Lurker64
04-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey it's Rastak, long time no see. Happy Draft Day everybody!

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Ray Edwards I think......not a ton of guys. BUT, you have 3 4th rounders you can get back into 3 or go from 3 to 2 perhaps.......

Lakeville eh? That's gotta be a bit slower than Mpls......

Good trade though. Picked up three extra late round picks for nothing.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks PB!

Well, lookee here. What's up Rastak! Mr. Spielman just fleeced the Browns. Nice take for moving back one.

I also heard speculation on ESPN radio that the Vikings might try to convince the Bucs that they love Claiborne (recent rumor is that they HAVE to since they face Jennings, Megatron and Marshall 6 times a year) so they can trade back one more time.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Well, lookee here. What's up Rastak! Mr. Spielman just fleeced the Browns. Nice take for moving back one.

I also heard speculation on ESPN radio that the Vikings might try to convince the Bucs that they love Claiborne (recent rumor is that they HAVE to since they face Jennings, Megatron and Marshall 6 times a year) so they can trade back one more time.

I think they do love Claiborne.....he'd be my pick I think.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
And here comes the commish - happy drafting rats....

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:04 PM

Might have to edit that, either it was the Bucs or Jags now that I am reading Twitter and CBS.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:05 PM
I will admit it, just seeing the Patriots in front of the Packers makes me nervous.

denverYooper
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Welcome back Ras!

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
WOW, Luck went #1!!!!!!!!!!

edit: yes, your sarcasm detector went off.

pittstang5
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Rastak, good to see you.

Guiness
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM

I think they're foolish not to grab Kahlil if he's still there. Actually, I think they're taking a chance at moving down from 3 and maybe missing him.

He makes Peterson better, and will help Ponder develop.

Well, it's 8:05. Luck off the board yet?

Freak Out
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
How freaking crazy that Louisiana State could have two guys drafted top 10.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
I think they're foolish not to grab Kahlil if he's still there. Actually, I think they're taking a chance at moving down from 3 and maybe missing him.

He makes Peterson better, and will help Ponder develop.

Well, it's 8:05. Luck off the board yet?

Yes.

Actually they can;t miss Kahlil moving down because they moved down 1.

Lurker64
04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
These are seriously the worst draft caps in history.

Joemailman
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Is it a given that the Browns will take Richardson?

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Is it a given that the Browns will take Richardson?

Yup.

Guiness
04-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes.

Actually they can;t miss Kahlil moving down because they moved down 1.

Oh, right, Browns were in the 4 spot. I thought Minnesota moved down further.

ok, it's been 3-4 minutes, just get up there and turn in the card already Washington. It's not like you have any decision to make.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Vikes on the clock......

Lurker64
04-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Five minutes left for the Vikings. I somehow think they're going to end up picking here. If they take Claiborne, the Bucs are kinda screwed.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Anyone else here Eisen on NFLN? Nike is hot pressing names on the back of the jersey for the first rounders.

Travbrew
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Five minutes left for the Vikings. I somehow think they're going to end up picking here. If they take Claiborne, the Bucs are kinda screwed.

Jeez, ya think they'll get it in on time?

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Jeez, ya think they'll get it in on time?

Likely.......:^)

Travbrew
04-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Anyone else here Eisen on NFLN? Nike is hot pressing names on the back of the jersey for the first rounders.

yup, I caught that. Is that completely necessary?

Lurker64

Vikings pick is in.

Travbrew

Couldn't help but poke the bear!

imscott72
News is Vikings are trading back again..

red
04-26-2012, 07:21 PM
And here comes the commish - happy drafting rats....

awesome to see you again ras

condolences on losing your team to LA

red
04-26-2012, 07:22 PM
man, that pick sucks. ricardson might be decent in the nfl, but not worth the 3rd overall

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Kahlil to Vikes.

imscott72
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Kalil to the Vikes..

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Eliot Wolf has got to learn to tone it down a little, from his Twitter:

@eliotwolf46 Our owner just came in with a stack of draft guides with stuff highlighted and circled #ohwaitwerenotthevikings

He takes a lot of public shots at teams/people for someone expected to be on a short list for a job.

red
04-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Kahlil to Vikes.

pretty damn solid pickup. got the guy they wanted plus picked up a pick, nice

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
TV coverage is the worst I've ever seen........why is everything minutes late?

imscott72
Jax traded to move to #5, and will grab Blackmon..

pbmax
Andrew Brandt ‏ @adbrandt

Things you won't hear at the Draft: "The guy we really wanted went right before our pick, but this guy'll do."

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Eliot Wolf has got to learn to tone it down a little, from his Twitter:

@eliotwolf46 Our owner just came in with a stack of draft guides with stuff highlighted and circled #ohwaitwerenotthevikings

He takes a lot of public shots at teams/people for someone expected to be on a short list for a job.

Eliot Wolf ‏ @eliotwolf46
And on the 116th Tweet, I might've gotten in trouble.
Retweeted by Tom Oates

King Friday
04-26-2012, 07:28 PM
man, that pick sucks. ricardson might be decent in the nfl, but not worth the 3rd overall

Browns were in a no-win situation. They need offensive playmakers, and the only one worth taking in the top 10 picks after the QBs was Richardson. The WRs are even more of a stretch this early.

red
04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
something big just happened, listen to that crowd

Freak Out
04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh oh.....Cowboys trade.

red
04-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Browns were in a no-win situation. They need offensive playmakers, and the only one worth taking in the top 10 picks after the QBs was Richardson. The WRs are even more of a stretch this early.

yeah, but they were already in a no win, why give up 4 extra picks to make that mistake? great trade for minni

Joemailman
04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/justin-blackmon?id=2533038

OVERVIEW
Blackmon enjoyed a storied and productive career at Oklahoma State, winning the Biletnikoff Award (given to the country's top collegiate wide receiver) two years in a row. Blackmon is as athletic as former teammate Dez Bryant and was even more productive, filling in nicely for Bryant when he left for the NFL. Blackmon has the elite ability to contribute immediately and should be a top-15 draft pick.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Blackmon has a good frame and seems taller than he is. He is barely six-feet tall, but his elite leaping ability makes him a jump-ball, red-zone threat. He can excel from any spot on the field, and is reminiscent of Anquan Boldin when running "drive" and "underneath" routes. Blackmon will present serious matchup issues for opposing defenses when working out of the slot, which he did occasionally in college. His in-phase technique is extremely polished, and he can vary his speed to keep defenders off balance. He is slow off the line but uses his strength and jab steps to release with ease. A natural receiver, Blackmon understands how to read coverage and sit down in zones. He aggressively attacks the ball when it's in his large catching radius, and he uses his frame to box out defenders. He can also bail out quarterbacks with his skill for adjusting to poorly thrown balls on the run.
WEAKNESSES Blackmon is not as quick off the ball as his athleticism would suggest. He has good top-end speed and acceleration in the open field, but struggles to get enough burst to separate in short areas. An elongated stride makes it difficult for him to run sharp routes. Much of his production came from making plays at the point of the catch and after; he doesn't get himself open through route-running. He is an all-or-nothing blocker who can't recover after whiffing, and will have to improve in that area. His stride hampers his ability to change direction and could be his biggest problem in the NFL, where he'll be covered by premier athletes.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:33 PM
OK. Who has a functioning draft tracker site? NFLN and ESPN both keep crashing Firefox.

gbgary
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
boys traded 14 and 45 to move up to 6th. if that's all it takes tt can move up too with all the picks he has.

pittstang5
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
TV coverage is the worst I've ever seen........why is everything minutes late?

Thought it was just me.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
From espn live chat: Matt Williamson: Well said KC....Blackmon is a nice WR with little bust potential, but he isn't AJ Green or Calvin J by a long stretch

Upnorth
They are too busy taking pics of the drafted players. Just tell us the picks and quit fawning damn it. Some of us are impatcient

MadScientist
So the Browns give up a 4, 5 and 7 just to move up 1, and Jax only gives up a 4 to move up 2 spots. Minny got a great deal. Hate it when other NFCN make smart draft moves.

Fosco33
04-26-2012, 07:36 PM
I think Blackmon should be a big time player - but he'll make a bigger splash on a good organization in a few years after becoming a free agent.

pbmax
Forget it. Just added Schefter to Twitter. Like having an UPI wire ticker.
Cowboys want Claiborne apparently. Rams got the Boys second round pick.

Rastak
Thought it was just me.

These dipshits wanted to make some drama - but the fucking internet exists and we know the pick even if you wait 5 minutes to broadcast it.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Thought it was just me.

Everyone is complaining about ESPN oN Twitter. Maybe NFLN?

King Friday
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
boys traded 14 and 45 to move up to 6th. if that's all it takes tt can move up too with all the picks he has.

Dallas moved up for cheap because they found someone who really wanted to move down...and there isn't anyone worth the #6 pick left.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Everyone is complaining about ESPN oN Twitter. Maybe NFLN?

Same thing! That's what I was watching.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Dallas moved up for cheap because they found someone who really wanted to move down...and there isn't anyone worth the #6 pick left.

Claiborne was WELL worth it.

Joemailman
04-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Bucs going with Coples?

woodbuck27
Can you believe that. Maurice Claiborne is a Cowboy. That's wild as it seemed they coveted S Mark Barron.

Freak Out
They all kind of suck....traffic must be crazy.

pbmax
Schefter added to Twitter feed 5 minutes ago. He has 9 Tweets.

Tampa wants Safety Mark Barron. Too bad they aren't still in the division.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Kareem Copeland ‏ @kareemcopeland

Damn RT @SI_PeterKing The Rams OWN the second round. They have the 1st pick of the round, 33d overall (their own), 39th (wash) 45th (Dallas)

Joemailman
04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/morris-claiborne?id=2533059

VERVIEW
The winner of the Jim Thorpe Award (given to the country's top defensive back) opted to forgo his senior year and enter the draft. He is huge for the position and has great speed. A very explosive athlete, Claiborne should easily press for a starting role wherever he lands. He covered top-tier talent in the SEC and is as polished as corners come. He has first-round value and shouldn't last long in the draft.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Claiborne is an aggressive cover man who likes to use his tall frame and long arms to get in receivers' faces, shock them at the line of scrimmage and disrupt their timing. When he punches, he makes his presence felt. He can run with his back to the ball at the receiver's hip using a press/bail technique and looks natural running with his man in-phase while still keeping an eye on the ball. Claiborne is such a gifted athlete with uncommon body control that he runs with his man fluidly up and down the field and still be able to break off at any time and get involved in plays coming across him. As a zone defender, he is simply an explosive athlete with length and can keep plays in front of him and react quick enough to meet the man at the ball. He is physical in run support and will have no problem coming up to tackle from the edge.
WEAKNESSES Claiborne can sometimes be lazy with his technique. Working in off-man coverage, he has a tendency to get his pad level high in his backpedal, diluting the explosiveness that makes him so effective out of his breaks.

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Good to see you back Rastak.

Deputy Nutz
I am confused with all this twattering

Deputy Nutz
I think all of this trading will work well for the Packers.

Lurker64
04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
This is a crazy draft, despite all of the players people thought would go in the top 6 being taken in the top six (it just took four trades to do it.)

Smeefers
04-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Man, they just slaughtered clairborne on espn.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:45 PM
S Baron to the Bucs.....Bills are bummed I would guess.

imscott72
Can't believe how far Barron rose on the charts..Will Miami take Tannehill now?

pbmax
I am confused with all this twattering

It actually makes me long for an actual wire ticker. Half the Tweets are useful, everything else is either a joke or people saying HA! to the joke.

Its way too much like a message board to be useful. :shock:

Lurker64
04-26-2012, 07:46 PM
S Baron to the Bucs.....Bills are bummed I would guess.

Donte Whitner 2.0 IMO.

Smeefers
Is it just me, or does mark baron kinda have princess lea hair?

Rastak
Fins grab Tanehill?

edit: imscott first

Cheesehead Craig
It actually makes me long for an actual wire ticker. Half the Tweets are useful, everything else is either a joke or people saying HA! to the joke.

Its way too much like a message board to be useful. :shock:

HA!

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Peter King says Tannehill.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Is it just me, or does mark baron kinda have princess lea hair?

Metal bikini suit?

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I can believe that PB

and there it is......

Freak Out
04-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Metal bikini suit?

Glad I'm not watching the draft then. :)

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Bust!!!

red
damn, no D_lineman or linebackers taken yet, good for us

denverYooper
Well, we're about to see if the run on DL/OLB starts.

red
04-26-2012, 07:51 PM
mike sherman has already ruined the fins and he just got there

Smeefers
04-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Im actually surprised tanninhil didnt drop.

Man, the fans there are douchebags. Im sick listening to the chanting.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2012, 07:52 PM
WOW Sherman has another chance to fuck up this guy, last year wasn't bad enough

imscott72
Sherminator gets his guy..What a reach for Tanny..

Joemailman
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/ryan-tannehill?id=2532956

OVERVIEW
Tannehill is a dynamic athlete at quarterback, which could stem from his two-plus years at receiver with the Aggies before becoming their starting signal-caller. In his early starts at quarterback, Tannehill was more of a gunslinger than a refined thrower, but he now has morphed into an efficient pocket passer. Tannehill is a also fierce competitor with the overall tools to be a first-round selection and eventual starter in the NFL.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS When dropping, Tannehill is calm and makes it obvious that he is a natural athlete at the position. He has a good feel for pressure and has turned his scrambling ability into a big asset, as he has developed a great feel for extending the play. He is mechanically sound and can anticipate where the receiver will be, and displays fairly consistent accuracy throughout all routes. He is a consummate running threat.
WEAKNESSES Tannehill has only displayed for one year that he has the arm and decision-making at quarterback to start in the NFL. He did a lot to dispel concerns in his senior year, but he will need to continue to develop and likely won't be a starting option as a rookie.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Am I nuts (common noun version) or is there no dying need for defense except Buffalo at 10 and Chargers at 18?

Cardinals, Carolina, KC, Seattle all need O

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Sherminator gets his guy..What a reach for Tanny..

I think the owner got his guy.

Rastak
Kuechly to the Panthers - nice pick.

red
this sucks, they're telliong us what picks are already in 15 minutes before they announce it

TELL US ASSHOLES

Joemailman
04-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Well, we're about to see if the run on DL/OLB starts.

You would think so. Thought Coples would be gone by now.

denverYooper
Well, there's a surprise...

Deputy Nutz
Am I nuts (common noun version) or is there no dying need for defense except Buffalo at 10 and Chargers at 18?

Great pick by Carolina, I guess they needed defense

red
Kuechly to the Panthers - nice pick.

the next dan morgan? without the injuries? dude seems like a stud

pbmax

Philly wants O too, right?

Rumor was NE wanted to get to 12. But couldn't you get top teens and have missed only 3 D talents?

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2012, 07:56 PM
You would think so. Thought Coples would be gone by now.

guy is sort of a jag

imscott72
04-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Sounds like Gilmore to Buffalo at 10..

pbmax
04-26-2012, 07:57 PM
There goes my theory. Schefter has Stephen Gilmore to Buffalo now.

imscott72
04-26-2012, 07:58 PM
guy is sort of a jag

Yea Coples is projected into the mid teens now..Bad attitude..

pbmax
Great pick by Carolina, I guess they needed defense

The talent seems fine, but don't they need O talent more?

woodbuck27
OK so Calolina goes **solid and BPA overlooking Courtenay COX where many MOCKS had him.

Luke Kuechley had a 96 Grade. COX way down at 95.

** This is a clean player. A great pick.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Gilmore sure went high - he goes to the Bills.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 08:01 PM
the next dan morgan? without the injuries? dude seems like a stud

Prisco says next Urlacher.

Bretsky
04-26-2012, 08:01 PM
damn, no D_lineman or linebackers taken yet, good for us

Wait til about pick eighteen...........the run on the OLB's IMO will then start

imscott72
04-26-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm surprised Fletcher Cox is still out there..Best DT on the board...

red
dude was only being mocked a few times in the first round until like a month ago

denverYooper

So... he has no neck?

red
04-26-2012, 08:03 PM

i know bears fans wouldn't like that, but i'd take the next urlacher in a second

pbmax
dude was only being mocked a few times in the first round until like a month ago

Makes you wonder if teams change their mind or draftniks get a report and change the mock.

pbmax

I can see that.

Bretsky
Anybody notice.......Tannehill

HOT HOT GIRLFRIEND...............blondie grailee........mmmmm

King Friday
04-26-2012, 08:04 PM

STD magnet?

Rastak

Nice sig - thanks Bretsky!

There goes Poe!

denverYooper
WHOA!

Bretsky
POE BEFORE COX ...................WOW

pbmax

I wonder if that was who the Patriots wanted if they traded up to 12. They need help, though I thought safety and pass rush were higher on the list.

imscott72
04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Poe?? Wow...Was projected in the 20's...

Joemailman
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/dontari-poe?id=2533435

OVERVIEW
Poe is a big man who will likely improve a 3-4 defense working as its anchor inside at NT. His best attribute is his ability to occupy space inside and allow those on the second level to flow and make plays. He can use his strength to overpower most blockers and use his athletic ability to be a threat making plays around the ball. Poe has the build and athleticism to be picked late in the first round.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Strong lower body so that he can stabilize his position. His athletic ability and quickness force the use of a double team, and he can wreak havoc around the ball. Poe uses his strong hands to keep defenders at bay and throw them around to create opportunities. He is a consistent defender who combines size, strength, athletic ability, and understanding.
WEAKNESSES Poe can't do much else besides be an effective lane-clogger within the right scheme. He doesn't have the versatility to move outside to end in a 3-4, a trend that has been seen from many teams who like to get girth and athleticism on the edge of their line. He is not very quick off the ball, and although he is a good athlete for his size, he could struggle to create "splash" plays for himself early on at the next level, where he will likely be facing double teams and much stronger interior lineman.

packrulz
Poe= workout warrior

pittstang5
04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Eagles want cox

Rastak
04-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Eagles want cox

And it makes sense......

pbmax
04-26-2012, 08:07 PM
KC must be getting everyone on O back healthy. That's a hoody GM tree pick Bretsky.

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Poe?? Wow...Was projected in the 20's...

So much for putting too much faith in the mocks

Deputy Nutz
Eagles want cox

I agree, Eagles are a bunch of fags

imscott72
Eagles trade up to #12..

woodbuck27
Five big DL players at the top of the board.

I wonder if Matt Flynn is tuned in?

Looks like the Eagles have moved up to them (Seattle) and will draft **DT Fletcher Cox.

This man is BIG ...this man is STRONG. The Eagles are some HAPPY. Their having a solid off season.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Eagles gave up 15 & 114 & 172 to move up with Seahawks

pbmax
04-26-2012, 08:09 PM
For Seattle's No. 12, Eagles gabe up 2012 #15, 2012 #114, 2012 #172. -Schefter

imscott72
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Cox to Philly? Sounds like Floyd to Arizona..

red
so, its only costing like a 4th to move up 5 or 6 sports right now? don't we have like 15 of those 4th round picks.

trade one of those fuckers and move up close to 20 or so

Deputy Nutz
This draft is weird

Bretsky
04-26-2012, 08:11 PM
I'd just like to point out........My RAMS.........lights out getting all those second round picks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT PLAN !

HarveyWallbangers

Seems like a bad comparison. Urlacher is a huge LB. This guy looks like he has pretty ordinary size.

pbmax
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Arizona told Larry Fitzgerald it would take Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd. Arizona's up. Let's see if true to word.

Rastak
Pack locked in on OLB?

woodbuck27
So much for putting too much faith in the mocks

The EXPERTS are bang on in their grades it's just confusing as to who goes where.

You and I always want pizza. NFL teams have different priority needs.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM

There was some buzz on this kid. I read scouts that liked him more than the LSU kid.

pbmax
Seems like a bad comparison. Urlacher is a huge LB. This guy looks like he has pretty ordinary size.

Prisco is usually pretty tied into the NFL, but unsure how he does with college evaluations. As with everything today, Id take it with a grain of salt, esp. if you are right about the size. Urlacher no longer looks like a SS.

Bretsky
KC must be getting everyone on O back healthy. That's a hoody GM tree pick Bretsky.

HOODY, while the greatest coach in the history of the NFL, lacks in picking the right players. He's great at working these deals but his drafts lately have been average at best.

He's no GM Genius Jerry when it comes to selecting players

Rastak
04-26-2012, 08:13 PM
There was some buzz on this kid. I read scouts that liked him more than the LSU kid.

Read the same things.

red
Pack locked in on OLB?
you would think so, but you never know what TT is gonna do

pretty much all of us are guessing one OLB or another, or maybe d-line

woodbuck27
Pack locked in on OLB?

We still have TT as OUR GM. Nobody knows. (-:

Bretsky
Here comes Chandler Jones or Flody.......I'm guessing Jones

HarveyWallbangers
I'd just like to point out........My RAMS.........lights out getting all those second round picks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT PLAN !

That last trade seemed one sided. And not to their benefit. The got a nice haul for the RGIII trade.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Pack locked in on OLB?

Possibly, but not if you have a solid DE who can move into the pocket on a pass down. Would help immensely.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
HOODY, while the greatest coach in the history of the NFL, lacks in picking the right players. He's great at working these deals but his drafts lately have been average at best.

He's no GM Genius Jerry when it comes to selecting players

You are right about his recent history. However, he may have just faked the Eagles into trading 3 picks to get Cox.

Joemailman
04-26-2012, 08:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/fletcher-cox?id=2533051

OVERVIEW
Cox is an early-entry junior who was a starter for two-and-a-half years at Mississippi State. He is a raw athlete who has room to develop. He has an impressive frame and is one of the more talented athletes at his position in the country. He relies heavily on his natural ability to make splash plays and has major upside.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Cox is an impressive athlete who is capable of making big plays from the interior of the defensive line. He is extremely fast off the ball and can get into the backfield as quickly as any tackle prospect in the country. He has a high motor and pursues down the line of scrimmage with aggression. He can snap his hips into the offensive line to get a blowback effect; he can also dip and rip his hips around would-be tacklers to get into the backfield. Cox keeps blockers off of him with very active hands. He is a serious athlete who would immediately bolster the front of any defense and would work well in a rotation.
WEAKNESSES Cox allows himself to get completely washed away when faced with a double team, a symptom of his rawness. He tries to rely too much on his athleticism when working against the run; he doesn't think to set an anchor and remain a presence and gap-filler within the scheme he plays in. Cox could be a high-risk, high-reward player as a rookie.

Bretsky
04-26-2012, 08:16 PM
That last trade seemed one sided. And not to their benefit. The got a nice haul for the RGIII trade.

Yes, it seemed like they should have got more than a second......but........still love their strategy. There will have a shot at drating three future stars in round two

Rastak
04-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Yes, it seemed like they should have got more than a second......but........still love their strategy. There will have a shot at drating three future stars in round two

Bunch of 2 rounders? There's gold in them thar hills.

Bretsky
04-26-2012, 08:18 PM
You are right about his recent history. However, he may have just faked the Eagles into trading 3 picks to get Cox.

Lately his trades have looked magical but his picks have been puke. If he capitalizes on all these picks...franchise...

HarveyWallbangers

So, after all these years you finally have come to TT's way of thinking.
:)

Rastak
Cards take Floyd!

Bretsky
Fitz and Floyd....time for a run on defense I think

Rastak
04-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Rams pissed - or they grab Hill......

pbmax

Arizona did wind up drafting Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd. Which should leave LSU DT Michael Brockers for St. Louis.

red
so, the cards have fitz, and now floyd, but still no one to throw the ball to either

nice

HarveyWallbangers
Anybody think Weedon is this year's Andy Dalton?

Rastak
04-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Good point Red

mmmdk
I like this Floyd kid, gonna be special!

Joemailman
OVERVIEW
Floyd has been a game changer at the collegiate level and possesses the size, aggressiveness and game experience to make a difference early in his transition to the NFL. Floyd has been an extremely productive deep threat, as well as a physical blocker and a reliable third-down playmaker, for the Fighting Irish throughout his career. His on-field maturity, physical nature and ability to make the big catch will outweigh some off-field mishaps, as Floyd projects to be one of the first receives taken in the draft.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Floyd is a polished receiver who shows a burst off the line of scrimmage, despite his frame. He is a solid route runner who will consistently make the big catch. He is an excellent athlete who is strong and contributes in the run game with his physicality on the edge. A receiver who is tough across the middle, Floyd will make the difficult catch and get upfield. Floyd brings that No. 1 receiver presence to the next level and projects to produce to that standard. Floyd's frame and explosiveness off the line make him a presence that is felt by opposing defenses. As a blocker, Floyd will do more than just mirror defenders, as he will come down the line of scrimmage and crack linebackers. He is a red-zone threat at any level.
WEAKNESSES Floyd does not have game-breaking speed as a deep threat, and he hasn't always been consistent. Prior injuries could raise a red flag, along with various off-field issues.

Rastak

Could be....alot of people like him. And he doesn't have red hair that I know of......

woodbuck27
Arizona Team Needs: Offensive Line, Outside Linebacker, Wide Receiver

It should be.... OT Riley Reiff but NO! ............... It's WR Malcolm Floyd.

Help for Larry Fitzerald. He and Malcolm Floyd will develop a special relationship. This team just got alot better.

imscott72
04-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Gotta think Ingram or Brockers to the Rams..

red

except weeden is like 20 years older

Lurker64
Pack locked in on OLB?

With Gilmore off the board, it's almost certainly a DE or an OLB. Outside chance of Harrison Smith, but doubt he's BVA.

Rastak
04-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Rams: Brockers? Coples? Hill at WR?

Bretsky
I think the Rams are bummed.......IMO they wanted Floyd.........trade back and get a fourth second rounder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rastak
With Gilmore off the board, it's almost certainly a DE or an OLB. Outside chance of Harrison Smith, but doubt he's BVA.

Hoping for Smith at 35 to Minny.....or a WR.

pittstang5
04-26-2012, 08:23 PM
That's it......keeping taking offense. Leaves more def for us

Smeefers
Im sort of surprised there's not more OL flying off the shelves.

Rastak
I think the Rams are bummed.......IMO they wanted Floyd.........trade back and get a fourth second rounder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could go Hill as I mentioned a couple times.

pbmax
There is betting on Twitter on the Commish hugs. Started with the one arm bro hug. Then to two arm hugs. Apparently we are up to reunion hugs. Bets are which pick will kiss him hello.

Cheesehead Craig
Hoping Ingram keeps off the board and keep my hope alive the Pack trade up to get him.

pbmax
04-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Im sort of surprised there's not more OL flying off the shelves.

Oh why did Cliffy have to have back surgery BEFORE the draft!?

red
Hoping for Smith at 35 to Minny.....or a WR.

whats the work on the wr that you guys would be looking at in the second?

mmmdk
That's it......keeping taking offense. Leaves more def for us

I think so too!

Bretsky
04-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Could go Hill as I mentioned a couple times.

Hill here would be a reach.......they gotta go D here I'd think

Brando19
Nooooo offensive line please!

pbmax

3 DB drafted in top 10 for first time since 2005 (Adam Jones, Antrel Rolle, Carlos Rogers).

That is a mixed bag right there.

Bretsky
04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Oh why did Cliffy have to have back surgery BEFORE the draft!?

Let's get mentally prepared for TT to draft an offensive player.........

OL anybody ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

Joemailman
St. Louis need an OT?

pbmax
King and Schefter are just repeating each other now. King says Brockers.

woodbuck27
04-26-2012, 08:27 PM
St. Louis RAMS Needs:Wide Receiver, Offensive Tackle, Defensive Tackle

OT Riley Reiff? No they go to their third need at DT and pick DT Michael Brockers.

Cheesehead Craig
King is correct

Rastak
whats the work on the wr that you guys would be looking at in the second?

I like Kendall Wright.....

Bretsky
Good Pick Rams ............solid

Rastak
04-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Hill here would be a reach.......they gotta go D here I'd think

Not a shock, and a good pick with Brockers.

Bretsky
get these dam OL off the board

imscott72
Ingram to the Seachickens and Coples to the Jets?

Bretsky
04-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Seattle...Jones ???

Joemailman
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/michael-brockers?id=2533050

OVERVIEW
Brockers is an elite athlete with positional versatility. He came to LSU as a thick linebacker prospect before putting on weight and shifting to the defensive line. Teams that run a 3-4 defense could be interested in playing him as a defensive end, because he is athletic enough to work from the edge in a scheme that requires bigger ends to maintain their blockers and keep the linebackers free. Brockers, however, has more value as a 3-tech defensive tackle within a 4-3 defense. He will make an immediate impact as a rookie.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Brockers has a massive frame and the ability to play a number of different roles depending on the scheme. He can handle double-teams, which he regularly demands, while working inside. He excels against the run and would shore up the middle of a team's defense the second he arrived at camp. With thick, powerful legs, he was able to out-leverage nearly every lineman he faced in the SEC. Brockers is able to take advantage of his long arms, and can work off his block toward the ball. He sniffs out plays, possessing an uncanny ability to diagnose screens and draws.
WEAKNESSES Brockers has been a starter for just one full year, and is still developing. He has poor pass-rushing technique and relies on his natural ability in many phases of the game. He has a tendency to stand upright, causing him to lose a lot of power. Brockers is slow to use his hands to defend against jolt blocks and exposes his frame on most plays. He is a raw player who has grown physically at a rapid pace and is still getting a feel for his body.

Scott Campbell
So were tracking to pick at about 9pm mountain.

red
04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
st. louis-

d-line in the first round in 2011, 2008 and 2007 and now 2012

damnit, they're gonna get a first round d-lineman thats gonna work out come hell or high water

pbmax
04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
CBS has Bruce Irvin to Seattle

Bretsky
04-26-2012, 08:31 PM
HOLY HOLY HOLY SHIT

Rastak
04-26-2012, 08:31 PM
LOL - Bruce Irvin........to Seahawks