PDA

View Full Version : Official Day Two 2012 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Best players on the board (IMO, for the Packers, no particular order)

Kendall Reyes, DE, UConn
Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall
Andre Branch, OLB, Clemson
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
Stephen Hill, WR, GT
Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
Mike Martin, NT, Michigan
Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Wash St.
Derek Wolfe, DE, Cincinnati
Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State
Brandon Hardin, S, Oregon State
Brandon Brooks, S, Miami (Ohio)
LaDarius Green, TE, Louisianna-Lafayette
Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (Florida)
Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple.
Chris Polk, RB, Washington
Trumaine Johnson, CB/S Montana
Billy Winn, DE, Boise
Bobby Wagner, ILB, Utah State

I expect these are the players the Packers will target (putting it here in case it makes me look smart.)

I would not be surprised to see TT take a RB or OL in the second.

ND72
04-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I"ve seen some mocks now where Reyes and Konz are taken by us (different mocks). I would be ok with either. Besides those 2 I also like Lamar Miller, Chris Polk, Trumaine Johnson, Jared Crick, and Derek Wolfe. Wouldn't be surprised with a Markelle Martin though.

sharpe1027
04-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Round 2 and it is already time to just close your eyes and throw a dart try to guess. Anyone heard much on Alex Green's recovery? If he's not coming back 100% a RB looks more appealing. Hardly any have been picked yet, but that will probably change by the time we pick.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Round 2 and it is already time to just close your eyes and throw a dart try to guess. Anyone heard much on Alex Green's recovery? If he's not coming back 100% a RB looks more appealing. Hardly any have been picked yet, but that will probably change by the time we pick.

Alex Green is on track for camp, and that's pretty much all they'll tell us. I would also say that 3 RBs is more than almost anybody expected to go in the first. After Miller, Polk, and Pierce I don't see any day 2 fits, so the Packers may have to take one in round 2 if they want one. conveniently, there are going to be a ton of OL and WRs coming off the board early in Round 2.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 01:23 PM
TT and ROUND TWO:

Trade Up alot !! Too simple . Don't sit on #59 Ted Thompson in Round Two.

Hopefully he went to school last night.

His sitting on #28 ( DE/OLB (3-4 'D') Nick Perry (nice !) can turn into a major two player haul for his team; but he has to get into a better position.

TT has to be aggressive and no piddling trade up with his fourth. Use some trade space that offers less talent.

I'd like him to at least trade up withy his third or to about #45...Heck add the 4th Rd. pick...that's up five more slots.

It's a 'GO BIG or stay home' situation today. It's today NOT tomorrow.

GO Ted Thompson.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Honestly TT can either trade up or down in the second. The bottom of the second looks to be the start of a tier, so trading back into the high third (when that tier runs out) and netting an extra pick would be sensible.

No guarantee the Packers won't sit at #59 and have a good player fall in their lap though. Lots of people the Packers don't really want (Cordy Glenn, Jonathan Martin, Courtney Upshaw, Zach Brown, Jonathan Martin, Janoris Jenkins) could go before the Packers pick.

sharpe1027
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Do they really need more picks this year? I wonder if they could swing a trade for a higher pick next year instead.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Do they really need more picks this year? I wonder if they could swing a trade for a higher pick next year instead.

The Packers, like every other team, need to maximize value. If there are eight guys available at #59 with the same grade, then trading back six spots makes sense no matter what. If you anticipate this scenario, you try to trade up before the logjam hits you, but it takes two to tango and you can't always trade up without overpaying.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Honestly TT can either trade up or down in the second. The bottom of the second looks to be the start of a tier, so trading back into the high third (when that tier runs out) and netting an extra pick would be sensible.

No guarantee the Packers won't sit at #59 and have a good player fall in their lap though. Lots of people the Packers don't really want (Cordy Glenn, Jonathan Martin, Courtney Upshaw, Zach Brown, Mike Martin, Janoris Jenkins) could go before the Packers pick.

I don't want any of those fellas.

I like among these prospects: DE Vinny Curry and DT Kendall Reyes are attractive and do you like C Peter Konz and DT/DE Derek Wolfe...all at about Pick #50-#56 or before?

sharpe1027
04-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I agree with what you are saying, but I was more interested in the possibility of higher picking up picks next year. You usually get more bang for you buck if you are willing to trade for future picks.

pbmax
04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Technically Day 1 news, but since the Rams traded down to secure half the picks in Round 2, its going here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/27/rams-were-poised-to-pick-blackmon-before-jaguars-traded-up/

Short version? Jags trade up and nabbing of Blackmon screwed them up. A good counter argument for the Browns to defend trading up.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree with what you are saying, but I was more interested in the possibility of higher picking up picks next year. You usually get more bang for you buck if you are willing to trade for future picks.

We need two more outstanding picks this draft.

Konz is graded at 87 and Curry and Reyes at 86. They are pooled in the range of Picks 50-52.

Pick #59 can be a player graded at 84. ie RB David Wilson.

if TT trades down about 10 picks he's getting a prospect at a grade of 80. If he trades down for value he's likely be targeting prospects like CB Josh Rpbinson; ILB Mychal kendricks; CB Casey Hayward; DE Olivier Vernon; RB's LaMichael James and Isiah Pead or DT Mike Martin. All those prospects are in the pool by trading back about ten picks.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 03:19 PM
We need two more outstanding picks this draft.

Konz is graded at 87 and Curry and Reyes at 86. They are pooled in the range of Picks 50-52.

Pick #59 can be a player graded at 84. ie RB David Wilson.

Curious where your ratings are coming from, I'm pretty sure they're not TT's ratings.

Also, David Wilson is a New York Giant, he was pick #32 so I'm not sure why you're bringing him up. If anything, it blows up the correlation between draft slot and whatever grades you're using. I'm sure relatively few people had Bruce Irvin with a higher grade than Melvin Ingram.

Freak Out
04-27-2012, 05:48 PM
So what RB does TT grab this draft. The Packers do need one right?

sheepshead
04-27-2012, 05:55 PM

No guarantee the Packers won't sit at #59 and have a good player fall in their lap though. Lots of people the Packers don't really want (Cordy Glenn, Jonathan Martin, Courtney Upshaw, Zach Brown, Jonathan Martin, Janoris Jenkins) could go before the Packers pick.

How do you figure? TT said he tried moving up and down yesterday - no avail.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 05:58 PM

You always make calls, to check in both directions. It's called due dilligence. Easier to make a trade when you're on the clock after you've already been talking to a team when you're not on the clock.

sheepshead
04-27-2012, 06:00 PM
You always make calls, to check in both directions. It's called due dilligence. Easier to make a trade when you're on the clock after you've already been talking to a team when you're not on the clock.

I dont follow that, I just thought you knew something. Sounds like he went through those gyrations yesterday. The pick came late as I recall.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 06:02 PM

I'm just thing it's now and this coming season not looking up the road too far.

The winners in Round one made aggressive moves (Dallas and NE) or psyched out a team (Minny and Clevland is humourous).

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Maybe?

Teams are a bit hesitant to help out a team that won a Super Bowl two seasons ago and went 15-1 in the regular season last?

RashanGary
04-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Star DE then star safety in that order.

Superbowl here we come!

Rastak
04-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Safety group was 2 deep this year.......Brain Quick sure went early.

Guiness
04-27-2012, 06:10 PM
TT and ROUND TWO:

Trade Up alot !! Too simple . Don't sit on #59 Ted Thompson in Round Two.

Hopefully he went to school last night.

His sitting on #28 ( DE/OLB (3-4 'D') Nick Perry (nice !) can turn into a major two player haul for his team; but he has to get into a better position.

TT has to be aggressive and no piddling trade up with his fourth. Use some trade space that offers less talent.

I'd like him to at least trade up withy his third or to about #45...Heck add the 4th Rd. pick...that's up five more slots.

It's a 'GO BIG or stay home' situation today. It's today NOT tomorrow.

GO Ted Thompson.

Do you really think it's that important to be aggressive? I like TT's strategy of letting the draft come to him...and not feeling a need to go get a specific player unless he's absolutely sold on him - works about as good as can be.

The draft is balanced by design. There's a finite amount of picks, and everybody gets an even share. It's not possible to 'create wealth'. At best, you can get some of somebody else's. You have to spend what you have wisely.

Having said that, I hope TT does see someone he thinks is worthwhile moving up for. I just don't know how 12 bodies fits on this team come TC.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Last people in the Green Room: Devon Still, Courtney Upshaw, Stephen Hill, and Rueben Randle. TT has twice selected the last guy in the Green Room, maybe if Still is there at #59...

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I dont follow that, I just thought you knew something. Sounds like he went through those gyrations yesterday. The pick came late as I recall.

TT always takes close to the full time allotted, just in case someone wants to trade for the pick. He made Aaron Rodgers wait 15 minutes...

sheepshead
04-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Do you really think it's that important to be aggressive? I like TT's strategy of letting the draft come to him...and not feeling a need to go get a specific player unless he's absolutely sold on him - works about as good as can be.

The draft is balanced by design. There's a finite amount of picks, and everybody gets an even share. It's not possible to 'create wealth'. At best, you can get some of somebody else's. You have to spend what you have wisely.

Having said that, I hope TT does see someone he thinks is worthwhile moving up for. I just don't know how 12 bodies fits on this team come TC.

I agree. I think there is way more emotion involved in trading up then real knowledge. Its a crap shoot, thats proven every year. The price always seems too high to move up especially in the first round

Scott Campbell
04-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Last people in the Green Room: Devon Still, Courtney Upshaw, Stephen Hill, and Rueben Randle. TT has twice selected the last guy in the Green Room, maybe if Still is there at #59...

Why do guys even subject themselves to that? Those suits won't come out of the closet again until there's a funeral.

More people need to follow the lead of Joe Thomas.

sheepshead
04-27-2012, 06:15 PM
TT always takes close to the full time allotted, just in case someone wants to trade for the pick. He made Aaron Rodgers wait 15 minutes...

LOL Ok..thats my damn point

I dont want to beat this ( I already am) but heres what you said:Honestly TT can either trade up or down in the second.

So I asked what makes you think he can, because he couldn't yesterday and wanted to.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Good thing we got our pass rusher early, after Curry and Branch, there's a loooooong drop off until you get to the next guy (probably Ronnell Lewis).

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
So I asked what makes you think he can, because he couldn't yesterday and wanted to.

Easier to figure out fair value in the later rounds. Old chart pretty much applies in the second (rookie salaries didn't change much after round one), but definitely does not in the first. Probably couldn't trade up because nobody was willing to take his best offer, and couldn't trade down because nobody offered him fair value for the pick (IIRC Baltimore took a fourth to move down six spots, don't think TT would.)

sheepshead
04-27-2012, 06:19 PM
never mind

Rastak
04-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Easier to figure out fair value in the later rounds. Old chart pretty much applies in the second (rookie salaries didn't change much after round one), but definitely does not in the first. Probably couldn't trade up because nobody was willing to take his best offer, and couldn't trade down because nobody offered him fair value for the pick (IIRC Baltimore took a fourth to move down six spots, don't think TT would.)

Seemed to me the compensation for moving down was indeed lower than in years past.....seemed that way.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 06:22 PM
DAMN IT! Wolfe off the board!

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:23 PM
There's JH's guy. Might have made it in the first after all if the Broncos didn't trade out.

Probably gets picked because he's got more upside as a pass rusher than other DTs, but I think he'll get washed out in the run game against better OGs.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm watching to see who picks OLB Ronnell Lewis.That man hits Haaaarrrd. He has a ton of upside. He has issues in school with his interest in academics..hates the books but he's intriguing.He may have a really bad mean streak in him though.

He's on the board I use at about #60 and is predicted to go in the late second or early third round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuZxKV83cO4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQgjTtfmg5w&feature=related

I got onto this fella late and he's a player with the right mentoring....upside galore.

Rastak
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
WR Randle or Hill here?

Guiness
04-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Upshaw to Baltimore. He could be good, he's going to have a chance to learn from the best.

RashanGary
04-27-2012, 06:25 PM
There's JH's guy. Might have made it in the first after all if the Broncos didn't trade out.

Probably gets picked because he's got more upside as a pass rusher than other DTs, but I think he'll get washed out in the run game against better OGs.

He's a pure 3-4 DE. Not as good against the run as DT's, but better than DE's. Not as good rushing the passer as OLB/DE's, but better than DT's. He's pure 3-4 DE. Maybe the best in this draft.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:27 PM
He's a pure 3-4 DE. Not as good against the run as DT's, but better than DE's. Not as good rushing the passer as OLB/DE's, but better than DT's. He's pure 3-4 DE. Maybe the best in this draft.

But now he's playing defensive tackle, and I don't love the fit. I wonder how badly Worthy really interviewed, since I really liked the Worthy fit in the 43.

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Wow. Wolfe sure generates different opinions. Gil Brandt had him rated 121st. Others obviously had him a lot higher.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM

I was really hoping he'd fall to us in the 2nd or TT would trade up to get him. Didn't see the Broncos go for him.

Guiness
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
This was NOT nice!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/18859683/mohamad-sanu-prankcalled-in-first-round-of-2012-nfl-draft

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm stil praying for my cousin Vinny

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Jags take Andre Branch.

Bretsky
good pick by the Jags........boom........bye bye pass rushers

Poor dude has to go the Jags; that might be about the last team in the NFL I'd want to go to.

Tight asses....bad team...bad QB

Lurker64
First player off the board I did not have a draftable (by the Packers) grade on: Schwartz.

Also, if anybody needs a pass rusher, there's one left. Go get Vinny Curry!

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 06:31 PM
WHAT IN THE HELL DID MY RAMS DO............really ?????????????

Guiness
Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson
At 6-4, 270 pounds Branch has the size and athleticism to intrigue 4-3 and 3-4 teams, alike. He has great lateral agility, which allows him to change directions and run down ball-carriers toward the sidelines. Branch's tape is a bit inconsistent but there is no denying the burst and flexibility he possesses and that these traits project very well as an NFL pass rusher. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Rastak
Schefty says Jenorius the idiot Jenkins

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 06:32 PM
First player off the board I did not have a draftable (by the Packers) grade on: Schwartz.

Also, if anybody needs a pass rusher, there's one left. Go get Vinny Curry!

I'm still pondering if Curry could be in the DE rotation. You could flip him around and use him a lot of ways.

Rastak
04-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Yup, Jenkins the genius....

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Rams take Jenkins. Best talent that was out there.

Bretsky
Man, if the Rams drafted Upshaw in round two............and Randle or quick here............stupid idiots !!!

pittstang5
I'm stil praying for my cousin Vinny

Don't say it, he'll be the next to go.

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Jerel Worthy best player out there?

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Who gets this guy? Ronnell Lewis.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Where-does-Oklahoma-DE-Ronnell-Lewis-fit-in-the-2012-NFL-Draft.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBXxsnIw0s&feature=related

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 06:35 PM

Cordy Glenn on my board (BPA)

Lurker64
Rams take Jenkins. Best talent that was out there.

The parallels to Pac-Man Jones are scary, though.

Lurker64

Kendall Reyes or Stephen Hill, IMO.

Bretsky
Here we are in the early fourty's.........this is where I've dreamed of TT getting to. Get er done TTT

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Devon Still........I"d be on board for this guy to fall into our laps

Guiness
04-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Yup, Jenkins the genius....

Would you rather have this guy, or Clairborne, who stopped answering questions on the Wonderlific because it wasn't about football, and he went to the combine to do football related stuff?

I'd say it's a toss up, and they got Jenkins for a much lower pick, lol!

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Panthers select Amini Silatolu

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Silatolu can be very, very good at OG. I'm just astonished Carolina passed on Worthy. They need DTs bad. Did he punch a coach?

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Panthers go with OG Amini Silatolu in Round two....No. 40 overall.

Rastak
04-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Would you rather have this guy, or Clairborne, who stopped answering questions on the Wonderlific because it wasn't about football, and he went to the combine to do football related stuff?

I'd say it's a toss up, and they got Jenkins for a much lower pick, lol!

Claiborne since it was just a test....jenkins....22 years old, 4 kids by 3 women.......now that is a brilliant guy.....

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
TV's getting way behind the draft again.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 06:43 PM
That isn't a bad ratio of babies to mammas

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 06:44 PM
TV's getting way behind the draft again.

Heard them say Jets moved up to Seattle's spot, but Miami's pick hasn't even been announced yet. How do other teams know who's been taken?

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 06:44 PM
With Pick #41 .... BILLS go OT ... LT or LG Cordy Glenn.

This fella is HUGE.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Heard them say Jets moved up to Seattle's spot, but Miami's pick hasn't even been announced yet. How do other teams know who's been taken?

As soon as the pick is turned in, they tell the other teams who was picked and the next team comes on the clock. They also tell the TV production truck who was picked, so they can prepare the graphics when they announce the pick.

We just have to wait for Roger to toddle to the podium.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 06:47 PM
The Jets will go WR and Stephen Hill of Geogia Tech.

Rastak
Somebody should hit him with a cattle prod Lurker.....

pittstang5
As soon as the pick is turned in, they tell the other teams who was picked and the next team comes on the clock. They also tell the TV production truck who was picked, so they can prepare the graphics when they announce the pick.

We just have to wait for Roger to toddle to the podium.

Kinda figured there must have been a way other teams knew. Brain Fart

Joemailman
Stephen Hill here?

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2012, 06:50 PM
I didn't see Monty Ball on Mel Kiper's list of available running backs. Not sure why I can't remember, but Ball must be coming back to UW. I see Russell Wilson is down Mel's list a ways, after Kirk Cousins. I can see Wilson being a really good pro.

pbmax
04-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Love Dwight Stevenson. And loved seeing Gary Collins (looks a tad heavy for WR these days). Sorry to see Wolfe gone. Lots of O line moving off the board. Seems like a lot of WRs left.

Wesley Waker was fantastic as a Jet.

pbmax
04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Toon was eighth on Mayock's list of WRs left.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:52 PM
What are the Bears trading up for? Has to be OL right?

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 06:52 PM
PB - Those O-line guys can keep moving. but I'm afraid there's gonna be a run on D-lineman soon.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 06:54 PM
What are the Bears trading up for? Has to be OL right?

Probably to take another player I wanted.

Lurker64
Once the Bears pick, we are in the range where our third and second round picks would be enough to get us on the clock (according to the chart).

Joemailman
Chiefs select Jeff Allen

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Our fourth round pick might get us into Cincinnati's spot ahead of Detroit.

pbmax
04-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Otis, my man!

pbmax
04-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Bears with another WR. Might need to draft Antuan Edwards.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:03 PM

Coby Fleener (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28327)
Stanford
TE

Indianapolis (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/ind/year/2012)

Courtney Upshaw (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29053)
Alabama
DE

Baltimore (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/bal/year/2012)
from Minnesota

Derek Wolfe (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27545)
Cincinnati
DT

Denver (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/den/year/2012)
from Tampa Bay

Mitchell Schwartz (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27497)
California
OT

Cleveland (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/cle/year/2012)

Andre Branch (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27557)
Clemson
DE

Jacksonville (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/jac/year/2012)

Janoris Jenkins (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28085)
North Alabama
CB

St. Louis (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/stl/year/2012)
from Washington

Amini Silatolu (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28689)
Midwestern State
OG

Carolina (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/car/year/2012)

Cordy Glenn (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29046)
Georgia
OT

Buffalo (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/buf/year/2012)

Jonathan Martin (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28326)
Stanford
OT

Miami (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/mia/year/2012)

Stephen Hill (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29011)
Georgia Tech
WR

NY Jets (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/nyj/year/2012)
from Seattle

Jeff Allen (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27796)
Illinois
OG

Kansas City (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/kan/year/2012)

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Bears with another WR. Might need to draft Antuan Edwards.

Between Marshall and Jeffrey, Bears sure aren't looking for speed from their WRs.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
13 #45 Alshon Jeffery (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28294) ;South Carolina; WR

Chicago (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/chi/year/2012)
from Dallas through St. Louis
14 #46 Mychal Kendricks (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28662); California; ILB

Philadelphia (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/phi/year/2012)
Up Next ...15m #47 Seattle (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/sea/year/2012)
from NY Jets

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:07 PM
There goes one of my guys. Would have liked Wagner in GB. Not with the board looking like this though.

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Come on TT. Trade up and get Worthy.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Damn, good pick by Seattle. Going pass rush with first two picks.

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
HOODY GENIUS

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
TY for not drafitng my Cousin Vinny

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
There goes one of my guys. Would have liked Wagner in GB. Not with the board looking like this though.

do you think TT would consider Curry if he falls into our lap, or is he out ?

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:13 PM
OK, let's get a current list of BPA; I just got back from supper with the kids

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Tavon Wilson? WTF Pats? Someone must know something I don't (goes without saying)

This is setting up nicely for the Packers though.

gbgary
the run on oline has forced some d our way. if there's someone there he really wants tt should try to trade up.

pittstang5

Where would he play. too slow for OLB, not big enough for DE. Just pass rusher on passing downs?

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:15 PM

BPAs right now are Kendall Reyes and Vinny Curry I think.

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Packers moved up!

Fritz
04-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Worthy and Still still out there, right?

Bretsky
Packers moved up!

I call bullshit

Fritz
What?

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Worthy and Still still out there, right?

Vinny Curry.................

Guiness
Eagles get Kendricks. He could really turn into something. Fastest LB 40 in over a decade, and 25 reps on the bench.

Lurker64
Okay, now BPA is probably Curry or Worthy.

Trading up for Worthy?

pbmax
Best Available Rank Pos (Rk) School

Jerel Worthy 1 DT(4) MIST

Devon Still 2 DT(5) PSU

Rueben Randle 3 WR(5) LSU

Kendall Reyes 4 DT(6) CT

Peter Konz 5 C(1) WI

Mike Adams 6 OT(5) OHST

Lavonte David 7 OLB(3) NE

Bobby Massie 8 OT(6) MS

Vinny Curry 9 DE(7) MRSHL

Josh Robinson 10 CB(5) UCF

Brando19
Pack moved up to 51!!! They still have their late 2nd too !

Lurker64
I call bullshit

Confirmed by LeRoy Butler on Twitter. Apparently taking Philly's spot.

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:18 PM
HOLY SHIT...............GB..............GOOD CALL JOE

Lurker64
Has to be Worthy?

Brandon494
Worthy?

Lurker64
Good trade, that 4th was totally tradeable.

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:19 PM
VINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYY

pbmax
Holy cripes, trade up and LeRoy Butler will be announcing.

pittstang5
Packers moved up!

If we take Worthy, I'm gonna......gonna...LOVE IT!

red
who's TT going after? worthy?

sharpe1027
Worth?

gbgary
the run on oline has forced some d our way. if there's someone there he really wants tt should try to trade up.

:whist:

woodbuck27
OK TT Trades up #59 >>>>#51 and who will it be?

pittstang5
Good trade, that 4th was totally tradeable.

Yep, we have 2 more...right?

Freak Out
Anyone find a decent tracker site?

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Worthy all day long>>GO TT !!!

Deputy Nutz
Peter Konz

Bretsky
Will you guys crap if we take Konz ???

RashanGary
My guy, Josh Robinson?

woodbuck27

Not perfect>>>but:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/rounds?round=2&year=2012&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft%2frounds%3fround%3d2%26year%3d2012

Sparkey
04-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Pack pick David or Konz

pittstang5
Curry would be good too...Worthy at this spot is awesome as hell

RashanGary

I would not be shocked.

imscott72
Worthy or Still here would be sweet...

gbgary
MORE D!!

Bretsky
Worthy...Still........Konz.......my cousin Vinny

pbmax
Butler tweeting its worthy

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
IF you want to spoil yourself:

http://twitter.com/leap36/status/196030547204648960

pittstang5

I hope it's not Konz (Sorry Wis Fans)

imscott72
We got Worthy...Awesome..

woodbuck27
DT Jerel Worthy Grade 91 and just sitting there ready to be plucked.

gbgary
Jerel Worthy per schefter.

woodbuck27
We got Worthy...Awesome..

Waiting on announcement.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 07:23 PM
It's gotta be Worthy, it just has to be. Please!

Guiness

sportline.com got a toolbar thingee that is pretty good. Doesn't auto-update though, you have to refresh.

Bretsky
More D.........bring it TTT

I'd shit in my pants if they take Vinny; I started pimping him four months ago

pbmax

No, because front runner CBSsports.com, every time it refreshes it goes back to round 1.

RashanGary
04-27-2012, 07:24 PM
I hope TT's guy didn't get swiped by the teams in front of him.

Freak Out
I hate third party cookies. :)

Brandon494
JEREL WORTHY! GREAT PICK!

Freak Out
04-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Wow on Worthy.

woodbuck27
Waiting on announcement.

At #51 we get what..... NOT a WR...Maybe TT goes OL>> It's ???????? Picking Leroy Butler..at #51 we get the Man Yes Yes Yes !!!

DT Jerel Worthy. Value Value Value but ...... who is he????

Is WORTHY a Green Bay Packer ??

He was projected to go at #23 and we get him at #51 and he's the 4th Ranked DT in this DRAFT. He was first Round Grade (91) and to put it in perspective the grade on Nick Perry was (88) and he was projected to go at 38.

TT has killed it !!

We just have to get this DT focused and Happy in Green Bay.

Joemailman
TT is God!!! :wave:

Bretsky
Is this guy much better than Still ??????????????

Freak Out
04-27-2012, 07:26 PM
No, because front runner CBSsports.com, every time it refreshes it goes back to round 1.

I always block third party cookies.....but the NFL draft site I allowed them and now it works great.

red
thats a pretty damn good first 2 rounds

Deputy Nutz
Ok pick with Worthy, meets another need, I guess the Packers front office did realize that they had some personnel weaknesses on defense. Mike McCarthy is a fat, balding, liar.

I bet Rodgers is so pissed off right now.

Guiness
Analysis
Pass rush: May not put up huge sack numbers, but is a constant thorn in a quarterback's side in pass rush situations. Swims past lesser linemen with a shake and quick, violent hands. Closes on the passer in a hurry once free. Will sometimes line up a half-yard off the line to give himself room to make his move. Does not split doubles regularly or have a great bull rush, often giving up after initial contact. Run defense: Packs power and has quick feet to handle one or two-gap run defense responsibilities in the box. Tough to move, stands up blockers when anchoring against the run. Brings down backs from behind within the box and straight up the middle, but does not regularly chase plays downfield or towards the sideline. Spins off blocks but doesn't have elite change of direction to reach quicker backs going through the hole once he's left it. Gets caught up in his man chest at times, failing to get off to make a play. Quick backs elude him easily in the hole. Avoids cut tackles to stay upright, but lacks quick acceleration to get into plays away from him.

Explosion: Impressive explosiveness off the snap, shocks his man with a strong initial punch and can also out-quick him to get into the backfield. Quick to get low, create a pile in goal lone situations. Gets too worried about contact or penetrating a gap that sometimes forgets to find the ball.

Strength: Already excelling in this area, should get even stronger in a pro strength and conditioning program. Strong hands allow him to shed lineman in either direction to catch backs coming into his area; consistency in using them could be improved, however. Once he gets a guard on skates, puts them into the quarterback. Takes his man backwards when slanting, also effective occupying two men on twists to free up the end.

Tackling: Limited area of coverage results average tackle numbers for the position. Swallows up ballcarriers in the box with length and superior upper-body strength, though, leading teams to stay away from inside runs. Closes well on quarterbacks and running backs in the backfield and rarely gets go of ballcarriers once making contact. Has enough agility and athleticism to grab backs from behind after a strong swim move. Intangibles: His stamina and conditioning will be a concern for scouts unless improvements are made. Vocal on and off the field; points out potential hot receivers and run plays to teammates before the snap, something you don't see many interior linemen do. --Chad Reuter

pbmax
Not tall but he is BIG.

sharpe1027
04-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Is this guy much better than Still ??????????????

IDK, TT thinks so. He's a strong SOB for sure.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Nice Pick on Worthy...Solid two rounds here guys, solid.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Tenn got a nice pick with Zach Brown. Good talent, fell because of attitude.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:30 PM
JEREL WORTHY | Michigan State 6-23/8|308 lbs|4JR Huber Heights, OH (Wayne HS) 4/28/1990 (age 22) #99

A three-year starter, Jerel Worthy was a two-star DT/G recruit out of HS, choosing Michigan State over Nebraska, Cincinnati and Ohio. After redshirting in 2008, he became a starter in 2009 as a RS freshman (13 gp/11 st), finishing with 37 tkls, 9.0 tfl, 4.5 sacks and 2 pbu, earning Freshman All-American honors. Worthy started every game in 2010 as a sophomore (13 gp/13 st), recording 40 tkls, 8.0 tfl, 4.0 sacks and 3 pbu, earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors. He had his most productive season in 2011 as a junior (14 gp/14 st), finishing with 30 tkls, 10.5 tfl, 3.5 sacks, 1 pbu and 2 blocks, earning First Team All-American and All-Big Ten honors. Worthy decided to forego his remaining eligibility and go pro.
STRENGTHS: Worthy has a naturally wide body and looks the part with good bulk throughout his frame. He has a strong upper body with very good swim and other arm moves to beat initial blocker – uses effective rush technique to blow up the backfield. Worthy bursts off the snap and can get past the LOS before the blocker is even out of his stance. He shows natural explosion with very good quickness, timing the snap count to penetrate. Worthy has strong, long arms and does a nice job getting his hands up in passing lanes and on FGs and extra points – 80” wingspan. He has raw power to bull rush blockers and has an active playing style, making it tough for him to control. Worthy is versatile, seeing time at both three- and five-technique in college. He built a solid résumé with 38 career starts the past three seasons, collecting 27.5 tfl and 12.0 sacks.

WEAKNESSES: Worthy will play too tall and knocked backwards off the snap, struggling with leverage and getting too upright in his stance – sloppy technique. He needs to do a better job disengaging at the POA to make plays at the LOS. Worthy needs to be more aggressive with his hands and lacks the raw strength to toss aside blockers. He has too many bad habits, lowering his head into contact and losing ball location. Worthy needs to finish in space when he’s in reach of the ballcarrier. He had too many offsides penalties and needs to consistently use accurate snap anticipation. Worthy looks disinterested at times and lacks the consistent motor NFL teams seek – not a passion player and disappears for stretches. He left the field on obvious passing downs a lot in college and needs to play full-go when he’s on the field – doesn’t show same intensity on every snap.

OVERALL: Worthy wasn’t highly regarded out of the prep ranks, but worked hard to get on the field and make his mark, becoming the first All-American DT at Michigan State in 40 years. He is a first step player, struggling to get off blocks and win at the POA if he doesn’t get a quick start and needs to show better leverage to win against single blockers – inconsistent leverage and fundamentals are frustrating. Worthy has explosive get-off burst and is constantly the first defender to move off the ball, but this also leads to offsides penalties, relying on snap anticipation to be effective – talented off the snap, but isn’t the dominant player he’s made out to be and has a “buyer beware” tag because of his limitations if he doesn’t win off the snap.

PROJECTION: 2nd-3rd Round COMPARISON: Brandon Mebane WORKOUT RESULTS: 5.03 40-YD DASH // 28 REPS // 28.5” V // 8’11” BJ // 7.60 3C // 4.56 SS

Guiness
04-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Here's a little sidebar:

Peyton Manning texts congratulations to new Colt Andrew Luck

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d828ae095/article/peyton-manning-texts-congratulations-to-new-colt-andrew-luck

I was never a big fan of PM and his chicken dance, but this is a very classy move.

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Ok pick with Worthy, meets another need, I guess the Packers front office did realize that they had some personnel weaknesses on defense. Mike McCarthy is a fat, balding, liar.

I bet Rodgers is so pissed off right now.

I bet Rodgers is pretty dam happy; building the D is the best way to get back to the big show. Our O is pretty set

Tony Oday
04-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Pad level Worthy!

Spaulding
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
So we gave up our 2nd and 4th rounders to move up 8 spots?? If so I can live with that. Still surprised they took Worthy over Still given his character concerns but happy our first two picks went to the front seven.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Nobody loves Vinny Curry like I do, I guess.

pbmax
04-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Love the old vets. Issac Curtis was phenomenal.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 07:34 PM
I love the comment, "that if he doesn't win of the snap he has limitations,"

I mean who gets paid to write this crap? What defensive linemen doesn't have limitations when he loses off the ball?

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Nice Pick on Worthy...Solid two rounds here guys, solid.

It doesn't get better !

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM

I like Vinny Curry but he is too small to play defensive end in a 3-4 and the Packers went with Perry to play outside. I am sick of hearing about Thompson not drafting for need, or any team not drafting for need, that is what the draft is about in the first few rounds, solidifying positions with guys you expect to start in a 2 years.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
TT officially doesn't care about the front 7 at all.

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
there goes Devon Still............I feel better about GB's trade up now
Can I still dream of Vinny Curry ????

Is Wist Shitting in his pants after saying TT will go offense in two of the first three picks ??

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/DT

26*Jerel Worthy (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1689519/jerel-worthy) ..DT... Rank #4 ....Michigan StaterJr ...6'-2" .... 308 lbs ....Projected RD 1-2

I'm so happy i can't believe it.

Vinny Curry is still there too.....mmmmm I like him.

15 #47

Bobby Wagner (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28903)
Utah State
ILB

Seattle (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/sea/year/2012)
from NY Jets

16 #48

Tavon Wilson (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27792)
Illinois
S

New England (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/nwe/year/2012)
from Oakland

17#49

Kendall Reyes (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27589)
Connecticut
DT

San Diego (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/sdg/year/2012)

18#50

Isaiah Pead (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27542)
Cincinnati
RB

St. Louis (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/stl/year/2012)
from Chicago

19#51

Jerel Worthy (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28009)
Michigan State
DT

Green Bay (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/gnb/year/2012)
from Arizona through Philadelphia

20#52

Zach Brown (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28094)
North Carolina
OLB

Tennessee (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/ten/year/2012)

21#53

Devon Still (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28182)
Penn State
DT

Cincinnati (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/cin/year/2012)

22#54

Ryan Broyles (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28769)
Oklahoma
WR

Detroit (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/det/year/2012)

Lurker64
Potential targets in the third round:
Markelle Martin, Brandon Hardin, Brandon Brooks, Lamar Miller, Chris Polk, Trumaine Johnson,

Guiness
Who the heck is Tavon Wilson, the FS that NE picked?

George Cumby
TT officially doesn't care about the front 7 at all.

fuckin' A.

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:38 PM

Dude...........I do..........I've been pimping Vinny for months and IMO..........he'll end up a better pro than Worthy

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 07:38 PM
there goes Devon Still............I feel better about GB's trade up now
Can I still dream of Vinny Curry ????

Is Wist Shitting in his pants after saying TT will go offense in two of the first three picks ??

Curry is the best defensive player out there now. Can't imagine he'll last long.

gbgary
04-27-2012, 07:39 PM
we have picks at 90 in the 3rd, 132 and 133 in the forth.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:39 PM
So Detroit gets their slot WR, since obviously that's not Titus Young's gig.

Bossman641
04-27-2012, 07:40 PM
So we gave up our 2nd and 4th rounders to move up 8 spots?? If so I can live with that. Still surprised they took Worthy over Still given his character concerns but happy our first two picks went to the front seven.

Fourth rounders?? What was the complete trade?

Brandon494
I like Vinny Curry but he is too small to play defensive end in a 3-4 and the Packers went with Perry to play outside. I am sick of hearing about Thompson not drafting for need, or any team not drafting for need, that is what the draft is about in the first few rounds, solidifying positions with guys you expect to start in a 2 years.

Like I said from the beginning posters were fooling themselves if they thought TT would pick an offensive player early just because they were the "BPA". Our defense needed help and so far TT is addressing those issues.

Bretsky
Trumaine Johnson would be a nice get in round three

Guiness
Lions taking a WR! lol

Barry Sanders announcing the pick. He must've looked at his card 5-6 times while he was doing it...I guess he must've forgotten he name on it!

Joemailman
I think it would be a nice gesture if Goodell would let Matt Millen announce the Lions next pick.

gbgary
04-27-2012, 07:41 PM
worthy is going to a de wearing number 99.

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 07:42 PM

Traded 59 and 123 for 51. Still have those 2 4th round comp picks.

Lurker64

#59+#124 for #51.

By the Chart Packers gave 310+48 for 390

Bretsky
Curry is the best defensive player out there now. Can't imagine he'll last long.

hmm.........both of our fourths for Vinny Curry........wait...dammit..........they are comp picks............we can't trade them........lol

pbmax
Who the heck is Tavon Wilson, the FS that NE picked?

Ty Dunne at JSO said he talked to teams who had him as a FA. Either Hoody genius or out thinking himself again.

pittstang5

Can't trade Comp. Picks.

Trade was for GB 2nd and GB 4th for Eagles 2nd. That's it.

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Like I said from the beginning posters were fooling themselves if they thought TT would pick an offensive player early just because they were the "BPA". Our defense needed help and so far TT is addressing those issues.

I was on record predicting 2 offensive players in the first four rounds. I can still be right!

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:43 PM
I'd love to see TT use that third for another tough DL though..........sweep out the junk and we had way too much riff raff playing key roles last year

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 07:44 PM
#99 Curse of death.

I would be amazed if Jared Crick made it to the Packers in Round 3. I also don't see much need, but he can get after the passer from the 5 tech, I don't see Worthy putting a lot of pressure on the qb, but I guess Hargrove will be asked to do that.

ND72
Couple things....Worthy is a great pick. Perry and Worthy made our defense significantly better already, and both could be day 1 starters.

Just a thoughts I read a lot of Curry....we wouldn't take 2 OLBs 2 rounds in a row. Perry and Matthews are our starters and Curry is not a 3-4 DE.

Now I wish Peter Konz or Lamichael James drop to us round 3.

ND72
Nevermind konz

Guiness
04-27-2012, 07:45 PM
And there goes Konz - Atlanta.

Bretsky
Varsity Varsity
You ra ra Wissssconsinnnn
Praise to thee we sing
Praise to theee our alma matter
youuuuuuuu
raaaaaaaaaaa
raaaaaaaaaaaa
Wisconsinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

HAIL TO YOU PETER KONZ..........

Deputy Nutz
Ty Dunne at JSO said he talked to teams who had him as a FA. Either Hoody genius or out thinking himself again.

i think there is a lot of bullshit that reporters have to swallow from these scouts, nobody takes a guy that demonstrates the skills of a FA in the second round.

Joemailman
Konz to Atlanta

smuggler
04-27-2012, 07:46 PM
A nice snipe by Green Bay. Now, if there were just some way we could have also acquired Konz...

Brandon494
I see us selecting a secondary player or running back with our 3rd round pick, hopefully we'll continue to go with defense.

Deputy Nutz
Varsity Varsity
You ra ra Wissssconsinnnn
Praise to thee we sing
Praise to theee our alma matter
youuuuuuuu
raaaaaaaaaaa
raaaaaaaaaaaa
Wisconsinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

HAIL TO YOU PETER KONZ..........

He was a better player than Worthy, but he didn't fill an immediate need for the Packers.

pbmax

If you meld your post with Nutz you get the byword value. All things being equal, take the projected talent at a spot of team need. But do not reach for the need. And do not overpay to move into a spot where the value is.

Sometimes you just can't get to the spot you need to be in to get the value at a need position. That is when you do BPA (or when rebuilding).

Lurker64
04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Steelers committing highway robbery so far.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Packers are having one of their best off seasons in quite a while,

shame.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 07:48 PM
If you meld your post with Nutz you get the byword value. All things being equal, take the projected talent at a spot of team need. But do not reach for the need. And do not overpay to move into a spot where the value is.

Sometimes you just can't get to the spot you need to be in to get the value at a need position. That is when you do BPA (or when rebuilding).

Had to read that twice, but makes perfect sense. Nice job.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Who will bet that TT goes three picks 'D'??

What did TT give up for that trade up fr. #59 to #51 >>> a 4th and his 5th?

pbmax
i think there is a lot of bullshit that reporters have to swallow from these scouts, nobody takes a guy that demonstrates the skills of a FA in the second round.

Could be. But I think its happened to both the Packers and Pats with picks a little later (4th I think?).

gbgary
I see us selecting a secondary player or running back with our 3rd round pick, hopefully we'll continue to go with defense.

this!!

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 07:50 PM

correct, but teams usually have enough talent still left on the board to take a position of need. All teams have more than one need, now the Packers reaching for a safety would have been a total reach, but when you compare Worthy to Konz, Konz is the better overall football player, but the Packers have a greater need on defense.

Bretsky
I could see James dropping to round three

I'd love another DL though. We'd go from pathetic to strong there and it would free up Matthews and Perry

Lurker64

I agree with this. By my board best players available when Packers picked up were Worthy, Curry, Randle, and Konz (pending medical). Worthy was the player with the highest grade who played a need position. Packers did not overpay to get #51 (they won on the chart.)

Bretsky
04-27-2012, 07:51 PM
He was a better player than Worthy, but he didn't fill an immediate need for the Packers.

I agree

Lurker64

Would really like to see Lamar Miller in Green Bay, Miami is terrible at college football, but they churn out some good NFL players. No better 1-cut and go runner in the draft.

Deputy Nutz
Bottom line if you look who was drafted so far between the 51st pick and the 59th pick, Thompson made the right decision moving up.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Freak Out try this one:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker/by-round#dt-by-round-input:2/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

pbmax
04-27-2012, 07:52 PM
correct, but teams usually have enough talent still left on the board to take a position of need. All teams have more than one need, now the Packers reaching for a safety would have been a total reach, but when you compare Worthy to Konz, Konz is the better overall football player, but the Packers have a greater need on defense.

Yes, but I do think the board can run away from you at times. It happened to the Packers at safety when they took Burnett. He was the only one left they wanted in a traditional Day 1 spot (rounds 1-3). So they had to trade for him if they wanted that talent.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Would really like to see Lamar Miller in Green Bay, Miami is terrible at college football, but they churn out some good NFL players. No better 1-cut and go runner in the draft.

I thought I read an article that says he is really banged up and has bad shoulders. Not good for a running back

Joemailman

I'd love another DL though. We'd go from pathetic to strong there and it would free up Matthews and Perry

Would you take Crick?

Brandon494

True but from where we are picking I knew quality players would still be left at the positions we needed which I why I knew we wouldn't see TT selecting an offensive player.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:55 PM

Yes good.

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't think anybody here knows how good Worthy is. Worthy was more impressive as sophomore than a junior. He is a "name" player, meaning the announcers talked him up as a stud on Michigan State's defense. But I don't remember him making that many plays in games, seemed like Gholson was more productive.

But hell, if TT thinks enough of the guy to move up in the draft, he's got to be special. I'm thrilled that they took a defensive lineman.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:56 PM
True but from where we are picking I knew quality players would still be left at the positions we needed which I why I knew we wouldn't see TT selecting an offensive player.

Are you a new Packer fan?

New is less than five years.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Would you take Crick?

If he's there in 3rd, without moving up, Hell yeah

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Would you take Crick?

I would, but right now the Packers have to shore up their secondary, look for some depth on the offensive line, and find a value at running back.

I do think the Packers are pretty excited on the three running backs they have signed, in Green, Starks, and the guy from ohio st(mind fucked)

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 07:59 PM
I would, but right now the Packers have to shore up their secondary, look for some depth on the offensive line, and find a value at running back.

I do think the Packers are pretty excited on the three running backs they have signed, in Green, Starks, and the guy from ohio st(mind fucked)

Saine

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't think anybody here knows how good Worthy is. Worthy was more impressive as sophomore than a junior. He is a "name" player, meaning the announcers talked him up as a stud Michigan State's defense. But I don't remember him making that many plays in games, seemed like Gholson was more productive.

But hell, if TT thinks enough of the guy to move up in the draft, he's got to be special. I'm thrilled that they took a defensive lineman.

yup ... over the top too much heat on BJ Raji last season. He was beat...worn down. I never thought that TT would pick a DT with this high a grade though.

I felt he might go DT in this draft but later.

Get his DE/OLB and a Safety. Look for value at LT that is a flexible talent for our OL.Pick at OG..and take a flyer at RB.

pbmax
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Gruden didn't like the pick and now Eliot Wolf is on Twitter saying that's a mark of success to disagree with Chucky. Trgo didn't like it either in his press conference.

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Bye Bye Vinny.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Wow, nice pick up eagles...damn. Cox and Curry, Curry and Cox.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Saine

Yeah that guy, tons of talent.

gbgary
04-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Worthy was more impressive as sophomore than a junior.

one of the draft gurus, mayock i think, said just the opposite. said he got pushed around his soph year but his next year he was the one doing the pushing.

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 08:02 PM
TT is going for it. He's talen two guys that have some risk, but have great upside.

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Saine

I'll go Nutz .....Deputy Nutz if TT goes RB LaMichael James in the third. He'll be gone by mid third round.

pbmax
I don't think anybody here knows how good Worthy is. Worthy was more impressive as sophomore than a junior. He is a "name" player, meaning the announcers talked him up as a stud on Michigan State's defense. But I don't remember him making that many plays in games, seemed like Gholson was more productive.

Is he a junior? I thought it was frosh and junior year good, sophomore bad.

pittstang5
Packer moved up again!!!!

hoosier
Gruden didn't like the pick and now Eliot Wolf is on Twitter saying that's a mark of success to disagree with Chucky. Trgo didn't like it either in his press conference.

Eliot Wolf is sounding more and more like a moron every day.

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Did they just say packers have traded up?

They did. They have 62nd pick.

gbgary
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
impressive interview on packers.com with worthy. sounds like a guy with a chip on his shoulder to prove doubters wrong, sounds determined and focused.

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 08:06 PM

That's what Eisen said

gbgary

They did. They have 62nd pick.

yup...number 62

imscott72
Wow we just traded up again..

pittstang5
04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Who are they going after, guess that means no 3rd rounder.

Joemailman
04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
TT is out of control!

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Wow, nice pick up eagles...damn. Cox and Curry, Curry and Cox.

Eagles are killing it this off season. Vinny Curry to them ....sucks. Position Grade was 46 and Grade 86...solid value to Eagles.

Andy Reed....is HAPPY.

Packers are trading up again! WOW I am so impressed that TT is going for talent.

Lurker64
Traded #90 and #163 for #62 (140+26.2 for 284)

Deputy Nutz
My guess is that Thompon is going to go with a cornerback

gbgary
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Who are they going after, guess that means no 3rd rounder.

90th is gone...and the 163rd.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM
It's not going to be L. James

woodbuck27
04-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Ohhh I wanted that RB....Lamichael James to Packers would have been wild !!! He hits HOME RUNS.