PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Optimism "copyright of Harvey Wallbangers"

RashanGary
04-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Peprah, Burnett and MD Jennings improve with experience.
Neal is healthy
Zombo is healthy

Perry can rush the passer
Worthy can rush the passer
Hargrove provides depth and rest to our best players
Hayward is a solid corner (protecting us from injury in the secondary)
Newhouse, Lang and Bulaga improve
Finley improves his reliablity
Cobb becomes a stronger offensive player and continues to be an excellent returner
Rodgers stays healthy

There is a chance our defense has a steadier secondary.
There is a chance our DL is deeper, stronger and lasts to and through the 4th quarter
There is a chance our DL and OLB group gets after the QB more consistently
There is a chance we have a platoon at OLB with Zombo/Perry that can cover all situations
There is a chance our OL and entire offense is even better

Not only are these possibilities, looking at the talent we've added and the probably growth of so many young players we rely on, most of these are more likely than not.

15-1 was good. We're going to rely a little more on raw talented players, will probably lose a couple games due to mistakes. But come playoff time, this looks like a young team that could hit their striide and dominate down the stretch.

Realistically, the Packers got better the last two days. Realistically, the Packers got better from within. Realistically, the Packers were already good. Realistically we're a front runner to be champions. It's been a fun two days. Thompson went for it all. Thompson senses our time is now. Thompson seems to feel we have depth at a lot of positions and put all of his focus on securing the positions of greatest need.

The reality is it's a great time to be a Packer fan.

Pugger
04-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Its been fun to be a Packer fan since the early 90s when Wolf came to town. I remember all too well the 70s and 80s. :-P

Fritz
04-28-2012, 09:26 AM
I think MD Jennings may be key. I think the coaches like that guy. Can he develop and challenge Peprah?

RashanGary
04-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I think MD Jennings may be key. I think the coaches like that guy. Can he develop and challenge Peprah?

More of that deep roaming FS type. Peprah and Burnett are both the SS Type. Yup, he has a chance to win that spot and improve it.

woodbuck27
04-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Its been fun to be a Packer fan since the early 90s when Wolf came to town. I remember all too well the 70s and 80s. :-P

The 70's...80's LOL

Rough times for Green Bay Packer fans...when being a Packer fan described LOYALTY.

GO Ted Thompson ! >>> GO PACK GO !