PDA

View Full Version : Something to worry about

RashanGary
04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Reggie McKenzie and John Scheider were big parts of our player evaluation team. Could we have been less prepared for this draft than in drafts past?

Scott Campbell
04-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Reggie McKenzie and John Scheider were big parts of our player evaluation team. Could we have been less prepared for this draft than in drafts past?

We won't know for a few years.

MadScientist
04-28-2012, 10:53 AM
It hurts to loose good people, but they've been training the people below them for years, so hopefully the loss isn't too drastic. Given how the draft is going, I'm not worried. The real test that we will see soon is if there are any hits with the four 7's and the UDFA's.

Brando19
04-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Nick Perry will make our draft look golden. He's gonna take sooo much pressure off Clay and we're gonna get to the Qb alot this year.

Upnorth
04-28-2012, 11:01 AM
If we find one starter today then I won't be worried. If they only find junk then I will worry. If they find some backup developmental types it is par for the course and we will have to wait and see.

Gunakor
04-28-2012, 11:19 AM

Of course we won't know for certain until a couple years from now, but looking at it on paper right now the 2012 Packers draft stacks right up there with any other draft in the Ted Thompson era.

Patler
04-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Schneider has been gone a couple years already.
The Packers have been pumping McKenzie for his shot as a GM for even longer than that.
If the Packers weren't prepared for both to be gone in this draft, they are fools.
The Packers are not fools.

RashanGary
04-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Those two were here in the Sherman era and we sucked. I don't know if TT is the lynch pin of it all or if he was a beneficiary of all of the talent under him. Like you guys said, time will tell.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Schneider has been gone for awhile and McKenzie mostly focused on pro personnel, didn't he?

smuggler
04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
I remember a story about a scout begging Sherman not to take Ahmad Carroll in the 1st and Sherman just brushed him off. Just because they were here during that time, doesn't mean it was their fault if we drafted somewhat poorly.

And we did... Jammy Reynolds and B.J. Sander. Ugh.