PDA

View Full Version : The Meadow?

Pages : [1] 2

SkinBasket
04-29-2012, 07:02 AM
So, we have a new section that allows the administrator to ban people without banning them and only allows posts that are approved by the administrator to be visible, and this is somehow different than the rest of the forum?

Sounds more like Madtowns Digital Dick Swinging Disco than a "meadow," but I guess there isn't really any information available, so maybe it's going to be used for something else. Just saying, at this point, I can see the usefulness of what I understand the idea to be, but I can pretty safely guarantee you that the implementation and use is going to be a complete and total disaster.

mraynrand
04-29-2012, 07:59 AM
if you want to fight with Mad, take it to the Meadow!

GO TT! gO PAcK!!!

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 07:59 AM
http://jwfacts.com/images/armageddon-1982-enjoy-life-p28.jpg

http://jwfacts.com/images/armageddon-watchtower-sep-15-2010.jpg

http://jwfacts.com/images/watchtower-cover-august-1-2010.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 08:00 AM
http://jwfacts.com/images/armageddon-watchtower-2001-Feb-15-p16.jpg

Hey, even some blacks will survive armageddon, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a mexican. (The arab is a little over the top.)

mraynrand
04-29-2012, 08:01 AM
If you say Jehovah once more....

http://www.popehat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/HE-SAID-JEHOVA.jpg

mraynrand
04-29-2012, 08:04 AM
http://jwfacts.com/images/armageddon-watchtower-2001-Feb-15-p16.jpg

Hey, even some blacks will survive armageddon, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a mexican.

Hey, that picture looks familiar:

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2012/04/NKhomepage.png

MJZiggy
04-29-2012, 08:07 AM
If you say Jehovah once more....

http://www.popehat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/HE-SAID-JEHOVA.jpg

Where the hell do you find this shit? :)

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Sounds more like Madtowns Digital Dick Swinging Disco than a "meadow," but I guess there isn't really any information available, so maybe it's going to be used for something else.

Maybe he did it just free up his inbox.

Freak Out
04-29-2012, 11:17 AM
WTF is going on around here? The meadow? Has it really come to this?

MadtownPacker
04-29-2012, 12:01 PM
So, we have a new section that allows the administrator to ban people without banning them and only allows posts that are approved by the administrator to be visible, and this is somehow different than the rest of the forum?

Sounds more like Madtowns Digital Dick Swinging Disco than a "meadow," but I guess there isn't really any information available, so maybe it's going to be used for something else. Just saying, at this point, I can see the usefulness of what I understand the idea to be, but I can pretty safely guarantee you that the implementation and use is going to be a complete and total disaster.
Shocking. Here I was hoping you would just say "Im a whining little baby and anything that I dont like I cry about and make a thread but then if there is no change I might have nothing to cry about too so maybe your damned if you do and you damned if you dont", "Wow you dirty Mexican you cant win with me!".

I will swing my dick right in front of your face instead. I pay the rent and I always have but at the same time I always encourage input from everyone. So if the forum doesnt want this it will not happen. But this jumping the gun crying bullshit does get old. We should be able to discuss the matter without you immediately jumping to stage1 emergency drama mode. Does it make you feel alive talking down on anything I do here, sad little man? Life is too short to be bitter. So maybe discuss this properly or get the fuck on if the fate of a online forum damages you so badly. Thank you.

As for the meadow I posted what I was proposing:

Im thinking the Meadow can become our own "stadium jail" where bad boys and girls are sent to correct their issues. They would be changed to a special user group that allowed them to only read the Packers section of the forum while only being able to post in the Meadow in a thread that was regarding the problem or fight. The general population would have read only access to the Meadow to see the bloodshed but could not post to it. You would have access to vote on the polls that in turn would decide who had been rehabilitated enough for release from the Meadow. Right now all of you can post to this thread but that's just for the Grand Opening.

To which you gave the colorful but honest response:

This looks like one of the dumbest fucking ideas ever.

Why can't you always been so easy to work with? :lol: In this thread you say you could see some use for it but then proceed to shit over it like a baboon rubbing shit over something because he doesn't know what it is. The Meadow would actually require your votes to decide the fate of anyone sent there so "the administrator" you mention wouldnt actually have anything to do with that. In fact, your BFF kinda inspired it by suggesting Scott and Woody go off to the Meadow since they where interrupting his discussion. So maybe you can roll over and punch him in the balls for his brilliance.

But I must ask, how could you see the Meadow being useful? I see no purpose if it is just going to be another open section.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Maybe he did it just free up his inbox.
Good one. :lol:

MadtownPacker
04-29-2012, 12:03 PM
if you want to fight with Mad, take it to the Meadow!

GO TT! gO PAcK!!!Seeeee, there is some use for it. Think of the grudge matches we could have. In the end the public would vote on who won the battle or deserved redemption.

GrnBay007
04-29-2012, 01:13 PM
I like the description - "Rat Rehabilitation Center" - funny!

mraynrand
04-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Shocking. Here I was hoping you would just say "Im a whining little baby and anything that I dont like I cry about and make a thread but then if there is no change I might have nothing to cry about too so maybe your damned if you do and you damned if you dont", "Wow you dirty Mexican you cant win with me!".

I will swing my dick right in front of your face instead. I pay the rent and I always have but at the same time I always encourage input from everyone. So if the forum doesnt want this it will not happen. But this jumping the gun crying bullshit does get old. We should be able to discuss the matter without you immediately jumping to stage1 emergency drama mode. Does it make you feel alive talking down on anything I do here, sad little man? Life is too short to be bitter. So maybe discuss this properly or get the fuck on if the fate of a online forum damages you so badly. Thank you.

Im thinking the Meadow can become our own "stadium jail" where bad boys and girls are sent to correct their issues. They would be changed to a special user group that allowed them to only read the Packers section of the forum while only being able to post in the Meadow in a thread that was regarding the problem or fight. The general population would have read only access to the Meadow to see the bloodshed but could not post to it. You would have access to vote on the polls that in turn would decide who had been rehabilitated enough for release from the Meadow. Right now all of you can post to this thread but that's just for the Grand Opening.

To which you gave the colorful but honest response:

This looks like one of the dumbest fucking ideas ever.

Why can't you always been so easy to work with? :lol: In this thread you say you could see some use for it but then proceed to shit over it like a baboon rubbing shit over something because he doesn't know what it is. The Meadow would actually require your votes to decide the fate of anyone sent there so "the administrator" you mention wouldnt actually have anything to do with that. In fact, your BFF kinda inspired it by suggesting Scott and Woody go off to the Meadow since they where interrupting his discussion. So maybe you can roll over and punch him in the balls for his brilliance.

But I must ask, how could you see the Meadow being useful? I see no purpose if it is just going to be another open section.

There's some good in there - two people get in a flame war that disrupts the forum - send to meadow and put on read only for a week. Can you really make it so the thread is read only except for the flamers? I suggest no vote, just let the flames die out. I'm betting a flame war flames out fast with this restriction.

Make the bar pretty high before sending people to the meadow - we don't need a hair trigger despot!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EW6wZni64eQ/TwOMMeSuovI/AAAAAAAADk8/hWfoVVTAgM0/s1600/It%2527s+A+Good+Life.jpg

GrnBay007
04-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Now I kinda wanna get into a fight with someone!

;)

SkinBasket
04-29-2012, 02:43 PM
In this thread you say you could see some use for it but then proceed to shit over it like a baboon rubbing shit over something because he doesn't know what it is.

It's not the idea. It's the implementation.

In case that doesn't make sense to you, this is what that means: I believe that while in a competently run forum, such a "time-out" room would have value, I also believe you'll fuck it up and use it as just another one of your feel-good ways to act like the self styled internet deity you've decided you are. Why do I believe this? Well, I'm glad you asked. Because you've fucked up just about everything else here, which seems to be the main point you want to keep ignoring while blaming the posters. Like I said, the proof is in the pudding. You did things your way, including abandoning this place for a couple years and those people who were offering to help and/or take over. How's that working out?

So go ahead and swing your dick around like it's 1999. I'm sure your flock will continue to grow. LOL. Guess what? You can prattle on all you want about who pays the bills and the rights that gives you to run this place like a retard, but you don't own us, or what's left of us. And without us, and work all of us have put into a website that relies SOLELY on the exchange of ideas, you've got your dick in your hand in an empty room. Well, except for woodbuck. He'll keep watching this horror show I suppose.

Why not just leave, you ask again? Well, because I like the people here. The ones that are still here, anyway. We've been building relationships for almost a decade, and that's what this site used to be about. For the past 4 or 5 years, you've done your best to splinter, polarize, control, and drive off those relationships.

So abuse me all you want because I dared speak my mind in opposition to you and your wonderful ideas, but it kind of seems like I've got 4-5 years of history and a few hundred dead accounts on my side when I tell you you're not doing this right. In other words, any further discussion about what's "wrong" with the forum will be just as wasted as the countless ones before, because the main and foremost problem with this forum, now and for the past few years, is you, and your unwillingness to cede control of it to someone who could do a better job. Just my opinion. Sorry it upsets you so much.

SkinBasket
04-29-2012, 02:44 PM

;)

I'll fight you. What do you want to fight about?

MadtownPacker
04-29-2012, 02:52 PM
It's not the idea. It's the implementation.

So abuse me all you want because I dared speak my mindI beg forgiveness for not doing things the way you think they should be done and for abusing you.

Well buddy, we aint gonna work this out I guess. This forum has great members and quality/quantity post. Trust me I check others at times and I must admit you greatly exaggerate this places demises. But I will keep using the pliers and wire and duct tape to hold it together until it all falls apart because Im just too stu-stu-stupid to understand big words like "implementation". :lol:

MadtownPacker
04-29-2012, 03:00 PM
There's some good in there - two people get in a flame war that disrupts the forum - send to meadow and put on read only for a week. Can you really make it so the thread is read only except for the flamers? I suggest no vote, just let the flames die out. I'm betting a flame war flames out fast with this restriction.

Make the bar pretty high before sending people to the meadow - we don't need a hair trigger despot!Thanks for your input. That is exactly how it can work and I can show you if you like. Can I borrow SC and Woody? Would they be an example of where the bar should be set? Or we could use the forum complaint system (Report Post = the little triangle with the ! at the bottom of each post) where if I get so many complaints from members the Meadow goes into effect.

Joemailman
04-29-2012, 03:01 PM

;)

Let's go!

http://www.morethings.com/fan/bill_murray/stripes/bill_murray-stripes1981-1600.jpg

SkinBasket
04-29-2012, 03:42 PM
But I will keep using the pliers and wire and duct tape to hold it together until it all falls apart

True story. About fifteen years ago I considered writing a short story about a metaphoric dysfunctionally depressed society that was centered around a machine that sounded out their day which was created by the town founder as a means of keeping harmony throughout the society. Well, over the decades, "smarter" people kept adding modifications, "improvements," and other important junk, which was actually doing more harm than good. Ignorantly, the town's leaders kept adding mechanisms to correct the negative results of their previous mechanisms, compounding the problem and leading to mass suicides, rapes, domestic abuse, and general mayhem until some person strips the machine down to it's essential function again. I never wrote the story because I couldn't find the proper motive for the protagonist and how Prozac played into the story. Anyway, the point being, for those of you without such an esteemed literary degree as my own: less is often more and the harder you try to "fix" something that was never broken, but rather was being meddled with by well intentioned but totally incompetent gits, the more worthless and unusable it becomes.

Just thought I would share.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Was the capital city of your fictional society named Harlanville?

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks for your input. That is exactly how it can work and I can show you if you like. Can I borrow SC and Woody? Would they be an example of where the bar should be set? Or we could use the forum complaint system (Report Post = the little triangle with the ! at the bottom of each post) where if I get so many complaints from members the Meadow goes into effect.

What a wonderful group of little tattle tales we've become.

I think this kind of crazy shit is what happens when you listen to the chronic whiners. I'd rather join Partial, Ty and the rest of our dearly departed.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 04:42 PM

[I]Im thinking the Meadow can become our own "stadium jail" where bad boys and girls are sent to correct their issues.

I pay the rent and I always have but at the same time I always encourage input from everyone.

Ok, you asked for input:

I guess the Ignore feature isn't enough to protect some of the overly sensitive cry babies that resort to complaining in the shadows via PM. These pussies need even more adult supervision/protection? Why don't you just tell the gutless cowards to turn in their man cards - permanently.

Completely embarrassing. People shouldn't expect you to be their Mommy. You already gave them an Ignore feature.

Outlaw forum my ass. I'm not going to endorse the pussification of PackerRats.

That's my opinion.

Your pal,

Scott

Cheesehead Craig
04-29-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm not going to endorse the pussification of PackerRats.

What's wrong with Pussy?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02045/bond11_64__2045098i.jpg

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 04:58 PM
What's wrong with Pussy?

As long as you're fucking them, nothing. The problems begin when you start listening to them.

Remember, fuck the pussies.

MJZiggy
04-29-2012, 05:03 PM
As long as you're fucking them, nothing. The problems begin when you start listening to them.

Remember, fuck the pussies.

Ahem. If you didn't have a point, I'd knock you upside your polygamist head. In the meantime I'll just hang onto my honorary man card. Thanks.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Ahem. If you didn't have a point, I'd knock you upside your polygamist head. In the meantime I'll just hang onto my honorary man card. Thanks.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

Though the term pussy was not gender specific in my example.

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Well, because I like the people here. that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Was the capital city of your fictional society named Harlanville?

hey now, I've always been in favor of free speech, and high tolerance for oddballs.

I take issue when a poster harasses somebody who has asked to be left alone. I guess that doesn't sit well with you.

woodbuck27
04-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks for your input. That is exactly how it can work and I can show you if you like. Can I borrow SC and Woody? Would they be an example of where the bar should be set? Or we could use the forum complaint system (Report Post = the little triangle with the ! at the bottom of each post) where if I get so many complaints from members the Meadow goes into effect.

This is my suggestion of the reason for and how 'the Meadow' would work.

Hi:

I wish to make a suggestion for how I believe 'the Meadow' will work and why we need this provision at Packerrats.

The Meadow and what goes on in it between 'just two' posters assigned to it to resolve 'whatever'. Must be a place exclusive to those two members 'only' in terms of discussion or input. For those two members to either solve their issue (s) or go on ad nauseum.

I have thought about this for some time. I certainly wouldn't want to ever have to confront another in 'the Meadow'. In my view it's certainly NOT going to be a happy place to be. The Meadow should be a place to 'only' be able to handle gross insult or slander. It's a place at Packerats that resembeles 'the LAW' in any democratic environment or process. One that demands the provisions of democrasy as the rights of all members of Packerrats.

The Meadow should NOT be a desirable option for any member in a sensational sence. Noone but the two assigned to ' the Meadow ' can post within the discussion of the two members sent there to get their shit together.

The Meadow is NOT a place for showboating. It's alot like 'purgatory', between 'Heaven and Hell'; really uncomfortable i.e. if your in there with 'yours truly '. It won't be a place to dance.

It's a place to resolve serious issue (s) between ** 'only two' members at a time. If a member has to go there with me I'll be serious. I want back in the forum in good standing. I will deal with that member accordingly.

** That is covered by incorporating a provision for any number 'of Meadow threads'. If that's necessary and NOT anything close to my vision of Packerrats.

I desire Packerrats to be a Green Bay Packer Football Forum primarily, with all present options preserved and that Packerrats presently features to accomodate many.

It is my solemn wish that 'NO MEMBER' here should ever be directed to or called into 'the Meadow'. If either of those conditions arise.There must be an option to avoid any time in 'the Meadow'.

That option is available now and certainly advisable. It 'only' works if BOTH parties accept the option.

That option is the Forum's provision to use the IGNORE Option. This isn't a novel idea and I attest to this. It does work when it's necessary.

I suggest that the owner of Packerrats first offers this option to any two members on 'a must do basis', with 48 hours to agree to it.

If both disagree then it's those two banished to 'the Meadow'. It's 'work your shit out people,' because it is NOT tolerable at Packerrats. This back and forth thing arises too often because one member purposely FLAMES another and this is NOT acceptable Forum conduct. Don't suggest go elsewhere people as your out of line to do so and only contributing to the problem we're trying to solve.

Please... if your post to me isn't constructive don't post me. You know who you are.

The IGNORE Option has limitations unless two members place the other on IGNORE.

Without imposing this option and even if one member places the other on IGNORE.The member that doesn't go on IGNORE may stalk and slam the member that did comply with the owners demand for such action.

The member that fails to comply with that order to place the other on IGNORE has 48 hours to do so and must keep that member on ignore for 90 days and NOT ever post anything on that other members name.

The penalty for ignoring the IGNORE OPTION for 48 hours beyond the demand to do so by the owner. Results in an automatic 30 day suspension from Packerrats. One or the other ignores the demand.It's see ya for 30 days and no provision for appeal. It's ...I'll see you in 31 days and you'll be welcome back to Packerats and good Luck with yourself.

In the Meadow Option hopefully any two members will resolve an issue.That will NOT always be the case. It's entirely possible that one or both members will ignore the other in the Meadow.

In the case when one member makes his/her presence open for discussion with the other condemned member to 'the Meadow'; but the other member ignores the member waiting to resolve for a period of 10 days. That member should receive an automatic additional and full 30 day suspension from Packerrats.

The willing to resolve the issue member awaiting the absent member can return to post in the forum freely after a five (5) days wait from a response from the absent member.

There should be no provision or excuse for being absent from positing in the Meadow except for illness,imprisonment or death....something more serious. (-:

It's intolerable for any member here to be able to ramble through Packerrats 'attacking and flaming and insulting' any member here. The policy at Packerrats must be based in the Democratic principles of Freedom... that all North Americans are accustomed to and should expect.

Noone at Packerats is more important than any other.

Except the owner.

I hope my suggestions make sense. I want to make this perfectly clear. I do not ever plan on being in the Meadow. If I'm ever there the member assigned there with me better have first seriously considered the IGNORE Option.

No one will enjoy me in 'the Meadow'. I promise if I end up in there with anyone here I will NOT be weak. I'll be pissed.

Mad that idea about polling or allowing any other member to influence anything that has arrived at 'the Meadow' defeats the reason for 'the Meadow' and certainly embraces the issue of prejudice, that IMO exists at Packerrats. It's up to the members in the Meadow to use what ever they have to resolve differences and or insult or worse.

To get their act together.

Ohh please. Don't consider Scott Campbell and I as a test case. IMO it's so sad that we have even come to have to consider such.

I'm done with Scott Campbell.

Packerrats !!

My name is Ed. woodbuck27

mraynrand
04-29-2012, 07:14 PM

I don't think so. Maybe if they had infested mutliple threads, but they were in the Favre thread and one other. It was mostly harmless, and quite frankly entertaining. The pacopete-?? flame war was in every thread. That's the bar - when you get a lot of chatter about annoyance from the serious Packers posters - PBmax, Harv, etc. about a flame war ruining threads, then you pull the trigger.

mraynrand
04-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I take issue when a poster harasses somebody who has asked to be left alone.

That's legit, assuming the person who requests to be left alone doesn't continue to take shots at his/her opponent.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Ok, you asked for input:

I guess the Ignore feature isn't enough to protect some of the overly sensitive cry babies that resort to complaining in the shadows via PM. These pussies need even more adult supervision/protection? Why don't you just tell the gutless cowards to turn in their man cards - permanently.

Completely embarrassing. People shouldn't expect you to be their Mommy. You already gave them an Ignore feature.

Outlaw forum my ass. I'm not going to endorse the pussification of PackerRats.

That's my opinion.

Your pal,

ScottI appreciate your honesty and this is the stuff we need to discuss but lets not start talking shit about those who dont wish to engage in pissing matches. Is Patler a pussy? Because I believe at one point he got sick of the shitty treatment he was receiving from a few and stopped posting here for a while. He never PMed me about it, he just did what he felt he had to do. Maybe if I had stepped in for a timeout that doesnt happen. I wish I had.

You and others whos voices are the loudest to complain always mention losing members or lack of new ones. I agree with that but you cant have it both ways. If you want good posters you need to make sure they are treated right, no? Does being able to cal this place an outlaw forum merit not having these great posters? We have an area for that, the GC. If that person chooses to engage that is on them. The Packers area shouldnt be yours or Woody boxing ring like you have been using it for lately. Would you not agree with that? A few funny replies is cool, constant badgering in every thread is annoying. I shouldnt have to be either of yours mommy either. I agree that the ignore feature is an option but it doesnt appear to be a good one. Maybe this can be a way to settle differences.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I don't think so. Maybe if they had infested mutliple threads, but they were in the Favre thread and one other. It was mostly harmless, and quite frankly entertaining. The pacopete-?? flame war was in every thread. That's the bar - when you get a lot of chatter about annoyance from the serious Packers posters - PBmax, Harv, etc. about a flame war ruining threads, then you pull the trigger.
Well it seems to have spread further than that. That Favre thread is not the issue. What you describe though is pretty much how I envision it also.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
That's legit, assuming the person who requests to be left alone doesn't continue to take shots at his/her opponent.
Another excellent point.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2012, 07:37 PM
This is my suggestion of the reason for and how 'the Meadow' would work.
Woody, ok let say you have reason to be pissed at SC but what about all the other posters you have been flat out rude lately? If someone even posted a differing opinion on a subject you fired off at them like they where an idiot! You ARE NOT stronger Woody. You are like everyone else, you let your head get hot and sometimes you blow up so get off this high horse cuz you have run the SOB ragged.

You offer some valid suggestions. Clean that damn post up so I can understand it and I will get back to you.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Woody, ok let say you have reason to be pissed at SC but what about all the other posters you have been flat out rude lately?

Lately????

He's always been "that guy".

We all know that Woody brings everything he gets onto himself. And some of you guys try to tread lightly around him because he's not all there, and you don't want to set off another crazy old man rant. Bunch of enablers. I actually think you do the guy a disservice by not telling him how it really is. The poor guy has no clue how he's really perceived here.

Cleft Crusty
04-29-2012, 08:00 PM
True story. About fifteen years ago I considered writing a short story about a metaphoric dysfunctionally depressed society that was centered around a machine that sounded out their day which was created by the town founder as a means of keeping harmony throughout the society. Well, over the decades, "smarter" people kept adding modifications, "improvements," and other important junk, which was actually doing more harm than good. Ignorantly, the town's leaders kept adding mechanisms to correct the negative results of their previous mechanisms, compounding the problem and leading to mass suicides, rapes, domestic abuse, and general mayhem until some person strips the machine down to it's essential function again. I never wrote the story because I couldn't find the proper motive for the protagonist and how Prozac played into the story. Anyway, the point being, for those of you without such an esteemed literary degree as my own: less is often more and the harder you try to "fix" something that was never broken, but rather was being meddled with by well intentioned but totally incompetent gits, the more worthless and unusable it becomes.

Just thought I would share.

The more you overwork the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain!

woodbuck27
04-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Woody, ok let say you have reason to be pissed at SC but what about all the other posters you have been flat out rude lately? If someone even posted a differing opinion on a subject you fired off at them like they where an idiot! You ARE NOT stronger Woody. You are like everyone else, you let your head get hot and sometimes you blow up so get off this high horse cuz you have run the SOB ragged.

You offer some valid suggestions. Clean that damn post up so I can understand it and I will get back to you.

I'm NOT sure what's so hard to understand. In any case:

I edited my suggstion for you Mad RE: any considertion of a new place called 'the Meadow' and what youi may consider as constructive in regards to making it work. What any sensable member may option as a means of escaping finding him/herself in 'the Meadow'. Two NOT one guilty of a flame war parties must place 'one another' on IGNORE. Too simple a solution in my experience and opinion.

I removed my last portion. Yes I defend myself if necessary. I'm certainly not a stalker here nor am I anyways close to SC in regards to his extreme pechant for abuse, slander and hatred.

I am heads and shoulders a more positively constructive member here at Packerrats than Scott Campbell has ever been. Scott Campbell is all about mischief and his immaturity and sick ways are not acceptable.

iN OPEN fORUM REQUEST THAT YOU ENSURE THAT Scott Campbell never posts me ever again nor abuses my name from this day forward at Packerats with advice to him of severe penalty.

I came back to my post RE: 'the Meadow' and suggestions that may assist you setting it up and removed 'the little Green fella'.Maybe? that offended you Mad.

I never mean any offense. I feel that 'the body' of that post is well written as best I can; otherwise I'm not sure what to do with ithe post further. I'm 'only' here to assist you and do so positively without harm to anyone. I'm 'only' a member of Packerrats.

You HOLD 'the POWER'.

Again...GOOD LUCK Mad.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 08:06 PM
I take issue when a poster harasses somebody who has asked to be left alone. I guess that doesn't sit well with you.

Pfffft.

You have been left alone. Funny how it kinda just happened all by itself - once you quit crying about it and acting like a douchebag.

What you really wanted was to win, by getting your opponent branded as a stalker. And that's Woody's latest angle.

It was lame then, and it's lame now.

mraynrand
04-29-2012, 08:07 PM
The Meadow is NOT a place for showboating. It's alot like 'purgatory', between 'Heaven and Hell'; really uncomfortable i.e. if your in there with 'yours truly '. It won't be a place to dance.

What of Lazarus? What of Lazarus??

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200303/tos-020-lazarus-and-lazarus-fi/320x240.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 08:09 PM
He's always been "that guy".

Scott, whether what you say is true or not doesn't matter. The subject of your post is a person. You're carrying-on a flame war with somebody.

Apparently you both want to keep it up. I don't know how to deal with that situation to please most of the members. For myself, I just ignore it.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't know how to deal with that situation to please most of the members. For myself, I just ignore it.

Amazingly simple solution.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 08:13 PM
You're carrying-on a flame war with somebody.

When Woody is contributing, I leave him alone. When he starts preaching, and treating people as lesser human beings, I tweak his nipples.

I have no issues with Woody when he's not acting like a douchebag.

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 08:14 PM
You have been left alone. Funny how it kinda just happened all by itself - once you quit crying about it and acting like a douchebag.
Why are you talking about me?

Can't you discuss a subject without picking fights?

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Scott, whether what you say is true or not doesn't matter.

ie.........you agree that I speak the truth. Even though it's not very polite.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Why are you talking about me?

Can't you discuss a subject without picking fights?

I have no intention of picking a fight. Sorry. I'm just participating in the autopsy of our old dust up.

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
When Woody is contributing, I leave him alone. When he starts preaching, and treating people as lesser human beings, I tweak his nipples.

I have no issues with Woody when he's not acting like a douchebag.

You're still talking about an individual. I think people are sick of your personal flame wars. Or maybe not, I honestly don't know. I just stop reading posts when the acid starts flying.

woodbuck27
04-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Scott, whether what you say is true or not doesn't matter. The subject of your post is a person. You're carrying-on a flame war with somebody.

Apparently you both want to keep it up. I don't know how to deal with that situation to please most of the members. For myself, I just ignore it.

Harlan I have had Scott Campbell on Ignore for 99% of the last four months or longer. He will NOT go away man. You know this is a fact. Don't make me a part of his obsession. I'm not here for his abuse or slander...his sickness.

I don't want anything to do with his chops. He's on IGNORE.

He must understand what that means.

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 08:21 PM
ie.........you agree that I speak the truth. Even though it's not very polite.

Not to get all zen on you, but what you say is true if you choose to get all involved in Woody's eccentricities. I find him quirky is all. And I find it laughable that people complain about posts being too long when they are not required to read them.

I guess if somebody was constantly making insults at me personally, the Zen-way aint so easy to maintain.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 08:23 PM
I think people are sick of your personal flame wars.

It ain't personal with me.

I have no issues with Woody whatsover when he's contributing, and not disruptive.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Not to get all zen on you, but what you say is true if you choose to get all involved in Woody's eccentricities. I find him quirky is all.

I call B.S., and have an old email from you with a vastly different opinion.

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't want anything to do with his chops. He's on IGNORE.

I truly have no opinion on whether the shit is flowing all in one direction. I'm not saying you are equally at fault. I have no opinion or interest. I guess Madtown is supposed to judge that.

What I REALLY wish is that Skinbasket would take over the forum, just as an experiment for a year.

Harlan Huckleby
04-29-2012, 08:27 PM
I call B.S., and have an old email from you with a vastly different opinion.

When I first met Woody, I thought he was nuts. So what? Why are you continuing to talk about individuals, or bring up old hostilities?

I like Woody a lot because he is TRULY unique and says surprising things.

Iron Mike
04-29-2012, 08:41 PM
He must understand what that means.

NOBODY understands what you mean.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-p_UCf2JLBZo/TaNi1-FG_gI/AAAAAAAAEZg/gU7zrrQ_62c/s1600/duh-duh1233387823.jpg

hoosier
04-29-2012, 08:43 PM
What of Lazarus? What of Lazarus??

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200303/tos-020-lazarus-and-lazarus-fi/320x240.jpg

Quit stealing my ideas.

woodbuck27
04-29-2012, 09:04 PM
NOBODY understands what you mean.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-p_UCf2JLBZo/TaNi1-FG_gI/AAAAAAAAEZg/gU7zrrQ_62c/s1600/duh-duh1233387823.jpg

You 'only' can try to understand when you 'open your mind' to understanding.

mraynrand
04-29-2012, 10:33 PM
You 'only' can try to understand when you 'open your mind' to understanding.

http://haywardyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/sound-of-om-meditation.jpg

MJZiggy
04-30-2012, 06:32 AM
http://haywardyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/sound-of-om-meditation.jpg

I would never be able to meditate like that. All I'd be thinking about it holding my arms up and my fingers in that position instead of letting thoughts go.

Harlan Huckleby
04-30-2012, 09:35 AM
As the snow flies.....
On a cold and gray Chicago morn
A poor little baby child is born
In the meadow

And his mama cries.....
Cause if there's one thing that she don't need
It's another hungry mouth to feed
In the meadow

SkinBasket
04-30-2012, 01:17 PM
I took a poop.....
In a meadow
Now it smells
Like Madtown's ghetto

Scott Campbell
04-30-2012, 01:34 PM
This idea
is so heinous
it might have well
come out your anus

swede
04-30-2012, 02:07 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/Uranus-Planet.jpg

Scott Campbell
04-30-2012, 05:21 PM
I took a poop.....
In a meadow
Now it smells
Like Madtown's ghetto

And much like other buildings in the ghetto, it looks like our meadow has now been condemned and demolished.

mraynrand
04-30-2012, 08:51 PM
And much like other buildings in the ghetto, it looks like our meadow has now been condemned and demolished.

At least if Mad had let it rot and decay, it would have made a nice set for a zombie movie.

Harlan Huckleby
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I think if Skinbasket became the Supreme Leader of Packerrats for a year, exactly nothing would change. Every once in a while Mad turns into a Wolfman, for instance that was bullshit that he iced Skinbasket just for giving him lip. But Skin's theory that people leave Packerrats because Madtown is too strict and oppressive is baloney.

I saw an article somewhere about how forums have become quaint and nearly extinct. People are spending time on facebook, forums such as packerrats are passe. I post occasionally in another forum, and it too has shrunk the past 5 years.

Skinbasket thinks looser rules will bring more life. I doubt it. But I'd like to see if I am wrong.

Scott Campbell
04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I post occasionally in another forum, and it too has shrunk the past 5 years.

That Nancy Sinatra forum?

I'd bet that's because most of those fossils have died off.

Harlan Huckleby
04-30-2012, 10:02 PM
I forgot about the Nancies. That place is still going strong. Maybe that's the age group where forums are still rocking.

Upnorth
04-30-2012, 10:04 PM
The lyrics above were funny enough but hte Uranus ending was hilarious!!! Funniest thing I have seen in a while. Truely the meadow is a place of good and should be rejoiced.

SkinBasket
05-01-2012, 05:06 AM
I think if Skinbasket became the Supreme Leader of Packerrats for a year, exactly nothing would change.

If you had read my dissertation correctly, you would understand that it's too late for change. Putting nice clothes on a corpse or combing it's hair won't bring it back to life.

MJZiggy
05-01-2012, 06:34 AM
If you had read my dissertation correctly, you would understand that it's too late for change. Putting nice clothes on a corpse or combing it's hair won't bring it back to life.

Why not? It started quite small if you recall...

swede
05-01-2012, 07:07 AM
We could do a "Bring a Friend" drive!

Wait...

...I don't have any friends.

Iron Mike
05-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Truely the meadow is a place of good and should be rejoiced.

Tell me about the rabbits again, George.

Upnorth
05-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Tell me about the rabbits again, George.

http://images.wikia.com/montypython/images/2/24/Rabbitattack.jpg

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 10:26 AM
We could do a "Bring a Friend" drive!

Wait...

...I don't have any friends.

:lol:

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Why not? It started quite small if you recall...

That's what she said

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 10:29 AM
I think if Skinbasket became the Supreme Leader of Packerrats for a year, exactly nothing would change. Every once in a while Mad turns into a Wolfman, for instance that was bullshit that he iced Skinbasket just for giving him lip. But Skin's theory that people leave Packerrats because Madtown is too strict and oppressive is baloney.

I saw an article somewhere about how forums have become quaint and nearly extinct. People are spending time on facebook, forums such as packerrats are passe. I post occasionally in another forum, and it too has shrunk the past 5 years.

Skinbasket thinks looser rules will bring more life. I doubt it. But I'd like to see if I am wrong.

Time for a packerrats facebook page. I haven't made the leap to facebook yet, but my kids and most of my friends have...oh wait, I don't have any friends.

Harlan Huckleby
05-01-2012, 10:32 AM

You were my hero. I haven't felt this let down since the Milli Vanilli lip syncing scandal.

pbmax
05-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Time for a packerrats facebook page. I haven't made the leap to facebook yet, but my kids and most of my friends have...oh wait, I don't have any friends.

I have a child who refers to this place as PacerRats Facebook. I tell them its more like PackerRats Middle School.

pbmax
05-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I came here to offer an example of conduct that I think needs to be stopped, since I don't wish to be accused of hiding in dark corners or being a pussy (non-gender specific variety spinelessness).

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?p=667048#post667048

I'd be even more surprised if you didn't threaten a Rat...or your hero Finley didn't impregnate/give another poor girl herpes who is not his wife this week.

The list of transgressions this single line contains is impressive, its close to Skin's work. As the work of a troll, its impressive. But its also in the Packer's forum. And as such there is no reason for it to continue to display.

A lot of heat and debate has been created about how to encourage and expand PackerRats. I doubt there is much of an audience for this crap in a football forum.

The Packer Forum can continue to be an experiment in free speech and effective self-regulation. But if its going to grow it needs to be about football. Not drama or personal insults.

Someone needs the authority to just delete the comment. Clean, no drama about the comment. If someone wants to move it to RR, FYI or the Meadow to discuss it, fine. But it doesn't belong in the Packer Forum. There is no argument I am aware of that continuing to accept quality trolling will increase visitors or usage in that Forum. Ignoring Snake isn't a good alternative as much of his material is well worth the read. Banning someone (or suspending them) is unnecessary for a single mistake. Harlan's leave alone request is backwards for that Forum. There has to be a different standard for a post to stay.

That post needs to disappear. My 2 cents.

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
You make an excellent point PB: if you make a clearly offensive post, away it goes. However, that requires the continuous presence of an owner and/or moderator(s) that care and that have common sense and discretion.

hoosier
05-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Isn't that what the "report post" pyramid thing below the poster's avatar is supposed to do? I've never reported a post myself, but I could imagine where it could be used to trigger some kind of executive review process and then, it it's deemed a personal attack, it goes away.

HowardRoark
05-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I have a child who refers to this place as PacerRats Facebook. I tell them its more like PackerRats Middle School.

PackerRats discussion.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest.jpg

SkinBasket
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM

So, essentially, now personal quips about players based on allegations shouldn't be tolerated? I'm not sure what's trolling about someone adding a little humor to their post. Unless there's some context to the first sentence that makes this all somehow more nefarious than it looks.

You're being a total pussy, BTW. Transgressions? Transgressing what? Finely's fine moral character?

It's not like snake graphically described how Finley face fucked some woman and gave her head herpies or talked about how terrible Finley looks in Brandon's avatars.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I came here to offer an example of conduct that I think needs to be stopped, since I don't wish to be accused of hiding in dark corners or being a pussy (non-gender specific variety spinelessness).

I appreciate the open an honest communication. And the little dig. Nicely done!

Though I agree that Snake was out of line and offensive, I disagree with your call for censorship. I think the issue was adequately dealt with in the thread.

Even if it's the right thing to do in this case, it's too slippery of a slope. Just my opinion.

HowardRoark
05-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Isn't that what the "report post" pyramid thing below the poster's avatar is supposed to do? I've never reported a post myself, but I could imagine where it could be used to trigger some kind of executive review process and then, it it's deemed a personal attack, it goes away.

I just reported your post to see if it is reviewed.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2012, 03:11 PM
You make an excellent point PB: if you make a clearly offensive post, away it goes. However, that requires the continuous presence of an owner and/or moderator(s) that care and that have common sense and discretion.

"The road to hell was paved with good intentions."
Harlan Huckleby

MadtownPacker
05-01-2012, 03:27 PM
If you have an issue with something say it. I'm alway here. Hard to take you serious after all the goodbye threads.

MadtownPacker
05-01-2012, 03:28 PM
That us exactly how it works and we could go that route. Of course then you will be called a pussy for not dealing with it yourself.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I've thought a little more about this. It's a pretty interesting topic. I think the "delete the post" option is the conventional method of dealing with Snake's post. There are 20 other Packer sites that would do exactly that.

Maybe the question should be - do we really want to be just like 20 other Packer sites?

I think our dysfunction might be the only truly differentiating characteristic of PackerRats. Too much dysfunction is clearly a bad thing, and will drive away posters. The right amount of dysfunction provides some much needed comic relief on the slow news days.

As usual there is no answer that will please everyone, and Madtown will get skewered no matter what he decides.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
A lot of heat and debate has been created about how to encourage and expand PackerRats. I doubt there is much of an audience for this crap in a football forum.

I respectfully disagree with this. I think there are 2 draws to this place:

1) Characters.
2) Content.

You view would seem to place a premium on the content over the characters. I would value them equally.

I think all the posts reminiscing about Partial and Ty are evidence as to the value of the characters.

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 04:27 PM
If you have an issue with something say it. I'm alway here.

I will.

The discussion was about what type of posts turn people off. PBmax told you. He's just one guy. That particular post by snake had him calling out another poster "I'd be even more surprised if you didn't threaten a Rat." Either you're going to allow that or not. It's up to you. But generally speaking, you have to have some consistent standards and consistent monitoring. It's your forum and your choice.

Hard to take you serious after all the goodbye threads. True. one thread was obviously intended to be humorous. If you took it serious that's your problem. The other was ill advised, but honest. If people who I like reading keep leaving, I'm eventually going too.

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I've thought a little more about this. It's a pretty interesting topic. I think the "delete the post" option is the conventional method of dealing with Snake's post. There are 20 other Packer sites that would do exactly that.

Maybe the question should be - do we really want to be just like 20 other Packer sites?

I think our dysfunction might be the only truly differentiating characteristic of PackerRats. Too much dysfunction is clearly a bad thing, and will drive away posters. The right amount of dysfunction provides some much needed comic relief on the slow news days.

As usual there is no answer that will please everyone, and Madtown will get skewered no matter what he decides.

Pretty much true. But you would think that it can't be terribly hard to have a relatively consistent policy. Either you allow certain things or not. Or, you could just say, Madtown will decide crap depending on what he thinks so deal with it. People are all over the map, so I guess I agree that there is no good solution that will satisfy everyone. I'd be happy with the rules as stated but with an addendum: "repetitive personal attacks (flame wars) will result in ------- by the administrator" - and as I've said before, the bar can be pretty high, that is, you probably don't have to do anything unless people really start complaining. It's a tough road to walk, because a number of people are really sensitive and may just leave without even telling you they've been offended.

OK, now I'm totally bored

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I respectfully disagree with this. I think there are 2 draws to this place:

1) Characters.
2) Content.

You view would seem to place a premium on the content over the characters. I would value them equally.

I think all the posts reminiscing about Partial and Ty are evidence as to the value of the characters.

If you eliminate the crap PB is talking about, do you eliminate the characters?

Scott Campbell
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
If you eliminate the crap PB is talking about, do you eliminate the characters?

Good question.

hoosier
05-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I suspect that "characters" includes train wrecks, and if you eliminate posts like snake's then you're preempting wrecks.

Harlan Huckleby
05-01-2012, 08:08 PM

There is no common sense and discretion. As we see, everybody has a different idea about what is good sense and discretion.

My preference would be to let Skinbasket's lax standards carry the day. Of course he has been found-out to be a blowhard who wouldn't seize the reigns even if they were offered. And I doubt anybody else is clammering to manage the site. So whatever Madtown says is OK will do.

Mad's limits and tastes are pretty well understood by now. When he doesn't like somebody's behavior, he whacks them on the peepee. Or if the bad boy is especially unpopular, a poll is conducted to trumpet the obvious and ease their exit.

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 08:17 PM
There is no common sense and discretion.

I guess I should have expected something this inane from you. Seriously, I expect that people could agree on some basic standard. Yes people have different ideas about the extremes. But it's not about what WE agree on. It's about what the administrator wants to enforce. Have a simple standard and enforce it. My guess is that's just too much work. I have some sympathy, as it seems like a lot of work to supervise the whole thing, but with out a standard, and a willingness to oversee it, what you end up with is chaos.

So whatever Madtown says is OK will do. Mad's limits and tastes are pretty well understood by now.

I'm OK with it too - it's his site. So long as these standards are reasonably conveyed and reasonably enforced, what's to complain about?

Harlan Huckleby
05-01-2012, 08:22 PM
I want PBMax and Snake to be sent to the meadow together to learn about each other and work out their differences.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2012, 09:34 PM
I want PBMax and Snake to be sent to the meadow together to learn about each other and work out their differences.

Why don't you just watch Nick at Night instead.

http://www.madisonavenuejournal.com/images/felix-091907.png

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Oscar, Oscar, Oscar!

pbmax
05-02-2012, 08:39 AM
So, essentially, now personal quips about players based on allegations shouldn't be tolerated? I'm not sure what's trolling about someone adding a little humor to their post. Unless there's some context to the first sentence that makes this all somehow more nefarious than it looks.

You're being a total pussy, BTW. Transgressions? Transgressing what? Finely's fine moral character?

It's not like snake graphically described how Finley face fucked some woman and gave her head herpies or talked about how terrible Finley looks in Brandon's avatars.

Let's do the fine tooth items first, then the broader point.

1. Its an insult designed to troll the target, as Finley has been a bone of contention between several posters and Brandon, with both sides making a personal issue of it.
2. Its the worst kind of rumor, uninteresting and recycled. As boring as the one about the local weatherman was recently in the hospital to have an emergency gerbil-ectomy. Or that the local college coach has a piece on the side. Or that Rod Stewart collapsed during a concert ... well, you get the idea.
3. Its an insinuation about murder.
4. Its not funny or enlightening. And its doesn't address the thread at all.

Now someone could differ on those points. So lets get to the larger issues that goes to the debate Campbell and Rand are having.

1. If you tally up the losses, more contributing posters have been lost to the Packer forum because of personal insults/attacks and endless arguing than lack of posting freedom. While this may not be true at all for the RR, FYI or the Garbage Can, this behavior has hurt the Packer forum.

2. If the goal is to grow it again, I think a clear line needs to be drawn there, different than the other forums. Herpes rumors probably draw web traffic as a matter of SEO, but they don't lead to posts about the Packers.

3. Characters might draw in regular users and make PR distinct from other sites. And I like the Characters very much. But insult posts in the Packer forum do not attract the public at large, I think the evidence of posters and posts in the Packer forum is that Characters are limited in their ability to draw new blood. I would go so far as to say the current mini resurgence after the recent "sign up or you can't read" membership drive has benefited from a lack of sniping.

To appreciate the Characters it helps to know The Tank, the Partial and the Lawyerin' Joe. And fewer of us do. We are short Partial, Tank, and Bigguns because their posting arguments consumed so much oxygen that those valuable posters were driving others away. Or some (Nutz and others) tired of the whole situation and left.

You can't have a play if no one is sitting in the seats.

If Mad were to adopt the guidelines above, I would probably have at least 20 posts mocking Bretsky about the criminal Odell Thurman immediately removed. But I am just clever enough to make a football point AND mention Odell Thurman in a post about the draft. And I am smart enough to know Bresky will take it in stride. I think everyone else is at least my equal in this regard.

Harlan Huckleby
05-02-2012, 09:36 AM
1. If you tally up the losses, more contributing posters have been lost to the Packer forum because of personal insults/attacks and endless arguing than lack of posting freedom. While this may not be true at all for the RR, FYI or the Garbage Can, this behavior has hurt the Packer forum.

I wonder if this is true. If it is so, I would think the repetitive insulters could be easily identified. I also think the "leave people alone who express through words and action that they don't want to keep it up" ought to be successful guideline.

I can't believe that the sort of comment that Snake made is driving people out of the Packer forum.

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 09:58 AM
When I first met Woody, I thought he was nuts. So what? Why are you continuing to talk about individuals, or bring up old hostilities?

I like Woody a lot because he is TRULY unique and says surprising things.

Don't you see just how sick this man is to still be referring to something.... what...Five years ago? He's got too much estrogen going on there. He needs to strap on something resembling manhood; Dear Lord....what am I imagining there!? That such a thing could ever be possible? NOT a chance.

This is Scott Campbell. Troubled. He imagines himself 'an Outlaw'. What a complete JOKE >>> SC.

His salt...obsession..his pepper hatred / hate mongering. It's very sad.

SC is hardly challenging one on one as that's about as satisfying as 'a hot dog' without the condiments ...like beating on a wee child. He's so fricken' weak...a real waste of time. So I've had him on IGNORE Harlan. That doesn't work when I'm aware of his slanderous manners. Often he's reposted and there is his CRAP. He knows how I feel about him so to post you openly is no shock to SC and for anyone to imagine this is carrying on a flame War!??

That is ridiculous>>>BOGUS !

They miss the point completely. I want DICK ALL with his sick/silly ways...his sick small ego... Scott Campbell's low low self esteem >>>> Scott Campbell. He's pathetic.

Compare us Harlan. Take a look at my contribution to Packerrats Vs Scott Campbell's. Ohh you'll always get the same CRAP. I'm not understood. I cannot express myself.

I'll write RINGS around him in any focused one on one.

I've never 'all my life' been a man misunderstood. if i was I would not have been the leader i've been all my life. My brain Vs Scot Campbell's. He's sad in comparison and I DO NOT enjoy going up one side of him and down the other. To see him CRACK..well you know Harlan. I don't debate nonsence.I don't pick on sickness. I don't waste my precious time. A portion of which I try to contribute to Packerats as a positive member.

Here is the real head scratcher to me. He can absolutely run amuck through this Packer home and write anything he feels at the time. He's admired for that.

If I ever and I mean EVER stand in for me. I'm judged as nasty or abrasive of NOT being nice.

If someone posts me ...as in ...SMH>>> that begs for the proper response.

That poster sets himself up. I will always sense a man's weakness by the tone of his post to me...frustration is easy to determine. The weak act weak. The weak fall easily but NOT Scott Campbell. No 'he's special'.

Try to find a handfull of posts where I begin an attack or ' a Flame War'...SINCE i'VE BEEN A MEMBER OF Packerrats. Find those FIVE posts and good luck with that.

Yet you'll get members here that post that I'm an absolute TYRANT and miss the point. I am merely standing up for myself. That's my Democratic Right and I'm really GOOD at that right.

If I ever exercise that right I'm the bad ass here.That is so unfair.

I DO not flame. I DO STAND UP FOR MYSELF.

I'm a Canadian. We always stand up for ourselves. Look at OUR history. I'm my fathers SON.

Back to your post Harlan.

How can any man be so sick as to have on file that CRAP from back in JSO Forum days? SC is a very troubled man.

That member we know as Scott Campbell goes 'on and on and on >>> ' **like this fella'.

** http://images.smarter.com/product/128x128/16615879.jpg (http://www.smarter.com/filter/adult-costumes-accessories/se--qq-jason%2Bcostume--pt-1--tt-30--cc-292.html)

Little Whiskey
05-02-2012, 10:09 AM
He's got too much estrogen going on there I thing.He needs to strap on something resembling manhood; what am i imagining here. Thatv such a thing could ever be possible..

I almost Skin also took woody's avatar and submitted this post......then I saw the picture he posted. I knew it wasn't skinbasket. his picture would have sent this thing straight to the GC!

Scott Campbell
05-02-2012, 10:10 AM
If Mad were to adopt the guidelines above, I would probably have at least 20 posts mocking Bretsky about the criminal Odell Thurman immediately removed.

This is the master plan to quadruple membership?

Really???????

Just how many posters have we lost to the Odell Thurman wars? I guess I didn't realize it was such a controversial issue.

Good Lord, do we really need all knowing moderators to change our diapers for us?

There are many methods of measuring and encouraging the growth of content production from the membership. And most of those methods have nothing to do with censoring disruptive behavior.

Scott Campbell
05-02-2012, 10:24 AM
I almost thought Skin also took woody's avatar and submitted this post......

I can see how that might happen. Their writing styles have many similarities.

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 10:42 AM

I'm somewhat dubious that Skinbasket could exercise the control necessary to run Packerrats. Does he really have the temperment to deal with some of the dynamics of this place.

NO! He would make this place into that section of 'the Amusement Park Road Show' that should never be seen by 'our youth'. This forum would become obscene. That's the straight up there folks.

now get this. I have zero problem with skinbasket.he's no problem. he has common sense and well he's intelligent. That's NOT te case with Scott Campbell...who's like some tempestuour bully in an Elementry school yard at recess. Just one little tyke needs to stand up to him and kick dirt in his face to expose him. Funny this is that's easily done and been done over and over and over and he still goes on and on>>>>

Mad has done a solid job and the stress this place has placed on him the past four-six weeks has certainly beed over the top but it gets likie this some times. There is a solution but it's NOT necessarily accomplished by making HUGE change.This place simply needs a tweaking.

The Meadow is a great idea for two posters with some decent attitude to resolve maybe just a bit of misunderstanding. It is of no value to personalities likie SC and myself. I want NOTHING to do with Scott Campbell as he bores me.

HowardRoark
05-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I want NOTHING to do with Scott Campbell as he bores me.

You have an interesting way of doing this. Are you Scott Campbell?

It would take a wingnut to pull it off.......

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM

No Skinbasket. You implying that Packerrats is something cancerous or dead is hardly appropriate nor the TRUTH.

Packerrats is a solid forum that simply needs a means to control any animosity between any (TWO) members as a means to isolate their issues with one another from the general population of a general membership that doesn't give a damn for such nonsence as they are not emotionally invested in it. yes there are some here that love DRAMAand will even participate in a flame war. You have such sicko's in any community. The busy bodies we call them in Canada. These are the worst people. They just love to keep it going for their own SICK pathetic needs.

So we need 'the Meadow' as a means for any two members to work it out or stay the hell out of any real discussion untill they do or one disengages the other by absenteeism.

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 11:18 AM
The lyrics above were funny enough but hte Uranus ending was hilarious!!! Funniest thing I have seen in a while. Truely the meadow is a place of good and should be rejoiced.

The Meadow is a place where two members can go one on one and possibly forgo the BS and discover their humanity and common sence and decency.

Is that such a novel idea?

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 11:35 AM

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?p=667048#post667048

The list of transgressions this single line contains is impressive, its close to Skin's work. As the work of a troll, its impressive. But its also in the Packer's forum. And as such there is no reason for it to continue to display.

The Packer Forum can continue to be an experiment in free speech and effective self-regulation. But if its going to grow it needs to be about football. Not drama or personal insults.

Someone needs the authority to just delete the comment. Clean, no drama about the comment. If someone wants to move it to RR, FYI or the Meadow to discuss it, fine. But it doesn't belong in the Packer Forum. There is no argument I am aware of that continuing to accept quality trolling will increase visitors or usage in that Forum. Ignoring Snake isn't a good alternative as much of his material is well worth the read. Banning someone (or suspending them) is unnecessary for a single mistake. Harlan's leave alone request is backwards for that Forum. There has to be a different standard for a post to stay.

Here's my 2 cents in terms of specific violations of what a post should NOT be in terms of verascity:

What about a member here unqualified to do so posting that another member is mentally ill. You don't see that as crossing over any line pbmax?

I can tell you this. My parents didn't raise nor need to deal with any mentally ill children or raise them as they did to ever imagine they wouldn't be strong enough to avoid the stigma associated with such a slanderous accusation as Scott campbell insists upon over and over inferring upon me.

That has to STOP that has to be removed from the record of this forum.I do not expect he could apologize he doesn't have to decency or common sence to do somand if he diod it is BS as he is not capable of sincerety.

Scott Campbell insults not only me but my parents. Scott campbell insults my entire family tree.

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
You have an interesting way of doing this. Are you Scott Campbell?

Do you truly understand the seriousness of my issue with this poster? With the degree of insult he's dumped on me?
having written that I do NOY mean to choose a side.

a) I do ask you to place yourself in my place.

b)Then just simply try to imagine your like Scott Campbell. How easy would that be?

You answer this questions for yourself. NOT to me please.

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I wonder if this is true. If it is so, I would think the repetitive insulters could be easily identified. I also think the "leave people alone who express through words and action that they don't want to keep it up" ought to be successful guideline.

I can't believe that the sort of comment that Snake made is driving people out of the Packer forum.

I agree with your assessment of the matter here harlan.It's the personal attacks that do the damage. The degree and verascity of the insult left to stand. How can a member defend him/herself?

The insult can be beyond a matter of decency 'to gross insult' and attack that has no objective foundation.

It's that uncalled for or unreasonable attack that does serious damage. Without any recourse for an amend.

In real life a person sues. Here the humiliation 'simply' stands. The gross misconduct is actually applauded by 'the most insensative' members that enjoy 'the humiliation' that their need for the feeding frenzy satisfied as the insulted member defends his/he name/person.

The sickness spreads. Packerrats as it was intended to be is compromised.

Zool
05-02-2012, 12:56 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1ng0h5lHo1qlmqqzo1_500.gif

Scott Campbell
05-02-2012, 12:58 PM

What the hell is that?

mraynrand
05-02-2012, 01:32 PM

If I were in your place, I wouldn't care what an internet poster named "Scott Campbell" wrote about me.

mraynrand
05-02-2012, 01:41 PM
There are many methods of measuring and encouraging the growth of content production from the membership. And most of those methods have nothing to do with censoring disruptive behavior.

maybe you should share them with madtown

Upnorth
05-02-2012, 01:44 PM
The Meadow is a place where two members can go one on one and possibly forgo the BS and discover their humanity and common sence and decency.

Is that such a novel idea?

The meadow is marriage therapy?? I preferred it when it was about funny lyrics.

Cheesehead Craig
05-02-2012, 01:54 PM

Same as it ever was. Very nice Zool.

Cheesehead Craig
05-02-2012, 01:56 PM
All I know is that I am the Ruler of the Meadow (see, it's even in my signature) and you all are crapping all over my beautiful kingdom. This was a place where buxom women brought you beers in steins and meat was eaten off the bone. Now, it's just a bunch of whining. Begone foul miscreants!

Little Whiskey
05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Are you Scott Campbell?

THIS!!!

I think howard is on to something. just like Partial was really mazzin who was really Tank. SC is really Woody! its starting to make sense now.

SkinBasket
05-02-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm somewhat dubious that Skinbasket could exercise the control necessary to run Packerrats.

I laughed so hard I almost peed on my kid. Almost. The idea that's there's been any measure of control, much less a practiced "exercise" of control, here for the past 3 years is an idiot savant's drug induced fantasy. Madtown's either been banning, insulting, and threatening posters or going on a two year bender while the place grew mold, atrophied, and collapsed on itself. LOL. Exercise the control.

Scott Campbell
05-02-2012, 02:18 PM
THIS!!!

I think howard is on to something. just like Partial was really mazzin who was really Tank. SC is really Woody! its starting to make sense now.

You guys got me. I am woodbuck27.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qtaAP1S4cQA/TZ5yyck1Y4I/AAAAAAAAAdY/8bMv3VTlqks/s320/spartacus.gif

Harlan Huckleby
05-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Scott campbell insults my entire family tree.

well, you have to admit, there are have been some curious twists and turns.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/048/1/e/OLD_GNARLY_TREE_by_movinkindaslow.jpg

Here is the family tree whence I emerged:

http://www.gamesdash.com/limg/1/128/funny-tree.jpg

SkinBasket
05-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Let's do the fine tooth items first, then the broader point.

1. Its an insult designed to troll the target, as Finley has been a bone of contention between several posters and Brandon, with both sides making a personal issue of it.
2. Its the worst kind of rumor, uninteresting and recycled. As boring as the one about the local weatherman was recently in the hospital to have an emergency gerbil-ectomy. Or that the local college coach has a piece on the side. Or that Rod Stewart collapsed during a concert ... well, you get the idea.
3. Its an insinuation about murder.
4. Its not funny or enlightening. And its doesn't address the thread at all.

So basically you want to zero in on a rather innocuous post for the larger problem it represents and delete it. And that's going to solve the bigger problem between brandon and those who disagree with him?

I understand the notion that some people are leaving because other people are acting like asshats. But if someone's going to get upset because another poster claims a football player has a STD and might be banging women other than his wife, then maybe that person isn't really cut out for this whole internet forum thing.

I think you're overreacting about the insinuation of murder, especially given the bar that Tarlam set. Brandon isn't murdering anyone. Shit, the guy can't even get far enough out of the suburbs to find anyone his own color. So Snake making some quip that not even brandon understood about threatening rats didn't really strike me as dangerous, even on the very small chance snake was sober.

As far as the humor aspect, I think it's a bad idea to police what is and isn't funny. Madtown and retail already tried that and killed the RR. You're a great active, insightful poster, but I don't think that should mean you get to demand a humorless, entirely dispassionate discussion of football. Especially a discussion which you willingly choose to engage in with the assistance of a seemingly much ignored IGNORE feature.

Speaking of which, I remember the great outcry for the Ignore feature. It was going to save the forum, cure cancer, and bring the 99% and the 1% together. It's strange how much some posters are still bothered by other posters who they have the ability to completely delete from their own experience. You want the post deleted? Ignore the poster. Problem solved.

mraynrand
05-02-2012, 02:34 PM
All I know is that I am the Ruler of the Meadow (see, it's even in my signature) and you all are crapping all over my beautiful kingdom. This was a place where buxom women brought you beers in steins and meat was eaten off the bone. Now, it's just a bunch of whining. Begone foul miscreants!

Pony up with the beer, meat and women, or STFU.

Cheesehead Craig
05-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Pony up with the beer, meat and women, or STFU.

I shan't share the bounties of my kingdom with the likes of you. You scallywag!

Good day sir.

Scott Campbell
05-02-2012, 05:00 PM

Ahhh yes. Same as it ever was.

10/7/2010

well here we all are in the garbage can thanks mostly to one poster (Woody).

will there be any repercussions for flaming out a thread?

There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing.

mraynrand
05-02-2012, 05:15 PM
I shan't share the bounties of my kingdom with the likes of you. You scallywag!

Good day sir.

Start boiling your oil, foul rapscallion. The battering rams are on their way!

mraynrand
05-02-2012, 05:16 PM
There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing.

Remind me not to go over to Zool's for thanksgiving. My crazy uncle keeps his clothes on.

HowardRoark
05-02-2012, 10:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKqzayNo4Dk

mraynrand
05-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Don't you have anything constructive to offer? Like a story about a naked uncle dipping his weasel into your potatoes?

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 11:06 PM
The meadow is marriage therapy?? I preferred it when it was about funny lyrics.

Let's take it one step at a time...and by the way a little piped in music may help to reduce stress... 'set a mood'.

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Remind me not to go over to Zool's for thanksgiving. My crazy uncle keeps his clothes on.

repost to:

http://packerrats.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by zool

"There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing." zool

Read that post and is it ever easy to IGNORE you as the only time you appear is when Scott summons assistance. Yet an observation. Anyone ever inform you this is a football forum zool?

MadtownPacker
05-03-2012, 12:11 AM
1. Brandon isn't murdering anyone. Shit, the guy can't even get far enough out of the suburbs to find anyone his own color.

2. As far as the humor aspect, I think it's a bad idea to police what is and isn't funny. Madtown and retail already tried that and killed the RR. You're a great active, insightful poster, but I don't think that should mean you get to demand a humorless, entirely dispassionate discussion of football. Especially a discussion which you willingly choose to engage in with the assistance of a seemingly much ignored IGNORE feature.

3. Speaking of which, I remember the great outcry for the Ignore feature. It was going to save the forum, cure cancer, and bring the 99% and the 1% together. It's strange how much some posters are still bothered by other posters who they have the ability to completely delete from their own experience. You want the post deleted? Ignore the poster. Problem solved.1. Haha! Now that is a nugget. Points for Whitey on that one.

2. You are right. The RR should not have to be policed. But that also means posters needs to have some common sense. What good is the GC is there are no boundaries in the RR? It also would make sense the Packers area stay mostly on topic with football. But I agree that colorful comments like the ones that have provided are not the issue. What appears to be bad intended post like Snakes need to be simmered. People fucking up threads need to be addressed. Didnt I jam up Woody about his link infestation?

3. Does the ignore feature work when others reply to someone you ignored? I dont know. I will check. But when someone you ignore is bringing the issue up with other posters I imagine you can read it in their replies.

Little Whiskey
05-03-2012, 05:49 AM
If you have me on ignore, but another poster quotes one of my posts, then you will see it.

Zool
05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
repost to:

http://packerrats.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by zool

"There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing." zool

Read that post and is it ever easy to IGNORE you as the only time you appear is when Scott summons assistance. Yet an observation. Anyone ever inform you this is a football forum zool?

They sure did. You'll never change so I've given up on trying. Either you're the perfect troll or you're insane. Either one I'm over it. The masses grow tired of your schtick. It's only a matter of time now.

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Zool was your post to me 'football related' ever?

The truthful response would be:

NO....and doesn't this fella 'in fact' resemble you zool? The TROLL personified.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trollface.svg)

Minus the ' small mustach ' of course'.

Now if your 'in denial' go back in time and read what you post me. THANKS....appreciate it !

I'll go further to assist you zool:

Flaming (Internet):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)#Flamebait

Trolling (Internet):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

zool...Acting in self defense is hardly flaming moreso trolling. Trolls and flamers begin the problem that not all other posters in a foum may run from. Abusive posters like you and your kind are cowards that hide behind your ignorance...and should never spill your propoganda and have it taken as a serious attempt for a improved atmosphere.

MAYBE THOSE LESSONS FOR YOU WERE TAXING!?

So in keeping with "the Maritimer in me' ...have a few laughs 'Ohh ....do you like Chinese?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNapTgReMuA&feature=related

SkinBasket
05-03-2012, 11:41 AM
zool...Acting in self defense is hardly flaming moreso trolling. Trolls and flamers begin the problem that not all other posters in a foum may run from. Abusive posters like you and your kind are cowards that hide behind your ignorance...and should never spill your propoganda and have it taken as a serious attempt for a improved atmosphere.

Good thing you don't judge people. Otherwise that post would be kind of awkward.

mraynrand
05-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Rhetoric like this belongs in the meadow. put your dukes up!

Cheesehead Craig
05-03-2012, 12:20 PM
NERD FIGHT!!!!

http://adamgoodrich.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/8cd8demotivational-posters-nerd-fights.jpg

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsM/11328-7768.gif

b)Then just simply try to imagine your like Scott Campbell.

http://justin-bieber-fan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/3015f_justin_d16c2_Justin_Bieber_Live_in_Manila_20 11.png

mraynrand
05-03-2012, 12:49 PM

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsM/11328-7768.gif

you're much more generous than me. I was thinking:

http://redriverpak.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/jim-ignatowski-pic.jpg

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/04/12/movies/stooges-span/stooges-span-articleLarge.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/The_Three_Stooges.jpg/250px-The_Three_Stooges.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Three_Stooges.jpg)

Some things should change.

HowardRoark
05-03-2012, 02:14 PM
This is not how I envisioned the Meadow.

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 02:22 PM
This is not how I envisioned the Meadow.

I agree and believe we need some appropriate music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR5_oiayAew

Maybe ' a little Zen ' would relax everyone. Buddhist Meditation Music - Zen Garden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3dM-GlZK8

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 02:26 PM
How about a full blast of some healing. Just 'the best'. The Meadow a place for meditation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGnUw5N9LJo&feature=related

Isn't that nice? Really !

It's entitled 'Chill Out'.

For those who enjoy something more exotic:

The most beautiful ' spanish chillout ' - Spanish Nights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux1LVyhs6Pg&feature=related

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Chillin' to something more traditional:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETGO6QEjx9Q&feature=related

Really nice.

HowardRoark
05-03-2012, 03:40 PM
How about a full blast of some healing. Just 'the best'. The Meadow a place for meditation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGnUw5N9LJo&feature=related

Isn't that nice? Really !

It's entitled 'Chill Out'.

For those who enjoy something more exotic:

The most beautiful ' spanish chillout ' - Spanish Nights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux1LVyhs6Pg&feature=related

What about this for chill out music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34hWlRJHCqs

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 04:02 PM
You're gonna give him a heart attack Howard.

mraynrand
05-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Kate's for sure a pretty gal, but she'll never be able to have more than one or two kids with narrow hips like that.

http://www.starfetch.com/keywords/Randy_Quaid/Randy_Quaid_36.jpg

mraynrand
05-03-2012, 05:35 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/04/12/movies/stooges-span/stooges-span-articleLarge.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/The_Three_Stooges.jpg/250px-The_Three_Stooges.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Three_Stooges.jpg)

Some things should change.

wise guy

MadtownPacker
05-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Until one of my old students mentioned it on Facebook, I didn't realize that he's the 8th member of the 1994 AFC champion Chargers to die young already. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/18938230/seaus-death-cruelest-blow-of-all-to-94-chargers

One of your old students? So does that mean you are one of those lazy-ass, overpaid teachers who are ruining America?This was posted in the Seau thread. Not sure if it is a joke but if its not should this be allowed in the Packers area? The RR?

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 11:08 PM
What about this for chill out music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34hWlRJHCqs

You have to respect my age here and sure but ....

How about this for some really fine GROOVE music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R4emJASIuYA

Jeff Beck - Tokyo Full Concert (1999) ... (1:27:23)

Want to go to Rock Heaven?

Jeff Beck 'in Control' and Jennifer Batten rockin' the joint on guitar. Damn... this is fine music.

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Good thing you don't judge people. Otherwise that post would be kind of awkward.

Sorry 'certain genious' but that's not a judgement; rather my expressed view and long term observation.

I'm certainly qualified to report what I see. The fact of the matter,sadly it's also my opinion that not one thing can be done about it.

That's why we so intelligently utilize this forums IGNORE feature and avoid whining. Sure the incessant stalking is a tad annoying but that is what it is and again demonstrates the limitations of some of us. There is always one v. beautiful answer to all animosity and hate.

Some of us found it.

mraynrand
05-04-2012, 07:51 AM
This was posted in the Seau thread. Not sure if it is a joke but if its not should this be allowed in the Packers area? The RR?

should have left it where is was - if the thread goes off the rails, just move the whole thing.

MadtownPacker
05-04-2012, 11:21 AM
should have left it where is was - if the thread goes off the rails, just move the whole thing.So you believe those kind of post, having nothing to do with the topic and pretty much a personal attack, should go ignored?

SkinBasket
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Sorry 'certain genious' but that's not a judgement; rather my expressed view and long term observation.

I'm certainly qualified to report what I see. The fact of the matter,sadly it's also my opinion that not one thing can be done about it.

That's why we so intelligently utilize this forums IGNORE feature and avoid whining. Sure the incessant stalking is a tad annoying but that is what it is and again demonstrates the limitations of some of us. There is always one v. beautiful answer to all animosity and hate.

Some of us found it.

Why you gotta be such an asshole to everyone if you've found the ignore feature?

Scott Campbell
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Why you gotta be such an asshole to everyone if you've found the ignore feature?

Lets see how congenial you are once you're a crazy old man that comes out of every minor argument looking like a complete blithering idiot.

mraynrand
05-04-2012, 12:30 PM
So you believe those kind of post, having nothing to do with the topic and pretty much a personal attack, should go ignored?

it seems like most other odd off topic post that it was addressed and dismissed in the thread, and the thread continued on it's merry way. Plus, read it again - was it really a personal attack, or was it a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic remark that actually supports teachers. See what I mean about having to be ever-present and having great judgment and discernment to really go about a post-by-post monitoring of the forum?

Scott Campbell
05-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Screwing up the TMZ thread is sacrilege.

mraynrand
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
#scott campbell

HowardRoark
05-04-2012, 12:37 PM
I read it as sarcastic. But then again, I went to a parochial school, so I am better educated than most public school Packerrats.

Scott Campbell
05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I read it as sarcastic. But then again, I went to a parochial school, so I am better educated than most public school Packerrats.

Lucky. None of the organized religions were interested in my intellectual development.

mraynrand
05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Lucky. None of the organized religions were interested in my talents.

That's because they knew you would bury your minas

woodbuck27
05-04-2012, 02:01 PM
This was posted in the Seau thread. Not sure if it is a joke but if its not should this be allowed in the Packers area? The RR?

'Plus, read it again - was it really a personal attack, or was it a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic remark that actually supports teachers." mraynrand

I agree with 'M'.

IMO Fritz's 'a pretty cool' poster. Not 'a flamer' troublemaker here.

Fritz meant that as high sarcasm.

Most know how disrespected teachers are in terms of salary and the good they do.

hoosier
05-04-2012, 04:50 PM
So you believe those kind of post, having nothing to do with the topic and pretty much a personal attack, should go ignored?

I'm pretty sure it was intended as sarcasm.

Harlan Huckleby
05-04-2012, 04:51 PM
IMO Fritz's 'a pretty cool' poster. Not 'a flamer' troublemaker here.

Haven't followed this thread closely, but this remark caught me short: Fritz is a Class A asshole. Don't let the cute, old-world name fool you, guy is a dick.

Scott Campbell
05-04-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure it was intended as sarcasm.

I'm with Harlan. I'm pretty sure Fritz intended to DESTROY PackerRats as we know it. Pure evil.

MadtownPacker
05-04-2012, 08:10 PM
it seems like most other odd off topic post that it was addressed and dismissed in the thread, and the thread continued on it's merry way. Plus, read it again - was it really a personal attack, or was it a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic remark that actually supports teachers. See what I mean about having to be ever-present and having great judgment and discernment to really go about a post-by-post monitoring of the forum?
In this case you are probably correct and contrary to your previous reply the post wasnt moved or edited in any way. I think I will be adding some mods though. Reconsidering the Meadow also but not for the public to view.

mraynrand
05-04-2012, 08:19 PM
In this case you are probably correct and contrary to your previous reply the post wasnt moved or edited in any way.

I misunderstood your post

Scott Campbell
05-04-2012, 08:28 PM
I think I will be adding some mods though.

Sorry Mad - I'm way too busy. I'll have to pass.

mraynrand
05-04-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm sure Woody would agree to be a moderator

MadtownPacker
05-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Dont sweat it, Woody already stepped up.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000082389/polls_barney_fife_5959_725213_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Scott Campbell
05-04-2012, 08:38 PM

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000082389/polls_barney_fife_5959_725213_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

That's who I'd go with. He'll make a fine deputy sheriff.

swede
05-05-2012, 06:33 AM
"Nip it, Andy! Nip it in the bud!"

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 08:38 AM

Asshole. Define that please.

I'm certainly fair to members here. Alwys try my best to get along with every member but that will NOT always work so yes ! The IGNORE Feature may be the best option. That option often 'only' serves it's purpose for a specific time period and being a fair person I generally get over anything in short order Skinbasket.

I'm sorry I do not meet your expectations. I find a study of you interesting as I'm always 'open to learning'.

Have a super weekend man.

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Lets see how congenial you are once you're a crazy old man that comes out of every minor argument looking like a complete blithering idiot.

If your going to paint a house white why use black paint?

Are you talking about me? I'm guessing NOT as the above description of someone certainly doesn't describe me.

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm with Harlan. I'm pretty sure Fritz intended to DESTROY PackerRats as we know it. Pure evil.

Scott we can always count on you to be so helpful. SARCASM intended.

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Sorry Mad - I'm way too busy. I'll have to pass.

Tragic news.

Scott Campbell
05-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Scott we can always count on you to be so helpful. SARCASM intended.

And we can always count on you to continue having me on ignore. Well done.

Now stop stalking me.

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm sure Woody would agree to be a moderator

No. The standard has already been set.

zool.

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 08:51 AM
And we can always count on you to continue having me on ignore. Well done.

Now stop stalking me.

Sometimes a fella doesn't have to place a member on IGNORE. That member can simply ignore a post Scott. I appreciate the flexibility.

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 08:55 AM

I appreciate the humour. hahahahahahaha Canadians are very funny guys. American women seem to enjoy us.

Andy Taylor: What are you doing?

Barney Fife: Gun-drawing practice, ten minutes every day. If I ever have to use this baby, I want to teach it to come to papa in a hurry.

"Now here at the Rock we have two rules. Memorize them until you can say them in your sleep. Rule number one: obey all rules. Rule number two: no writing on the walls.' Barney Fife

Barney Fife: Man, we really packed it away, didn't we?

Andy Taylor: Yeah, boy.

Barney Fife: Fortunately, none of mine goes to fat. All goes to muscle.

Andy Taylor: Does, huh?

Barney Fife: It's a mark of us Fifes. Everything we eat goes to muscle.
[pats tummy]

Barney Fife: See there?

Andy Taylor (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0341431/): Well, Barney, you know we always give the truck drivers an extra five miles an hour so they can make it up Turner's Grade.

Barney Fife: Now Andy, if you let them take thirty, they'll take thirty-five. If you let them take thirty-five, they'll take forty. If you let them take forty, they'll take forty-five. If you...

Andy Taylor: Uh, Barn.

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Now here is a more apt comparison to who I am:

Bat Masterson (1853-1921)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Bat_Masterson_1879.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bat_Masterson_1879.jpg)

** " Every dog, we are told, has his day, unless there are more dogs than days." Bat Masterson

** " When a man is at the racetrack he roars longer and louder over the twenty-five cents he loses through the hole in the bottom of his pocket than he does over the $25 he loses through the hole in the top of his pocket." Bat Masterson

** " There are those who argue that everything breaks even in this old dump of a world of ours. I suppose these ginks who argue that way hold that because the rich man gets ice in the summer and the poor man gets it in the winter things are breaking even for both. Maybe so, but I'll swear I can't see it that way." Bat Masterson

" Buffalo hunter, scout, lawman, and newspaper columnist, Bat Masterson, short for Bartholomew, was at the center stage of Dodge City gunfights.

He was a deputy for both Wyatt Earp and his brother, Ed, who was killed by Jack Wagner in 1878. Unlike the movies you might have seen, it is believed that Bat killed Wagner that same night. After the famous (yet bloodless) Dodge City War, Masterson started to migrate throughout the west in Colorado, Arizona, and other locales, while he gambled and promoted prize fights.

While famous for his gunfights, historians believe he only pulled his gun and killed people on six different occasions (other than Indian fighting); far less than some of his contemporaries such as Dallas Stoudenmire, "Wild Bill" Hickok, and Clay Allison.

He walked with a cane for most of his life due to an injury he received in his very first fight. His notoriety actually came from an exaggeration by a doctor who told a reporter that Bat had killed 26 men in gunfights. The story was written and circulated throughout the country.

In 1902, President Theodore Roosevelt made Masterson a U.S. Deputy for southern New York and took him out of the west.

What you didn’t know: This gunfighter wasn’t born in the U.S. – He was 'a Canadian...from Quebec'.

Bat Masterson never went back to being a lawman after he was removed from the U.S. Deputy position by William H. Taft.

He turned to sports writing for the New York Telegraph and died from a heart attack at his desk at the age of 67." From Sources

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b1/Wyatt_Earp_und_Bat_Masterson_1876.jpg/200px-Wyatt_Earp_und_Bat_Masterson_1876.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wyatt_Earp_und_Bat_Masterson_1876.jpg) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.20wmf1/common/images/magnify-clip.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wyatt_Earp_und_Bat_Masterson_1876.jpg)
Deputy Bat Masterson (standing) and Sheriff Wyatt Earp in Dodge City, 1876. The scroll on Earp's chest is a cloth pin-on badge

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b1/DodgeCityPoliceCommission.jpg/300px-DodgeCityPoliceCommission.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DodgeCityPoliceCommission.jpg) http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.20wmf1/common/images/magnify-clip.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DodgeCityPoliceCommission.jpg)

The "Dodge City Peace Commission" June 1883. From left to right, standing: W.H. Harris, Luke Short, Bat Masterson, W.F. Petillon. Seated: Charlie Bassett, Wyatt Earp, Frank McLain and Neal Brown.

Bat Masterson spent a year as marshal of Trinidad, Colorado as well as serving as Sheriff of South Pueblo, Colorado. In 1883, he participated in a bloodless conflict and gunfighter gathering later called the Dodge City War.

Scott Campbell
05-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Now here is a more apt comparison to who I am:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MbRruk9V_uQ/THHbmeetHsI/AAAAAAAAABY/W4RJtdcR0lU/s1600/crazy-bum.jpg

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 10:06 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MbRruk9V_uQ/THHbmeetHsI/AAAAAAAAABY/W4RJtdcR0lU/s1600/crazy-bum.jpg

Take some of what I am ... this 'down on you' Scott .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glb2U6y-GdU&ob=av2n

and this:

" In the non-fiction autobiography, You Can't Win (1926), written by train-riding hobo and small time thief Jack Black about his own life in the early 1900s, he claims that he and another thief named 'The Sanctimonious Kid' intend to stick up a poker game in Denver, CO, but reconsider when they see Bat Masterson playing in the game.

When Jack, who didn't know Bat Masterson, asks "Sanc" why they didn't go through with the plan, "Sanc" states...

that Bat Masterson is the fastest human being alive with a gun and would've shot them dead before they could raise their pieces. " From Sources

Do you know the meaning of sanctimonious Scott?

woodbuck27
05-05-2012, 12:13 PM
This song 'at least suggests' what I'm against at Packerrats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHugEELD8o8

I vote for 'peace and harmony' with fair debate when it serves TRUTH.

MadtownPacker
05-05-2012, 01:07 PM
FYI for Scott and Woody - The bullshit from the Favre thread has been moved to a more appropriate thread in the GC. Please take your dispute there and keep it out of the Packers area and this thread as well. Please consider this an official warning.

Cheesehead Craig
05-05-2012, 02:33 PM
FYI for Scott and Woody - The bullshit from the Favre thread has been moved to a more appropriate thread in the GC. Please take your dispute there and keep it out of the Packers area and this thread as well. Please consider this an official warning.

http://www.moviemarket.com/library/photos/293/29394.jpg

sooner6600
05-05-2012, 03:06 PM
About time!

Happy cinco day.

Scott Campbell
05-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Order has been restored, and our beautiful Favre thread is intact. Cooler heads prevailed. I for one am relieved.

I'd like to take the opportunity to extend an olive branch to Woody, and welcome him back to this thread. No hard feelings.

MadtownPacker
05-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Order has been restored, and our beautiful Favre thread is intact. Cooler heads prevailed. I for one am relieved.

I'd like to take the opportunity to extend an olive branch to Woody, and welcome him back to this thread. No hard feelings.
Why would you invite him back to this thread? This was suppose to be about discussing some issue but instead has been shit and pissed on by just about everyone. Take you feud post with Woody to the GC thread because any future ones are gonna get moved there anyways.

Scott Campbell
05-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Why would you invite him back to this thread?

The past is the past. I'm all about the healing now. Frankly, I was hoping you'd be a little more supportive.

I would just like us all to move forward together.

Harlan Huckleby
05-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I just learned today that Cinco de Mayo celebrates the defeat of the French colonizers by the Mexicans.

I never knew that the french occupied Mexico. All I know is that the Mexicans used to occupy California and Texas but were expelled by the native Californians and Texans.

Scott Campbell
05-05-2012, 03:38 PM
All I know is that the Mexicans used to occupy California and Texas but were expelled by the native Californians and Texans.

They later got even.

MadtownPacker
05-05-2012, 04:22 PM
The past is the past. I'm all about the healing now. Frankly, I was hoping you'd be a little more supportive.

I would just like us all to move forward together.Why cant you have the occasional zinger for woody? Just this back and forth shit all over the place that needs to change. Then it would be funny again.

Scott Campbell
05-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Why cant you have the occasional zinger for woody? Just this back and forth shit all over the place that needs to change. Then it would be funny again.

Good post MadtownPacker!

swede
05-05-2012, 06:23 PM
With all this positive energy I am starting to feel a little bad for my pot-stirring in the Favre thread.

Okay I'm over it.

hoosier
05-05-2012, 07:36 PM
I just learned today that Cinco de Mayo celebrates the defeat of the French colonizers by the Mexicans.

I never knew that the french occupied Mexico. All I know is that the Mexicans used to occupy California and Texas but were expelled by the native Californians and Texans.

Ignoramus.

Scott Campbell
05-05-2012, 07:52 PM
With all this positive energy I am starting to feel a little bad for my pot-stirring in the Favre thread.

Okay I'm over it.

Good post swede!

woodbuck27
05-06-2012, 12:47 AM

Gheesssh ! What just happened. Frankly you and I we're just having a little fun on this thread. Nothing even approaching serious. I especially thought this light hearted back and forth here wasn't approaching anything even marginally approaching a problem and it was out of the Packer (NFL) section of Packerrats. Scott.... Mad has been under a serious strain here of late. I want something done between you and I.

I just read this** in the following post and you and I must resolve any differences now if your serious about sincerely desiring PEACE.

** "Why would you invite him back to this thread? This was suppose to be about discussing some issue but instead has been shit and pissed on by just about everyone. Take you feud post with Woody to the GC thread because any future ones are gonna get moved there anyways."

I accept ***your 'olive branch' Scott Campbell.

*** Peace between you and I Scott with the following to at least be discussed between you and I.

I make this motion:

The 'only way' it will work is for each of us to place the other on IGNORE forever.

Will you agree to that Scott Campbell and promise to keep it that way?

easy cheesy
05-06-2012, 02:30 AM
http://www.totaleye.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/double-vision1.jpg

Scott Campbell
05-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Gheesssh ! What just happened. Frankly you and I we're just having a little fun on this thread. Nothing even approaching serious. I especially thought this light hearted back and forth here wasn't approaching anything even marginally approaching a problem and it was out of the Packer (NFL) section of Packerrats. Scott.... Mad has been under a serious strain here of late. I want something done between you and I.

I just read this** in the following post and you and I must resolve any differences now if your serious about sincerely desiring PEACE.

** "Why would you invite him back to this thread? This was suppose to be about discussing some issue but instead has been shit and pissed on by just about everyone. Take you feud post with Woody to the GC thread because any future ones are gonna get moved there anyways."

I accept ***your 'olive branch' Scott Campbell.

*** Peace between you and I Scott with the following to at least be discussed between you and I.

I make this motion:

The 'only way' it will work is for each of us to place the other on IGNORE forever.

Will you agree to that Scott Campbell and promise to keep it that way?

Good post woodbuck27!

woodbuck27
05-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Hey Scott. please that 'Good post BS....knock it off and let's communicate..PLEASE.

Your NOT going to change. I assure you that I won't cahnge as well. We seem to rub one another the wrong way. Alot of that has to do with my position RE: Favre and there is will be more I'm guessing.

Scott I make the following statement with all honesty and concern for my membership here:

I will never sacrifice my integrity and dishonour all I was raised to be by very intelligent/smart and solidly decent people.

This whole thing has come to be a mess that even I do NOT fully understand nor can unravel.I'll not inform Packerrats of my intelligence level but it's extremely high. Few people have the gifts I was bless'd with. I'm not as you wish me to be. I'm NOT mentally ill. I'm hardly weak in any way.

I'm a very happy and healthy man.

All my life my intelligence, will to succeed and determination in life in a general sense was noticed and rewarded. This is a tough atmosphere in which to be treatedin any sense resembling TRUTH.

I read so much great stuff and some incredible BULLSHIT and LIES!

I'm lost as to what to do now. I know I cannot bend over backwards for some of the members of Packerrats. Well clearer...no member ....no owner either. I must stand by who I am.

If I am judged as a BAD member here I submit to a Final judgement.

Those that make such judgement 'as a negative against me' will suffer their own shame.

Scott......What happened to retailguy?

Scott Campbell
05-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Great posting everyone!

woodbuck27
05-06-2012, 10:14 AM

Okay I'm over it.

Swede if your sincere I offer my most solemn CONGRATULATIONS Packer fan. You will be pleased with that decision.

woodbuck27
05-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey Scott. please that 'Good post BS....knock it off and let's communicate..PLEASE.

Your NOT going to change. I assure you that I won't cahnge as well. We seem to rub one another the wrong way. Alot of that has to do with my position RE: Favre and there is will be more I'm guessing.

Scott I make the following statement with all honesty and concern for my membership here:

I will never sacrifice my integrity and dishonour all I was raised to be by very intelligent/smart and solidly decent people.

This whole thing has come to be a mess that even I do NOT fully understand nor can unravel.I'll not inform Packerrats of my intelligence level but it's extremely high. Few people have the gifts I was bless'd with. I'm not as you wish me to be. I'm NOT mentally ill. I'm hardly weak in any way.

All my life my intelligence, will to succeed and determination in life in a general sense was noticed and rewarded. This is a tough atmosphere in which to be treatedin any sense resembling TRUTH.

I'm lost as to what to do now. I know I cannot bend over backwards for some of the members of Packerrats. Well clearer...no member ....no owner either. I must stand by who I am.

Those that make such judgement 'as a negative against me' will suffer their own shame.

Scott......What happened to retailguy?

Scott I sincerely desire to resolve any differences with you.

Let's act 'like men'. REAL MEN !

Get 'just there' for all time.

I'm SERIOUS Scott Campbell.

I'm not even sure how do do this unless there's 'a Meadow' and that NOT located in 'the Garbage Can'.

I'll NOT enter that section of Packerrats.

I'm trying to go over the back end of 'the Favre thread' and make sense of some of that.

You and I must not post one another in that thread. If we do so 'the SHIT Hits The Fan'.

Harlan Huckleby
05-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Scott I sincerely desire to resolve any differences with you.

Let's act 'like men'. REAL MEN !

Why are you continuing this conversation in public? I don't care if your stance is constructive or destructive, it is of no interest to the general reader.

I'm not even sure how do do this unless there's 'a Meadow' and that NOT located in 'the Garbage Can'.

I'll NOT enter that section of Packerrats.

I see. You are above posting in that section, even though that's where Madtown has asked you to move your flame war. But you are not above spamming the forum with more of this tedious drivel.

I blame the self-appointed ENFORCERS of this forum, Scott Campbell, occassionally Skin Basket & Zool, a couple others, for inflaming most of the unpleasantness in this forum. They taunt people they don't like, such as yourself or Partial, and generate more negative reactions, drive people out of the forum. I hate that intolerance and nastiness.

I'm not reading your posts anymore, maybe will use the ignore button to save eye-scanning. It's not that I dislike you, it's the MASSIVE VOLUME that you are generating.

Harlan Huckleby
05-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Ignoramus.

you earned a spot on my ignore list too, Indiana Idiot.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2012, 10:51 AM

Good post Harlan Huckleby!

mraynrand
05-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Ignoramus.

No need to be negative, friend! Spread happy cheer! Turn that frown upside down!

woodbuck27
05-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Why are you continuing this conversation in public? I don't care if your stance is constructive or destructive, it is of no interest to the general reader.

I see. You are above posting in that section, even though that's where Madtown has asked you to move your flame war. But you are not above spamming the forum with more of this tedious drivel.

I blame the self-appointed ENFORCERS of this forum, Scott Campbell, occassionally Skin Basket & Zool, a couple others, for inflaming most of the unpleasantness in this forum. They taunt people they don't like, such as yourself or Partial, and generate more negative reactions, drive people out of the forum. I hate that intolerance and nastiness.

I'm not reading your posts anymore, maybe will use the ignore button to save eye-scanning. It's not that I dislike you, it's the MASSIVE VOLUME that you are generating.

Then just how do we resolve this without a means or thread to communicate? Why force me into 'the Garbage can?

Place me on IGNORE as that serves you Harlan.

Yes few members here can post the volume I can when I'm at my most productive. I'm past that now for certain prudent reasons.

Have a nice life Harlan.

mraynrand
05-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Yes few members here can post the volume I can when I'm at my most productive.

keep up the good work!!

http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.86768924.jpg

Scott Campbell
05-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Great posting everyone!

woodbuck27
05-06-2012, 11:04 AM

Yes that's the solution. Everyone in here puts a minumum of ten posters on IGNORE. Then we'll be simulating a real community. Ohh and where there is a man of color by all means he lands on alot of 'Whitey's' Ignore lists.

Come on Harlan contribute to 'a solution' not some backhanded reaction. What have I ever done to you man to get a blast from you?

No forget that take the easy route. You place me on IGNORE.

woodbuck27
05-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Great posting everyone!

Great posting everyone.

woodbuck27
05-06-2012, 11:16 AM

Mad there's some REAL BS on page 440 of the Favre thread that's NOT been moved anywhere.

If I have to enter the Garbage Can to ever post SC. Will you 'at least show me the courtesy' of a guided tour? Maybe point out some of the 'really mean streets'?

THANKS

Scott Campbell
05-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Great posting everyone.

Good post woodbuck27!

MadtownPacker
05-06-2012, 12:03 PM
So I see scott and aynrand cant help themselves. Most unfortunate.

MadtownPacker
05-06-2012, 12:04 PM

Scott......What happened to retailguy?Note: When you get back after your "break" I just want to let you know I wasn't joking about you going back and forth with SC outside of the GC.

pbmax
05-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Yes, SC, I think the viewership in the Packer forum would increase if some posts like the one I mentioned were simply erased. The problem isn't any single post, the problem is that posts like it are designed to troll and start a fight, a back and forth that often consumes the thread, like woody and SC have been having here. That wasn't Skin taking a shot at Nutz or Mad taking a shot at Harlan. If you can stop the trolling and in-fighting, a number of former posters would have stayed. And I think whatever method Mad uses to add new posters would be more successful and keep those members around longer. I think the numbers would increase quite a bit over time.

And Skin, while I am not eager to have anyone police humor and I am sorry to hear that the RR was at one point humorless, it seems a small risk to run to keep the Packer forum civil. And Mad, its entirely possible a well intentioned soul could delete Fritz's comment about teachers, having (I think) misinterpreted it. But I doubt that deleting a post is permanent and if it becomes clear that an error was made, it can be corrected. The flow of the thread might be disrupted, but not as badly as the thread being overrun by a personal battle or having a poster throwing a fit and getting the whole thread tossed in the GC.

I do not claim to have any magical ability to discern what people want and what they will tolerate. If I did, I would work in TV or marketing. But if someone needs to tell Brandon he is too suburban to carry his attitude, it should go in a PM.

But something needs to be done other than off the rail threads being dumped in the GC. In fact, I think that form of control is counterproductive, giving the disruptive individual the power to torpedo an entire thread. The hard work in a good thread should be rewarded. Posts that simply seek to start a confrontation should be the target.

It will never be perfect, but having a conversation with one poster about a problematic post is far easier than explaining to 20 posters why a thread gets removed or gutted because of two people who lack self control.

SkinBasket
05-07-2012, 06:52 AM
So I see scott and aynrand cant help themselves. Most unfortunate.

They aren't the only ones. Only they don't have the ability to ban people in lieu of making an actual articulated point. Some would call that unfortunate.

SkinBasket
05-07-2012, 06:57 AM
And Skin, while I am not eager to have anyone police humor and I am sorry to hear that the RR was at one point humorless, it seems a small risk to run to keep the Packer forum civil.

I understand where you're coming from, but the amount of work involved in policing the intention, subtext, and history between users seems a bit monumental. Unless you delete anything not strictly football related. In which case you may as well just follow an RSS feed. IMHO, it's the human interaction that keeps people coming back, and sometimes human interaction in unpredictable and volatile. Then again, I don't run a successful internet forum, so what do I know?

MadtownPacker
05-07-2012, 09:35 AM
They aren't the only ones. Only they don't have the ability to ban people in lieu of making an actual articulated point. Some would call that unfortunate.

So tell us what do you do for fun?

Harlan Huckleby
05-07-2012, 09:43 AM
what you gonna do when you get out of jail?
I'm gonna have some fun
what do you consider fun?
Fun! Natural Fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTLPQ9h659A

pbmax
05-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I understand where you're coming from, but the amount of work involved in policing the intention, subtext, and history between users seems a bit monumental. Unless you delete anything not strictly football related. In which case you may as well just follow an RSS feed. IMHO, it's the human interaction that keeps people coming back, and sometimes human interaction in unpredictable and volatile. Then again, I don't run a successful internet forum, so what do I know?

I agree it's potentially a large responsibility. And I am not particularly interested in a sanitized forum, though even if that were the result, the Packer forum would still be of interest to me because it draws on a wider range of sources than I can get even on a Twitter feed. So I admit, even a mechanical Rats RSS feed is not my worst case scenario, though it would be a tremendous loss. Coming here to laugh at the quips and groaners (or be proven wrong, a underestimated feature) it part of its ramshackle charm.

Which is why I would encourage any mod or Mad to focus only on specific posts and egregious content. If someone lights the fuse on a known flame issue or posts just to insult another (non joking form), it should go. If the deletion is in error, the post can be restored. Save the thread, lose the post.

Harlan Huckleby
05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
And I am not particularly interested in a sanitized forum....Which is why I would encourage any mod or Mad to focus only on specific posts and egregious content..

Words only get meaningful when it gets down to specific examples, since everybody thinks their own position is the center of reason and moderation. You identified the Snake post as "egregious content." From my perspective, you most definitely are interested in a sanitized forum.

But probably we don't really disagree that much and I am being harsh for dramatic effect.

I want a forum moderated by Skinbasket that excludes insulting assholes like Skinbasket.

SkinBasket
05-07-2012, 11:50 AM
So tell us what do you do for fun?

Well, killing interest in internet forums for my own egotistical pleasure isn't high on my list, so I guess... cigar bars?

At least the guys there are assholes by their own considered choice.

SkinBasket
05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
what you gonna do when you get out of jail?
I'm gonna have some fun
what do you consider fun?
Fun! Natural Fun!

you should be banned for being so boring.

Harlan Huckleby
05-07-2012, 01:08 PM
ahhh, you're just jealous of my aerobics instructor perkiness.

woodbuck27
05-08-2012, 06:04 AM
This post is NOT directed at any particular member of Packerrats rather 'all of my fellow members of OUR GREEN BAY PACKER home:

http://ca.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f347467%5fAK7sHkgAAIvq T6Jh%2fQjKTWWQKMs&pid=2.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeo

"The Gunslinger"

An old prospector shuffled into the town of El Indio, Texas leading a tired old mule. The old man headed straight for the only saloon in town, to clear his parched throat.

He walked up to the saloon and tied his old mule to the hitch rail.

As he stood there, brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes,a young gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.

The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, can you dance?"

The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No son, I don't dance... never really wanted to."

A crowd had gathered as the gunslinger grinned and said, "Well, you old fool, you're gonna dance now!" and started shooting at the old man's feet.

The old prospector, not wanting to get a toe blown off, started hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet.

Everybody standing around was laughing.

When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.

The old man turned to his pack mule, pulled out a double-barrelled 12 gauge shotgun and cocked both hammers.

The loud clicks carried clearly through the desert air. The crowd stopped laughing immediately.

The young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly.

The silence was deafening. The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin 12 gauge barrels.

The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's hands, as he quietly said;

"Son, have you ever kissed a mule's ass?"

The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir... but...but I've always wanted to."

There are a few lessons for all of us here: *Don't be arrogant.

*Don't waste ammunition.

*Whiskey makes you think you're smarter than you are.

*Always make sure you know who is in control.

*And finally, don't screw around with old folks; they didn't get old by being stupid.

and finally I believe this is true:

“Treat a person as he/she is, and he will remain as he/she is. Treat a person as he/she could be, and he/she will become what he/she should be.”

woodbuck27
05-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Note: When you get back after your "break" I just want to let you know I wasn't joking about you going back and forth with SC outside of the GC.

I've had to unfortunately and mostly by this WARNING placed SC 'back on IGNORE'.

As last week concluded I was sincere in attempting to reach a peace settlement with Scott Campbell. It now appears that the window of opportunity for that to succeed is gone. I'm certainly at a loss of words to expres my sadness as that turned out. I wish Scott Campbell 'no harm'. I hope Scott can apply himself to change.

In placing Scott Campbell 'on IGNORE'. Did I exercise 'Free Will'? NO!

I did so as a precautionary measure to protect myself; until I can get a more accurate sense of what has happened here at Packerrats. What direction certain POWER GROUPS intend it to go.

I've determined a new Moderator was installed to replace pbmax.

In my observatuion, pbmax always seemed to be 'on the job' and a real credit to the ownership. I appreciated him as effective / competent / unbiased .... or fair.

I want to formally THANK pbmax for his consistent and competent duty as OUR Moderator. I believe pbmax had some challenging times as he carried out his best service to Packerrats. I wish the new moderator the same manner of succeeding without prejudice.

As always I want to express my ongoing gratitude to the owner and wisest members of Packerrats. To the decent people that attempt to be solidly contributing members to OUR PACKER HOME.

sooner6600
05-08-2012, 07:39 AM
There is good in everyone that you will know.
There is good in everyone even though it does not show.
Keep trying.

When I was a little tyke of two or three
My mother said to me,
Put those rose coloured glasses upon your nose
You will see robbins insted of crows.

There is good in everyone who you will know.
There is good in everyone sometimes it does not show.

Keep trying.

Even if someone is a rat
he is not a complete rat

So keep trying.

There is good in every one.

BS

woodbuck27
05-08-2012, 07:55 AM
If *this unusual family* can somehow manage then I believe that Packerats can as well.

I always endeavour to contribute understanding and mutual respect. Of these two the greatest endeavour of anyone should be to gain RESPECT. Sometimes that's impossible with some but never impossible in terms of effort.

Without 'RESPECT' you have nothing.

* http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/aa/Family_Guy_Logo.svg/220px-Family_Guy_Logo.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Family_Guy_Logo.svg)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/50/The_Griffin_family.png/220px-The_Griffin_family.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Griffin_family.png)

There's good in everyone ** who you will know.

There's good in everyone sometimes it does not show.

** Therein lies 'the rub'.

For 'the most part'; we'll NOT have a genuine opportunity to know one another, or 'the TRUTH of what we are'. So many can ride the internet rails and settle in a place like Packerrats, which is a community with a wide assortment of personalities. Sometimes as members, we are impossible bedfellows or friends. Certain posts will not escape us as they are horridly unfair and indefensible.

Nevertheless and again IMO.... we must all never allow another member to paint an incorrect picture of who we arn't. If that member can stress his view enough; that view is adopted by the membership as 'a TRUTH'. as ridiculous as that view may be.

Packerrats is composed of groups that take sides and draw hard lines in the sand. The

** OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?13510-OFFICIAL-BRETT-THE-LIVING-LEGEND-THREAD)

reveals all that one member (MOBB DEEP (http://packerrats.com/member.php?729-MOBB-DEEP) ) desired for good and peace on this forum. I believe his endeavour was disrespected and maligned to a degree of unfortunate proportions. It's in this thread that we will see demonstrated all the worst of our community as a senseless battle is carried out.

If any member has loads of time on their hands. Read this thread and you will see 'the SHAME' of OUR Green Bay Packer HOME.

I ask anyone who reads this post to go to this thread and *** read post #189 located on page 10 of ***.

Read that members honest post. Do you feel 'your shame'? That member describes best what 'a REAL Packer Fan' must be. How to demonstrate proper conduct and pride as a Packer fan. I commend that member as one I certainly respect here at Packerrats.

So right there my view is prejudiced.

Read that thread for the outlandish rubes certain members make as absolute FLAMES against another member.

IMO...FLAMES are the higest disgrace for the members posting those FLAMES.

What of the challenge thrown down by the FLAMER? Should a man/woman be disrespected for a necessary defense? Worse ... suffer further humiliation and punishment for exercising integrity to defende himself/herself?

The FLAMER !!!

These members are responsible for those FLAMES. These members should request that they be deleted from this Forum as they disgrace themselves.

It's OK to error. Never OK to allow an error to sit... worse to perpetrate itself. That's on 'the leadership' of Packerrats.

Harlan. with no disrespect.

Each member has his/her own TRUTH but there is but 'ONE TRUTH'.

You of all people need to re-read the post I refer to above. Your response to that post and poster shocked me as i believed you incapable of such a position. I believed your intelligence would take you to a better place.

We all can change and grow to be constructive towords Packerrats. To not be cynical or allow this community to eat us up.

My final comment in this post;

I can assure the people in charge here of this wisdom. If you ever error in terms of awarding those damned in their needs. You'll never see....... but 'a mistake'.

That's what you'll always see in yourself looking inward.

The courage to 'get it RIGHT' always lies in each of our decisions.

My name is Ed. woodbuck27

I AM REAL.

MJZiggy
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Good god, man, are you TRYING to get yourself thrown out? Read what Mad wrote and Just. Stop. Talking. About. It. Like completely if you're not willing to go to the GC to do it.

woodbuck27
05-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Good god, man, are you TRYING to get yourself thrown out? Read what Mad wrote and Just. Stop. Talking. About. It. Like completely if you're not willing to go to the GC to do it.

Why is it MJ that the 'only' time you ever respond to a post of mine is to slam it? To undermine 'the poster'.That isn't a rhetorical question. I do not want to engage you further RE: your post to me. Packerrats has changed and I need to learn how to be a member here again. I'm sincerely confused.

Look at yourself please.

My posts above offer nothing short of what's positive and constructive. My intentions to promote 'just that ' here in OUR Green Bay Packer home.

If my posts are offensive to you MJ and they are certainly NOT intended to upset anyone!?

You have this option. 'Simply' ... go to the Moderator 'zool' and request that they be removed to the Garbage Can.

Have a very pleasnt remainder to your week.

Joemailman
05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Why is it MJ that the 'only' time you ever respond to a post of mine is to slam it? To undermine 'the poster'.That isn't a rhetorical question. I do not want to engage you further RE: your post to me. Packerrats has changed and I need to learn how to be a member here again. I'm sincerely confused.

Look at yourself please.

My posts above offer nothing short of what's positive and constructive. My intentions to promote 'just that ' here in OUR Green Bay Packer home.

If my posts are offensive to you MJ and they are certainly NOT intended to upset anyone!?

You have this option. 'Simply' ... go to the Moderator 'zool' and request that they be removed to the Garbage Can.

Have a very pleasnt remainder to your week.

Listen dumbass. She was trying to give you some much needed advice. Personally, I wouldn't have done it. I'm not that nice. I hope you do enough to get yourself banned.

MadtownPacker
05-08-2012, 09:02 PM

Look at yourself please.

Have a very pleasnt remainder to your week.Obviously you are not happy. Dont take it out on others, let me know if you have issue with your timeout. I asked you several times to chill and you didnt want to hear it so you got what you had coming.

I honestly felt you where not getting a fair shake when several where piling on woody but the way you have reacted towards others is crap. Get over it man or fail to be as strong as you always claim.

woodbuck27
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Obviously you are not happy. Dont take it out on others, let me know if you have issue with your timeout. I asked you several times to chill and you didnt want to hear it so you got what you had coming.

I honestly felt you where not getting a fair shake when several where piling on woody but the way you have reacted towards others is crap. Get over it man or fail to be as strong as you always claim.

Mad. Please ..... I defend my positions one day and forget it the next. Maybe my style of defense is tough. It's never meant to harm a soul here. At the same time I have to come to grips with the hashness and hidden agendas of some members here that need to exert too much force in terms of their swelled up heads.

Read that post to me by Joemailman end of pg. 12 this thread. What have I ever done to that member to illicit such a stinking response? It doesn't matter as it should NEVER have illicited that response. Maybe he would better respect me if I told him simply and clearly to >>> FO. I'm strong enought NOT to use language except in the very most rare ocassion and you'll not uncover such a post easily if ever.

My conduct is questioned here and I have to deal with the likes of that. Good GOD Mad. How can you question my strength? My strength is outstanding.

That post fr Joemailman to me. Beyond a FLAME. It's an outright condemnation. Yet it will stand forever. It will be saluted by some. It will be like a siren to a rally cry. How pathetic some here are. I accept that.

I'm NOT unhappy Mad.

I post here as 'a happy camper' and do so with genuine concern at times; always with a positive attitude. In fact I'm not like anyone else here. and at I'm certainly a solid contributing member of this forum.

I'm not at all unhappy about my timeout. I don't believe you handed down judgement on me easily.

Mad ..... I'm happy. I'm a member of Packerrats. I'm a positive member. I'm a member that does not attack others here. I'm a member that is honest.

Sometimes in my honesty I may be mistaken and when I am.

PLEASE.

I expect to be corrected honourably and respectfully NOT in the style of 'a Joemailman' or any of his kind. You have a sence of decency in you that 'a Joemailman' appears to me to lack.

Good manners is 'a certain test' of a man.

It takes all kinds to make Packerrats Mad. (-: X alot !

woodbuck27
05-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Listen dumbass. She was trying to give you some much needed advice. Personally, I wouldn't have done it. I'm not that nice. I hope you do enough to get yourself banned.

MJZiggy and Joemailman thanks for 'any genuine' concern for me. That's nice ! (-:

This is for you, Joemailman.

I'm feeling generous and astutely compassionate towords you. That's easy for me in 'the Spirit of what it means to be a decent human being'.

I believe in a spirit of proper conduct,decent manners and in good taste that we all have some growing to do.

I'm your friend Joemailman. To help you I offer two 'rhetorical questions':

a) Does that post to me reflect the hopes that this forums owner (Mad) has for Packerrats?

b) Is that post constructive in terms of 'Peace and Harmony' at Packerrats?

RELAX please...don't fret. I'm NOT going to be banned from Packerrats man. I'll die a Packerrat.

I remind you. Those questions are 'rhetorical'.

I wish you a wonderful remainder to your week. I love you Joemailman.

I LOVE all members of Packerrats. That's my command as a human being.

SkinBasket
05-09-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm NOT going to be banned from Packerrats man. I'll die a Packerrat.

That's kind of the problem. Meanwhile, it looks like we just lost another great poster or two. No offense to you as a person, but that's not exactly a desirable outcome if I were trying to run a forum.

Harlan Huckleby
05-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I believe in a spirit of proper conduct,decent manners and in good taste

Good manners and good taste don't live in your head. They live in the social world around you. You have been making long, sincere, well-meaning posts describing how you are a decent person and that you want to reconcile with others. The problem is that people don't want to hear it. It is repetitive, uncomfortable, unnecessary. Therefore, in the social world, rather than in your own internal logic, you are behaving with very bad manners and bad taste.

I think you are a very decent person, and maybe you are very smart. It is not decent or smart to keep trying to convince others you are decent and smart.

Is that post constructive in terms of 'Peace and Harmony' at Packerrats? You need to stop, completely and immediately, lecturing others about peace and harmony. It is not producing peace and harmony, which surely you can see. It is only defending yourself and reassuring yourself. This is narcissistic, not genuinely doing anything positive for people around you. Since you are in fact a very genuine & decent person, then you need to walk-the-walk and STOP talking about yourself.

I LOVE all members of Packerrats. That's my command as a human being.
I know this is true. But you have to ACT on this by doing the hardest thing of all: step back and honestly observe how your behavior is affecting people people. Listen to the feedback.

Some people here think you are an asshole. I sure don't, and many others want to accept you into the family here. Even the ones who hate you, like Joemailman, will be back to accepting & appreciating you as a quirky uncle from the nord if you will just shut up a little bit. Well, a lot, you have been spamming the forum in unsuccessful attempt to salve the awful pain of rejection you are undoubtably feeling.

AND here's my unsolicited advice to others: if somebody is bugging you, just try the ignore list. I put Woody on ignore because he was getting on my nerves, it really works marvelously, as Romney would say. I can't resist a train wreck, poked my nose back in here to deliver my Dr. Phil speech. I'm sure I will remove Woody from my ignore list after this kerfuffle dies down.

Deputy Nutz
05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Why is it so hard for people to just shut the fuck up and move on?

Woodbuck, see advice above and get off your fucking soap box, and if you want to talk football, politics, fucking a chick in the ass, brewers, how to cook beef stew, or anything else this forum provides then do it, but your rants are getting fucking boring and more unreadable by the hour.

On another note, I am not leaving, If and when this place burns to the ground I think I have the right to be around to piss on the ashes of Packerrats.
Mads can back the fuck up and let this place run its natural course, it is either going to succeed, or fail on its own and Madtown needs to just let that happen.

MadtownPacker
05-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Nuts you better shut the fuck up or skin will be upset with you too!!

There will be no ashes to piss on. Just like you and your bitch will keep posting here. But I think you should be a mod again so you can unleash your fury on "packer fan".

Upnorth
05-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Why is it so hard for people to just shut the fuck up and move on?

Woodbuck, see advice above and get off your fucking soap box, and if you want to talk football, politics, fucking a chick in the ass, brewers, how to cook beef stew, or anything else this forum provides then do it, but your rants are getting fucking boring and more unreadable by the hour.

On another note, I am not leaving, If and when this place burns to the ground I think I have the right to be around to piss on the ashes of Packerrats.
Mads can back the fuck up and let this place run its natural course, it is either going to succeed, or fail on its own and Madtown needs to just let that happen.

Up until the last couple of years I though you would be the one with the gas and matches.

Deputy Nutz
05-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Nuts you better shut the fuck up or skin will be upset with you too!!

There will be no ashes to piss on. Just like you and your bitch will keep posting here. But I think you should be a mod again so you can unleash your fury on "packer fan".No I am not going to be no stinking mod. Skin is determined I will give him that. I just don't think it is fair to keep these posters away from my greatness. I am a man of the people.

Cheesehead Craig
05-09-2012, 12:08 PM
No I am not going to be no stinking mod. Skin is determined I will give him that. I just don't think it is fair to keep these posters away from my greatness. I am a man of the people.

Hell yeah he is!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dvRC9XPsZEc/TGf5rVETigI/AAAAAAAAAKA/8L4fLsg8Pbg/s1600/Lollipop-Guild.jpg