PDA

View Full Version : Worst Packer Person

Smeefers
05-01-2012, 09:39 AM
So, there was a suggestion that we make a poll to see who is hated most among the packers. I liked the idea so I ran with it.

Upnorth
05-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Well done Smeefers. So I seconded Slocum to the whipping boy, but I voted for Jones as most hated. It is way easier to go ballistic on a WR dropping a ball than a coach screwing up. Also Slocum's crew made big strides last year, where as Jones almost seemed worse than the previous year.

Oh yeah and since its Tuesday in the offseason, Fire Slocum!

hoosier
05-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Since Ahmad Carroll left it is really hard to hate any of the current Packer players. Slocum might win by default, but based on last year's performance (what else is there?) he seems to have removed his head from his fundament. I can't hate any of 'em.

woodbuck27
05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't hate any Packer player nor anyone in the Green Bay Packer organization.

GO PACKERS !

ND72
05-01-2012, 10:46 AM
I'll stay consistent and say J. Bush. Most will wonder why not J. Finley for me...but I believe in the big fella.

Tony Oday
05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
The WRs. Sorry but the drops are becoming VERY concerning.

Harlan Huckleby
05-01-2012, 11:23 AM
How soon they forget. TT is not even a nominee!?

I think Erik Walden and Hawk are tied because they had poor 2011 seasons.

Joemailman
05-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Terrell Manning. I can't stand any of those Mannings.

sharpe1027
05-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Johnny Jolly.

Smeefers
05-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Man, I wish I could edit the poll. I'd add Finley and TT aaand a no one catagory. Ahh well, Learn for next time.

MadScientist
05-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Neal for getting suspended and not doing anything when he was on the field. (Hargrove is a possibility if he gets suspended).

Lurker64
05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Other: Walden.

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Johnny Jolly.

Is he still a Packer?

Lurker64
05-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Is he still a Packer?

He's on the Reserve/Suspended list. You can't cut him until he's no longer suspended.

sharpe1027
05-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes, Jolly is still on the roster. I don't really hate anyone on the team, but Jolly was an idiot.

Bossman641
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I've gotten over Bush. He struggles playing the ball but at least he does something well (ST).

Walden and Wynn probably pissed me off the most last year.

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 01:12 PM
He's on the Reserve/Suspended list. You can't cut him until he's no longer suspended.

The way he's going, the Packers might cut him several decades from now, possibly even posthumously.

mraynrand
05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I've gotten over Bush. He struggles playing the ball but at least he does something well (ST).

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=lostfumblechance.mp4

Lurker64
05-01-2012, 01:33 PM
The way he's going, the Packers might cut him several decades from now, possibly even posthumously.

They can probably make a roster move to transfer him to "Reserve/Retired" if someone shivs him in the shower.

sheepshead
05-01-2012, 02:17 PM

GO PACKERS !

Im with you wood, what a lame thread. hate?? really??

SkinBasket
05-01-2012, 02:53 PM
This is totally uncalled for. Someone's feelings are going to get hurt.

Pugger
05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Terrell Manning. I can't stand any of those Mannings.

:lol:

I don't hate any of them but it isn't fun watching Peprah try to be an NFL starting safety.

Pugger
05-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Johnny Jolly.

Oh lord, I forgot about that moron.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I hate BJ Sander/Coleman for all the usual reasons.

CUT HIS ASS!

gbgary
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I've gotten over Bush.

i just turned 58...so have i. lol

:rs:

George Cumby
05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Tie:

Charles Martin and Mossy Cade.

red
05-01-2012, 06:57 PM
i went with bush, although the addition of slocum made me think for a second

as for jones, i thought the guy had a decent year last year. i don't remember any drops, and i don't remember him throwing a fit over a diminished role

swede
05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I hate Evan Dietrich-Smith because of his pretentious hyphen and his unsporting untie of Ndamukong Suh's shoelaces. Suh would have been within his rights to step on him for that alone, but I'm pretty sure it was the hyphen that really pissed-off Ndamukong.

From now on I am writing Evan Dietrich*Smith with an asterisk because an asterisk looks like an asshole.*

*My Cub Scout denmother would be so ashamed of me for hating anyone. She tried to teach us to be good to everyone, even the dirty little kids that lived in the trailers in the woods behind the slaughterhouse. I hated those kids. I think one of them stole my bike after I forgot it at school for a week.

Harlan Huckleby
05-01-2012, 08:16 PM
I hate Evan Dietrich-Smith because of his pretentious hyphen
Evan has two mommies

swede
05-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Not that there*s anything wrong with that.

Joemailman
05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I hate Ray Dominguez cause I think he may be a fat lazy Mexican.

KYPack
05-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Tie:

Ah, a Mossy Cade reference.

When that shit was going on, I called one of my Wisco buddies to find out what was going on. He told me it was all good. The Bears had the refrigerator and we had the Aunteater.

I wanna hate a whole postion.

Right Defensive End.

Iron Mike
05-01-2012, 10:25 PM
You guys are forgetting about the Turd??

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/843/791/51921480_display_image.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2012, 10:29 PM
This poll would be cool if it included the right candidates. Ryan Grant? Who hates Ryan Grant? Plus, he's not even a Packer right now.

Patler
05-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Worst Packer person?

Not even close. - Randall Woodfield.

gbgary
05-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Worst Packer person?

forgot about him...Randall_Woodfield (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Woodfield)

Pugger
05-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Tie:

Oh my, two more to consider. :-P

Gunakor
05-02-2012, 08:09 AM
forgot about him...Randall_Woodfield (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Woodfield)

I felt a lot better about being a Packer fan 30 seconds ago, before I clicked on that link. Holy shit, this may be the sickest person ever listed on any NFL roster. From the wiki link provided: "after a dozen "flashing" incidents called unwelcome attention to Randy, the Packers gave up and sent him home." A dozen? This guy must have had Hall of Fame talent for someone to stick with him after the first eleven "flashing" incidents. What the hell was Divine thinking??

Upnorth
05-02-2012, 10:29 AM
So smeefers puts all the work into making a poll and all you jerks do is dis it. If you want more choice start your own poll! As a side benefit you then get to vote on more polls with no scientific merit, there by protecting democracy from the communists!

Guiness
05-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Worst Packer person?

Jesus H! Where did you dig up that nugget???

swede
05-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I felt a lot better about being a Packer fan 30 seconds ago, before I clicked on that link. Holy shit, this may be the sickest person ever listed on any NFL roster. From the wiki link provided: "after a dozen "flashing" incidents called unwelcome attention to Randy, the Packers gave up and sent him home." A dozen? This guy must have had Hall of Fame talent for someone to stick with him after the first eleven "flashing" incidents. What the hell was Divine thinking??

This proves wrong the naysayers who thought that Woodfield wouldn't stick it out in Green Bay.

Truly, though, I never heard of the guy, which, given the salaciousness of the criminal details, astounds me. There was a loony weatherman up in Green Bay about the same time. Maybe he was using up all of the gossip oxygen.

MadtownPacker
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Worst Packer person?

Having access to the internet while in prison, Woodfield wrote the following on his MySpace account in 2006: "I'm Randy, I'm 55. I spend the remainder of my days in prison because I have committed a murder along with many other crimes. I once tried out for the Green Bay Packers. The only reason I didn't make it is because the skills I had to offer they didn't need at the time."

Wow, what a crazy SOB. Was he Black?

Smidgeon
05-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Having access to the internet while in prison, Woodfield wrote the following on his MySpace account in 2006: "I'm Randy, I'm 55. I spend the remainder of my days in prison because I have committed a murder along with many other crimes. I once tried out for the Green Bay Packers. The only reason I didn't make it is because the skills I had to offer they didn't need at the time."

I'm pretty sure the I-5 corridor didn't appreciate his skills either... :\

Smeefers
05-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Man... I wish I could vote for Shawn SLocum again.

hoosier
05-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Randy Woodfield:
I once tried out for the Green Bay Packers. The only reason I didn't make it is because the skills I had to offer they didn't need at the time.

hoosier
05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
From now on I am writing Evan Dietrich*Smith with an asterisk because an asterisk looks like an asshole.*

Sometimes Swede thinks he's Kurt Vonnegut.

KYPack
05-02-2012, 08:30 PM

White boy.

He played for the Manitowoc Chiefs (Semi-pro) after the Pack cut him.

A guy I know played with him. He told me several of the Chiefs were looking to fuck him up for thievery and trying to mess with their women. It's too bad he didn't stay in Wisconsin, somebody might've offed him and saved a few women's lives. He's suspected in 44 murders in the PNW.

pbmax
05-02-2012, 08:32 PM
A guy I know played with him. He told me several of the Chiefs were looking to fuck him up for thievery and trying to mess with their women. It's too bad he didn't stay in Wisconsin, somebody might've offed him and saved a few women's lives. He's suspected in 44 murders in the PNW.

You talked me into him. He has my vote.

MJZiggy
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Mine too.

gbgary
05-02-2012, 08:50 PM

Scott Campbell
05-02-2012, 09:13 PM

I might vote for him if Bus Cook was his agent.

woodbuck27
05-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Im with you wood, what a lame thread. hate?? really??

High Five !

Patler
05-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Worst Packer person?

Jesus H! Where did you dig up that nugget???

I read things or hear things and I remember them, sometimes even when I would rather not. Woodfield has been mentioned from time to time over the years in articles about the NFL and crimes.

He is often referred to as a "former Packer", but I'm not sure it is really justified. Yes, they drafted him, but at a time when teams drafted from college rosters and stat lists with little or no personal contact with players picked in the low rounds (I think he was 17th round). It was a lot different than today. The Packers released him during his first training camp, so was he really "a Packer" just because he was in TC, and never made a regular season roster?

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 12:02 AM
I read things or hear things and I remember them, sometimes even when I would rather not. Woodfield has been mentioned from time to time over the years in articles about the NFL and crimes.

He is often referred to as a "former Packer", but I'm not sure it is really justified. Yes, they drafted him, but at a time when teams drafted from college rosters and stat lists with little or no personal contact with players picked in the low rounds (I think he was 17th round). It was a lot different than today. The Packers released him during his first training camp, so was he really "a Packer" just because he was in TC, and never made a regular season roster?

Wait till I get the dits on Randall Woodfield before I advise on our culpability.

OK I'm back with this:

"I'm Randy, I'm 55. I spend the remainder of my days in prison because I have committed a murder along with many other crimes. I once tried out for the Green Bay Packers. The only reason I didn't make it is because the skills I had to offer they didn't need at the time." Fr. LINK below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Woodfield#Early_life

HOLY SHIT !

We drafted him and gave him hope. He worked his tail off in TC and didn't make the final roster. That upset him terribly and set a course for him that making the Packers may have certainly changed.

He signed a TC contract with 'the Packers' and wore our colors in TC.

He was certainly being entertained as a possible Packer and it makes sense that not achieving that hope may have set hin off. I'm just playing with you.This man was well on his way. People were just missing the signs.

What did Dan Devine do to this poor soul is not the question. The question is. Who scouted him and recommended drafting him into our teams organization? Many experts believe that was the greatest draft in any season for any team and in this case it was the Pittsburg Steelers. Read more on that below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_NFL_Draft#Round_seventeen

FIRE that guy !!

'Randy' wasn't Packer people.

George Cumby
05-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Wowsers.

Who knew? (other than Patler, of course)

At least Dan Devine dumped this piece of garbage.

Lurker64
05-03-2012, 12:29 AM
He is often referred to as a "former Packer", but I'm not sure it is really justified.

I would say you have to make an opening day roster for a team in order to count as a former member of that team.

Maybe if you spend a whole year on the practice squad that should count too.

Gunakor
05-03-2012, 04:16 AM
He worked his tail off in TC and didn't make the final roster. That upset him terribly and set a course for him that making the Packers may have certainly changed.

You make it sound like being cut as a professional football player set him on his destructive path. He had shown clear signs of a psychopathic mind well beforehand.

swede
05-03-2012, 06:00 AM
You read that shit when you are thirteen and the world never looks the same, Kilgore.

Fritz
05-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Wow. As far as his flashing, good thing they didn't have camera phones and the internet back then...

And no, if he tried out and didn't flash enough to make the team, he wasn't a Packer...

Smeefers
05-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Wow, this thread took a turn for the disturbing. Why am I this surprised?

Iron Mike
05-03-2012, 07:16 AM
You read that shit when you are thirteen and the world never looks the same, Kilgore.

Then you get some ass and think you're Tom Robbins.

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Wow. As far as his flashing, good thing they didn't have camera phones and the internet back then...

Bert agrees.

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Then why did Ted receive 193 write in votes - each with his name spelled incorrectly?

hoosier
05-03-2012, 08:33 AM

And then when you're old and ready to die, you come around to the conclusion that life is no way to treat an animal.

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 10:54 AM
You make it sound like being cut as a professional football player set him on his destructive path. He had shown clear signs of a psychopathic mind well beforehand.

Your not serious !?? I wasn't.

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM
White boy.

He played for the Manitowoc Chiefs (Semi-pro) after the Pack cut him.

Where I come from he'd of been 'head on a stick'.

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Wow, this thread took a turn for the disturbing. Why am I this surprised?

The seriousness of any topic cannot forgo the relativity factor of the topic 'in extremis'.

denverYooper
05-03-2012, 11:17 AM

So it goes.

swede
05-03-2012, 12:17 PM
And then when you're old and ready to die, you come around to the conclusion that life is no way to treat an animal.

Well-played, epitaph-wise.

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Wait till I get the dits on Randall Woodfield before I advise on our culpability.

He wore number 27, and they called him Buck.

Coincidence?