PDA

View Full Version : Former Viking/Badger Michael Bennett

Harlan Huckleby
05-02-2012, 12:13 AM
http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/crime_and_courts/former-uw-football-player-michael-bennett-arrested-on-id-tax/article_eb7ef5d2-93a1-11e1-8b1e-001a4bcf887a.html

Holy crap. Three NFL players are arrested for the sort of scheme you would expect petty crooks to cook up. They're using faking IDs to file taxes and collect refunds. Bennett was in the NFL for 8 years or something, made all-pro one year, earning starter money most of that time. Now he's pulling high risk scams for a few grand!?

pbmax
05-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Its seems there has been an outbreak of this in South Florida. The newspaper link I saw had related articles to similar cases very recently. I wonder if its a scheme targeted mainly at the elderly?

Fritz
05-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Look what the
Vikings can do to a clean young University of Wisconsin Badger.

Patler
05-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Have a little compassion!
It looks like the poor guy was paid only about $12 million during his NFL career. He has to make a living somehow! :)

Harlan Huckleby
05-02-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't understand how the scheme works, but on the face of it, it sounds like a plan to garner small sums of money, committing a crime with severe punishment, with a very high chance of getting caught.

swede
05-02-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't understand how the scheme works, but on the face of it, it sounds like a plan to garner small sums of money, committing a crime with severe punishment, with a very high chance of getting caught.

BTW, Harlan, you haven't responded to my idea for making money by stealing silverware from the White House. Silver is at 30 dollars an ounce and security is not nearly as tight as they like to think. Just ask the guard to use the restroom when you get close to the kitchen and I'll ask the tour guide dumb questions about Howard Taft while you fill your pants.

Scott Campbell
05-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Just ask the guard to use the restroom when you get close to the kitchen and I'll ask the tour guide dumb questions about Howard Taft while you fill your pants.

Harlan only fills his pants after a trip to White Castle.

swede
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Good morning, Scott.

Scott Campbell
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Good morning, Scott.

Howdy.

MJZiggy
05-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Its seems there has been an outbreak of this in South Florida. The newspaper link I saw had related articles to similar cases very recently. I wonder if its a scheme targeted mainly at the elderly?

It seems Florida is mostly elderly and the criminals who prey on them (and chicks with boob jobs) so take your pick.

Fosco33
05-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I was around Bennett a little during college. Some of his jersey chasers were friends of mine and I had roommates on the team.

Guy is a fricken moron. Literally. Couldn't make the admission process even with the answer book.

Lightening fast but dumber than a box of rocks.

MJZiggy
05-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I was around Bennett a little during college. Some of his jersey chasers were friends of mine and I had roommates on the team.

Guy is a fricken moron. Literally. Couldn't make the admission process even with the answer book.

Lightening fast but dumber than a box of rocks.

Obviously the brains behind the operation then.

George Cumby
05-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Obviously the brains behind the operation then.

Nice.