PDA

View Full Version : Reggie McKenzie Poaches Packer Scout

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120502/PKR01/120502136/Raiders-hire-longtime-Packers-scout-Herock-ESPN-reports?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE (http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120502/PKR01/120502136/Raiders-hire-longtime-Packers-scout-Herock-ESPN-reports?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE)

Herock just finished his 19th season with the Packers and his 11th as the team’s assistant director of college scouting.

Bastard.

Cleft Crusty
05-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Herock just finished his 19th season with the Packers and his 11th as the team’s assistant director of college scouting.

Don't sweat it Mr. Campbell; it's time for the underling to move up; time to modernize. Herock is probably still typing up his scouting reports on his smith-corona.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3477/3234161372_5ccfc2f26a.jpg

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 09:00 AM
I am sweating it a little. You never want to lose too many guys in one year. And if McKenzie was the only poacher, it probably wouldn't be a potential problem. But you've got Schneider in Seattle, and Philbin in Miami that also might do a little poaching. It could add up quickly.

sheepshead
05-03-2012, 09:16 AM
I didnt like this when I saw it either but his lineage is with the Raiders. That one was inevitable.

Fritz
05-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Hire Patler!

Smeefers
05-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Hire Patler!

I second the motion.

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Patler's a multi-talented guy, but Director of College Scouting? I think we can find a better fit for him.

mraynrand
05-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Patler's a multi-talented guy, but Director of College Scouting? I think we can find a better fit for him.

capologist

swede
05-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I've never seen Andrew Brandt and Patler in the same place at the same time.

Fritz
05-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I think Patler's nicer.

But I do think he'd be a goog capologist and fact-checker. Lots of Green Bay sports journalists would get Patlerized.

ND72
05-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I've actually been tempted in my unemployment days here to send my resume to Teddy...I'm a Packer Person!

Bretsky
05-03-2012, 07:28 PM

Nobody can find the next Odell Thurman better than I :)

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Nobody can find the next Odell Thurman better than I :)

Not to worry. Only 27 more years until the statute of limitations runs out on that pick.

Bretsky
05-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Not to worry. Only 27 more years until the statute of limitations runs out on that pick.

Now that does not seem fair
Bankrupcies are only on credit for 7-10 years and that thing sticks with me like a 30 yr mtg :((

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Now that does not seem fair
Bankrupcies are only on credit for 7-10 years and that thing sticks with me like a 30 yr mtg :((

Well bankruptcy isn't nearly as egregious.

Patler
05-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Geeze, I'm gone for a day, and end up with a job, or two!
Same thing happens when you miss a directors' meeting for a charity, Suddenly, you are in charge of something! :-D :-D

KYPack
05-03-2012, 09:43 PM
it's still Wednesday, right?

Fire Slocum and Patler.

MJZiggy
05-03-2012, 09:53 PM
it's still Wednesday, right?

Fire Slocum and Patler.

What time zone are you in? It's been Thursday all day so the only one getting fired today is Mitt's gay press secretary.

Lurker64
05-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I think Patler's nicer.

Also much less of a self-promoter than Andrew Brandt. Brandt was nearly as into himself as Vic Ketchman is.

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Reggie McKenzie is an assertive fella. He's going to really help 'the Raiders'.

Scott Campbell
05-04-2012, 07:47 AM

Stop stalking me.

mraynrand
05-04-2012, 08:01 AM
What time zone are you in? It's been Thursday all day so the only one getting fired today is Mitt's gay press secretary.

i believe he resigned

denverYooper
05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
i believe he resigned

Don't they all?

RashanGary
05-04-2012, 10:38 AM

Agree. I heard quotes where he talked about how the Packers drafted all of these good players and made their come back. Sounds like he thinks he can do the same thing. Sounds like he's confident. Makes we wonder how much he had to do with our success, if he thinks he can repeat it.

I have a feeling he will do well there, and I worry we will be hurt here.

mraynrand
05-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Don't they all?

mostly. this one was a little different though - no pun intended.

Patler
05-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Agree. I heard quotes where he talked about how the Packers drafted all of these good players and made their come back. Sounds like he thinks he can do the same thing. Sounds like he's confident. Makes we wonder how much he had to do with our success, if he thinks he can repeat it.

I have a feeling he will do well there, and I worry we will be hurt here.

I think McKenzie will be missed for sure, but I don't expect him to try and raid the staff as deeply as Holmgren did when he left. I expected he would take one or two for leadership spots in his new front office.

I had hoped the Packers could hold on to McKenzie until TT retires (probably when his current contract ends) and then turn it over to McKenzie. I thought they had a chance, because McKenzie always said he would not leave for just any position, it had to be for a team that would do things the right way. Just a year ago or so, he said if that meant he spent the rest of his career in GB, he was fine with that because he loved it in GB. But, his ties to the Raiders were strong as well, and I am sure the chance to revive their great tradition was very appealing.

I wish him success except in any game against the Packers!

pbmax
05-04-2012, 11:25 AM
I think McKenzie will be missed for sure, but I don't expect him to try and raid the staff as deeply as Holmgren did when he left. I expected he would take one or two for leadership spots in his new front office.

I had hoped the Packers could hold on to McKenzie until TT retires (probably when his current contract ends) and then turn it over to McKenzie. I thought they had a chance, because McKenzie always said he would not leave for just any position, it had to be for a team that would do things the right way. Just a year ago or so, he said if that meant he spent the rest of his career in GB, he was fine with that because he loved it in GB. But, his ties to the Raiders were strong as well, and I am sure the chance to revive their great tradition was very appealing.

I wish him success except in any game against the Packers!

Its obviously a new situation there and anyone could get in Mark Davis' ear (it is Mark Daivs, isn't it?) but the Raiders essentially built themselves as the Packers were built on the football side. If Wolf and Madden are able to hold sway with the new owner, he will get a decent term to make it work. Outside of draft picks, he is setup about as well as you can for a new guy.