PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Suggs Possibly Out For Year

Joemailman
05-03-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Suggs-tears-Achilles-tendon-in-workout.html

Tore achilles tendon in workout. He says it is a partial tear and he has not given up on playing this year. Still a really tough break for the Ravens.

Scott Campbell
05-03-2012, 04:53 PM
It just got a little easier to win the AFC.

Brandon494
05-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Good thing they drafted Upshaw.

Upnorth
05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
I hope the man heals well, he was a machine for the ravens the last couple of years. Who wants to bet that Ray Lewis game drops of this year?

MJZiggy
05-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I hope the man heals well, he was a machine for the ravens the last couple of years. Who wants to bet that Ray Lewis game drops of this year?

They've been saying that about Ray for years. I know one year they will be right, but I'm going to have to see that one before I'm willing to predict it...

Joemailman
05-03-2012, 09:23 PM
I think Lewis' play is more affected by the effectiveness of the D-Linemen playing in front of him. I though he was starting to tail off several years ago until they drafted Ngata. He needs someone to absorb blockers so he can run to the ball.

swede
05-03-2012, 09:56 PM
I think Lewis' play is more affected by the effectiveness of the D-Linemen playing in front of him. I though he was starting to tail off several years ago until they drafted Ngata. He needs someone to absorb blockers so he can run to the ball.

Hawk sucks!

woodbuck27
05-03-2012, 11:54 PM
That news helps secure Ray Lewis. Besides he'll mentor Courtney Upshaw.

Yes we'll one day see RL's play decline but that's to be expected.

smuggler
05-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Ray Ray is decent now but not great. Far from elite. At this point, each season is a battle against time and the proposition that the Ravens may be better suited to run with youth than let Ray keep his roster spot, much like our conversations about Driver have shifted in that direction.

Kiwon
05-04-2012, 05:34 AM
So what's the straight poop? Did he tear it playing B-Ball or "training"?

One's kosher with his contract and one's not.

Tony Oday
05-04-2012, 06:41 AM
The 3-4 is supposed to have a DL that can absorb blockers.

Sounds like he did it on a Ravens testing drill.

Pugger
05-04-2012, 09:32 AM

Most LBers look better when their front lines are playing well.

pbmax
05-04-2012, 11:54 AM
So what's the straight poop? Did he tear it playing B-Ball or "training"?

One's kosher with his contract and one's not.

Not all contracts and not all teams. Some want them doing something beside playing X Box.

Kiwon
05-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Not all contracts and not all teams. Some want them doing something beside playing X Box.

I know, but I thought I read that his does and the first headlines said 'Basketball.' He took to Twitter to say "Training."

Just wondering.......

Brandon494
05-05-2012, 01:56 PM
When ballin so hard goes wrong

Cheesehead Craig
05-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Ray Ray is decent now but not great. Far from elite. At this point, each season is a battle against time and the proposition that the Ravens may be better suited to run with youth than let Ray keep his roster spot, much like our conversations about Driver have shifted in that direction.

I still think he's better than decent even at 37. If the Ravens got rid of him they would be fools at this point. He contributes far more to the Ravens than Driver does to the Pack.

pbmax
05-05-2012, 03:08 PM
I know, but I thought I read that his does and the first headlines said 'Basketball.' He took to Twitter to say "Training."

Just wondering.......

You could be right and the reason he was protesting is because he is restricted. But I heard from some pro player on the radio that one HC actually wanted them playing ball or something in the offseason. Just not skiing or snowboarding.

smuggler
05-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I still think he's better than decent even at 37. If the Ravens got rid of him they would be fools at this point. He contributes far more to the Ravens than Driver does to the Pack.

He's got the savvy and the tackling ability. That stuff doesn't go away. His quickness, his speed aren't those of his backups, but as others have said, Ngata allows him to play at a high level.

Regardless, he's only got a year or two left, so basically, as soon as they slip from contention, he's out on his butt.

woodbuck27
06-06-2012, 11:43 AM

Just wondering.......

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7GcJ?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

NFP»News»Hot News and Rumors

New report suggests Suggs hurt playing hoops

Ravens star said he partially tore Achilles during conditioning drill.

By:Terry McCormick

" When Baltimore Ravens star Terrell Suggs suffered a partial tear of his Achilles tendon, some initial reports said the injury occurred while playing basketball.

Suggs and his representatives later said the injury occurred during conditioning drills. Now, a new source tells ESPN.com that Suggs was playing basketball when he suffered the injury.

"He got hurt Sunday prior to the (basketball tournament) championship game," said Herman (Sonny) Hoffman, who is director of the Akchin Gymnasium in Maricopa, Ariz., where the tournament Suggs allegedly played in on April 29 was held. " Fr. LINK