PDA

View Full Version : Best Comedy Movie of the Bush Years

Harlan Huckleby
05-07-2012, 01:16 AM
There is no "other" option because this is all of them

Zool
05-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Further proof how the movie industry is going to shit.

swede
05-07-2012, 02:36 PM
I'll tell you why I voted for School of Rock. From concept to writing it was horrible.

I admire Jack Black for dragging a corpse of a movie the entire 100 minutes.

Brando19
05-07-2012, 07:05 PM
This list sucks balls. Bridget Jones' Diary? WTF?!? Now...are we talking about George W Bush or SR? Because if it's GB senior...National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is it. If it's GWB...then Meet The Parents should be on the list along with You, Me and Dupree. I'd vote Napoleon Dynamite on this list...but School of Rock? Who ever laughed at that movie?

Harlan Huckleby
05-07-2012, 07:23 PM
"Meet the Parents" had some funny moments. But I liked Robert De Nero in "Analyze This" with Billy Crystal better.

"School of Rock" is lame, I was trying to think of a Jack Black movie. Should have gone with "High Fidelity"

MadtownPacker
05-07-2012, 07:57 PM
How could you forget?

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/352488.1020.A.jpg

George Cumby
05-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Borat.

Brando19
05-07-2012, 09:05 PM
"Meet the Parents" had some funny moments. But I liked Robert De Nero in "Analyze This" with Billy Crystal better.

"School of Rock" is lame, I was trying to think of a Jack Black movie. Should have gone with "High Fidelity"

Agreed...High Fidelity was a good one. Nice thread, though...great idea.

Iron Mike
05-07-2012, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8

Harlan Huckleby
05-07-2012, 09:51 PM
How could you forget?

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/352488.1020.A.jpg

I didn't forget. I just didn't want to mention, lest you think I still care.
I threw the mask & tights away.

woodbuck27
05-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Comedy today in movies is not happening. Comedy period will be dead untill we see a British or Canadian / American content comeback; as the last generation is certainly lacking in decent cemedic material as the fricken world turns to shit. All the younger generation seems to want today is sex,drugs and alcohol...to RAVE it every fricken' weekend to not give a damn and yes there are some exceptional young people that will step up and at least try to save your country from sinking like a rock salted with lead. I'll inform you thatid the silly politicians don't get serious the great USof A his going for the longest SHIT and it's coming on really fast. The scary part our economy is so fricken dependent on your silly ass politicians behaviours. Besides that Americans love to be in Canada and own land here and learn to be social with Canucks. I admire that as a primary objective and we are a compassionate people.

So you list Harlan. So many sad choices.

Go down that fricken list and all hail what? Damn ....when one of the best is Shrek and IMO not even likely as a comedy choice how pathetic have we become? We used to call that a cartoon. Have people become too ugly for comedy. Too SCARY !?

It's been so sad that... BORAT IS AN OBVIOUS CHOICE.

The surprizingly co-written by Owen Wilson ' The ROYAL Tenenbaums' was decent.

I say bring back slapstick.Jerry Lewis was solid with Dene martin.I loved the Bowrey Boys and Lucille Ball and Red Skelton.

Check out the rating on this one.This is what comedy is all about folks:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072500/

Hail to John Cleese and Faulty Towers. A screemer of laughs. His 'Carry On Gang' movies were decent as well. Bring back the old Jim Carey ...Jim ! Who can step into the shoes of John Candy and Steve Martin ala Planes, Trains and Automobiles?

The Hangover 'ONE' was very funny but when do we see the next 'Weekend At Barneys'? That came out in 1989 and gets just a 6/10 rating but screw that BS ...that movie Rocked ! Very funny !

In your list I'll go with Borat (1) and The Royal Tenenbaums (2). Ghhhheeeeesssh !

sooner6600
05-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Ballykissangle had its moments.