PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico Dragons

Pages : 1 [2]

Bretsky
05-16-2006, 11:12 PM
The New Mexico Dragons are proud to announce the signing of several undrafted Free Agents that will have some solid opportunities to add youth and talent to our roster.

With the outstanding offseason and draft, the Dragons are looking at rewarding their fans with an instant winning tradition and focused on signing players from proven programs who are hungry to take the next step into the NFL.

The Dragsons have signed the following undrafted rookies to minimal contracts

MATT BERNSTEIN, the Brusing Fullback from the UW Madison
BRETT BASANEZ, a promising QB from Northwestern
TIM DAY, TE from Oregon
ADAM STENAVICH, OG from Michigan
MIKE KUDLA- DE from Ohio State
FREDDIE ROACH- LB from Alabama
SCOTT WARE- S USC
ANWAR PHILIPS-CB Penn State
DONAVAN RAIOLA- C from UW Wisconsin
MIKE BELL- RB from Arizone

Bretsky
05-16-2006, 11:19 PM
On a sidenote, the Dragsons have cut OG Lonnie Friedman and signed FA Punter Kevin Stemke to a minumum wage deal with no signing bonus.

Rumors are they are auditioning a number of kickers to compete with Ryan Longwell.

HarveyWallbangers
05-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Bump

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Coach Harvey released this statement about the shape of the roster after the Dragon's minicamp this weekend.

QB

We believe Daunte Culpepper has a legitimate chance at being ready in week one. If not, we've protected ourselves with the acquisition of Brian Griese. Griese worked hard this offseason learning the playbook, and we were impressed with his knowledge of the system. Brett Basanez wasn't just a body that we picked up. We feel he has a legitimite shot at making the roster. We're also excited about Reggie McNeal. We are going to give him a shot at winning a roster spot at quarterback, but he also has the athleticism to play running back or wide receiver.

RB

Reggie Bush tweaked his hamstring, but he looks the real deal. He should give us a dynamic playmaker in the backfield that we can spread out wide. We'll use him in a lot of different ways to create mismatches. At this time, we also plan to utilize him in the return game. We anticipate that Thomas Jones will share the workload at RB. Najeh Davenport didn't participate at this camp, but should be ready at some point during training camp. There's going to be a real battle between Davenport, Jerome Harrison, and the rookie free agent we picked up, Mike Bell. We were impressed with Bell. Harrison looks like he has a future in the NFL as a third down back at worst.

FB

William Henderson and Jim Kleinsasser give us two great, veteran fullbacks, but Matt Bernstein really opened our eyes. Kleinsasser gives us the flexibility to use him at TE if Bernstein continues to progress.

WR

So far, Terrell Owens and Charles Rogers have been model citizens. I know they had problems with their former teams, but they are getting a fresh start here. Demetrius Williams really stood out in our receiver drills. We're excited about his future. Reche Caldwell is a real pro, and we anticipate him being a good subpackage receiver. Hank Baskett is a big kid who we liked on draft day. He's going to learn study hard to learn the playbook though. We are loaded at receiver, so to have a shot at making the roster, he's going to have to study harder.

TE

Eric Johnson appears to be recovered from his injury. Leonard Pope should give us a good red zone threat early. We're hoping he learns the offense quickly, so we can use two tight end sets a lot this season. Tim Day was a nice pickup by our personnel department. We are going to have tough decisions to make at tight end.

OT

Jon Runyan is a true professional, and he came into camp in great shape. We like the athleticism of L.J. Shelton, but he hurt his ankle on the first day. We'll see how that report comes out. We like what we saw of Zach Strief. We feel he can push our backups, John St. Clair and Ephraim Salaam, for a roster spot. Those guys are going to have to come to training camp ready to earn a roster spot.

OG

Right now, Rick DeMulling and Chris Liwienski have the inside track at the starting guard spots, but Fred Matua really has the athleticism we look for at guard. Adam Stenavich looks like a hard-nosed kid, but he needs to show improvement with his footwork if he's going to make it in this offense.

OC

Matt Birk is healthy. His hernia is something he'll have to deal with this year, but we are encouraged right now. We're really excited about Greg Eslinger. It should be a good battle between him an Russ Hochstein as the backup center.

DE

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila had an excused absence from this camp. Greg Ellis is a solid professional. He really looks motivated. He should give us a solid LE. Brett Keisel was really impressive. We think he has a good shot at getting a lot of snaps at DE--rotating with Ellis and KGB. It should be an interesting battle at the backup positions between Dwan Edwards, Julian Jenkins, and Mike Kudla. Kudla is a strong kid with pretty good athleticism. We were surprised he didn't get drafted.

DT

We really liked the work ethic of Rocky Bernard and Ryan Pickett. We think they make a good combination inside. Hollis Thomas is a great leader out there. Johnathan Sullivan has intriguing potential, and we are working with him to improve his consistency.

LB

The coaches are still deciding on the best three linebackers to put out there. Will Witherspoon and David Thornton will start. It should come down to a battle between Ben Taylor and Dexter Coakley. If Coakley ends up being one of our three best linebackers, then we'll start him at MLB, Witherspoon at WLB, and Thornton at SLB. If Taylor wins a starting spot, then we'll start him at SLB and move Witherspoon to MLB. Shawn Barber got nicked up at this camp, so we don't know what we have there yet. We anticipate Isaiah Kacyvenski giving us great special teams play. Spencer Havner and Freddie Roach also caught our eye. They could battle for a roster spot.

CB

We really like what we saw out of corners. Charles Woodson is in fantastic shape. Sam Madison and Andre Dyson should give us great corner play. Ashton Youbouty was everything we thought he would be. Allen Rossum has the inside track as a backup corner and returner, but Anwar Phillips flashed some ability.

S

We don't know how this will shake out. Lawyer Milloy has one starting spot. Mike Green and Brian Russell are solid professionals. Bryan Scott has a lot of ability, but he'll need to show us that he'll do what it takes to be a starter on this team. He definitely has the potential to start. We were really impressed with Daniel Bullocks. It's just a matter of how long it takes him to learn the defense. Scott Ware made some plays also. We really like the depth we have here.

ST

We are looking to bring in a camp leg to help alleviate the stress on Ryan Longwell's leg. Kevin Stemke was inconsistent, but Jason Baker also needs to improve his consistency. Right now, Baker has the inside track at punter. Russ Hochstein has the inside track at the long snapper job, but he has to win a roster spot as a backup interior linemen. We won't carry somebody just to long snap. He has to show the ability to be a solid backup linemen also. Rossum didn't disappoint in the return game.

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2006, 08:23 AM
One of the goals of the Dragons is to keep the fans as well-informed as possible. Thus, I'm releasing the current depth chart after one minicamp and two OTAs.

QB Daunte Culpepper, Brian Griese, Reggie McNeal, Brett Basanez
RB Thomas Jones, Reggie Bush, Najeh Davenport, Mike Bell, Jerome Harrison
FB William Henderson, Jim Kleinsasser, Matt Bernstein
WR Terrell Owens, Reche Caldwell, Hank Baskett
WR Isaac Bruce, Charles Rogers, Demetrius Williams
TE Eric Johnson, Brandon Manumaleuna, Leonard Pope, Tim Day
LT L.J. Shelton, John St. Clair
LG Chris Liwienski, Adam Stenavich
C Matt Birk, Greg Eslinger, Russ Hochstein
RG Rick DeMulling, Fred Matua
RT Jon Runyan, Zach Strief, Ephraim Salaam
LE Greg Ellis, Mike Kudla, Julian Jenkins
LT Ryan Pickett, Hollis Thomas, Johnathan Sullivan
RT Rocky Bernard, Dwan Edwards
RE Brett Keisel, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
WLB David Thornton, Shawn Barber, Isaiah Kacyvenski
MLB Will Witherspoon, Dexter Coakley, Freddie Roach
SLB Ben Taylor, Spencer Havner
LCB Sam Madison, Andre Dyson, Anwar Phillips
RCB Charles Woodson, Ashton Youbouty, Allen Rossum
SS Lawyer Milloy, Bryan Scott, Scott Ware
FS Daniel Bullocks, Mike Green, Brian Russell
K Ryan Longwell
P Jason Baker, Kevin Stemke
KR Reggie Bush, Allen Rossum, Najeh Davenport, Jerome Harrison
PR Allen Rossum, Reggie Bush, Charles Woodson
LS Russ Hochstein, Greg Eslinger

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2006, 08:24 AM
The coach will be answering questions regarding the team, so post a question and I'll answer as soon as I can.

Badgepack
06-07-2006, 08:32 AM
The coach will be answering questions regarding the team, so post a question and I'll answer as soon as I can.

How has my buddy Hank Baskett been doing thus far?

MJZiggy
06-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Nice job coach. What's our attendance been like at these camps? (that seems to be the focus of the week this week)

Bretsky
06-07-2006, 09:00 AM
To ease the burden on Ryan Longwell's leg, The Dragons GM has signed former WI Badger Kicker Rich Thompson to a Contract for Minimal Wage. Nicknamed Money at the UW Wisconsin, Thompson was known for his accuracy and strong leg. Rumor has it the OC ran into Thompson working with Roell Preston at a Gas Station.

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2006, 09:36 AM

How has my buddy Hank Baskett been doing thus far?

We've liked some of the things we've seen from Baskett. He's a big kid with adequate speed. He needs to improve his route running and quickness if he's stick in the pros. Should be an interesting battle between him and Demetrius Williams. Right now, Williams has the edge. We may carry six wideouts if Baskett shows us enough to keep him.

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Nice job coach. What's our attendance been like at these camps? (that seems to be the focus of the week this week)

Attendance has been pretty solid. We had near perfect attendance for the required minicamp. As you know, the OTAs are voluntary. I wasn't able to get the schedules out as early as other teams, so there were some scheduling conflicts. Charles Woodson missed the OTAs. Apparently, he was on vacation in Europe. Thomas Jones and Charles Rogers missed the first few days of OTAs, but they are in now. I don't really like it when a player chooses to miss a chance to improve, but there's really not much that can be done. I'll continue to stress the importance of every practice. We've had good communication in regards to the scheduling conflicts, so I'm pleased about that.

MJZiggy
08-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey Coach!! Wassup??

Bretsky
08-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey Coach!! Wassup??

AMAZING THAT TED THOMPSON IS TRYING TO TRADE FOR ALL OF THE GUYS HARVEY THINKS WE'LL CUT ON THE OL :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
08-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Nice to know that TT's on the job and working the boards....now about these Dragons...

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2006, 12:23 AM
At this point isn't the person who was going to play these games via Madden supposed to update us on how preseason game one went?

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2006, 03:51 PM
This is Harvey Wallbangers, coach of the Dragons, here to give GM Bretsky an update on the roster. This is my analysis of the roster. It's ultimately up to the GM to determine who should get cut and who should stay.

QB
Keep: Daunte Culpepper, Brian Griese, Reggie McNeal
Cut: Brett Basanez

Culpepper looks healthy, and he should be ready come week one of the regular season. Griese hasn't disappointed as a veteran backup. McNeal has some developmental qualities, and he can also work as a receiver and a punt return in the meantime. I see him as a "Slash" type prospect. Basanez hasn't shown me enough to keep him on the regular roster, but he's a good candidate for the practice squad.

RB
Keep: Thomas Jones, Reggie Bush, Mike Bell, Jerome Harrison
Cut: Najeh Davenport

Jones came into camp disgruntled, but he's a veteran who is a good all around RB. At this point, I'd like to keep Bush in a situational role. The goal is to get him 15-20 touches/game, but not have him be our down in, down out RB. Bell and Harrison have really surprised. Davenport doesn't look fully recovered from his injury, and I don't know if I can trust him to stay healthy.

FB
Keep: William Henderson, Jim Kleinsasser
Cut: Matt Bernstein

Henderson and Kleinsasser are two solid veterans. Bernstein hasn't shown me enough to beat out one of our TEs--where we could move Kleinsasser there.

WR
Keep: Terrell Owens, Isaac Bruce, Hank Baskett, Reche Caldwell, Demetrius Williams, Charles Rogers

Owens hasn't practiced a lot, but we need him come the regular season. Bruce looks recovered from his injury. Baskett has surprised. Caldwell has been okay. Williams has been average, but I like his potential. I'd like to give Rogers a chance this season to show what he has.

TE
Keep: Eric Johnson, Brandon Manumaleuna, Leonard Pope
Cut: Tim Day

Johnson is recovered from his injuries. Manumaleuna is a solid backup. Pope looks like he can help us in the passing game. Day didn't show enough to stick.

OL
Keep: LT Jon Runyan, RT L.J. Shelton, LG Rick DeMulling, RG Chris Liwienski, C Matt Birk, G/C Russ Hochstein, T John St. Clair, C Greg Eslinger, G Fred Matua
Cut: T Zach Strief, T Ephraim Salaam, G Adam Stenavich, C Donovan Raiola

Birk and Runyan have been solid. Shelton, DeMulling, and Liwienski have been a little shaky, but none of the backups are ready to step in as starters. St. Clair can backup up at LT and RT. Matua showed more potential than Stenavich and Raiola. Strief and Raiola could be good candidates for the practice squad. Eslinger is our future C, and Hochstein can backup at all interior positions.

DL
Keep: LE Brett Keisel, RE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, DT Rocky Bernard, DT Ryan Pickett, DE Greg Ellis, DT Hollis Thomas, DT/DE Dwan Edwards, DT Johnathan Sullivan
Cut: DE Mike Kudla, DE Julian Jenkins

Keisel really looks good. Ellis him and KGB. Edwards has shown the ability to backup at both DE and DT. Bernard and Pickett make a good combination at DT. Pickett is a run stuffer. Bernard is a pass rusher. Thomas is a good veteran run stuffer. Kudla and Jenkins didn't show enough to beat out Sullivan. Kudla is a good candidate for the practice squad.

LB
Keep: Will Witherspoon, David Thornton, Ben Taylor, Dexter Coakley, Isaiah Kacyvenski, Spencer Havner
Cut: Shawn Barber, Freddie Roach

Witherspoon and Thornton have looked solid. Taylor has been average, but just a bit better than Coakley. Coakley is the top backup. Kacyvenski is a great special teams player. Havner showed more than Roach--while Barber didn't impress.

DB
Keep: CB Charles Woodson, CB Andre Dyson, CB Sam Madison, CB Ashton Youbouty, RET/CB Allen Rossum, SS Lawyer Milloy, FS Daniel Bullocks, S Mike Green, S Brian Russell, S Bryan Scott
Cut: Anwar Phillips, Scott Ware

Woodson has been up and down. Dyson beat out Madison for a starting gig. Madison is the nickel back. Youbouty flashed good potential. Rossum is our return guy. Milloy and Bullocks are the starters at safety. Green and Russell have looked okay. Scott might be worth keeping. He's been a slight disappointment. Phillips and Ware didn't show enough to stick--although Ware could be a good candidate for the practice squad.

ST
Keep: K Ryan Longwell, P Jason Baker
Cut: K Rich Thompson, P Kevin Stemke

Longwell and Baker have been solid. Hochstein will be the long snapper. Rossum will be the return man--although in big situations we'd like to get Bush the ball.

If we made these roster moves, we'd be a little over $1M under the cap for this year.

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Lets welcome the 1st draft class of the New Mexico Dragons!!!!!

1. Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2A. Daniel Bullocks, S, Nebraska
2B. Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
3A. Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio St
3B. Fred Matua, OG, USC
4A. Demetrius Williams, WR, Oregon
4B. Reggie McNeil, QB, Texas A&M
5A. Jerome Harrison, RB, Washington St
5B. Julian Jenkins, DE, Stanford
6A. Zach Strief, OT, Northwestern
6B. Greg Eslinger, C, Minnesota
7A. Hank Baskett Jr., WR, New Mexico
7B. Spencer Havner, OLB, UCLA

Now Bretsky needs to get to work and sign some of these Rookie free agents!!!

Nice job Nutz. You reeled in some solid players on both sides of the ball.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks, Nutz. (and IM)

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2006, 03:59 PM
1. Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2A. Daniel Bullocks, S, Nebraska
2B. Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
3A. Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio St
3B. Fred Matua, OG, USC
4A. Demetrius Williams, WR, Oregon
4B. Reggie McNeil, QB, Texas A&M
5A. Jerome Harrison, RB, Washington St
5B. Julian Jenkins, DE, Stanford
6A. Zach Strief, OT, Northwestern
6B. Greg Eslinger, C, Minnesota
7A. Hank Baskett Jr., WR, New Mexico
7B. Spencer Havner, OLB, UCLA

Now Bretsky needs to get to work and sign some of these Rookie free agents!!!

Harrison and Baskett were really nice finds. Mike Bell was a nice rookie street FA. Only Jenkins was a major disappointment.

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Now that we have a lot of new members who might not know what the Dragons are all about, you might take a peek at page 1 for a bit of our history, and if anyone is interested in participating in team activities, please let me know as there are still positions to be filled--and some whose occupants have vanished on us.

Deputy Nutz
09-01-2006, 12:55 AM
In all seriousness, what has Jenkins done in preseason? He had a very high upside coming into the draft, why the disappointment. The Head Coach has the Director of College Scouting scratching his head?

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2006, 12:59 AM
In all seriousness, what has Jenkins done in preseason? He had a very high upside coming into the draft, why the disappointment. The Head Coach has the Director of College Scouting scratching his head?

He got cut in the real NFL.
:D

Deputy Nutz
09-01-2006, 01:11 AM

He got cut in the real NFL.

I see, sorry, I was on vacation.

Tarlam!
09-01-2006, 05:24 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

MUCK YOU ALL!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

MJZiggy
09-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Hey!! Our fan's back. Careful what you say, hon, or I'll put you to work.

Tarlam!
09-01-2006, 08:18 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

MUCK - I WOULDN'T WORK IN AN IRON LUNG!! SOUNDS A LOT LIKE THE COACHES AND MANAGEMENT RUNNING THIS "TEAM"!!!! MUCK

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Deputy Nutz
09-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Matua was cut by detroit. I think I might have reached taking him in the 3rd round.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Maybe. Let's see if he gets picked up. I can't wait to find out who our GM (Bretsky) keeps on the roster today. What's it gonna be, B?

Bretsky
09-04-2006, 08:49 AM
The New Mexico Dragons have annouced their final cuts in a press release Sunday. The main shocker was the release of Najeh Davenport, who was beaten out be two first year players. released their 53 man roster and announced the cuts as well. Also of note if four former outstanding players from the University of Wisconsin have been sent packing; rumor has it the Dragons are following in the Green Bay Packers footsteps with their anti Badger Bias. The roster will follow.

The Dragons waived the following players:

QB Brett Basanez
RB Najeh Davenport
Matt Bernstein
TE Tim Day
OL T Zach Strief
T Ephraim Salaam
G Adam Stenavich
C Donovan Raiola
DL Mike Kudla
Julian Jenkins
LB Shawn Barber
Freddie Roach
DB Anwar Phillips
Scott Ware
ST K Rich Thompson
P Kevin Stemke

MJZiggy
09-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Who's going to the practice squad? Perhaps a couple Badgers will find homes there?

Bretsky
09-04-2006, 09:02 AM
The New Mexico Dragons are proud to announce their 2006 roster after making their required cuts.

GM Bretsky noted that the organization was in complete agreement on the final cuts and may be scouring the waiver wire for any possible additions. "I took the coaches evaluations very seriously since his view is most important with what we are trying to accmplish now. Bretsky noted he expects to compete and compete now. "In today's enviroment with free agence, there is no need to rebuild. We're here to win and our fans deserve nothing less."

Here is the roster of the 2006 Dragons

QB
Daunte Culpepper, Brian Griese, Reggie McNeal

RB
Thomas Jones, Reggie Bush, Mike Bell, Jerome Harrison, William Henderson, Jim Kleinsasser

WR
Terrell Owens, Isaac Bruce, Hank Baskett, Reche Caldwell, Demetrius Williams, Charles Rogers

TE
Eric Johnson, Brandon Manumaleuna, Leonard Pope

OT

Jon Runyan, L.J. Shelton, John St. Clair

OG
Rick DeMulling, Chris Liwienski, Russ Hochstein, Fred Matua

OC
Matt Birk, Greg Eslinger

DE
Brett Keisel, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Greg Ellis, Dwan Edwards

DT
Rocky Bernard, Ryan Pickett, Hollis Thomas, Johnathan Sullivan

LB
Will Witherspoon, David Thornton, Ben Taylor, Dexter Coakley, Isaiah Kacyvenski, Spencer Havner

CB
Charles Woodson, Andre Dyson, Sam Madison, Ashton Youbouty, RET/CB Allen Rossum,

S
Lawyer Milloy, Daniel Bullocks, S Mike Green, S Brian Russell, S Bryan Scott

K Ryan Longwell
P Jason Baker

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2006, 10:16 AM
The coach and GM have a great relationship--especially when the GM listens to the coach.

Bretsky
09-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Who's going to the practice squad? Perhaps a couple Badgers will find homes there?

I've already singed Bernstein and will discuss with the coach for the rest. What do you think Harv ?

Any waiver claims you want to make ? I don't see any obvious ones cause we have a pretty solid team here and have utilized the cap pretty well overall.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2006, 11:01 AM
This team doesn't need a practice squad.

Except for Bernstein. We could sign Raiola also. Make it all former Badgers.

Bretsky
09-04-2006, 12:45 PM

You are right; we really don't need a developmental squad. But if we do we might as well make it Badgers. Can we bring Brent Moss back and send him to rehab ?

B

MJZiggy
09-04-2006, 12:47 PM
We do so need a developmental squad. With the age and number of vets on this roster, they will need someone to fill in the gaps in a couple years' time--unless you want to be continually courting guys and handing out large contracts. What happens when all the free agents' contracts are up and they start to bolt to other teams?

Tarlam!
09-04-2006, 12:55 PM

Now, why does that sound familiar?

Oh, yeah "This ship doesn't really need any lifeboats, but if you insist, we'll take a few along as a garnish for the railings"

Cheif Designer, HMS Titanic!

:shock: :shock: :shock: Oh for MUCK'S SAKE" :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bretsky
09-04-2006, 06:09 PM
We do so need a developmental squad. With the age and number of vets on this roster, they will need someone to fill in the gaps in a couple years' time--unless you want to be continually courting guys and handing out large contracts. What happens when all the free agents' contracts are up and they start to bolt to other teams?

Who do you think I am, Ted Thompson ? We'll spend every last frickin penny every year and use our best efforts to put a winning product on the field every year. Players will want to come to the Dragons....but yes I do agree with you and we will have a practice squad in tact. It's good depth in case we have to sit all our starters at the end of the season to rest them for the playoffs :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Little Whiskey
09-04-2006, 11:16 PM
just checking in. looks like this ship is running the right course!!!!

oh by the way un-muck to you too tarlam!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 11:48 PM

http://www.darryl.com/badges/madre7.jpg

We don't need no stinkin' Badgers!!!

BallHawk
09-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Just have one question for you guys. I'll put the game up on Youtube, but how do you want be to film it?

MJZiggy
09-05-2006, 07:50 PM
New Mexico Dragon

Press Release

The New Mexico Dragons are please to announce the addition of BallHawk as our new Director of Game Simulation. BallHawk is excited to be given this opportunity and is already hard at work making sure our inaugural season is the best it can be.

MJZiggy
09-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Just have one question for you guys. I'll put the game up on Youtube, but how do you want be to film it?

However you can get it done (and as small a file as you can reasonably make it.

After reviewing a few of the schedules, Ballhawk and I were thinking of switching from the Saints' schedule to the Panthers to keep a similar feel, play a few Packer enemies and not have to play the Packers themselves. Any objections?

Bretsky
09-05-2006, 09:45 PM

However you can get it done (and as small a file as you can reasonably make it.

After reviewing a few of the schedules, Ballhawk and I were thinking of switching from the Saints' schedule to the Panthers to keep a similar feel, play a few Packer enemies and not have to play the Packers themselves. Any objections?

Oh come on; let's play the Packers ? Would be interesting.

MJZiggy
09-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I don't want divided loyalties. Who do you root for?

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Packers, of course. Oh wait. I'm the coach of the Dragons, aren't I?

Aren't we going to have to play the Packers in the NFC Championship Game?

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 07:28 AM
See what I'm saying? If both the Dragons and the Packers make the playoff games, I will be one happy camper.

In the meantime, I'm kinda likin' the Panthers schedule. What do you think of it? Or can you find a better one?

Tarlam!
09-06-2006, 01:14 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: MUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN ANYBODY ON THIS POOR EXCUSE FOR A FOOTBALL FRANCHISE SHOW ME OUR SCHEDULE!!!!!

MUCK IT, DO THE FANS HAVE TO DO EVEREYTHING AROUND HERE?????

AND WHY IS THE STADIUM BEER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WARM!!!!!

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Remember the instant tappers were your idea. If they don't work perfectly, please see someone in building maintenance or redesign the damned things so they work right. As to the schedule, if you'd like to put your two cents in and actually say something productive, that would be quite helpful.

Tarlam!
09-06-2006, 01:24 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: SO YOU ADMIT IT!!!!!! The fans DO have to do EVERYTHING around this Ballclub!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why don't you try and find 13 teams that have the LEAST number of players that our club has!

Maybe you find 3 with NONE! We play those teams twice = 6 games. Then assess in ascending order the least number of potential clashes. you will need DUH 10 more teams.

YA NEED A TOTAL OF 13 TEAMS!

M U C K !!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Tarlam, in order to play the simulation on Madden, we have to take over the schedule of an existing franchise and retool their team with our players.

Sheesh! Fans. Think they know everything! :roll:

:razz: :mrgreen:

Tarlam!
09-06-2006, 03:55 PM
You're not suggesting this team is only a fantasy team; The stadium I've been sitting in for nigh to 6 months is in my head, and that's NOT warm beer I'm slurping????????

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING MADAM PREZIDENT????????????????

M U C K O M U C K :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BallHawk
09-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Albuquerque, New Mexico(AP)-- The opening season began with cheers from the Dragons' fans, but in the end it was the visiting Falcons team that was cheering. The Atlanta Falcons defeated the New Mexico Dragons, 31-22. The game started well for the Dragons, who thanks to a 57 reception by receiver Terrel Owens. The Dragons drive stalled however, on the Falcons 8 yard line, ending with a dropped pass in the end zone by WR Reche Caldwell.

"I just dropped it", said Caldwell, "I had it in my hands and it just hit the ground.

Longwell hit the field goal afterwards to make it 3-0. The Falcons retaliated with a 43 yd field goal by Paul Edinger. Once again the Dragons had a strong drive, but QB Daunte Culpepper threw a ball into double coverage and Kevin Mathis came down with it. This lead to a 5-yard Justin Griffith TD reception from Michael Vick.

Trouble struck again, when in the opening 2nd quarter drive for the Dragons came to an end, with a Reggie Bush fumble. The next play Michael Vick struck Wide Receiver Michael Jenkins for a 25 yard Touchdown pass.

"I was supposed to run a drag on that play, but I saw Charles(Woodson) hesitate and I just ran the streak, and Mike made a perfect pass."

The Dragons didn't give up, though. Culpepper acted quickly with a 5 play drive, that concluded with a 20 yard Reche Caldwell Touchdown grab. To end the half Longwell hit another chip shot field goal.

The second half started with another field goal from Ryan Longwell, the third field goal from the Red Zone. All of Ryan's field goals were from 29 yards or under.

"We just couldn't move the ball in the Red Zone," said rookie runningback Reggie Bush," We got in there and we just shut down. We need to improve on that if we want to be competitive."

Two consecutive touchdown runs by Warrick Dunn, both for 4 yards, in the 4th quarter, put the game out of reach for the Dragons. Culpepper hit William Henderson for a 19 yard Touchdown, right before the 2 minitute warning, but a missed two-point conversion decided the game right there. The Dragons were unable to recover an onside kick and the Falcons ran the clock out from there.

Here's what coach Harvey Wallbangers had to say,

"We couldn't move the ball in the red zone, and in the clutch we couldn't convert. Our defense didn't get the job done. Warrick Dunn ran all over us, and Michael completed all but two passes. That's unacceptable."

"We need to improve, believe me, there is going to be some extremely tired football players at practice this week."

BallHawk
09-12-2006, 08:03 PM
If you want specific stats from certain players, I'd be happy to do so, but posting all of them is too time consuming, give me a player or several players, and I'll post their stats up.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 08:05 PM
I'd love to see the passing stats and rating.

BallHawk
09-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Here you go, MJ.

D.Culpepper- 15 completions, 26 attempts, 263 yards 2 TD, 2 INT, 57% cmpl. rate, 10.1 average, long pass 57.

M.Vick- 19 completions, 21 attempts, 150 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 90% cmpl. rate, 7.1 avg, long pass 25, 4 rushes, 36 yards.

BallHawk
09-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Greg Ellis had a very strong game, though.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Anyone my GM should consider firing?

HarveyWallbangers
09-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Michael Vick went 19 for 21 throwing the ball. Benching the entire secondary is a serious consideration.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 10:14 PM
You're the coach...

Bretsky
09-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Michael Vick went 19 for 21 throwing the ball. Benching the entire secondary is a serious consideration.

I think you did a pretty good job considering you prepared for the Browns the entire offseason and with the last minute schedule changes you had to scrap your game plan and create another.

BallHawk
09-13-2006, 07:06 AM
Your teams biggest problem was converting in the redzone. You had 4 attempts that ended in a field goal, and one the ended in an interception. Thomas Jones got the start, but neither he, nor Bush, looked impressive. One good note, though, was that Culpepper was never sacked.

Tarlam!
09-13-2006, 12:35 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: I AM SICK OF LOSING!!!!!!!!! IF I WANT MASOCHISM, I'LL BECOME A GREEN BAY PACKERS FAN!!!!!!!

TH ENTIRE FRONT AND BACK OFFICE SHOULD RESIGN!!!!! THE ONLY ONE WHO SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING IS THE KID WITH THE KEYBOARD!!!!!!

M U C K!!!!! RED ZONE!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Deputy Nutz
09-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Well I went to the Ohio St vs Texas game on Saturday night and saw some pretty impressive players. First off, Texas is only as experienced as their QB and that really hurts them against a team of the caliber of Ohio St. Let me tell ya, he may be short but Troy Smith has a great understanding of the offense, and I think he has the throwing mechanics of a NFL caliber QB. He has the arm strength to make that tough throw to the sideline, and he is calm in the pocket. He looks over all his options and didn't force the ball to anyone of his receivers.

When watching Ohio St. play it is hard not to notice a player like Ted Ginn Jr. He is like watching a top notch race horse run against clydesdales. He is swift and smooth, not to mention fast as hell and boy for a guy that hasn't really learned the WR position he sure can catch the ball, especially on his TD catch. It was a total over the shoulder catch never breaking stride on the ball.

I also took notice of several Texas players, Justin Blalock is a road grader at guard, and Lemus Swede seemed to disappear under the coverage of the Ohio St secondary.

Michael Griffin was asked to play over the top coverage on Ginn all night long, but Griffin's biggest impact was playing in the box most of the night when he wasn't in double coverage verse Ginn.

BallHawk
09-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Dragons are in Minnesota next week. Brad Johnson is questionable with a high ankle sprain and so is Chester Taylor with a mild concussion.

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Coach, is there a game plan?

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Other than our West Coast offense with zone blocking scheme on offense and our Jim Bates 4-3 cover 2 philosophy on defense?

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 09:30 PM
I meant perhaps specific game day instructions. :oops:
Will you go after them agressively? Anything specific you want done to contain Bush? Anything you wanna do to exploit their defense? Any of their players you wanna go after? Stuff like that...

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2006, 09:43 PM
We keep that in house.

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, at least pm it to the Dir. of Gaming so he knows how you want it done. (if it's doable...is it doable?)

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Not really. Don't have time for it. Maybe the offensive and defensive coordinators should get involved. That's why we are paying them the big bucks.

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Good idea. Guys?

IM? Charles?

BallHawk
09-14-2006, 02:04 PM
If somebody has forgotten about this, I could step in, if neccesary.

Tarlam!
09-15-2006, 01:56 PM
We keep that in house.

WE HAVE A HOUSE????!!! THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!

NOW, IF ONLY WE HAD A PLAN TO KEEP IN IT, ALL WOULD BE WELL!!!!

M U C K !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BallHawk
09-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Minneapolis, Minnestoa(AP)-- Smiles and high fives were all around the Dragons locker room. Yes, the Dragons have got their first win of the season, with an amazing defensive performance, a 17-10 win over the Minnesota Vikings. Both teams went into the game winless, and with questions at Quarterback. Dragons QB, Daunte Culpepper, was coming off a poor performence last week in a loss to the Falcons. The Vikings, however, weren't sure if they were going to have Veteran QB, Brad Johnson for the game, who was questionable with a high ankle sprain. In the end, Johnson sat, and from there the Vikings QB problems began.

The Vikins received first, and on the first play of game, backup Quarterback, Tarvaris Jackson, threw a short ball to Troy Williamson, which was undercut and intercepted by Cornerback Andre Dyson. Culpepper took oppurtunity of the turnover, and after a sack by Pat Williams, threw a perfect lob to star WR, Terrell Owens for a 30 yard Touchdown reception.

"I have to say," said Owens, "When Daunte is on his game, he is one of the best in the league. Antoine(Williams) had tight coverage on me, and Daunte placed where only I can get it. Just a great pass."

On the next possesion for the Vikings, it was, once again, Andre Dyson, intercepting a McMahon pass in the endzone.

A 55 yard screen to Isaac Bruce set up a Ryan Longwell field goal.

"I'm getting old, man," Bruce said jokingly of the screen play, "I juked out one or two guys and started running. When I was tackled I was panting like a dog. Reggie(Bush) was laughing at me when I got back to the huddle. I told him in 10 years he'll be feeling the same thing."

The third quarter was quiet until the final minute, when Tarvaris Jackson threw an interception, to guess who, Andre Dyson, his third on the day. He returned it to the Vikings 15, where Daunte Culpepper threw a wobbly pass, that was tipped in the air, but caught by rookie Tight End, Leonard Pope for a Touchdown.

"It feels great," said Pope of the touchdown, "I dreamed about doing this as a kid, and when I caught that pass and the referee put his hands up to signal the Touchdown, I was just speechless. That ball's going straight up on my trophy case."

The Vikings scored a 4th quarter field goal, and a 22 yard Touchdown run by Chester Taylor, put the Vikings within 7. And when Thomas Jones fumbled a handoff on his own 20, it looked like the Dragons might of been headed to overtime.

With a little under 1:00 on the clock and the ball on the 8 yard line, Jackson had the Vkings poised to score. But in crucial times, a leader needs to step up, and one did.

Jackson threw to an open Travis Taylor in the left corner of the endzone, and it looked that the Vikings would complete the pass. But, out of nowhere came Defensive Superman, Andre Dyson, who leapt into the air and made a fingertip grab, for his fourth interception of the day. It tied Dyson with 19 other players for most interceptions in a game.

"I'm still a bit shocked. One is good, two is great, three is extraordinary, but four is unreal. Coach gave me the gameball in the locker room, and I'm really honored by that. Of course, I couldn't of done it without my teammates, they put the pressure there on a couple of those picks."

From there Culpepper took two kneel downs and the game was over.

"It's a great win," says coach Harvery Wallbangers, "We needed this, it is really a blow to your team to start 0-2, and we avoided that. We need to improve our running game, though. Bush and Thomas only combined for 55 yards on 18 attempts, we need to get our running game going. It's crucial to our success as a team."

"All in all, I'm very happy with the performance our team put forth today. We went into a very tough atmosphere, against a competitive football team, and we got the win, and that's what matters."

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 03:54 PM
You guys want BallHawk to run the next game or not.

Bretsky
09-27-2006, 05:27 PM
You guys want BallHawk to run the next game or not.

Of course we do

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 05:33 PM
There ya have it, Let 'er rip. I guess our FANS and staff have simply been too quiet...

I think this game is highly winnable and thank God we decided to not do this FF style.

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 04:21 AM
WHY DO WE CHOOSE TO KEEP OUR WINS A SECRET???????

M U C K SPELLS:::::::::::::::::::::::: :shock: :shock: :shock: MUCK :shock: :shock: :shock:

WHAT IS THE TEAM DOING TO BEAT OUR NEXT OPPONENT???? WHO IS OUR NEXT OPPONENT????? WHY IS MY BEER COMING OUT OF MY NOSTRILS?????

BallHawk
10-01-2006, 07:45 AM
I'm just gonna do both game reports at the same time today. Expect both reports by 2:00, at the latest.

Bretsky
10-01-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm just gonna do both game reports at the same time today. Expect both reports by 2:00, at the latest.

Hey Hawk,

Just wanted to say it's great that you are doing this for us.

B

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 09:08 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: MUCK!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

YOU PEOPLE ARE LUCKY THAT KID IS ON THIS TEAM!!!!!

THE REST OF YOU WOULD'T WORK IN AN IRON LUNG!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: MUCK!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

MJZiggy
10-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Would you get back to your seats in the Dragon's Lair please. How the hell is Culpepper supposed to win a double header if the fans are in here complaining to management. They need you in the stands!!!

justanotherpackfan
10-01-2006, 11:01 AM
What are the New Mexico Dragons?

MJZiggy
10-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Gladly. I was wanting to do a summary anyway.

We decided in our intense offseason boredom to see how we would run our own expansion franchise. I am President, Bretsky is GM, LEWCWA is assisting him, etc. (we'll have to make sure everyone's here) and we assembled a staff (which still has some openings by the way) decided to track our progress by using a Madden simulation (do we have someone to run that damned thing yet?), did an expansion draft and are just finishing up free agency and are preparing for our first draft. I think that sums up all 130 pages of it.

Something we've been working on for a while now...

It's weird quoting yourself.

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 12:34 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: MUCK :shock: :shock: :shock:

NOT THAT YOU'D KNOW; THE TEAM IS THE FANS AND THE FANS ARE THE TEAM.

WHY IS BEER COMING OUTTA MY NOSTRILS???

MJZiggy
10-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Would someone PLEASE get this man a tissue.

BallHawk
10-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Sorry guys, but I gotta go up to Ft.Myers with my Mom to visit one of her friends. Why I need to go, I don't know.

The game summary for the Dragons will be up by the end of the day, I can assure you of that.

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 12:49 PM

Sorry guys, but I gotta go up to Ft.Myers with my Mom to visit one of her friends. Why I need to go, I don't know.

The game summary for the Dragons will be up by the end of the day, I can assure you of that.

NOW, THE KID'S MOM IS RUNNING THIS TEAM????

IT JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER!!!!! :crazy:

KYPack
10-02-2006, 09:22 AM

[b][color=green][size=24]NOW, THE KID'S MOM IS RUNNING THIS TEAM????

IT JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER!!!!!

STFU, Tar.

Let the kid's ma run the thing fer awhile. She might know what in the hell she's doin'.

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Shit guys, I really apoligize for the delay. I got back later than expected last night and there just wasn't enough time to run both sims, watch them, and do the game reports. I will really try my hardest to get them up today. Once again, sorry for the delay.

Tarlam!
10-02-2006, 11:33 AM
STFU, Tar.

Let the kid's ma run the thing fer awhile. She might know what in the hell she's doin'.

AT FRIGGIN LAST-WE GET SOMEBODY WHO FINALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING IN MANAGEMENT????

Tarlam!
10-07-2006, 01:56 AM
STFU, Tar.

O.K. What the Hell was the result of the double header????? Why am I always TTHE LAST to know?????

BallHawk
10-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Sorry for not keeping up with the team lately. I will not provide game reports for the games previous to today, but I will post the scores, and I any stats you ask of. So with that, here we go.

Week 3 Bucs@Dragons

Bucs 40
Dragons 28(1-2)

NOTE: Ben Taylor tore his ACL in this game and is out for the year

NOTE: Danute Culpepper had a sprained knee ligament in this game and will be out until week 6 against the Ravens

Week 4 Dragons@Saints

Dragons 31(1-3)
Saints 38

NOTE: Devery Henderson caught the GW 12 yard TD pass with 8 seconds left.

MJZiggy
10-08-2006, 10:51 AM
OUCH!!!

Tarlam!
10-08-2006, 10:54 AM

WE SUCK!!!!!

The Browns just sucked more.

2-4 in this division. That says it all.

BallHawk
10-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Alberquerque, New Mexico-- The lockeroom atmosphere was gloomy, the fans were in dismay, the coaching staff was puzzled.

And that's what made the Dragons win on Sunday so meaninful.

The Dragons needed a win, and they needed it bad. A team predicted to win its division with ease was looking down the barrel of a 1-4 record.

But that was not destined to be. Brian Griese hada superb game and the Dragons defeated the Cleveland Browns 49-24 on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Charlotte.

Browns kicker Phillip Dawson opened the game with a 49 yard field goal. The Dragons then drove the ball to the Browns 4, but on 2nd down Brian Griese fumbled the snap and it was recovered by Browns D-Lineman, Nick Eason.

It looked like it was going to be another one of those days for the Dragons.

Browns QB, Charlie Frye, scrambled for 8 yards and then threw to WR Braylon Edwards for 20. But on 3rd and 2 Dragons Linebacker Dexter Coakley stuffed RB Rueben Droughns and forced a fumble, which was recovered by cornerback Charles Woodson.

The Dragons than ran the ball 8 straight plays, capping it off with a 4 yard TD run by Rookie Runningback Reggie Bush his 3rd of the year.

"It's funny," Bush said of the play, "I thought it was gonna be a play-action and than Brian was going to rollout to the right, so when he put the ball into my hands I was a bit startled. Luckily, Chris(Liwienski) had made a hole, so I just ran through and ended up scoring."

"I'll have to make sure to take him out to dinner sometime," Bush said with a grin.

The Dragons came back with another stop, about a minute before the end of the 1st quarter. Greg Ellis sacked Charlie Frye on 3rd and Goal, forcing the Browns to kick the chip-shot field goal.

The Dragons, with the help from an interception from Dexter Coakley, scored on a 6 yard Touchdown pass to Issac Bruce.

The Browns countered, though, with a 2 yard TD plunge by Droughns, set up by a 76 yard Kick Return by Antonio Perkins.

"Our Special Teams was dissmal," said Coach Harvey Wallbangers,"We need to work on that. Games our sometimes decided by special teams, and in those situations we want to end up winning."

Charlie Frye ran in for the two point conversion, tying the game at 14.

The 3rd Quarter was equal for both teams. Braylon Edwards hauled in a 14 YD Pass for a TD, as did Dragons receiver Reche Caldwell, with a 2 YD TD grab.

The 4th quarter was what set the teams apart.

The Dragons exploded for 4 Touchdowns in the 3rd Quarter. A 2 Yard Run by Thomas Jones, a 32 Yard Catch by Terrel Owens, a 79 yard INT Return by Dexter Coakley, and another TD catch by Owens, this one for 15 yards.

The end result; a blowout win over the Browns.

Brian Griese did amazing, stepping in for the injured Daunte Culpepper. 13 of 19, for 4 TD and 0 INT. This possibly sets up a QB Controversy, with Culpepper playing average this season, and Griese playing very well over the last two games.

"You know, that's for the coaches to decide," said Griese of the situation, "My concern is helping this team win, whether it's from the sidelines or the field, that's my job. Of course I'd rather help from the field, but again, that's not my deceision."

Coach Wallbangers had this to say, "I'll deal with that matter later in the week. Right now I'm just enjoying this win. Our offense looked great today and our defense came up with stops and turnovers in crucial situations. I'm proud of this team. We needed this win, in terms of morale and in terms of the standings."

And thank God they got it.

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 04:57 AM

WE SUCK!!!!!

The Browns just sucked more.

2-4 in this division. That says it all.

MJZiggy
10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Uhhh...Ballhawk?

BallHawk
10-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Shit. why do I always forget about this?

I'll have it up by tonight.

Tarlam!
10-24-2006, 04:07 AM
Shit. why do I always forget about this?

:shock: :shock: :shock: I am not surprised by this. IT'S A TOTALLY FOGETTABLE TEAM.

M U C K . :shock: :shock: :shock:

Little Whiskey
10-24-2006, 11:17 AM
sorry for not keeping the mucker in line. i have been busy recently, and have not kept up too well with the dragons. even though i still have dragon-aid running thru my vaines!! can some one please post the league standings. again i appologize for my absence and lack of time to sift thru 20+pages of thread. thanks again!! your loyal fan, Whiskey.

ps. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BallHawk
12-15-2007, 02:03 PM
So did the Dragons file for bankruptcy or something? :D

MJZiggy
12-15-2007, 02:36 PM
I think the GM lost interest...

Tarlam!
12-15-2007, 04:04 PM
muck.

MJZiggy
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Evidently so did the hostile fan...

Lurker64
12-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Anybody want to explain to me what this is?

MJZiggy
12-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Sure. Eons ago, when we were all still hanging out over at jso, in the dog days of the offseason 2 years ago, there was heated discussion about how much our GM sucked (go figure), so I started a thread to ask what these guys would do if they were GM. After a few ridiculous answers, we decided to see what would happen if we formed our own expansion franchise. So we settled in Albuquerque, called ourselves the Dragons and went through drafting and free agency according to the rules of expansion, and according to the deals the players actually signed, went through camps and the season dealing with the problems, suspensions and injuries as the occurred to the players in real life, keeping the thing as realistic as possible. These 18 pages (along with a ton of pages that went poof into cyberspace and many pre-jso-hacker pages) are the end result. The roster is on page 1 and the staff is posted somewhere near the beginning of the thread.