PDA

View Full Version : Former Vikings WR Cris Carter admits to bounties

woodbuck27
05-10-2012, 10:32 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7907610/cris-carter-formerly-minnesota-vikings-admits-using-bounties

Cris Carter admits to bounties.

Former Minnesota Vikings All-Pro receiver Cris Carter says he put "bounties" on opposing players as a form of protection during his 16-year NFL career.

Carter, currently an ESPN NFL analyst, said Tuesday night on "Hill and Schlereth" on ESPN Radio that he would offer money to teammates to take out players he thought were trying to take him out.

Former NFL WR Cris Carter tells Mike Hill and Mark Schlereth that he put bounties on players like Bill Romanowski to protect himself and Randy Moss among others.

• Appearing on "The Herd with Colin Cowherd," Romanowski denies ever threatening Cris Carter. Romanowski also talks about bounties and changes to the NFL.

• Carter followed Romanowski on "The Herd" and maintains that Romanowski threatened him and he put a bounty on the linebacker in order to protect himself after Romanowski made threatening comments during a game in 2001.

"I'm guilty of (bounties) -- I mean, first time I've ever admitted it -- but I put a bounty on guys before," Carter told show hosts Mike Hill and Mark Schlereth. "I put bounties on guys. If a guy tries to take me out, a guy takes a cheap shot on me? I put a bounty on him right now!"

When asked whether the bounties carried financial incentive, Carter said: "Absolutely."

Please CLICK on LINK for the entire story.

THE GREEN BAY PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks woodbuck27.

Your welcome woodbuck27.

I read this story and... the first thought.

This man does NOT even inagine he'll make the NFL HOF.

Guiness
05-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I tend to think he's just looking for attention and figured this would draw some his way. Romo called him out, said he was talking bullshit and didn't believe it ever happened. As I think Romo is a douche, I'll take his word on this one.

woodbuck27
05-13-2012, 05:28 AM
Hi Guiness:

I just cannot for the life of me figure Chris Carter and this one out.

Give me a gun and Ohh yea! There's my toe.

It seems Chris Carter wants to be and act like Warren Sapp.

By the way I saw Sapp on a one to one discussion with an NFL Network anchorman this week discussing the Saints and former Saints player suspensions.

I thought Warren Sapp seemed rather subdued.

GO PACKERS !

Tony Oday
05-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Oooh look at me! Look! Cmon please!!!

Pete Bersich said it the best. "Hell no I never heard Carter say that, I mean what was he going to do give me more money than what I got fined?"