PDA

View Full Version : By the way, The Vikings will probably get a stadium

3irty1
05-11-2012, 04:53 PM
"After years of dealing and debate, Vikings get their biggest win"

http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/150960525.html

"Ending a decade of turmoil, the Minnesota Senate on Thursday gave final approval to a $975 million Vikings stadium meant to anchor the team in Minneapolis for a generation."

Of course it still has to get through the governor and city council so there is still room for a famous Vikings collapse. It's not expected to be a major obstacle but neither was filling up with gas.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/wbujkm.jpg

Pugger
05-11-2012, 05:21 PM
That signature is too funny!!!! :lol:

Fritz
05-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Well, Zygi's been the owner for a while now, and the Vikings have zero Super Bowls under his watch, so I'm on board with this new stadium crap.

George Cumby
05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
No Light without Dark. No Peace without War. No Good without Evil.

The Packers would suffer without our enemies to the West.

This is as it should be.

pbmax
05-12-2012, 09:59 AM
I am glad Minnesota, even if it was at various points dumb and ugly, did get a significant team contribution. That is as it should be, esp. for a football stadium.

However, the Wilfs are now publicly speculating about a retractable roof, which makes some sense. Except that they might have waited until the thing was fully funded and cleared before hinting they are willing to spend even more money.

red
05-12-2012, 07:26 PM
i'll really like the idea if they do the retractable roof idea. i'll hate it if they build another boring fucking dome

play football outside

Bretsky
05-12-2012, 07:42 PM
i'll really like the idea if they do the retractable roof idea. i'll hate it if they build another boring fucking dome

play football outside

A retractable roof would be smart
Most new stadiums end up hosting a Super Bowl

An outstanding source is predicting a Super Bowl hosted by Minnesota in the next seven years

KYPack
05-12-2012, 08:29 PM
A retractable roof would be smart
Most new stadiums end up hosting a Super Bowl

An outstanding source is predicting a Super Bowl hosted by Minnesota in the next seven years

You'll take in a game or two there, no B-Man?

Bretsky
05-12-2012, 09:04 PM
You'll take in a game or two there, no B-Man?

yup....a good road trip. I was at the Metrodome game talking trash with Vikings fans.........the game where we led all the say and then Terrell Buckley left his man at the end of the game. They got the last laugh on me

RashanGary
05-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Congrats Vikes. . . . . . They're my most hated rival. Like was said above, it's no fun if it doesn't mean much, and the Vikings and Bears do mean much.

woodbuck27
05-13-2012, 05:32 AM
"After years of dealing and debate, Vikings get their biggest win"

http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/150960525.html

"Ending a decade of turmoil, the Minnesota Senate on Thursday gave final approval to a $975 million Vikings stadium meant to anchor the team in Minneapolis for a generation."

Of course it still has to get through the governor and city council so there is still room for a famous Vikings collapse. It's not expected to be a major obstacle but neither was filling up with gas.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/wbujkm.jpg

That video clip...very funny ! Another . . . . . 'FAB FOUR'.

LOL X 10 !

woodbuck27
05-13-2012, 06:34 AM
If that comes to fruition?

That news will certainly help get NFL Roger GOODALL off the Vikings owners backs. What must it be like to be a Minnesota Viking's playe?

All the controversy and focus 'on this and that bad' and this NFL team.

Tony Oday
05-13-2012, 12:52 PM
If the temp is sub fifty and you have a retractable roof it has to be closed per NFL rules. Heard this on KFAN. Reason for the retractable roof is MLS Soccer.

Cheesehead Craig
05-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I have to say, I'm very interested in how this stadium and the surrounding area is going to look. I'll definately be going to a few Packers games there after the initial new stadium fever is done as tix prices are going to be way too insane for the first couple of seasons.

Rastak
05-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Congrats Vikes. . . . . . They're my most hated rival. Like was said above, it's no fun if it doesn't mean much, and the Vikings and Bears do mean much.

True enough. The rivalries is what makes this so much fun. Having the Vikings move to LA and having maybe the Rams go to the NFC North would have sucked.

Plus, my contingency plan sort of sucked. Buying an Urlacher jersey and hanging out at Alary's bar every Sunday wasn't going to be that great.

Rastak
05-13-2012, 04:36 PM
That video clip...very funny ! Another . . . . . 'FAB FOUR'.

LOL X 10 !

Awesome Woody!

MadtownPacker
05-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Awesome Woody!
Awesome that you are back. We all would have hated losing the Purple as much as we hated not having you around.

Harlan Huckleby
05-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Rastak was gone?

Pugger
05-14-2012, 05:49 AM
True enough. The rivalries is what makes this so much fun. Having the Vikings move to LA and having maybe the Rams go to the NFC North would have sucked.

Plus, my contingency plan sort of sucked. Buying an Urlacher jersey and hanging out at Alary's bar every Sunday wasn't going to be that great.

I don't know, a rivalry with the Rams could have begun. The Vikes haven't been around as long as the bares and loins.

woodbuck27
05-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Awesome Woody!

This forum is where to post Rastak. We're going to get the wrinkles out of it without any really dramatic changes. I believe it's about personal attitude and acceptance of one another as simply football fans with knowledge to share with one another using decent manners. Sometimes we won't always agree and that's acceptable in terms of proper debate.

Rastak.I can attest to this as an observer and poster here. You were definitely missed. Packerrats needs you input.

The Vikings had an excellent off season to date. I loved your first two picks in the draft and trading down out of #3. Priceless !

GO PACKERS !

ND72
05-14-2012, 11:40 AM
I was glad the vikes got this done. Making fun of the Bear fans just isn't as enjoyable as Viking fans, and if we lost them, half of my jokes would become voided..

Gunakor
05-14-2012, 11:48 PM
After years of dealing and debate, Vikings get their biggest win

QFT. And perhaps one day they'll earn an even bigger win. It might even happen on a football field. Stay tuned.

Fritz
05-15-2012, 07:55 AM
If the temp is sub fifty and you have a retractable roof it has to be closed per NFL rules. Heard this on KFAN. Reason for the retractable roof is MLS Soccer.

If it's less than fifty you have to close the roof? Per the NFL? That seems dumb.

woodbuck27
05-15-2012, 10:18 AM
If it's less than fifty you have to close the roof? Per the NFL? That seems dumb.

Yes considering that football is played in the Fall/Winter months.

Maybe it's got something to do with a new awareness of Global Warning?

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-15-2012, 11:14 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1182833-vikings-stadium-minnesota-governor-signs-bill-to-build-new-stadium?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Comment woodbuck27: The Vikings 'will certainly now get a new stadium. Our 'Purple andWhite' foe remains in Minny. That's IMO great news.

Vikings Stadium: Minnesota Governor Signs Bill To Build New Stadium.

"Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton has just signed a bill approving an almost $1 billion construction project, according to the Associated Press (h/t USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/vikings/story/2012-05-14/stadium-bill-governor/54957520/1)).

Dayton’s pen has alleviated the fears of many Vikings fans that they would eventually lose their team to a more attractive area, such as Los Angeles, unless a new stadium proposal could make it through legislation." Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27: CONGRATULATIONS to ALL Vikings Fans

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-17-2012, 10:04 AM
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/05/14/vikings-shield-books-in-975m-minn-stadium-deal/

Vikings Shield Books In $975M Minn. Stadium Deal

May 14, 2012 6:24 PM

" The law commits the state and city of Minneapolis to pay a combined $498 million, while the team will bring in $477 million from private sources.

One provision would shield “any financial information” from the team from public eyes. Critics say the blanket protection goes beyond current state law, leaving taxpayers in the dark on one of the state’s biggest public works projects. Minnesota law already allows businesses that get state money to avoid disclosing trade secrets, business plans, tax returns and other financial data." Fr. LINK

Cheesehead Craig
05-17-2012, 11:40 AM
All that's left to do is have the Minneapolis City Council vote to approve the $150M city contribution. The stated positions of the Council are 7-6 in favor and likely not going to change. I think the official vote is in a week or so. But hey, this is MN where we elected a wrestler as governor (which was so awesomely fun) so anything could happen.

Pugger
05-18-2012, 07:17 AM

No, the NFL only gets involved with these decisions in the playoffs.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6757520_nfl-open-closed-roof-stadiums.html

Cheesehead Craig
05-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Well, the final vote was done by the Minneapolis City Council and came in 7-6 in favor of the stadium funding as expected.

The Vikes are staying in MN and thus the NFC North. I actually like that as I think the North is a perfect division.

sheepshead
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Well, the final vote was done by the Minneapolis City Council and came in 7-6 in favor of the stadium funding as expected.

The Vikes are staying in MN and thus the NFC North. I actually like that as I think the North is a perfect division.

Too much history and too many smack downs in front of us. Happy it's done too.