PDA

View Full Version : The conversation with mom

Harlan Huckleby
05-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I always begin with a remark like, "I'm a little rushed today, let's make this quick." Sort of a tradition. How did your well-wishing go? Did you use skype, phone, text or just walk upstairs for some face time?

MJZiggy
05-13-2012, 10:20 AM
I haven't called yet. And I'm pretty sure that the donation card to the National Mall flowers hasn't reached her yet. She'll get a nice surprise on Tuesday which better look a lot better than the email receipt.

HowardRoark
05-13-2012, 12:11 PM
She keeps changing her number and doesn't give me her new one.

Harlan Huckleby
05-13-2012, 01:48 PM
I like to think of this as "our song":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI5aD6m7ub0

From the scrapbook, mom & I sharing a happy moment:
http://assets.inhabitots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/time-cover-photo-537x368.jpg

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2012, 05:48 PM
you're mom is hot

GrnBay007
05-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Hey, not to bring anyone down on this day but dang.......appreciate the time you have with your parents!! I would love to be able to spend the day with my Mom today and can't. Just together in my thoughts! Miss her terribly! She was an amazing woman and I'm too young to be without my Mommy!!! :) God Bless Her!

easy cheesy
05-13-2012, 11:01 PM
My conversation with my "Mom" would be very short and simple. Unfortunately sharing it would send this thread into the GC post haste. How could I live with myself if I did such an awful thing on such a hallowed day as this?

woodbuck27
05-14-2012, 03:40 AM
Hey, not to bring anyone down on this day but dang.......appreciate the time you have with your parents!! I would love to be able to spend the day with my Mom today and can't. Just together in my thoughts! Miss her terribly! She was an amazing woman and I'm too young to be without my Mommy!!! :) God Bless Her!

BIG TIME on the parents. Mine were awesome ! I like the touch that my sweetie came up with yesterday. She changed her profile photo on Facebook to a photo of her Mom's. Her Mother by all accounts like Mae was an amazing woman and I ofte feel her Spirit in Mae's home.

I'm a day late with this so I'll innovate:

GrnBay007: HAPPY Mother's Day Week.

The same to all Mothers at Packerrats.

woodbuck27
05-14-2012, 03:42 AM
She keeps changing her number and doesn't give me her new one.

Ahh !

easy cheesy
05-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Well I guessI put a damper on this thread, unwittingly so, and for that I apologize. My deep seated hatred for my birth “mom” runs deep and rears its ugly head, much like the Kraken, on an annual basis. I hope it shall be expunged one of these days before I take the eternal “big sleep”.

The impending death of my step mom (she had the “pleasure” of raising me through those hellacious years of 13-19, and boy was I a handful so hat’s off to her!) from the big “C”only compounds my emotions.

But, this place ain’t Oprah. (Springer sometimes perhaps J)

That being said, Grnbay007 is correct. Cherish those you still have, the ones that were there for you. Her post was very well put.

Upnorth
05-15-2012, 09:46 AM
I pray your mom's passing is as easy as possible for all those involved Easy.

FWIW we went as a family to visit my mom and had a pinic in the park. Next to the park is a paddling pool that isn't open yet, but my 2 1/2 yr old spent about 3/4 of an hour looking for a key to open the lock. It was a blast.
I bought my wife one of those fancy red counter top mixers. Came with a cook book that had a recipe for Key Lime Pie. I just gave myself a fathers day gift! Score!

woodbuck27
05-15-2012, 07:05 PM
I pray your mom's passing is as easy as possible for all those involved Easy.

FWIW we went as a family to visit my mom and had a pinic in the park. Next to the park is a paddling pool that isn't open yet, but my 2 1/2 yr old spent about 3/4 of an hour looking for a key to open the lock. It was a blast.
I bought my wife one of those fancy red counter top mixers. Came with a cook book that had a recipe for Key Lime Pie. I just gave myself a fathers day gift! Score!

Nice Upnorth.

Protect your Family. Love your Family man.