PDA

View Full Version : Packers' rookie camp in review ... 14 May 2012.

woodbuck27
05-15-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/151395585.html#!page=2&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

Packers' rookie camp in review

By Tyler Dunne (tdunne@journalsentinel.com) of the Journal Sentinel

May 14, 2012 11:39 a.m.

Green Bay --

"It's important to keep perspective with rookie orientation. The Don Hutson Center may have been full this weekend, but there are only eight draft picks, probably four or five realistic contributors and maybe three starters in the bunch. Coaches aren't going to draw any sweeping conclusions from these practices. More than anything, it's a brief first impression. Here's fast food for thought on the first practices of the 2012 season" ** Fr. LINK

** Click on LINK Please.

GO PACKERS !

Fritz
05-15-2012, 07:04 AM
The corner from Illinois State seems intriguing. Guess he was a frosh at Wisconsin, then transferred. I wonder what his story was on that?

pbmax
05-15-2012, 07:16 AM
The corner from Illinois State seems intriguing. Guess he was a frosh at Wisconsin, then transferred. I wonder what his story was on that?

He couldn't dent the 2 deep depth chart and probably was told it wasn't going to get better. Bo might not run off players on scholarship, but I wouldn't put it past Bret.

That said, Bret has developed an antagonistic relationship with players before, so it could have been a clash versus a matter of talent.

Fritz
05-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Hell, even at the end of his career, Bo was lamenting the good ol' days of the seventies, when he could have like 70 players under scholarship and beat Navy 63 - 0 by running the ball on every play but three.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bo ran off guys on scholarship. He wasn't quite the saint that many Blue fans think he was.