PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Carson

HowardRoark
05-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Anybody watch PBS American Masters......Johnny Carson: King of Late Night?

Freak Out
05-15-2012, 12:46 PM
I saw some of it....lots of memories.

Harlan Huckleby
05-15-2012, 02:00 PM
It's on my digital video recorder, but will not hurry to watch it just to respond to some asshole's thread

HowardRoark
05-15-2012, 02:22 PM
It's on my digital video recorder, but will not hurry to watch it just to respond to some asshole's thread

May a queasy camel freshen up your mother's evening bath.

http://needcoffee.cachefly.net/needcoffee/uploads/2010/08/johnny-carson-carnac.jpg

Joemailman
05-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Answer: Sis Boom Bah.
Question: What sound does a sheep make when it explodes?

woodbuck27
05-15-2012, 07:02 PM
There was one episode I loved and the 'special guest was Burt Reynolds' stonewalling Johhny's questions. JC lost it..got really pissed off as I recall.

Was that shown on the SPECIAL?

Harlan Huckleby
05-15-2012, 07:40 PM
I watched the show - because I care.

JC was very talented, to be sure. He had the soothing personality & intelligence.

It's obvious that David Letterman was the natural successor. They share a similar wit and dark side.

Carson was sort-of a horrible human being. But a lot of great people are unbalanced. I shouldn't say horrible, just cold and narcissistic. Yet he certainly should be admired for his charitable work. A very complex person.

HowardRoark
05-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I watched the show - because I care.

JC was very talented, to be sure. He had the soothing personality & intelligence.

It's obvious that David Letterman was the natural successor. They share a similar wit and dark side.

Carson was sort-of a horrible human being. But a lot of great people are unbalanced. I shouldn't say horrible, just cold and narcissistic. Yet he certainly should be admired for his charitable work. A very complex person.

Why was he cold and horrible? I see it as everywhere he went, someone wanted to talk to him........that would get old. I would be cold and horrible too.

HowardRoark
05-15-2012, 11:34 PM
I grew up with Letterman. When he started, I started college; I really like the guy (and still do ).....the problem with him nowadays is that he is too political. I guess it's not a problem if he can do it and still make $20MM/year with a place in St. Barts and Montana to get away from everything.

I just wonder what the 99% think though,

Harlan Huckleby
05-16-2012, 07:13 AM
Why was he cold and horrible? I see it as everywhere he went, someone wanted to talk to him........that would get old. I would be cold and horrible too.
Newsflash: forget the "would be", you are cold and horrible. Speaking of narcissists, lets leave you out of the discussion.

A guy who is unable to have a relationship with his children from two families. A guy who has 3 divorces (really 4) through a lifetime of constant affairs, is narcissistic and incapable of intimacy. My impression is he wasn't really even a friend of Ed McMahon, there was more hate than love there in the end.

I have a friend a little like JC. He's very entertaining, interesting, unique. But he never really trusts anybody. A lone wolf.

woodbuck27
05-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Newsflash: forget the "would be", you are cold and horrible. Speaking of narcissists, lets leave you out of the discussion.

A guy who is unable to have a relationship with his children from two families. A guy who has 3 divorces (really 4) through a lifetime of constant affairs, is narcissistic and incapable of intimacy. My impression is he wasn't really even a friend of Ed McMahon, there was more hate than love there in the end.

I have a friend a little like JC. He's very entertaining, interesting, unique. But he never really trusts anybody. A lone wolf.

Ohh Boy !

""My impression is he wasn't really even a friend of Ed McMahon, there was more hate than love there in the end."' Harlan Huckleby

Read this please:

Reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Carson#Politics

Under Death and Tributes:

" On his final Tonight Show appearance, Carson himself said that while sometimes people who work together for long stretches of time on television don't necessarily like each other, this was not the case with him and McMahon; they were good friends that would have drinks and dinner together, and the camaraderie that they had on the show could not be faked.

Carson and McMahon were friends for forty-six years."Fr. Wikipedia LINK.

So Harlan... when your in the kitchen 'chatting up the gals' communicating with anyone...you can talk more accurately about Mr. Johnny Carson. I'm here to help. (-: