PDA

View Full Version : Ahman Green plots NFL return at age 35

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Says he has at least 5 years left and wants to help the packers win another super bowl. Has this guy lost his mind? Probably, which is why we should sign him to be our third down back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82928d58/article/ahman-green-plots-nfl-return-at-age-35?module=HP11_content_stream

Joemailman
05-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Didn't he have hamstring problems the last time he tried to play football? Great player, but his time is over.

pittstang5
05-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Didn't Tiki Barber try to come back last year. Worked well for him.

King Friday
05-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Ahman Green better go to the doctor...it seems obvious that concussions have scrambled his eggs.

Tony Oday
05-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Bring him to camp...why not?

woodbuck27
05-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Does this really surprizes anyone who's been a longtime sports fan? It's an old story. The fabeled pro that just seems to want to ride the glory into the sunset. To play the game he loves because without it what's his life about that resembles all he has ever wanted. In this case for Ahman Green... to play football.

The linked story says that Ahman spent 2011 with the Montral Alouettes in the CFL. He was signed by the Alouettes to a 2 year contract (Mar.2011) but didn't see one day on the field. He **failed his physical on day one of TC. That was a disappointment for me as I hoped to see him play.

** a hamstring injury.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahman_Green

"On February 7, 2011, the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League announced they signed Green to a tryout contract. On March 9, 2011, it was announced that he had signed a two-year contract with the Alouettes. Ahman Green was released on the first day of training camp on June 5, 2011 after failing his physical." Fr. Wikipedia Link

I hope that Ahman Green is OK. That he has a proper support system in place as somehow this story sends up 'a Red Flag'.

GO PACKERS !

Pugger
05-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Ahman might want to continue playing but there are YOUNGER RBs out there still looking for work (like Grant for one). I can't imagine there are any teams beating down his door clamoring for his services.

woodbuck27
05-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Ahman might want to continue playing but there are YOUNGER RBs out there still looking for work (like Grant for one). I can't imagine there are any teams beating down his door clamoring for his services.

My concern is that he seems to have not accepted that.

Cheesehead Craig
05-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't think there's a chance he gets signed by anyone, even for a TC look.

channtheman
05-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Every offseason we seem to get at least one story about the retired veteran in his mid-late 30's that thinks he somehow still has 5 years left in the tank, even though he couldn't make the CFL or UFL team. Kind of sad.

pittstang5
05-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Just a theory here - But, Ahmen doesn't have a Super Bowl ring, right? Maybe that's what he wants. I think he mentioned in the article or someone mention that he's only interested in playing for Green Bay. Maybe he sees that the Packers are big contenders and wants to hope on the train and this might be his one and only shot.

Maybe?

Smidgeon
05-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Just a theory here - But, Ahmen doesn't have a Super Bowl ring, right? Maybe that's what he wants. I think he mentioned in the article or someone mention that he's only interested in playing for Green Bay. Maybe he sees that the Packers are big contenders and wants to hope on the train and this might be his one and only shot.

Maybe?

He mentioned he'd like to help Rodgers win another Super Bowl and prefers the Packers but not to the exclusion of anyone else. But I think you're dead on. I think he wants a ring and is willing to do anything--including special teams--to do it. Doesn't mean anyone will give him a chance though. He's worn out as an NFL RB.

RashanGary
05-18-2012, 04:39 PM
He's been out of the drug testing policy for a few years. Probably got on a good performance enhancing regimine for a year or two. Look at baseball players. A couple good roid cycles takes 10 years off.

Joemailman
05-18-2012, 06:52 PM
He's been out of the drug testing policy for a few years. Probably got on a good performance enhancing regimine for a year or two. Look at baseball players. A couple good roid cycles takes 10 years off.

Would have to have been only a year since he failed his physical with the Montreal Alouettes last year.

mission
05-18-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm all for bringing him in if he's been on juice for the last two years.

woodbuck27
05-19-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm all for bringing him in if he's been on juice for the last two years.

When I look at the situation we have at the RB position I see a similarity to a basket of potatoes. Was that basket emptied and sterilized before tossing in new one's? If that wasn't done as you add the new to the rotting old. You can 'only' end up with a real stink in that corner.

Adding Ahman Green would be Ted Thompson admitting he didn't have a clue what to do about our RB situation. Ted Thompson will not go there. Ahman Green isn't getting a tryout in Green Bay unless Ted Thompson is grasping at any straw to get us three decent options at RB.

GO PACKERS !

Pugger
05-19-2012, 08:11 AM
My concern is that he seems to have not accepted that.

I hear ya. Sad, isn't it?

Fritz
05-22-2012, 12:27 PM
That really is sad. He's in denial, methinks.