PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Beast Possibly Killed by Car

Jimx29
08-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Maine Mystery Beast Possibly Killed by Car
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif

TURNER, Maine — Residents are wondering if an animal found dead over the weekend may be the mysterious creature that has mauled dogs, frightened residents and been the subject of local legend for half a generation.

The animal was found near power lines along Route 4 on Saturday, apparently struck by a car while chasing a cat.

The carcass was photographed and inspected by several people who live in the area, but nobody is sure exactly what it is.

Michelle O'Donnell of Turner spotted the animal near her yard about a week before it was killed. She called it a "hybrid mutant of something."

"It was evil, evil looking. And it had a horrible stench I will never forget," she told the Sun Journal of Lewiston. "We locked eyes for a few seconds and then it took off. I've lived in Maine my whole life and I've never seen anything like it."

For the past 15 years, residents across Androscoggin County have reported seeing and hearing a mysterious animal with chilling monstrous cries and eyes that glow in the night.

The animal has been blamed for attacking and killing a Doberman pinscher and a Rottweiler the past couple of years.

People from Litchfield, Sabattus, Greene, Turner, Lewiston and Auburn have come forward to speak of a mystery monster that roams the woods.

Nobody knows for sure what it is, and theories have ranged from a hyena or dingo to a fisher or coydog, an offspring of a coyote and a wild dog.

Now, people are asking if the mystery beast and the animal killed over the weekend are one and the same.

Wildlife officials and animal control officers declined to go to Turner to examine the remains. By Tuesday, the carcass had been picked clean by vultures and there was not much left of the dead animal.

Loren Coleman, a Portland author and cryptozoologist, said it's unlikely that the animal was anybody's pet.

After reviewing photos of the carcass, Coleman said he was bothered by the animal's ears and snout. It reminded him of a case years ago in northern Maine in which an animal shot by a hunter could not be identified.

In the end, wildlife officials got a DNA analysis that showed the animal was a rare wolf-dog hybrid, he said.

Mike O'Donnell, who is married to Michelle O'Donnell, said the animal looked "half-rodent, half-dog" to him.

It was charcoal gray, weighed between 40 and 50 pounds and had a bushy tail, a short snout, short ears and curled fangs hanging over its lips, he said. It looked like "something out of a Stephen King story."

"This is something I've never seen before. It's an evil-looking thing," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/218202/0_21_maine_mystery_beast.jpg
A funny-looking dog-like creature, dead by the side of the road in Turner, Maine.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/218202/1_22_maine_mystery_beast2.jpg
Another view of the dead mystery beast.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208683,00.html

In the first pic above I can see some semblence of a human through it's eyes and teeth.

This is the stuff a Stephen King novel is made of. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/hobbitseeker/emoticons/scared.gif

Zool
08-18-2006, 01:16 PM
That face is kinda creepin me out.

SkinBasket
08-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Bah! Its just a retarded dog. Everyone knows retarded things are prone to violence and should be put in cages.

That face is creepy though and I'd probably pee on myself a little if I found that thing.

Deputy Nutz
08-18-2006, 01:33 PM
that is damn nice looking dog. I think I will name him "Snot"

pacfan
08-18-2006, 02:37 PM

I would say "Lucky" is not an option

red
08-18-2006, 02:44 PM
yikes

i thank god i live in the UP where its the law to shoot things first, then try and figure out what it is at some other point

thats one scary looking critter, i wonder why thos guys didn't go check it out? or why someone didn't do something with the body?

i would have had that sh't stuffed

SkinBasket
08-18-2006, 02:49 PM
i would have had that sh't stuffed

No shit. If it's as much of a legend as they claim it is, you'd think some local bar would have forked over some nice cash for a taxidermied whateverthefuckitis so they could stick it on the wall.

GBRulz
08-18-2006, 02:53 PM
eeek, that face is creepy

Scott Campbell
08-18-2006, 02:57 PM
That's my dog Fluffy!

:sad:

test
08-18-2006, 04:04 PM
someone will use it as their new avatar.

SkinBasket
08-18-2006, 04:29 PM
someone will use it as their new avatar.

Already tried. The creepiness just dont translate.

BallHawk
08-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Are you sure this isn't from the Weekly World News website?

By the way did you guys hear about this labrador retreiver that's been terrorizing Western Missouri with a shotgun....

KYPack
08-18-2006, 05:15 PM

Nah, Nutz.

That's your old dog, "Stain"

Every nite, Nutz used to go out on his back porch and holler, so the whole neighborhood could hear, "Come Stain. come Stain"!

Then his mom and dad would beat the shit out of him.

I get teary just thinking about it.

the_idle_threat
08-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Is it the elusive chingacabra?

MadtownPacker
08-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Man that shit is better then a pitbull!!

Gotta start breeding those MFers!!

Deputy Nutz
08-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Man that shit is better then a pitbull!!

Gotta start breeding those MFers!!
Really I thought mexicans ate shit like this? Marinate it in a little teqiulla lime sauce and you got yourself a winner. A couple of blue corn tortillas, ymmm tasty.

Iron Mike
08-19-2006, 08:54 AM

No......here's a chupacabra:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/chupacabra021105a.jpg

GBRulz
08-19-2006, 09:03 AM

Nah, Nutz.

Every nite, Nutz used to go out on his back porch and holler, so the whole neighborhood could hear, "Come Stain. come Stain"!

good one, KY !!!

Ok, I had friends over last night and showed them this article. They were not amused, said it was just a wolf. I said "where the hell do you see a wolf with a face like that?" They said "well, it was hit by a car, what do you expect?" I shook my head in disgust...it was 5 against 1, so I just went back to my drink.

Oh yeah...and they said, since it was an article on Fox News, it's about as believeable as the National Enquirer

BallHawk
08-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Nah, Nutz.

That's some good stuff, KY. LOL.

the_idle_threat
08-19-2006, 04:41 PM

Ah yes ... chupacabra. My bad. :mrgreen:

justanotherpackfan
08-19-2006, 06:38 PM
i thank god i live in the UP where its the law to shoot things first, then try and figure out what it is at some other point
:lol: I got a good laugh out of that.

Tarlam!
08-20-2006, 02:23 AM
I wanna know: What breed of dog is that??

BallHawk
08-20-2006, 10:42 AM

Half Labrador Retreiver, half Ted Turner.

Iron Mike
08-20-2006, 11:43 AM

Ah yes ... chupacabra. My bad. :mrgreen:

heh.......chupacabra= "goatsucker"

chingacabra= change the s to f!!!! :razz:

TPF
08-20-2006, 03:56 PM

Looks just like a wolf to me.

Little Whiskey
08-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Really I thought mexicans ate shit like this? Marinate it in a little teqiulla lime sauce and you got yourself a winner. A couple of blue corn tortillas, ymmm tasty.

naa your thinking of chinese. they mix that shit with a little sweet and sour sauce and put it over rice. then throw it on some buffet!!

the_idle_threat
08-20-2006, 10:20 PM
And Koreans.

I recall a big deal being made when the Olympics were held in Seoul ... people were worried that the tourists that traveled to watched the Olympics were going to be fed dog and/or cat meat without their knowledge.

I remember thinking, too bad ... when in Rome ...

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 08:22 AM

That would be . . . snot (ed)

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Are you sure this isn't from the Weekly World News website?

By the way did you guys hear about this labrador retreiver that's been terrorizing Western Missouri with a shotgun....

hahahahahahahahahahahaha :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ex cell ent !!

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 08:32 AM

Tarlam:

It's a breed called " the Saten Black Bear Dog " - and the only real problem establishing it - is to get the fricken' tattoo on it's tongue. I understand it's a wee bit territorial and has been known to snap at really brave people.

Many have turned down "pick of litter".

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 08:35 AM

Nah, Nutz.

I'm dying here laughing. . . :mrgreen: X 10