PDA

View Full Version : UFC 146

Kiwon
05-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Looks like a good card. All Heavyweights. Should be some quick finishes.

Frank Mir (challenger) vs. Junior dos Santos (champ)

Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva
Stefan Struve vs. Mark Hunt
Roy Nelson vs. Dave Herman
Stipe Miocic vs. Shane Del Rosario

JDS should win it, but if Mir gets him on the ground his chances improve significantly.

Kiwon
05-27-2012, 09:12 AM
JDS by KO. Mir couldn't do much against JDS' superior boxing. He could be a boxing champ as well. Too bad he wasn't tested on the ground.

Velasquez looked awesome. A rematch with JDS down the line would be great.

One punch-Roy did it again. It's hard to respect the guy as an MMA fighter but it's hard not to either.

I'd like to see Struve more often. Being 6-11 is nuts.

Overall, it was a good event.

Deputy Nutz
05-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Mir looked like a chicken. He can't stand in the pocket against the top heavyweights. He gets up against the fence and refuses to throw punches.

Mr. Brown Pride did in fact look good, takedown and some nasty ground and pound. He might want to go hard on the wrestling against JDS

Roy Nelson is awesome.

Kiwon
05-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Looks like Cain Velasquez will get his rematch against JDS. I was hoping Dana White would wait a couple of matches. I'd like to see JDS handle an up-and-comer first and let Cain take out his frustration on someone else.

But it is what it is. Only thing, can we see a real fight this time, please!

Roy Nelson is awesome. Completely unique. Why not match him against JDS before Velasquez? Let the two punchers go at it.

Deputy Nutz
05-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Nelson fought JDS like a year a go. It was JDS's fight before JDS beat up Shane Carwin. JDS punished Roy, although Roy hung in there all 3 rounds, and got off a couple of shots. JDS's boxing is far above anyone at the Heavyweight division, that is why it is too bad that Overeem is a cheating bastard, because Overeem would have stood and traded his kickboxing against JDS's boxing.