PDA

View Full Version : How does PACKER Head Coach Mike McCarthy Rank amonst all NFL HC's?

woodbuck27
05-27-2012, 10:22 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-05-24/nfl-coach-ranking-tom-coughlin-bill-belichick-mike-mccarthy-mike-tomlin?icid=maing-grid10|htmlws-main-bb|dl11|sec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D164018

NFL rankings: Coaches queue starts with Tom Coughlin, Bill Belichick

PUBLISHED 3 days and 49 minutes ago

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-27-2012, 10:25 AM
I thought this story was posted last week but I cannot find it so decided to post this thread.

sheepshead
05-27-2012, 11:02 AM
A Monst? What's that?

woodbuck27
05-28-2012, 06:45 AM
A Monst? What's that?

I made a typo or spelling mistake sheepshead. The word is meant to be 'amongst'.

Are you really unable to guess what that word meant? Surely your not:

A 'spelling nazi'?

Guiness
05-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Ouch. I'm in Germany right now. That word has to be removed from my vocabulary over here! Hey, isn't someone on PR from Germany?

cheesner
05-28-2012, 06:12 PM
I made a typo or spelling mistake sheepshead. The word is meant to be 'amongst'.

Are you really unable to guess what that word meant? Surely your not:

A 'spelling nazi'?

you're

Upnorth
05-28-2012, 06:59 PM
you're

New software and a grammar Nazi all in one day, its like christmas!

MJZiggy
05-28-2012, 08:07 PM
New software and a grammar Nazi all in one day, its like christmas!
Christmas. :taunt:

Cheesehead Craig
05-28-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.heartlessdoll.com/grammartimehs1.jpg

pbmax
05-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Ouch. I'm in Germany right now. That word has to be removed from my vocabulary over here! Hey, isn't someone on PR from Germany?

Tarlam perhaps? Don't recall his exact location.

I also need to know why MC Hammer is in orbit around Jupiter. A day on Jupiter lasts 9.9 hours. Is it always Hammer Time?

Cheesehead Craig
05-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Tarlam perhaps? Don't recall his exact location.

I also need to know why MC Hammer is in orbit around Jupiter. A day on Jupiter lasts 9.9 hours. Is it always Hammer Time?

Always.

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 09:34 AM

Yes... Tarlam! may be your neighbour right now.

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 09:38 AM
you're

Thank You and I get caught on that one too often. I'll really have to concentrate on getting past that grammar error.

a) What is your favourite sport? ... your - possessive

b) You are 'a Spelling Nazi' or You're 'a spelling Nazi'.

One of the most common errors in English Grammar is the use of the words your and you're.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/difficulties/youryoure.html

Fritz
05-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Getting back to the thread, I think MM has come a long way as a coach. Remember that stretch, not really so long ago, when we were debating whether TT had made a bad hire, and might have one chance to fire MM and try again?

As long as MM doesn't fall into that trap of thinking he needs to be a GM/coach, he'll be fine.

woodbuck27
05-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Getting back to the thread, I think MM has come a long way as a coach. Remember that stretch, not really so long ago, when we were debating whether TT had made a bad hire, and might have one chance to fire MM and try again?

As long as MM doesn't fall into that trap of thinking he needs to be a GM/coach, he'll be fine.

Yup. Now if he'll just try to have better discretion in terms of throwing down the Red flag.

What I've always liked about MM is how diligent his is in terms of his belief in the off season program before TC arrives. When we experienced doubts with him we were simply victims of not respecting his learning curve and lacking patience.

Fritz
05-31-2012, 07:18 AM
I agree with most of what you said, Woody. I too like the diligence with which he prepares for the offseason stuff. I know all the coaches work fanatically, but I think MM is better at utilizing that teaching time. I also agree that perhaps we lacked patience with MM.

I do though think that the red flag stuff is not necessarily MM's fault. From what I understand, the viewers - me and you and the fans - get a much quicker, more accurate replay than the coaches on the sideline. I'm not sure, but I think it's illegal for the teams to have a television feed on the sidelines. Now if MM would just give me, or you, or - maybe better - some other Packerrat his cell phone number, we could call him up during questionable plays and let him know whether to throw the red flag.

Smeefers
05-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Just wait until the third game of the season. People will be calling for his head because he decided to punt the ball on 4th and 1 with 3 minutes left, being down by 3 because he trusts the defense, and they won't make the stop and we'll loose.

woodbuck27
05-31-2012, 11:32 AM
I agree with most of what you said, Woody. I too like the diligence with which he prepares for the offseason stuff. I know all the coaches work fanatically, but I think MM is better at utilizing that teaching time. I also agree that perhaps we lacked patience with MM.

I do though think that the red flag stuff is not necessarily MM's fault. From what I understand, the viewers - me and you and the fans - get a much quicker, more accurate replay than the coaches on the sideline. I'm not sure, but I think it's illegal for the teams to have a television feed on the sidelines. Now if MM would just give me, or you, or - maybe better - some other Packerrat his cell phone number, we could call him up during questionable plays and let him know whether to throw the red flag.

Cool idea Fritz. Please use the new Packerrat 'Suggestion Box' provision, to submit this proposal to 'the Higher Authority'. That authority will 'of course' need to pay the cellular bill and choose a Packer fan ' that actually see's the games', to take on such duty and make the calls to MM.

That fan will receive the special nickname of Johnny or Julie 'on the spot'. When a game is decided against our side because of a lost TO provision due to 'a Red Flag' turndown. That Packerrat must immediately revoke the privaleges of using that cellular....withing 24 hours return that cellular using parcel service to the Packerrat Higher Authority and ASAP visit a tatoo parlor and have the word 'blind' impressed opon his or her forehead.

That tatoo will merely brand that Packer fan 'as REAL'.

Fritz
05-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Cool idea Fritz. Please use the new Packerrat 'Suggestion Box' provision, to submit this proposal to 'the Higher Authority'. That authority will 'of course' need to pay the cellular bill and choose a Packer fan ' that actually see's the games', to take on such duty and make the calls to MM.

That fan will receive the special nickname of Johnny or Julie 'on the spot'. When a game is decided against our side because of a lost TO provision due to 'a Red Flag' turndown. That Packerrat must immediately revoke the privaleges of using that cellular....withing 24 hours return that cellular using parcel service to the Packerrat Higher Authority and ASAP visit a tatoo parlor and have the word 'blind' impressed opon his or her forehead.

That tatoo will merely brand that Packer fan 'as REAL'.

I like it, I like it. To prop up the Packerrat's courage, we should provide free Leinies to the holder of the red phone.

Zool
05-31-2012, 12:39 PM
There's a (I believe) 10 second delay in the live feeds. We'd probably have to just stay connected to a staff member during the entire game so we don't have any delay in giving our expert opinion.

Fritz
05-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Maybe if it's a Thursday game the "on the spotter" could stay connected to Shawn Slocum...

Brandon494
05-31-2012, 05:55 PM
I use to be hard on old MM but he is clearly a top 5 coach in the league and a hard guy not to like.

Smeefers
06-01-2012, 08:39 AM
I use to be hard on old MM but he is clearly a top 5 coach in the league and a hard guy not to like.

I think we were all hard on him. It took him years to get to where he's at and we wanted something now damnit! My problem with him is that he never seemed to learn his lesson until about 1/2 way into the season. He also always seemed to start off with a very complex play book and we'd struggle, but by the end he'd tone it down and we'd excell.