PDA

View Full Version : forum software changes

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Lets put any questions or problems in this thread.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 05:51 AM
So it appears there is a smiley button on the quick reply toolbar now.

Harlan Huckleby
05-28-2012, 06:26 AM
This is all so disorienting. :rock: the smiley button has fucked-up smilies like this one.
This new software has ruined everything, people are going to leave the site.

This kinda shit wouldn't happen if Skinbasket was running the show.

Joemailman
05-28-2012, 06:33 AM
So it appears there is a smiley button on the quick reply toolbar now.

:wave:

This is all so disorienting. :rock: the smiley button has fucked-up smilies like this one.
This new software has ruined everything, people are going to leave the site.

This kinda shit wouldn't happen if Skinbasket was running the show.

:soap:

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Here is a new function "Restore Auto-saved Content" that should be of use. Not sure how it works yet but it is suppose to save your text if you had a bunch of stuff typed up and then your page times out because you walked away or hit refresh on accident.

MJZiggy
05-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Was there any kind of link to a summary of the changes in this update? Wow you can play with Fonts and colors as well. Toys, toys, toys!

Upnorth
05-28-2012, 01:39 PM
My quick reply has no smily faces, awwwww.

Upnorth
05-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Also where do you find additional smiley faces? Some have cool ones, my list is quite limited.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 02:12 PM
My quick reply has no smily faces, awwwww.

Are you sure? It is just a smiley icon which you click on and from there you can click MORE to see them all.

denverYooper
05-28-2012, 04:44 PM
My quick reply box doesn't have the rich text controls either. I'm guessing it's a browser issue of some sort.

denverYooper
05-28-2012, 04:49 PM
My quick reply box doesn't have the rich text controls either. I'm guessing it's a browser issue of some sort.

Nope. It was my settings. I had my text editor configured as "Basic".

For those with only the basic editor (no text formatting or smilies, just a text entry box), you can go into the "Settings" --> "General Settings" under "My Account" heading on left hand side -> "Standard Editor" to change your edit box.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Good catch Yooper. Trying to find a way to make that the default editor.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Ok so do you have the toolbar now Upnorth? I made a change that should have did it for all users. Of course if you changed it manually like Yooper did you wont notice anything.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 06:00 PM
I also set it so that everyone gets a popup notice when a Private Message is received.

Harlan Huckleby
05-29-2012, 08:13 AM
I also set it so that everyone gets a popup notice when a Private Message is received.

I think this unnecessary.

I am being stalked by a certain member here at PR, and the popup makes it more difficult to ignore him or her or it.

MadtownPacker
05-29-2012, 09:52 AM
You can change it back in your settings. Most have stated they never know when they get PMs though.

digitaldean
06-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Haven't posted in awhile till tonight. Like the new interface. Matches up with a lot of the computer forums that I post in. :clap:

Harlan Huckleby
06-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Haven't posted in awhile till tonight. Like the new interface. Matches up with a lot of the computer forums that I post in. :clap: I shudder to think what the emoticons look like over at NAMBLA

MJZiggy
06-03-2012, 09:39 AM
I shudder to think what the emoticons look like over at NAMBLA

Have they changed the emoticons since the ones you provided for them?

Harlan Huckleby
06-03-2012, 12:23 PM
ziggy, you must have been a beautiful baby, because baby, look at you now!

I bet we could put some ribbons in your hair, a lollypop in your hand, the plaid skirt, and make good dough off you on the internet. Panties cam and such. Don't answer now, think about it, and we talk later.

easy cheesy
06-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Love the changes to the forum!! My "test" album is up on my page which is cool. The visitor message tab is up but it doesn't appear that we can leave visitor messages on anyone's page, although my old original visitor messages still appear. Also, any chance we will be able to form groups? I know... I'll just shut the hell up now... thanks for the cool changes! :worship: