PDA

View Full Version : Favorite individual plays (not meaningful, just shows of dominance) of the new (Clay/AR) era

RashanGary
05-28-2012, 09:48 AM
1. Matthews chasing down McNabb

. . . . . . McNabb has run away from our front 7 for the last 10 years and killed us in important games. Matthews chased him down and drug him to the turf like a cheetah netting himself a sick gazelle. It was a show of speed and power to make McNabb look so pedestrian. Loved it.

2. Matthews sack on Kevin Kolb that knocked him out of the game.

. . . . . . Friggin beast. There's not much to say on that one. The performance speaks for itself

3. Rodgers rifle to Jordy Nelson on the sideline in the Falcons game.

. . . . . . . Rodgers used bought time, used his athleticism to roll left, used his ability to throw moving in the toughest direction and then delivered a bullet, right on target showing off his big-time arm. I thought that play showed off AR's talent as much as any. He did it all on that play.

4. Tramon Williams interception in the back of the endzone (again, I think this was a Falcons game)

. . . . . . . Tramon was in trail mode. He was going full speed to keep up with the receiver. Out of balance, out of rhythm, he leaped off one leg, turned toward the ball and pulled down the interception. I thought that play showed one of the most athletic plays of the last few years, along with a lot of skill.

5. Aaron Rodgers skinny post throw to Greg Jennings in the super bowl. A perfect pass and extremely difficult one. He through it in the only place possible, the tiniest window. Although AR tends to go to more open receivers, in that moment, he showed elite precision and arm strength.

6. I forget the game, or even the end result of the play (other than it was a first down), but AR took off on a scramble to the left/center of the field. A LB or S lined up to nail him and AR put on a juke, eluded what should have been a sure tackle and picked up an extra 8 or so yards. I loved seeing our QB play with courage like that, and athleticism.

7. There was a sack, a regular season sack against either the Ravens or Steelers. As much burst as Clay has, he has this little lul-thing he does before he explodes. He did that, and the blew right past the tackle, making a big-time sack. That was a play I've seen in highlights, a play that shows Clay is not only a beast, but he also has some savvy to what he does.

8. Jennings catches look so easy, it's hard to pick one that shows physical dominance. He's just right in stride, twists, adjusts and plucks the ball, making it look simple. Jennings is a star who makes it look easy. He deserves to be here, but I can't pick one.

9. Woodson has this thing he does when he's trailing a WR or TE over the middle. There are several examples of this, but he dives to break up the ball and magically during his dive, he happens to get his foot caught between the WR's feet and trip the guy in a way that would be impossible to assume was intentional. It shows how much faster he sees the game. Not only does he go to break up the pass, not only does he have to diagnose the play in the middle of the field, but he also as the wherewithal to throw in a little quirk that I really don't see anyone else doing. He frustrates the hell out of opponents with this move. I think it's a play that personifies Woodson's game at this point in his career. I love it every time it happens. Like Jennings, it's not just one thing. Woodson isn't the dominant athlete that AR and Clay are, but he does things game after game, play after play that change the game. STUD.

Joemailman
05-28-2012, 09:55 AM
4. Tramon Williams interception in the back of the endzone (again, I think this was a Falcons game)

. . . . . . . Tramon was in trail mode. He was going full speed to keep up with the receiver. Out of balance, out of rhythm, he leaped off one leg, turned toward the ball and pulled down the interception. I thought that play showed one of the most athletic plays of the last few years, along with a lot of skill.

Wasn't that against Philadelphia to ice the game?

Edit: Tramon had 2 INT's against Falcons, so maybe we're not thinking of the same play.

To the list I would add Tramon's INT for TD on the last play of the 1st half against the Falcons. Baited Matt Ryan into thinking he had an open receiver on the sideline.

Brandon494
05-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Clay during his rookie season stripping AP of the ball and taking it back for a TD.

KYPack
05-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Clay and Pickett's key strip in the SB, stopping PBurgh's momentum at a critical time.

Tony Oday
05-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Donald Drivers "Run" I mean AR did find him and throw it to him ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eATwE9YT7Mw

MJZiggy
05-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Donald Drivers "Run" I mean AR did find him and throw it to him ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eATwE9YT7Mw
+1 I love, love, LOVE this play! How many chances did they have to get him down again?

Upnorth
05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Great thread THank you!
+1 to Tramon's philly int, +1 to Raji Bears Int and TD, +1 to Driver great TD, +1 to Raji TD Block run block!

MJZiggy
05-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Oh wait! Don't forget Al picking off whatshisname in OT in the NFCC game! We want the ball and Al's gonna score!

Joemailman
05-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Oh wait! Don't forget Al picking off whatshisname in OT in the NFCC game! We want the ball and Al's gonna score!

Please follow the rules of the thread. :smack: Only plays from the Clay/AR thread are allowed. :no:

Smidgeon
05-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Clay during his rookie season stripping AP of the ball and taking it back for a TD.

This one has my vote. This was the play where it finally sank in to me that the Claymaker was for real. Not even All Day could stop him.

Brando19
05-28-2012, 09:36 PM
1) Nick Collins INT in the Super Bowl
2) Aaron Rodgers game winning TD to Jennings against the Bears
3) Cobb's kick return against the Saints
4) I know it's not the AR/Clay era......but....Favre to Jennings in OT against Denver

George Cumby
05-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Great thread, Justin. Thanks.

Not an individual play but the last play of the Saints game last year. That goal-line stand was an amazing display of team defense. The D was so cohesive they looked like the Spartans at Thermopylae, except for the dying to the last man bit.

pbmax
05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Howard Green bull rush of Big Ben to force an INT to Collins in Super Bowl.

pbmax
05-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Johnny Jolly one man screen defense via interceptions/passes defended. He taught Raji all he knows before he went for Shock treatment.

HarveyWallbangers
05-28-2012, 10:40 PM
I thought this was the game that Rodgers showed he was about to become the NFL's next great QB.

One throw stood out to me. The one at the 1:10 mark:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d815a57e8/Wild-Card-Greg-Jennings-highlights

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Tramons pick right before the half in the playoff against the falcons. Just great!

Smeefers
05-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Last years defensive stand on the 1 yard line against the Saints. Man that was intense.

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 10:44 AM
This video takes us back to December 28, 2008
and Lions @ PACKERS. These are plays from the day that the LIONS record slipped to 0-16. Our record went to 6-10 with the 31 -21 victory.

Aaron Rodgers shows us he has game in the Packers 2 wins over Detroit that season. Here's a small part of that sceond win over the LIONS.

Donald Driver has to be back in the Green and Gold this season. He's just fricken' great to watch getting it done. One of the 'most styling' players in our history. One of the most loved as well. It will be a sad day when Donald Driver says goodbye.

In this video DD makes two of his patented plays and you'll see an amazin' Lambeau Leap after a long catch and run (71 yard TD) as Aaron Rodgers hooks up with Driver!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo_wvVzBD44&feature=fvwp&NR=1

Also... in this video you'll see nice picks by CB Charles Woodson and (S) Nick Collins 'a big play pick' at our goalline and a solid 62 yard return up the middle left of Lambeau.

We're going to miss Nick Collins. Once this player came around. He was certainly special.

GO Donald Driver and PACKERS !

Upnorth
05-29-2012, 11:05 AM
I thought this was the game that Rodgers showed he was about to become the NFL's next great QB.

One throw stood out to me. The one at the 1:10 mark:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d815a57e8/Wild-Card-Greg-Jennings-highlights

That game was one of teh most exciting ones I have ever watched. I remember thinking we were toast, and then this amazing come back. I am still fn burnt by that bs call in ot, grrrrr. Here is the game emotionally in emoticons.

:smile::(:mad::shock::-P:cow::clap::wave::shock::pc::bang::shtf:

Tony Oday
05-29-2012, 11:09 AM
I really like Driver and I know the guy can dance but damn he does it too much...Im more than likely in the minority but a 15 yard reception and the dance is too close to Crhis Carter hogging God everytime he caught the ball.

ThunderDan
05-29-2012, 11:12 AM
That game was one of teh most exciting ones I have ever watched. I remember thinking we were toast, and then this amazing come back. I am still fn burnt by that bs call in ot, grrrrr. Here is the game emotionally in emoticons.

You should dig out the game day thread for that one. There were about 3 or 4 of us saying the game wasn't over and everyone else mocking us until they tied the game up in the 4th quarter.

Bossman641
05-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Just a straight missile from Rodgers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cC-9LZX00

smuggler
05-29-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't like Driver's 1st down dance. But sometimes when he does it, he fakes the dance and just waves it off.

KYPack
05-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Just a straight missile from Rodgers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cC-9LZX00

Jordy ran the whole end line to come open for the laser from ARod.

Man, I feel sorry for the DB.

Superman couldn't cover that route.

smuggler
05-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Perfect O beats perfect D

Joemailman
05-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Perfect O beats perfect D

D that gives the QB that much time is far from perfect.

KYPack
05-29-2012, 09:31 PM
D that gives the QB that much time is far from perfect.

I remember watching replays of that one & thinking that Daryn Colledge finally seemed to grasp pass pro.

Man, I'm glad to see that sumbitch gone.

mission
05-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Tramon INT before halftime in Atlanta is my personal favorite.. Being there hammered and calling tramon pick 6 just before, man, I've never gone so crazy over a play...

BobDobbs
05-30-2012, 03:00 AM
I loved seeing Randall Cobb's first receiving touchdown of his career. It was a moment where it showed that this guy is going to have an impact.

If you skip to 1:08 it shows the highlight, and then Donald and Edgar are talking to him and it comes out that he ran the wrong route, but still scored. Classic

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d82241c3d/Sound-FX-Week-1-sights-and-sounds

woodbuck27
05-30-2012, 05:34 AM

You had me at:

:clap:

woodbuck27
05-30-2012, 05:37 AM
I really like Driver and I know the guy can dance but damn he does it too much...Im more than likely in the minority but a 15 yard reception and the dance is too close to Crhis Carter hogging God everytime he caught the ball.

Ohh sure.

woodbuck27
05-30-2012, 05:40 AM
I remember watching replays of that one & thinking that Daryn Colledge finally seemed to grasp pass pro.

Man, I'm glad to see that sumbitch gone.

Yea..he was a wee bit stiff IMO. I often wondered if he was posing for some sculpture.