PDA

View Full Version : ** Reputation points promo! **

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 06:17 PM
For a limited time any rat who post smileys using the new posting editor will receive 50 reps pts for helping confirm everything is working. Just post some smileys in this thread using the toolbar on the quick reply option to claim.

red
05-28-2012, 06:43 PM
this is bullshit making us jump through hoops and whatnot all the time for your coked up amusement

oh....

:flm::beat::violin::shtf::smk:

Upnorth
05-28-2012, 06:51 PM
The new software is a whole bunch o' awesome!

rdanomly
05-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Like this?

:pack:

MadScientist
05-28-2012, 07:15 PM
:wow:
easy rep points

until someone decides to de-rep us all for getting cheap points
:shock:
:satan:

MJZiggy
05-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Hadn't thought of that one...:mrgreen: Oh, and Happy Memorial Day smilie :flag:

(Don't need any rep points, actually. Just having fun.)

Cheesehead Craig
05-28-2012, 08:35 PM
What a great idea :bump:

Where's the ass kissing smiley? :huh:

ThunderDan
05-28-2012, 08:39 PM
No rep points needed.:-P

mission
05-28-2012, 08:51 PM
:trll:

Forum seems faster too

esoxx
05-28-2012, 08:59 PM
What, what??

:arrow: :whaa:

Smidgeon
05-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Smileys? What are those? :S

:D

Brando19
05-28-2012, 09:32 PM
No way....not me!

:taunt:

pbmax
05-28-2012, 10:26 PM
For Bretsky:

:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:

pbmax
05-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Thank God the esc key stops 'em.

Tony Oday
05-28-2012, 10:29 PM
:duel:

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Like this?

:pack:What the hizzie?? Where you been?

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 11:21 PM
:trll:

Forum seems faster tooInteresting. I was wondering if I was imagining it. Here's another thing you for sure will love, there is now a mobile version of the forum for your phone. I just have to get it so you guys can change from the regular forum to the mobile version.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Smileys? What are those? :S

:DOk everyone gots their 50 except this guy. I have to wonder if he used the editor toolbar why is there some broken code ":S: in his post? You trying to skirt around the rules there boy?

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0908/what-we-have-here-cool-hand-luke-demotivational-poster-1251485426.jpg

MadtownPacker
05-28-2012, 11:28 PM
this is bullshit making us jump through hoops and whatnot all the time for your coked up amusement

oh....

:flm::beat::violin::shtf::smk:Did you forget about last time when I made your shit all red like your name? :jig:

MJZiggy
05-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Ok everyone gots their 50 except this guy. I have to wonder if he used the editor toolbar why is there some broken code ":S: in his post? You trying to skirt around the rules there boy?

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0908/what-we-have-here-cool-hand-luke-demotivational-poster-1251485426.jpg He left off the end colon.

Deputy Nutz
05-29-2012, 07:51 AM
:smack:

Upnorth
05-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Interesting. I was wondering if I was imagining it. Here's another thing you for sure will love, there is now a mobile version of the forum for your phone. I just have to get it so you guys can change from the regular forum to the mobile version.

That would make me very happy! Did you just win the lottery or something?

Zool
05-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Interesting. I was wondering if I was imagining it. Here's another thing you for sure will love, there is now a mobile version of the forum for your phone. I just have to get it so you guys can change from the regular forum to the mobile version.

1000 times yes

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 09:24 AM
I'll take a Labatt's 50 Ale with those 50 points THANKS.

for just doing this...priceless.

:glug: and :jig: and :pack: = :five:

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 09:27 AM
That would make me very happy! Did you just win the lottery or something?

Mad is independently wealthy.

Upnorth
05-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Mad is independently wealthy.

:knll:

Want an investment advisor for your untold millions MTP????

MadtownPacker
05-29-2012, 12:52 PM
That would make me very happy! Did you just win the lottery or something?Well let's try to make you happy.

On the bottom left there is a white drop down box that says "PackerRats". Click it and select "Default Mobile Style". It will take you to the mobile version. In the mobile version you can click "Full site" and it will bring you back to the normal page. Try it put and let me know what you think. I played with the colors to make it feel more like home but I haven't spent much time on it yet.

Freak Out
05-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Hooray for Grailism. :) :glug:

HowardRoark
05-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Can you give my points to Sheepshead? I can't find the emoticons.:sad:

Upnorth
05-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Well let's try to make you happy.

On the bottom left there is a white drop down box that says "PackerRats". Click it and select "Default Mobile Style". It will take you to the mobile version. In the mobile version you can click "Full site" and it will bring you back to the normal page. Try it put and let me know what you think. I played with the colors to make it feel more like home but I haven't spent much time on it yet.

It no worky on my blackberry (not trolling partial). Get to forum screen then whites out (not being racist):trll:

Zool
05-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Works on the iPhone. AT&T is dog shit slow though.

sheepshead
05-29-2012, 03:54 PM
:huh::cnf::bang::satan:8-)

Keep the negatives coming, i consider it a badge of honor.

LEWCWA
05-29-2012, 04:15 PM
:laugh:

CaptainD
05-29-2012, 04:35 PM
:jack::oops::grin:

Freak Out
05-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Can we get a donkey punch emoticon please?

Cheesehead Craig
05-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Keep the negatives coming, i consider it a badge of honor.

Just for that, I give you positive rep

mission
05-29-2012, 06:55 PM

Yeah, do that! It might have just been a faster interweb last night, but it seems like it's working a bit quicker. Not sure if that's a DB or efficient code thing but I think so...

mission
05-29-2012, 06:56 PM

missed that, ill check it out

MadtownPacker
05-29-2012, 07:27 PM
It no worky on my blackberry (not trolling partial). Get to forum screen then whites out (not being racist):trll:
What is the browser? Bolt? What version? Does the regular forum work right on it?

MadtownPacker
05-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Works on the iPhone. AT&T is dog shit slow though.
Apple Fanboy excuses.

MadtownPacker
05-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Can we get a donkey punch emoticon please?
Do they exist?

MadtownPacker
05-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, do that! It might have just been a faster interweb last night, but it seems like it's working a bit quicker. Not sure if that's a DB or efficient code thing but I think so...
Did that! Yeah I think it did clean up alot of crap on the DB. That just means you aholes can pollute it again.

MadtownPacker
05-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Here is a new function called "Restore Auto-saved Content" that should be of use. It saves your text after 60 seconds if you had a bunch of stuff typed up and then your page times out because you walked away or hit refresh on accident or whatever. I believe once you come back to the thread the option to click appears on the bottom left of your reply box. You just click it and it restores what you where typing.

http://packerrats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=86

Upnorth
05-29-2012, 08:48 PM
What is the browser? Bolt? What version? Does the regular forum work right on it?

So I am posting this from my phone on the regular site, but the mobile site doesn't work. As to the technical questions I am using a blackberry smart phone. The smart part means it knows more about tech thanb me. Sorry but I won't be able to help you there.

HowardRoark
05-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Here is a new function called "Restore Auto-saved Content" that should be of use. It saves your text after 60 seconds if you had a bunch of stuff typed up and then your page times out because you walked away or hit refresh on accident or whatever. I believe once you come back to the thread the option to click appears on the bottom left of your reply box. You just click it and it restores what you where typing.

Can you not apply this function to certain posters?

Bossman641
05-29-2012, 09:29 PM
:worship:

Bretsky
05-29-2012, 09:43 PM
:bs:....for Nutz....after he started screaming Go Bears behind me at a gas station after the Bears won

:hug: ......this is really what girls do at those Tupperwear parties

:alc: to Grailism

MJZiggy
05-29-2012, 09:56 PM
:bs:....for Nutz....after he started screaming Go Bears behind me at a gas station after the Bears won

:hug: ......this is really what girls do at those Tupperwear parties

:alc: to Grailism

What freaking tupperware parties have you been to. All the ones I've been to are boring as shit. They want to sell you plastic food storage.

woodbuck27
05-30-2012, 05:30 AM

WOW ! Too often I've tried to create a post I felt was meaningful here 'only' to see it go zippo>>off into the 'nether land'.

Little Whiskey
05-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Can you not apply this function to certain posters?

I wonder who this is in reference to?

the above post?

Little Whiskey
05-30-2012, 06:36 AM
ooops forgot the :?:

woodbuck27
05-30-2012, 06:40 AM
What freaking tupperware parties have you been to. All the ones I've been to are boring as shit. They want to sell you plastic food storage.

Gee MJ ! and all this time I thought that tupperware was a collectable. Was I wrong?

:whaa: as to Deputy Nutz screeming go BEARS! after they won that game. That was some Bear fan wearing 'a Deputy Nutz mask'.

sheepshead
05-30-2012, 07:20 AM
http://www.passionparties.com/

MadtownPacker
05-30-2012, 10:03 AM
WOW ! Too often I've tried to create a post I felt was meaningful here 'only' to see it go zippo>>off into the 'nether land'.

I see your meaning now Howard.

pbmax
05-30-2012, 12:15 PM

Only if you post a video with the request.

3irty1
05-30-2012, 01:41 PM
:shtf:

Wow that is easier. Confirmed workage under Chrome for linux.

smuggler
05-30-2012, 03:01 PM
:hug: free rep kids!

MJZiggy
05-30-2012, 06:09 PM
http://www.passionparties.com/
That's not tupperware. I didn't see anything in there that burped when you closed it.

Bretsky
05-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Gee MJ ! and all this time I thought that tupperware was a collectable. Was I wrong?

:whaa: as to Deputy Nutz screeming go BEARS! after they won that game. That was some Bear fan wearing 'a Deputy Nutz mask'.

The story with Nutz was a real story; you had to be there. It was kind of funny..........if you were not me.
I watched the first PR annual game with Skin and Nutz at the Bar; we should have went to the booby joint to watch it
James Jones fumbled like eight times to help give that game away. We all departed in frustration.

I stopped at a gas station to get a pop on the way home. Nutz saw me in there and came in after....but I didn't see him. I looked sad and frustrated. He decided to screw with me.
Started yelling go Bears...go Bears...when I was fully stoked with Packer attire. My first reaction was who's the asshole behind me ! I tried not to look. But the prick was relentless

Finally turned around and it was Nutz screaming the shit out to screw with me.

He won the asshole of the night award

smuggler
05-30-2012, 10:58 PM
When you say JJ fumbled a game against the Bears away, you have to clarify if it was in 2007 or if it was in 2010

Bretsky
05-31-2012, 06:18 AM
When you say JJ fumbled a game against the Bears away, you have to clarify if it was in 2007 or if it was in 2010

George Cumby
05-31-2012, 07:13 AM
That's not tupperware. I didn't see anything in there that burped when you closed it.

That was good.:jig: :rs:

Kiwon
05-31-2012, 07:33 AM
:clap: I like the new software.

MadtownPacker
05-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Only if you post a video with the request.

Nice!

MadtownPacker
05-31-2012, 10:26 AM
:shtf:

Wow that is easier. Confirmed workage under Chrome for linux.
Cool, thanks for the FYI.

Willard
06-02-2012, 08:57 AM
:eyes:
Look what I can do

Guiness
06-02-2012, 12:15 PM
:wow:
easy rep points

until someone decides to de-rep us all for getting cheap points
:shock:
:satan:

done
:rs:

Guiness
06-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Reads real nice with the Android browser. Posting this is a bit painful though, the box only shows three lines of text, and doesnt show you what you're typing. Don't see any smiley's though.
:-D
Maybe the phone ones will work

Nice upgrade, thanks Mad

:'(:-#0:)

MadtownPacker
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM
So you dont see the Smiley button on the posting editor toolbar? I think I know what you mean about the text box and will see if I can change that.

You saw how to switch to the mobile version right?

MadScientist
06-04-2012, 10:12 PM
So how do you find what your rep points are and which posts got repped? You could find that out on the previous version by clicking the rep button on one of your own posts, but that is gone now. :pc:

Little Whiskey
06-05-2012, 06:15 AM
So how do you find what your rep points are and which posts got repped? You could find that out on the previous version by clicking the rep button on one of your own posts, but that is gone now. :pc:

Click on the "settings" on the top right corner of the page. scroll down and it wil show you the latest rep points given and the reason why.

Guiness
06-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Lease, nope, no smiley button here in quick reply...nope, nothing in advanced either. Have to go old skool and type then in! :cow:

Guiness
06-05-2012, 03:05 PM
So you dont see the Smiley button on the posting editor toolbar? I think I know what you mean about the text box and will see if I can change that.

You saw how to switch to the mobile version right?

Yup, switching to the mobile version worked well, and it's really well laid out and readable that way. Seems to auto-adjust to screen size, puts the avatars between posts to save on horizontal real estate - a nice browsing experience.

Just posted from phone - did you change the text box? Nice, and I can see what I'm typing now. You're so good at this IT shit, you sure you're not Chinxican?

MadtownPacker
06-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Click on the "settings" on the top right corner of the page. scroll down and it wil show you the latest rep points given and the reason why.

That's a great answer!! You would have thought he asked you how to prepare a possum dinner. :lol:

MadtownPacker
06-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Yup, switching to the mobile version worked well, and it's really well laid out and readable that way. Seems to auto-adjust to screen size, puts the avatars between posts to save on horizontal real estate - a nice browsing experience.

Just posted from phone - did you change the text box? Nice, and I can see what I'm typing now. You're so good at this IT shit, you sure you're not Chinxican?I am still working on the mobile versions style but for the most part that is how it will function. Glad you like it.

I made some changes to it the other day. So now it is good for you? Smiley button on toolbar and all that crap? Nah, I just took some computer classes in jail.

http://s.fsdn.com/sd/firehose/006/280/279-1.png

GrnBay007
06-05-2012, 11:22 PM
:)

Those look like women!

GrnBay007
06-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Poser! haha

Guiness
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM
No smilley thingamagigee on quick reply

Nope, not on advanced either.

Maybe if you'd done something to warrant federal time, you'd have had more time to learn this shit!

MadtownPacker
06-06-2012, 07:34 PM
No smilley thingamagigee on quick reply

Nope, not on advanced either.

Maybe if you'd done something to warrant federal time, you'd have had more time to learn this shit!
I checked your settings and you should already have the new editor. I actually flipped the switch on that globally so everyone should be seeing the new editor. Can you send me a screenshot of what you got on your screen?

MadtownPacker
06-06-2012, 07:34 PM
:)

Those look like women!
They are huh.

But they look like some tuff bitches!

Guiness
06-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I checked your settings and you should already have the new editor. I actually flipped the switch on that globally so everyone should be seeing the new editor. Can you send me a screenshot of what you got on your screen?

Screen shots of my hande? Haven't figured out that one yet. Does anyone know how to do that, or know of a util for Android? Looks like most require a rooted device, but a couple don't. I'll give one a try. Might be easier to just take a pic with a camera, and take the chance that you see my naked reflection on the screen :-P:shock:

Edit: not sure what I'm looking for, but I don't see any way to pick a smiley. Going back to the full version they are off to the side like on the pc.