PDA

View Full Version : MD Jennings....a work in progress

Bretsky
05-31-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm a fan

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-md-jennings-diligently-positions-self-at-safety-is5k7h3-156080545.html

Joemailman
05-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Me too. He wasn't drafted because at 185 pounds (187 last year), he was considered too small for safety. But with more and more emphasis on range and coverage skills, he may be what the Packers are looking for. Capers says he looks bigger and stronger this year, so the size issue may not be what it was before anyway.

George Cumby
05-31-2012, 10:37 PM
lunch pail

Joemailman
06-01-2012, 12:09 AM
He has good enough speed and he's pretty smart. I think he has more physical ability than Peprah. Whether he can beat out McMillan remains to be seen.

Fritz
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
It takes a couple years to learn to play safety in this league. There was a lot of ragging on both Darren Sharper and Nick Collins after their first two years in the league for not being very smart about what they were doing. I'm not sure McMillan presents much of a challenge to Peprah or Jennings, at least not yet.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of leap Jennings makes here in year two. I'm hoping he can unseat Peprah, who is what he is.

RashanGary
06-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm interested to see his new weight listing when the roster gets updated this season. I think they usually update those.

RashanGary
06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm interested to see his new weight listing when the roster gets updated this season. I think they usually update those.

I highly doubt Jennings will ever be the tackler Collins was, or have quite the range, but clearly the Packers were lacking a FS last year. That position requires sideline to sideline speed. The rookie has it, but there is nothing so far showing he can do it. Jennings has shown signs of being able to do it. He's fast, sounds smart, now bigger and stronger. . . .

My money is on him. He's our rangiest safety who has shown signs of being able to play. I'm glad to read the news on him coming in bigger, stronger, smarter. . . .

woodbuck27
06-02-2012, 10:55 AM
http://espnmilwaukee.com/corp/page/06%2F01%2F12_For_now%2C_Jennings_leads_the_Pack/668?feed=2

For now, (M.D.) Jennings leads the Pack.

By JASON WILDE
jwilde@espnwisconsin.com

GREEN BAY –

"While sideline observers like to jokingly refer to him as “The Doctor,” it’s not out of the realm of possibility that M.D. Jennings could be exactly what, ahem, the doctor ordered at safety for the Green Bay Packers.

With the team having released three-time Pro Bowl safety Nick Collins in the wake of his career-threatening neck injury and de facto starter Charlie Peprah missing the first two open organized team activity practices with a lingering knee injury, Jennings has gotten extensive work with the No. 1 defense at safety alongside Morgan Burnett.

While the Packers could go a variety of directions at the position – including shifting Charles Woodson from cornerback to safety – Jennings has been working ahead of Anthony Levine and rookie fourth-round pick Jerron McMillian while Peprah and Woodson haven’t taken part in OTAs." fr. LINK

Please click on LINK for the rest of this story.

GO PACKERS !

Fritz
06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
I thought perhaps we should nickname him "Mad Dog," but after reading the article, it sounds like he's more the cerebral type. So I'm thinking we should call him "M.edical D.octor" Jennings, or, as KY would have it, "Doc" Jennings.