PDA

View Full Version : JMike at it again

George Cumby
05-31-2012, 11:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/31/jermichael-finley-says-he-had-no-chemistry-with-aaron-rodgers-last-year/#comments

Claims he didn't have "chemistry" with "the qb".

His use of language is suggestive of a lack of willingness to accept responsibility and accountability. More evidence that he is selfish, immature and hasn't learned anything.

*sigh*

MadtownPacker
05-31-2012, 11:50 PM
So :laugh: Brandon was wrong about this one?

Joemailman
06-01-2012, 12:06 AM
“It was just my play. I’m not blaming it on my offseason, but me and the QB didn’t have chemistry,” Finley said, via Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com. “The routes were off sometimes, and that’ll mess with your head when the ball comes.

Sounds like he's saying his own play was the problem. I don't see a problem here.

Brandon494
06-01-2012, 05:55 AM
What do he suppose to say? I mean seriously you know this guy isn't the smartest guy, stop taking what he says so serious like its a big deal.

Tony Oday
06-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Catch the ball and shut up.

Pugger
06-01-2012, 06:27 AM
What do he suppose to say? I mean seriously you know this guy isn't the smartest guy, stop taking what he says so serious like its a big deal.

No kidding. There is nothing to see here folks, move along.

channtheman
06-01-2012, 06:29 AM
I think he meant his hands and the ball have no chemistry.

George Cumby
06-01-2012, 07:56 AM
My bad. Here's a more complete record of what he said:

http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=7458

Smeefers
06-01-2012, 08:31 AM
The dude was owning up to having a bad year last year and said he thinks he found a way to fix it. That's what I read anyway.

Fritz
06-01-2012, 10:06 AM
When you read the whole thing, there's really nothing to spark a controversy over. I'm not talking about George Cumby, who has retracted his initial statement after reading the whole thing. I'm talking about the numbnuts who commented at the end of the entire article. Sounds like Finley just wants to get so fluid and have such good muscle memory that he doesn't have to think things out. Which will help him focus on catching the ball. It's all good, no problems.

If you want problems, read up on the Detroit Lions. Nick Fairley, Titus Young, et al - a posse of me-first attitude over there.

Tony Oday
06-01-2012, 10:50 AM
I like the guy but let your game speak before you do.

Upnorth
06-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Something tells me he is gonna blow us away this year, and Brandon will try to make everyone eat crow.

RashanGary
06-01-2012, 11:13 AM

I agree. Nothing wrong. He just has to be him. The offense, with Jennings and Nelson being the type who adjust their routes well to coverages, J-Mike may have been trying to do a lot of the same stuff, makign him a little robotic.

He's more of a line up and beat your guy type of player. If he does what he does, AR will adjust to his game. The same way you throw to Jones strengths or Drivers, or Jennings, you throw to Finley's. Each player is different. Finley is saying he's going to be his own guy. When AR took over he said he was going to be his own guy too.

To be honest, this is one of the more promising things I've heard Finley say since he's been here. Good news to me!!

MadScientist
06-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Sounds like he didn't like the way his game spoke last year, and was saying how he was going to fix it. He called out nobody but himself, which is the right attitude. And he's also learned how to kiss some ass in an interview.

We were 15-1. (GM) Ted (Thompson) is a genius at what he does, so I’m on his team.

He is maturing, which should bode well for this year.

Freak Out
06-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I like the fire in the guy. He wants to be a dominant player and is embarrassed when he fails. Use that to drive yourself to a better game.

Tony Oday
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Something tells me he is gonna blow us away this year, and Brandon will try to make everyone eat crow.

If he fixes the drops he is a freaking amazing talent! Then talk it up and laugh at the guys that cant cover you because you have earned it.

Smeefers
06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
So I think we can all agree here, Finely's problems last year can be placed solely at the feet of Shawn Slocum.

pittstang5
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
So I think we can all agree here, Finely's problems last year can be placed solely at the feet of Shawn Slocum.

If it were Wednesday, I'd fire his ass, but it's not, so I won't.

King Friday
06-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I wish the kid would keep his mouth shut 90% of the time...but I don't see the harm here.

woodbuck27
06-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Any question RE: J F and his chemistry concerns last season with AR should 'only' emphasize that he's aware of the obvious pitfall of no OTA's last season and thus 'no proper time' to work out routes and snags with his QB. Absolutey the TRUTH and thus not any question regarding JM's mouth and complaining instead of simply...

going out there and competing with his arrogance or himself and catching the damn pill. He's this, was that, is going to be whatever. Juat catch the 'fricken' ball. Stop comparing himself with any other TE in the NFL and admit he'll never be any Tony Gonzalez but simply desires to improve his overall skills at the position and contribute more to our success. If he does that we are closer to saying we are a legit favourite to win another Super Bowl Crown.

That's all that matters. That's the legitimate focus of all men on our 53 man roster.

NOT that players statistics. Certainly NOT how well any player stacks up Vs any other player at his position in the NFL.

Jermichael Finley should learn to shut his mouth and concentrate on learning to be a complete TE. Relax and catch the ball.

Brandon494
06-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Shut up

woodbuck27
06-02-2012, 08:11 AM
You talking to me Willis?

Shut Up !

Yes Mr. 'B'. That's exactly what J F needs to try and do.

Instead of talking the walk...'walk the walk'.

GO PACKERS !

CaptainD
06-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Any question RE: J F and his chemistry concerns last season with AR should 'only' emphasize that he's aware of the obvious pitfall of no OTA's last season and thus 'no proper time' to work out routes and snags with his QB. Absolutey the TRUTH and thus not any question regarding JM's mouth and complaining instead of simply...

going out there and competing with his arrogance or himself and catching the damn pill. He's this, was that, is going to be whatever. Juat catch the 'fricken' ball. Stop comparing himself with any other TE in the NFL and admit he'll never be any Tony Gonzalez but simply desires to improve his overall skills at the position and contribute more to our success. If he does that we are closer to saying we are a legit favourite to win another Super Bowl Crown.

That's all that matters. That's the legitimate focus of all men on our 53 man roster.

NOT that players statistics. Certainly NOT how well any player stacks up Vs any other player at his position in the NFL.

Jermichael Finley should learn to shut his mouth and concentrate on learning to be a complete TE. Relax and catch the ball.

:tup: Amen !

Let's not forget Fin was out most of the SB year and last season coming back from injury he heard foot steps most of the time. Finley has ALWAYS had issues with engaging his mouth with out his brain being on.

I will say in Finleys defense that Jason Wilde is a #@$# snake who tends to manipulate a players mood or statement. Do not like Mr.Wilde in at all.

woodbuck27
06-02-2012, 08:58 AM
When you read the whole thing, there's really nothing to spark a controversy over. I'm not talking about George Cumby, who has retracted his initial statement after reading the whole thing. I'm talking about the numbnuts who commented at the end of the entire article. Sounds like Finley just wants to get so fluid and have such good muscle memory that he doesn't have to think things out. Which will help him focus on catching the ball. It's all good, no problems.

If you want problems, read up on the Detroit Lions. Nick Fairley, Titus Young, et al - a posse of me-first attitude over there.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7C57?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

" Bill Ford Jr. says the Detroit Lions are “dealing with it in-house” when it comes to the rash of embarrassing offseason arrests that have painted the franchise in a negative light.

The Lions attained a reputation for being undisciplined on the field last season with a slew of bad penalties and fines, most notably the Ndamukong Suh Thanksgiving Day incident when he stomped on the arm of a Green Bay Packers offensive lineman.

Now, they’ve taken that undisciplined perception to a new level. Running back Mikel Leshoure was arrested twice earlier this offseason for marijuana possession. He was a second-round draft pick last year. First-round draft pick Nick Fairley has separate arrests for DUI and marijuana possession. " Fr. LINK

LINK for the rest of this story.

pbmax
06-02-2012, 06:21 PM
He was rehabbing his injury as well, so lockout or no, his practice time would have been more limited that usual. Its not much different than most of us were saying early in the season. I was surprised he didn't recover his football legs and hands faster, but I believe he will. He wants to be great and its difficult to complain about that.

BZnDallas
06-03-2012, 01:35 AM
He was rehabbing his injury as well, so lockout or no, his practice time would have been more limited that usual. Its not much different than most of us were saying early in the season. I was surprised he didn't recover his football legs and hands faster, but I believe he will. He wants to be great and its difficult to complain about that.

i agree, and he doesn't show up to OTAs like Martellus Bennett at +290lbs... Marty B was taken before JFin in the same draft... I've always liked to compare the two... not a hard thing to do but TT showing JJ up... and to think a witten and fin TE combo sounds nasty... but hey thats just one mans opinion

Pugger
06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
If he can return to his 2009 form - and as Packer fans we should all hope so! - nobody will pay much attention to what he says. ;-)

Fritz
06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
It's because of Shawn Slocum that JMike talks and tweets so much.

denverYooper
06-05-2012, 03:54 PM
It's because of Shawn Slocum that JMike talks and tweets so much.

It's almost Wednesday!

BobDobbs
06-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Sometimes I think that our fan base has grown pathologically afraid of anything that rocks the boat. He's twenty-five and when people ask a question he answers it. Awesome. It's just that we really don't have anyone on the team that steps out of the box and we all parse football players statements like it's a four star general at a news conference or testimony at a murder trial.

I really hope that he chills out and just has a fantastic year just to shut up all the bitching and moaning.

Brandon494
06-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Sometimes I think that our fan base has grown pathologically afraid of anything that rocks the boat. He's twenty-five and when people ask a question he answers it. Awesome. It's just that we really don't have anyone on the team that steps out of the box and we all parse football players statements like it's a four star general at a news conference or testimony at a murder trial.

I really hope that he chills out and just has a fantastic year just to shut up all the bitching and moaning.

repped!

RashanGary
06-09-2012, 09:22 PM
The new Finley article. . . . . I have to admit. I'm a believer. Last year, there was something wrong. He wasn't on the same page with the offense. Something was off a tick. Well, every player isn't Greg Jennings, adjusting his routes exactly as AR expects him. Every player isn't a tactician.

Finley might not be that, and he might have been trying too hard to be that. One thing we have to remember, not everyone is a Finley either.

Maybe giving Finley a little more of a cut and dry role on the field, rather than leaving so much area open for miscommunications can be a good idea. If AR knows where Finley is going to be, he'll go there more. If Finley has a set spot where he's supposed to be, he'll probably be there more.

Some guys are tacticians. See Aaron Rodgers. Other guys are ballers. See Brett Favre. Greg Jennings vs Jermichael Finley. It's a contrast, but both work. My son brought home a Favre DVD from school. We watched it. Favre talked about his first game. He said he was getting his ass kicked, said it was like a Chinese fire drill, then Holmgren started calling a couple simple plays over and over again. Favre lit up the scene and did it for another, oh, 17 years or so. Eventually Favre become more of a tactician too, but beast mode got him by early in his career.

I think that's what Finley needs. He doesn't need to be out there thinknig about how to adjust this route or that route. He needs to just have a route and play ball. Finley is a fucking beast. It's time the Packers got on board and let him act like one, instead of trying to transform him into something he's not.

pbmax
06-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Finley wants to get to a point where he's not counting his steps, not over-thinking. He praises new tight ends coach Jerry Fontenot, who replaced Ben McAdoo, as someone who'll let him freestyle. In meetings, they go over a play and move on.

"I love Ben, but that's what guys want," Finley said. "They want guys who have played in the league. They know that when we're in the meeting room, let's not go over this play 500 times. It's not college. We're grown men. We're supposed to get this."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/finley-ready-to-relax-shed-his-worries-and-dominate-nj5n1mg-158323385.html

This is the only thing that worries me that I have seen. And its all about context here. Freestyling is paraphrased to be the subject of his praise for Fontenot as is our understanding of what freestyling means. Finley has been dinged for footwork and attention to detail before. That critique may well have come directly (or indirectly) from McAdoo. But if Fontentot is to succeed, I am not sure less attention to detail is the way to go.

gbgary
06-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't understand the negative comments. all he ever says, or tweets, are positive things...how much he loves the fans, team mates, an playing here, how he wants to help us get another sb. the slocum jokes have more validity than the finley attitude questions.

Smeefers
06-10-2012, 10:15 PM
For me Gary, it was just time getting used to him. When he first came around, he was already talking like he was the best thing since sliced bread. Sure, Sharpe did that stuff all the time back in the day, but he delivered on a regular basis, so that shut everyone up. Finely couldn't back up his mouth with his play. If he was out there playing like Sharpe, people wouldn't give a shit if he talked like him. I've gotten used to him though. Once I realized that I was taking things way to seriously with him, I've actually paid attention to what he says and when I can take something he says as good or bad, I choose good. Ever since I've taken that approach, he hasn't said anything that bothered me.

I dont' know, maybe I'm wrong about Sharpe, I was a kid when he was playing, but when I think of Sharpe, I think of a reporter chasing him down the middle of the street while he was demanding to be the top payed WR by a dollar.

Pugger
06-11-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't understand the negative comments. all he ever says, or tweets, are positive things...how much he loves the fans, team mates, an playing here, how he wants to help us get another sb. the slocum jokes have more validity than the finley attitude questions.

I don't either. Before he hurt his knee he was playing great. He had a down year in 2011 but if you look at his stats they weren't as horrible as one would think by listening to some folks blasting him every time he tweets. I don't pay too much attention to what he says. A lot of young athletes say a lot of stupid stuff. He is well liked by his teammates and his coaches. I suspect they know what he is like better than any of us posting on message boards.

gbgary
06-11-2012, 07:56 PM
I don't either. Before he hurt his knee he was playing great. He had a down year in 2011 but if you look at his stats they weren't as horrible as one would think by listening to some folks blasting him every time he tweets. I don't pay too much attention to what he says. A lot of young athletes say a lot of stupid stuff. He is well liked by his teammates and his coaches. I suspect they know what he is like better than any of us posting on message boards.

the thing is he doesn't say stupid stuff and his tweets are mostly boring family stuff. the rest are sports related like "who's going to win tonight?" etc. he made a pro union tweet before the recall vote. "getting ready for my workout" "we're going here for dinner" "i'm headed there for this function" stuff like this all day long. i get being critical of his play but saying he has a bad attitude or is some kind of cancer or embarrassment to the team is ridiculous. he says he's ready for a kick ass season and isn't going to be affected mentally by stuff like last year. sounds like good stuff to me.

Pugger
06-11-2012, 08:05 PM
the thing is he doesn't say stupid stuff and his tweets are mostly boring family stuff. the rest are sports related like "who's going to win tonight?" etc. he made a pro union tweet before the recall vote. "getting ready for my workout" "we're going here for dinner" "i'm headed there for this function" stuff like this all day long. i get being critical of his play but saying he has a bad attitude or is some kind of cancer or embarrassment to the team is ridiculous. he says he's ready for a kick ass season and isn't going to be affected mentally by stuff like last year. sounds like good stuff to me.

Then why is he such a polarizing figure? I don't follow athletes' tweets so I didn't know all he was saying.

Smeefers
06-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Then why is he such a polarizing figure? I don't follow athletes' tweets so I didn't know all he was saying.

Cause, remember that one time when he criticize Rodgers when he was dropping the ball his rookie year? Yeah, that's it. Maybe the super bowl picture fiasco too.

wootah
06-12-2012, 09:44 AM

He's polarizing because he didn't play up to his standards. If he was playing lights out, he would get away with murder.

pbmax
06-12-2012, 10:21 AM
He's polarizing because he didn't play up to his standards. If he was playing lights out, he would get away with murder.

This is the key one, though the talking and yapping are always going to turn off a segment of the fan base.

If he had had two years like the 2nd half of 09 or the first half of 10, then we would be talking about retiring his jersey and how cheap his contract is compared to Gronk. As it is, he hasn't delivered consistently yet.

George Cumby
06-12-2012, 11:02 AM
This is the key one, though the talking and yapping are always going to turn off a segment of the fan base.

If he had had two years like the 2nd half of 09 or the first half of 10, then we would be talking about retiring his jersey and how cheap his contract is compared to Gronk. As it is, he hasn't delivered consistently yet.

Right. We've all seen the potential and want to see him live up to it. If you are going to draw attention to yourself, catch those easy balls.

That being said, I wish I hadn't started this thread. I did so on the basis of limited information which was taken largely out of context (Damned Florio!) and now it won't die. :oops:

The flip side is how lucky are we as Packers fans? We are arguing about whether or not our unbelievably talented tight end has an attitude problem. As fans, we are horribly spoiled.

Smidgeon
06-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Right. We've all seen the potential and want to see him live up to it. If you are going to draw attention to yourself, catch those easy balls.

That being said, I wish I hadn't started this thread. I did so on the basis of limited information which was taken largely out of context (Damned Florio!) and now it won't die. :oops:

The flip side is how lucky are we as Packers fans? We are arguing about whether or not our unbelievably talented tight end has an attitude problem. As fans, we are horribly spoiled.

I'm okay being spoiled like that. :)

Fritz
06-12-2012, 12:03 PM

Not only did you start the thread based on Florio's out-of-context work, you also plagiarized. I believe the underlined above was originally spoken by Elton John.