PDA

View Full Version : Deaths....Wtf?

SnakeLH2006
06-03-2012, 03:45 AM
So I've had deaths in the family..my best bro died at 33 w a diebetic seizure out the blue last fall..Now my 28 best bud who had no kids who took custody of 4 abused kids from his druggie abusive sister/husband now in prison...best guy ever...talked to him last nite..kids found him dead in tub this morn..His girl is BFF w me...Im distraught as fuck.

Little Whiskey
06-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Sorry to hear that snake. that is some tough shit to go thru. I cannot imagine. i'm praying for you

woodbuck27
06-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Holy Moses Snake I cannot imagine your pain. We never really know that in another person but your feeling sick right now and reaching out to Packerrats to just get it out of you and that's a good thing man. I know a hundred questions are whirling in your brain. Did you miss something when you last spoke to your close Bud...stuff like that ....but man..... you cannot often change what your unaware of or otherwise failed to pick up. Take the positive of at least you spoke to him in his last hours. You always have that Snake.

Just do you best to be with those who loved your friend in common>>>that is your place until the funeral. Healing will take some time.Just understand the grieving process and live it Snake.

My sincere condolences for your GREAT loss man.

MJZiggy
06-03-2012, 09:38 AM
There's no real other way to say it than that just totally sucks. If you can, try to keep a watch on those kids. They completely need someone right now.

MadtownPacker
06-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Hey Snake I know we always talk alot of crap but Im truly sorry for your loss. Stay strong man.

Upnorth
06-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Wow, that is some bad times. I am so sorry for the loss, and will pray for blessings for you and those 4 kids.

George Cumby
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I am so sorry, Snake. Hang in there. Stay strong.

No shame in speaking to a grief counselor.

SnakeLH2006
06-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the kind words...it's been a rough week..my work helped w the funeral and I've spearheaded 2 charity events..just devastating not only for my friend and his girl i've known for a long time..but for the kids..2 are going back w a different father..I'm really humbled and at a loss for words with how life can be so unpredictable despite my perceived brashness/persona..trust me..Snake cares more than u know..thanks again.

SnakeLH2006
01-06-2013, 03:25 AM
So now I'm off to another funeral tomorrow (Sunday) cuz an ole buddy (another bro I grew up with) hung himself on New Year's Eve....over some BS with some tramp that fucked him over with his kid. I'm not even sad so much as pissed....cuz he was an awesomely nice guy too...and a HUGE Packer fan....but just kinda like WTF as this shit (4 buddies between 28-35 died of unnatural causes that were awesome people over that last 14 months) keeps happening. Snake is ok...My girl/life is great...but WTF as this shit shouldn't be happening. I'm kinda numb and getting used to it...but think that the economy/stress/psych drugs are to blame. Snake drinks much less than he used to...but still enjoys a beer...but I don't do drugs of any street or even prescribed types...Yet...seems like shitty luck. I'm just numb and work too much/enjoy life to even think about it...and I'm sick as fuck and gotta go the funeral in 9 hours. Snake isn't bringing the GF cuz she didn't know him...and takes it really hard. Damn this shit sucks.

SnakeLH2006
01-06-2013, 03:42 AM
Downing a few PBR's and listening to Korn is helping...but doubt I'll sleep much...Worked a ton this week...and never had time to really think about it...but damn...and I'm sick as hell...so sick of going to see dead people. It seems like society is crumbling for folks with weaker mindsets...Snake's is strong as hell and my cocky persona/bravado is legit...yet it's hard to deal with all this damage in the last year or so...Everyone looks up to me at my work/personal life/family...yet I used to get numb/now feel kinda vulnerable cuz it's hitting home at every facet...as it's hitting home now. I dunno. Just love your kids/significant others/family...cuz it's pretty unpredicatable shit apparently. The upside is I'm posting on here now and have a few PBR's in me and doubt I'll sleep. :jig:

Kiwon
01-06-2013, 04:47 AM
I really appreciate your honesty.

I wish I could do something to help. It sounds like you are already processing a lot of things, including recognizing some of the causes, stressors, for your friends' deaths.

The suicide may be the toughest. In Japan and Korea, suicide can be portrayed a noble or even glamorous. It's neither. Becoming hopeless and destroying yourself is the saddest end to life imaginable. It leaves so much pain behind for family and close friends.

Hang in there, buddy. Take it day-by-day and try to learn something helpful, either positive or negative, from your friends sudden deaths.

red
01-06-2013, 08:36 AM
real shitty news snake

hang in there man