PDA

View Full Version : Sould the packers try A. Carroll at saftey?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-18-2006, 08:04 PM
I think he could do good ar free saftey with his speed......

the_idle_threat
08-18-2006, 08:13 PM
I vote "no" as in no for now---b/c I don't see a need for it yet. Ultimately, it is probably a good idea when he is a bit older.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-18-2006, 08:16 PM
I vote "no" as in no for now---b/c I don't see a need for it yet. Ultimately, it is probably a good idea when he is a bit older.

Was thinking he should maybe get some reps, considering the injury's at saftey.

BallHawk
08-18-2006, 08:26 PM
He's not magicaly going to become better by switching positions. He's put lots of work in becoming a better CB, moving him will just set him back. We're fine at saftey, for now, and we have rising players in Culver and Underwood. Not to mention, our soon to be Pro-Bowler, Nick Collins. He'll be ready when Harris slows down.

Partial
08-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I think he'd be a good safety if he was bigger. He lacks the ball skills and is grabby, so maybe playing over the top would benefit him. He loves hitting and in my opinion, safeties are generally in position to make the biggest hits. I have discussed this many times over with my roomate, and we both concluded he's got the physical tools and the attitude.

Scott Campbell
08-18-2006, 08:40 PM
He's more valuable as the nickle back anyway, so I voted to leave him at CB.

MadtownPacker
08-19-2006, 12:42 PM
How is he gonna play safety when he takes Harris or Woodson's job?

woodbuck27
08-19-2006, 01:15 PM
NOT YET !!

ahaha
08-19-2006, 01:26 PM
If we got desperate at safety, I'd rather they tried Woodson there. That's what the Bucs wanted him for. Some scouts think he could be an all-pro safety at this point in his career. Make Carroll the other starting CB. Of course, this is only if we get desperate.