PDA

View Full Version : Why I believe the NFC 'NORTH' will be the most exciting/competitive Division in the NFL in 2012.

woodbuck27
06-08-2012, 01:17 PM
It will start with this prediction:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1213673-why-the-minnesota-vikings-will-shock-the-world-in-2012?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-vikings

Why the Minnesota Vikings Will Shock the World in 2012

By Sam Monson (Featured Columnist) on June 8, 2012

" Every season, teams that nobody expected to do anything become unexpectedly legitimate and make a serious push for the playoffs. Despite playing in one of the league’s toughest divisions on paper, this season that team will be the Minnesota Vikings, and I’m going to tell you why. " Fr. LINK

MadScientist
06-08-2012, 01:33 PM
I can agree to the title of your post, but not the title of the article you linked to.

That guy has to be hitting a serious amount of purple drank to actually believe what he wrote. Better? Sure. Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!!!?????

6-10 is realistic for them, anything better should be considered a successful season with hope for the future.

RashanGary
06-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I can agree to the title of your post, but not the title of the article you linked to.

That guy has to be hitting a serious amount of purple drank to actually believe what he wrote. Better? Sure. Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!!!?????

6-10 is realistic for them, anything better should be considered a successful season with hope for the future.

The Vikings suck. The Bears are right behind them with the aging crap. Sure, they have Cutler and Marshall now, same as the Vikings have Peterson and Allen, but when your whole core is aging off the map, a couple great players doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

The Bears may hang on, who knows, but they're real close to disaster unless they somehow have a young core built up that I've never seen anything from.

The Lions and Packers are legit. Injuries aside, I think the Packers are a cinch to be in the elite 4 or 5. It would be surprising if the Lions are bad, but injuries aside, I don't see them on the Packers level.

Ho hum division IMO. Bears could make it a heck of a division, but I'm betting they take a step back. In fact, I'd be curious to see the over/under on their total wins. If it's 10 or so, I'm probably going to throw a hundred on the under. Will have to do a little research, but they're a team I see crumbling fast. If not now, very shortly.

Upnorth
06-08-2012, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't right off the bears to quick. Its fun to make fun of them, but they were 7-3 last year with cutler. They have definately improved this offseason, so they are a threat. I don't think they are as good as the lions, but thrid in this division would make you the division champ in half of the other divisions.

No that is an exageration, it would make you division champ in the AFC W and NFC W. Also the AFC S if houston falls backwards this year.

Lurker64
06-09-2012, 01:51 AM
The NFC North should put two teams in the playoffs, and we all know who those two teams are right now. There's an outside shot that Chicago can challenge for a wildcard spot, but I don't like the age on that team. Minnesota is likely one of the 5-6 worst teams in the league.

It's not like the NFC North is the only division with 3 good teams, the AFC North will probably be more competitive anyway.

Smeefers
06-09-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm not willing to write off the bears yet. Jay Cutler is a legit QB. He's taken his hits in the media, but when he's on, he's a sniper. Even when he's off, he still gives you a good chance to win the game. Lovie Smith is a defensive genious. The Bears D has been banged up and old for years now, but they always seem to be a top D every year. He's probably one of the few guys in the league that I'd be happy with if we lost MM. But now I can't, because he's a bears coach. That'd be like having Ditka as your coach. Yuck.

Fritz
06-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Mike Ditka has become a brand. A caricature.

denverYooper
06-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I still think the NFC West could be interesting. Seattle and Arizona showed some spunk last year and the Rams should be better if they don't have to put their first 35 cornerbacks on the DL.

denverYooper
06-13-2012, 08:04 PM
The NFC North should put two teams in the playoffs, and we all know who those two teams are right now. There's an outside shot that Chicago can challenge for a wildcard spot, but I don't like the age on that team. Minnesota is likely one of the 5-6 worst teams in the league.

It's not like the NFC North is the only division with 3 good teams, the AFC North will probably be more competitive anyway.

That's something to watch, for sure. They don't exactly seem poised to replace their aging defensive core.

King Friday
06-13-2012, 08:34 PM
NFC East is far more "interesting" than the NFC North. The Eagles are coming off an absolute collapse last year...The Cowboys are always fun to watch crash-and-burn...the Giants are defending champs...the Redskins have the guy who might be ROTY.

gbgary
06-13-2012, 08:39 PM
the Packers will be better than last year. same offense, better defense. i think the north is ours to lose. i think the nfc east will be much more interesting.

Upnorth
06-14-2012, 09:36 AM
the Packers will be better than last year. same offense, better defense. i think the north is ours to lose. i think the nfc east will be much more interesting.

Our Defence can only get better, however I don't see how our Offense can maintain the same level as last year. They will still be phenomenal, but last year was the best passing offense in modern history, how do you do that two years in a row?

MadScientist
06-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Our Defence can only get better, however I don't see how our Offense can maintain the same level as last year. They will still be phenomenal, but last year was the best passing offense in modern history, how do you do that two years in a row?
Tell the line to beat the fucking guy in front of you when a run is called, and actually have them do it.

Every team that plays us is going to sell out for the pass. Add a bit of balance and all other teams are screwed.

Upnorth
06-14-2012, 01:50 PM
So I just read that Ponder's rating in the redzone was 114. Is it possible that Cutler will be the worst qb in the division by year end?

woodbuck27
06-18-2012, 10:12 AM

This is a thread merely for some discussion as there arn't alot of hot topics at present.

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 12:31 PM
I do not make this post to ruffel any posters feathers. Merely to make a point in terms of another posters insulting post in another thread.

In fact ....as it came down to the late Sunday afternoon game Packers @ Vikings two teams still had a shot at the playoffs and the Packers were in. The Bears needed a Packer win over the Vikings to be in. A viking win over the Packers and they were in.

That's ' an exciting division ' and 'the NFC North'; the most exciting division in the NFL this season.

GO PACKERS !