PDA

View Full Version : Bishop gives Hawk some big praise

RashanGary
06-21-2012, 08:15 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/

I'm not a big Hawk fan, but it sounds like he's a great "glue guy" and he's a good player too.

His biggest trouble in GB might be if DJ Smith is a heck of a player combined with the fact the Packers have probably more top tier talent to lock up than any other team in the league. We're going to have to cut costs somewhere.

It's more news on the played subject, but we're entering the football drought. Sometimes guys just say what they have to. I think Bishop went out of his way to dispell some of the talk that Hawk isn't an asset to the Packers.

Pugger
06-22-2012, 07:41 AM
His biggest problem in the eyes of some fans is he hasn't lived up to being the #5 overall pick in his draft class.

Tony Oday
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
As long as the coaches and other players think he has I could care less what rubes think

MadScientist
06-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Before you can even begin to do anything — to win, to line up — what if Aaron didn’t give everybody all the calls and all the audibles to the receivers? The offense would be crap. It goes the same way for the defense.
Except the defense was crap last year. So his point about what Hawk brought to it doesn't mean a whole lot.

Joemailman
06-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Except the defense was crap last year. So his point about what Hawk brought to it doesn't mean a whole lot.

Not really true. What it means is that making the right calls isn't enough if the unit doesn't execute. If nobody can get to the QB, the defense will sputter even if Hawk makes the right calls. That doesn't mean that making the right calls isn't important.

pbmax
06-23-2012, 10:04 AM
I stand by my contention. If your best qualities are getting the plays and alignment right and that you are calm, you are the Steve Bono of ILBs.

That's not good. Its replaceable. Not a bust, but a disappointment. Can you win with him? Yes.

Are you drafting his replacement each year? Probably.

packrulz
06-25-2012, 05:18 AM
Hawk's effort has always been there, but you can't teach speed. He will always be a liability in the passing game.

Brandon494
06-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Hawk and Peprah both need to be replaced on this defense.

Zool
06-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Hawk and Peprah both need to be replaced on this defense.

2nd