PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers ranked #1 in NFL Network’s Top 100

Jimx29
06-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Well, DUH.....

http://blog.packers.com/2012/06/27/rodgers-ranked-1-on-nfl-networks-top-100/

KYPack
06-27-2012, 09:23 PM
I know Numby, but I'd rather see him not rated 1.

Bad luck, and all that shit.

MJZiggy
06-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Eh. Tom Brady was rated number 1 everywhere for years and he did fine while wearing that stigma...

Patler
06-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Eh. Tom Brady was rated number 1 everywhere for years and he did fine while wearing that stigma...

How many Super Bowls has Brady won since being widely recognized as the #1 QB/player? The last was after his fourth season as a starter (2004 season).

How successful was Favre in the playoffs after he was widely considered "the best"?

Starr, on the other hand, was generally always considered "second fiddle" to Unitas until after he won 5 Championships.

We are entering a delicate time in Aaron Rodgers' career. He should be protected from all curses, bad omens, affronts to kharma etc. Packer fans everywhere should vote against Rodgers at every opportunity! :-D :-D

RashanGary
06-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Holy Crap!

I'm still stunned at how great AR tuned out.

Iron Mike
06-28-2012, 07:49 AM
http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Brett-Favre.jpghttp://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/406/u_jelly.jpg

Kiwon
06-28-2012, 08:23 AM
A-Rod's definitely #1. Matthews at #27? I don't know about that ranking.

Smeefers
06-28-2012, 08:40 AM
I thought Mathews was ranked a little high at 27, considering he had an off year. I'm not saying he's a poor player, I'm just saying there were several OLB's ahead of him last year. Harrison and Ware just off the top of my head.

Upnorth
06-28-2012, 08:50 AM
So in the NFCN Arod, Stafford and Cutler are all upper tier qb's. Add to that Ponder had a 114 passer rating in the red zone and you just gotta ask, has there ever been such a group of top end qb's lumped into one division ever before?
I know this is off topic, but it appears that the NFCN has air superiority to an unheard of degree.

Oh, and I think Arod is ranked to low, hehehe.

Smidgeon
06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
I thought Mathews was ranked a little high at 27, considering he had an off year. I'm not saying he's a poor player, I'm just saying there were several OLB's ahead of him last year. Harrison and Ware just off the top of my head.

I don't think he was ranked too high. If anything, I think he was ranked a little low. Even without the sack numbers, he was second (I believe) in the league in QB pressures. That's still quite impressive and doesn't speak to a down year at all.

Guiness
06-28-2012, 03:34 PM
So in the NFCN Arod, Stafford and Cutler are all upper tier qb's. Add to that Ponder had a 114 passer rating in the red zone and you just gotta ask, has there ever been such a group of top end qb's lumped into one division ever before?
I know this is off topic, but it appears that the NFCN has air superiority to an unheard of degree.

Oh, and I think Arod is ranked to low, hehehe.

Who was in Chicago when Favre and Culpepper was at the top of his game? I know Detroit had dogshit, Harrington I think. I think Chicago was in the midst of McNown/Miller/Chandler. Miller was not bad for a bit, but I think you're right, the three there now are better than what was in the division then. Although I think Cutler is vastly over-rated, not near as good as Culpepper was for a few years.

Upnorth
06-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Who was in Chicago when Favre and Culpepper was at the top of his game? I know Detroit had dogshit, Harrington I think. I think Chicago was in the midst of McNown/Miller/Chandler. Miller was not bad for a bit, but I think you're right, the three there now are better than what was in the division then. Although I think Cutler is vastly over-rated, not near as good as Culpepper was for a few years.

Until last year I though Cutler was overrated, but he really is becoming a decent top 10 qb IMO. As to past NFCN qb's you have the right combination, but I ment all divisions, not just NFCN. Stafford and Cutler are both top ten, Arod is #1 and I think by the end of the year Ponder will be better than Cutler. The NFCN is looking insane.

Pugger
06-28-2012, 05:30 PM

Who can say. Didn't the bares have a dozen different QBs in the 1990s...?

Joemailman
06-28-2012, 06:10 PM

From 2000 to 2005, the Bears had the following starting quarterbacks, with number of starts in parentheses:

Cade McNown (17)
Shane Matthews (8)
Jim Miller (15)
Chris Chandler (13)
Henry Burris (1)
Kordell Stewart (7)
Rex Grossman (7)
Chad Hutchinson (5)
Craig Krenzel (5)
Jonathan Quinn (3)
Kyle Orton (15)

KYPack
06-28-2012, 08:38 PM
From 2000 to 2005, the Bears had the following starting quarterbacks, with number of starts in parentheses:

Cade McNown (17)
Shane Matthews (8)
Jim Miller (15)
Chris Chandler (13)
Henry Burris (1)
Kordell Stewart (7)
Rex Grossman (7)
Chad Hutchinson (5)
Craig Krenzel (5)
Jonathan Quinn (3)
Kyle Orton (15)

Nice job, Joe.

The Barelys are so pathetic. Wrecks G would have 28 more starts for the Bears. He was his own era, maybe the Grossman Epoch.

Fritz
06-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Wow. What a list of ne'er-do-wells and journeymen.

Little Whiskey
06-29-2012, 02:42 PM

I always thought Culpepper was overrated. It seemed all he did was get the ball in Randy Moss's general direction.

sharpe1027
06-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Until last year I though Cutler was overrated, but he really is becoming a decent top 10 qb IMO. As to past NFCN qb's you have the right combination, but I ment all divisions, not just NFCN. Stafford and Cutler are both top ten, Arod is #1 and I think by the end of the year Ponder will be better than Cutler. The NFCN is looking insane.

I can't bring myself to rate Cutler that high. Jeff George II.

Guiness
06-29-2012, 04:50 PM
I can't bring myself to rate Cutler that high. Jeff George II.

Nah, you're way off.

Jeff George had a million dollar arm and a ten cent brain.

Cutler's arm is in the $6-700K range at best, and he does do somethings right, so his brain has to be around the buck to a buck and a quarter mark at least.

Guiness
06-29-2012, 04:56 PM

Henry Burris (1)

He spent a season on the Packers practice squad before landing with the Bears for a year. He played in the CFL both before and after, and had a pretty good career with the Roughriders and Stampeders, and won a Grey Cup.
He's still playing, QB for the

Upnorth
06-30-2012, 08:07 AM
He spent a season on the Packers practice squad before landing with the Bears for a year. He played in the CFL both before and after, and had a pretty good career with the Roughriders and Stampeders, and won a Grey Cup.
He's still playing, QB for the

Now the Hamilton Tigercats and just got his ass handed to him via the Saskatchewan Roughriders 43-16!!! Go Riders Go!!

pbmax
06-30-2012, 02:16 PM
How many Super Bowls has Brady won since being widely recognized as the #1 QB/player? The last was after his fourth season as a starter (2004 season).

How successful was Favre in the playoffs after he was widely considered "the best"?

Starr, on the other hand, was generally always considered "second fiddle" to Unitas until after he won 5 Championships.

We are entering a delicate time in Aaron Rodgers' career. He should be protected from all curses, bad omens, affronts to kharma etc. Packer fans everywhere should vote against Rodgers at every opportunity! :-D :-D

We just need a media free bubble for him to live in. Kinda like The Truman Show.

pbmax
06-30-2012, 02:19 PM
For Favre's jersey retirement, they should have him enter the field and have to pass by and shake the hands of all the NFC Central/North QBs he has faced in his career. And those QBs should be in their jerseys. McMahon could appear in two of the three lines and appear near the end in an Eagles jersey.

Smidgeon
06-30-2012, 08:16 PM
For Favre's jersey retirement, they should have him enter the field and have to pass by and shake the hands of all the NFC Central/North QBs he has faced in his career. And those QBs should be in their jerseys. McMahon could appear in two of the three lines and appear near the end in an Eagles jersey.

I like this idea. A lot.

Iron Mike
07-01-2012, 08:39 AM

Then he could grab a ball from Frank Winters and throw an interception.