PDA

View Full Version : Ted Talks

3irty1
06-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Anyone else watch these?

www.ted.com

If you don't know about these, TED is the Technology Entertainment and Design conference held worldwide. Experts give talks in their respective fields, everything from scientific research and new inventions to political theory to how to wash your hands as efficiently as possible to how to make good bread.

They are short and their are millions of them. When you see a good one post it here.

MJZiggy
06-28-2012, 10:04 PM
I absolutely LOVE TED talks! There is one really cool three minute talk that got me to start a novel. I didn't do it like he said, but he did get me started. Will post links next week when I have time.

wootah
06-29-2012, 05:54 AM
I absolutely LOVE TED talks! There is one really cool three minute talk that got me to start a novel. I didn't do it like he said, but he did get me started. Will post links next week when I have time.

Links to the novel or to the 3 minute talk?

MJZiggy
06-29-2012, 07:21 AM
The three minute talk. The novel isn't far enough along.

George Cumby
06-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Bobby McFerrin does mind control:

http://www.ted.com/talks/bobby_mcferrin_hacks_your_brain_with_music.html

George Cumby
06-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Frans de Waal:

http://www.ted.com/talks/frans_de_waal_do_animals_have_morals.html

swede
06-29-2012, 12:48 PM
I wrote a novel in three minutes.

The Amazon excerpt is:

All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. Not really. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. Not really. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. Not really. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.

hoosier
06-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Swede, darling? Light of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya.....

hoosier
06-29-2012, 01:09 PM
...You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.

MJZiggy
06-29-2012, 04:59 PM
I wrote a novel in three minutes.

The Amazon excerpt is:

All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. Not really. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. Not really. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. Not really. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.

http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html

3irty1
06-29-2012, 05:50 PM
The three minute talk. The novel isn't far enough along.

I saw that one. He talked about http://www.nanowrimo.org/

George Cumby
06-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Spine tingling:

http://www.ted.com/talks/juan_enriquez_will_our_kids_be_a_different_species .html

3irty1
07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Spine tingling:

http://www.ted.com/talks/juan_enriquez_will_our_kids_be_a_different_species .html

That guy gives several and they are all worth watching.