The Shadow
07-10-2012, 11:35 PM
1. The Packers only carry 3 tight ends this year
2. They go with 7 defensive linemen
3. 8 linebackers
4. Casey Hayward will be a big surprise contributor this year

pbmax
07-11-2012, 09:01 AM
3 TEs might mean 3 FBs. Does the 90 man roster even have that many?

pbmax
07-11-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't know why I didn't think of this before. James Jones will simply play some FB.

Upnorth
07-11-2012, 09:57 AM
I hope the shadow is right on this one.
I also think that Randal Cobb will throw a TD this year.
Also Raji will catch one (either on O or D)

smuggler
07-11-2012, 01:32 PM
We beat the Giants, 49ers. We lose to the Texans, Seahawks.

Tony Oday
07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Alex Green fails and Starks is hurt 7th week in and the Pack have no running game for the second year in a row

Joemailman
07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
1. The Packers only carry 3 tight ends this year I think 4. Taylor and Williams are young guys with potential. Crabtree is core special teams. And Finley
2. They go with 7 defensive linemen I think they will start with 6, but may go with 7 when Neal is eligible.
3. 8 linebackers They might try to get by with 8, especially if they want to keep 6 WR's.
4. Casey Hayward will be a big surprise contributor this year Agreed. As I said in another thread, he strikes as the kind of smart young player who could contribute right away. Think Craig Newsome.

Freak Out
07-11-2012, 05:19 PM
We beat the Giants, 49ers. We lose to the Texans, Seahawks.

The Packers beat the Seahawks.

Iron Mike
07-11-2012, 05:45 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/208858_442639532434276_1249958024_n.jpg

swede
07-11-2012, 06:31 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/208858_442639532434276_1249958024_n.jpg

Where did you get the rare 1974 edition? Subsequent issues were titled "The Chicago Bears Get Kicked in the Butkis"

RashanGary
07-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I completely agree with your prediction on Casey Hayward. CB's who's instincts and awareness that are faster than the game tend to be good players. Not a bad athlete either. Straight line speed, not elite, but he's athletic in every other way.

I could see DJ Williams playing a lot more than we might think. He has a unique skillset, sort of an H-back type player. I like versatile players like that, it makes matching personnel difficult. It would help our run game to have 2 TE's on the field, and as good of a pass catcher as Finley is (and as good of a pass catcher I think Williams can be) I think it makes for a very unpredictable package.

Alex Green is coming off a very serious injury. If he can be worked into the mix slowly, he could add a dimension to our wide-open packages as the season progresses.

The front 7 is a huge wait and see. The defense overall is. It's hard to say who's going to step up out of that group, but with Perry, Worthy, Daniels and Heyward in the mix, along with House, MD Jennings, Burnett and a few other guys with some experience under their belts and an offseason. . . . It can't get much worse, and just looking at numbers of new, talented players. . . . Odds are, a couple of them are going to be ballers. Matthews and Raji should bounce back. They should get some help this year.

Neal and Jolly are wildcards too. Hargrove too. There is some talent getting mixed in, no doubt.

Rutnstrut
07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Saturday doesn't make 6 games at center, Wells will be hugely missed.

Bretsky
07-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Saturday has another stellar year at center
Well is barely missed

BobDobbs
07-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I Morgan Burnett is going to have a stand out year.
Sam Shields will be the nickle back.
Randall Cobb will score on a throw, pass reception, run, and return (pass the kool aid)
The offensive line will look good in the pre-season, start off slow then come together by the end of the year.
The pass rush will be improved.

Rutnstrut
07-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Saturday has another stellar year at center
Well is barely missed

Want to bet on that?

BobDobbs
07-11-2012, 08:32 PM
1. The Packers only carry 3 tight ends this year
2. They go with 7 defensive linemen
3. 8 linebackers
4. Casey Hayward will be a big surprise contributor this year

I think there's way more talent at linebacker than DL no reason to carry 7 DL especially with the two suspensions. At LB besides our starting four we've got DJ Smith he can play. Nick Perry is a first rounder, Moses and Manning both have some rookie buzz and Brad Jones, Walden, Francois and Zombo have all contributed. Plus So'oto and Lattimore looked pretty good in preseason last year. And it's a more valuable position on special teams. No reason to short change the position on the roster

Brando19
07-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Graham Harrell doesn't make the roster. Coleman is our 3rd QB. The Packers backup QB will be either Colt McCoy or Donovan McNabb. Also, there's a chance Ryan Grant is brought back before the year is over.

Joemailman
07-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Graham Harrell doesn't make the roster. Coleman is our 3rd QB. The Packers backup QB will be either Colt McCoy or Donovan McNabb. Also, there's a chance Ryan Grant is brought back before the year is over.

TT wouldn't consider McNabb. Washed up veterans who don't know they're washed up aren't TT's thing. I doubt McCoy wants to go to a team who has a Pro Bowl QB for the next 5-10 years. He wants to start. If Harrell has improved his arm strength, as has been reported, he could be pretty good.

Bretsky
07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Want to bet on that?

No way to measure that
Let's cut through the crap
Here is something to measure

Ted Thompson is an outstanding General Manager

Super Bowl Championships with Ted Thompson= 1
Super Bowls Championships in previous 30 plus years before Ted= 1

Ted Thompson is out outstanding GM and I trust that he founda capable replacement at a position, that frankly, is not worth paying nearly what Wells got

Rutnstrut
07-11-2012, 11:01 PM
No way to measure that

Ted Thompson is out outstanding GM and I trust that he founda capable replacement at a position, that frankly, is not worth paying nearly what Wells got

I will agree with you that TT is a great GM, IMO one of the best in the NFL. However I believe he made a major mistake on the Wells deal, I really hope I am wrong. I have no problem being wrong if it means the Pack is winning and playing great.

HarveyWallbangers
07-12-2012, 12:43 AM
No way to measure that

What happened to the real Bretsky?

Tony Oday
07-12-2012, 07:00 AM
I always supported Wells you can check my posts. He got paid too much for a position that the Pack continually were trying to improve.

sharpe1027
07-12-2012, 09:12 AM
I predict that at least one of the predictions in this thread will not come true.

Upnorth
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
I predict that at least one of the predictions in this thread will not come true.

I predict Sharpe will get his first prediction right.

Also our running game will become better of left and right tackle, worse up the middle.

smuggler
07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
I predict Sharpe will get his first prediction right.

Thank you both for ensuring that the space-time continuum is kept from irrevocably damage.

Brandon494
07-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Davon House will be a surprise this year and also a future starter.
James Starks and Alex Green will split carries 60/40.
Top 10 defense.
Sherrod will win the starting job at LT

KYPack
07-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Davon House will be a surprise this year and also a future starter.
James Starks and Alex Green will split carries 60/40.
Top 10 defense.
Sherrod will win the starting job at LT

I'll be happy if he plays this year, Brandon.

His leg got torn up bad against the "Chefs"

I think you'll be right in '13.

Brandon494
07-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Reports coming out of camp is that he'll be ready to compete at the start of training camp.

BobDobbs
07-12-2012, 11:14 PM
The Brett Favre thread will get pushed to the second page.

Please God let it be so.

MadtownPacker
07-12-2012, 11:16 PM
I predict that no matter what happens this season we will all find something to bitch and moan about.

Fritz
07-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Mike McCarthy will develop a hemorrhoid.

Zool
07-13-2012, 09:38 AM
The Packers will have a winning record despite on-going defensive struggles.

LP
07-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I predict that no matter what happens this season we will all find something to bitch and moan about.

Vegas have any odd's on this?

RashanGary
07-13-2012, 02:31 PM

Let the bitching about the Packers drama commence. Not a snap of TC, let alone real games has begun, but let's get this party started!!!

denverYooper
07-13-2012, 03:12 PM
They'll change the weight program to include trips to the salvage yard. Worthy will injure his back trying to deadlift a Chevy big block V8 and we'll all blame it on a lack of work ethic.

hoosier
07-13-2012, 03:36 PM
The Lions record at GB since 1992 will improve to 0-22.

swede
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Mike McCarthy will develop a hemorrhoid.

...and trade him for a second round pick.

RUnuts
07-13-2012, 08:40 PM
At midseason the Chicago Forest Munchers will completely run out of Offensive Linemen and pick up two players from the now defunct Lingerie League.

pbmax
07-14-2012, 10:39 AM
They'll change the weight program to include trips to the salvage yard. Worthy will injure his back trying to deadlift a Chevy big block V8 and we'll all blame it on a lack of work ethic.

Fire Mark Lovat!

Bretsky
07-14-2012, 03:59 PM
What happened to the real Bretsky?

The real Bretsky was drunk on Kool Aide :)
We're set up pretty well right now for a run over the next 10 years
Bretsky gives TTT credit

Pugger
07-14-2012, 04:11 PM
I completely agree with your prediction on Casey Hayward. CB's who's instincts and awareness that are faster than the game tend to be good players. Not a bad athlete either. Straight line speed, not elite, but he's athletic in every other way.

I could see DJ Williams playing a lot more than we might think. He has a unique skillset, sort of an H-back type player. I like versatile players like that, it makes matching personnel difficult. It would help our run game to have 2 TE's on the field, and as good of a pass catcher as Finley is (and as good of a pass catcher I think Williams can be) I think it makes for a very unpredictable package.

Alex Green is coming off a very serious injury. If he can be worked into the mix slowly, he could add a dimension to our wide-open packages as the season progresses.

The front 7 is a huge wait and see. The defense overall is. It's hard to say who's going to step up out of that group, but with Perry, Worthy, Daniels and Heyward in the mix, along with House, MD Jennings, Burnett and a few other guys with some experience under their belts and an offseason. . . . It can't get much worse, and just looking at numbers of new, talented players. . . . Odds are, a couple of them are going to be ballers. Matthews and Raji should bounce back. They should get some help this year.

Neal and Jolly are wildcards too. Hargrove too. There is some talent getting mixed in, no doubt.

You're right, the front 7 couldn't have been much worse last season save CM3 so they have no where to go but up. Happily rushing the passer is something a player either has or hasn't, much like RBs who can make a splash as rookies, so I'm thinking Perry and Worthy will be fun to watch this year.

Pugger
07-14-2012, 04:15 PM
TT wouldn't consider McNabb. Washed up veterans who don't know they're washed up aren't TT's thing. I doubt McCoy wants to go to a team who has a Pro Bowl QB for the next 5-10 years. He wants to start. If Harrell has improved his arm strength, as has been reported, he could be pretty good.

Of course McCoy had to see how the QB coaching at 1265 helped Matt Flynn so he might figure MM and company will help him improve too.

RashanGary
07-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Of course McCoy had to see how the QB coaching at 1265 helped Matt Flynn so he might figure MM and company will help him improve too.

I was a huge fan of McCoy after he ripped us up in the preseason. I would not be shocked if he turned out to be a player. It was vanilla defense, of course, so he could suck too.

I have a hunch McCarthy has a big hard-on for Graham Harrell. I just get those vibes.

Joemailman
07-14-2012, 10:05 PM
I was a huge fan of McCoy after he ripped us up in the preseason. I would not be shocked if he turned out to be a player. It was vanilla defense, of course, so he could suck too.

I have a hunch McCarthy has a big hard-on for Graham Harrell. I just get those vibes.

I suspect MM thinks Harrell can be better than Flynn. Ever see his college stats? http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/graham-harrell-1.html Reports are that he has improved his arm strength (as did Rodgers and Flynn once im MM's system).

The Shadow
07-16-2012, 12:18 AM
I suspect MM thinks Harrell can be better than Flynn. Ever see his college stats? http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/graham-harrell-1.html Reports are that he has improved his arm strength (as did Rodgers and Flynn once im MM's system).

The Packers can certainly develop quarterbacks!

Brandon494
07-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Harrell will never be as good as Flynn. He put up big numbers at Texas Tech in a spread offense in which they passed it 80% of the time. I do believe we found another steal at QB in the 7th though, I see BJ Coleman becoming the next Matt Flynn for us.

sharpe1027
07-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Harrell will never be as good as Flynn. He put up big numbers at Texas Tech in a spread offense in which they passed it 80% of the time. I do believe we found another steal at QB in the 7th though, I see BJ Coleman becoming the next Matt Flynn for us.

Maybe, I could also seem him as being the next Ingle Martin. Hard to tell with late round QBs.

pbmax
07-16-2012, 06:23 PM

And how would you describe the Packers one back and no-huddle offenses?

smuggler
07-17-2012, 06:31 AM
You're right, the front 7 couldn't have been much worse last season save CM3 so they have no where to go but up. Happily rushing the passer is something a player either has or hasn't, much like RBs who can make a splash as rookies, so I'm thinking Perry and Worthy will be fun to watch this year.

Not entirely true. Bishop was a nice plus player for us. He was quite good against the run and had some success when blitzing. He was nothing to write home about in coverage, but was better than Hawk.

Fritz
07-17-2012, 09:14 AM

Be careful with those blanket "nevers" and "always" and all that bravado with the predictions. It makes people want to hang on and bump the thread when you're wrong...

Upnorth
07-17-2012, 11:19 AM

We still don't truely know how good Flynn is. He put up amazing numbers against the NE and DET pass defences, two very poor pass defences. He looked very very good, but I will wait to see how he does in Seattle till I declare him the next Brunnell. I think he will be very good FWIW, but I also think Harrell will be very good.

Brandon494
07-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Be careful with those blanket "nevers" and "always" and all that bravado with the predictions. It makes people want to hang on and bump the thread when you're wrong...

I don't mind because I'm usually right more than I am wrong. :-)

Brandon494
07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
We still don't truely know how good Flynn is. He put up amazing numbers against the NE and DET pass defences, two very poor pass defences. He looked very very good, but I will wait to see how he does in Seattle till I declare him the next Brunnell. I think he will be very good FWIW, but I also think Harrell will be very good.

I don't know if Flynn will be a star or not but I do know he was a great backup QB to have on your roster, I'm still not sure Harrell can even be that.

Brandon494
07-17-2012, 04:19 PM
And how would you describe the Packers one back and no-huddle offenses?

True but this is the NFL. There is a reason why guys like Colt Brennan, Timmy Chang,Graham Harrell, and Case Keenum don't get drafted until the last day of the draft or go undrafted all together. The system they all played in college inflated their stats and Harrell showed me very little last preseason to make me think he has potential.