PDA

View Full Version : Bishop and Zombo.com also fail physicals

denverYooper
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/163777146.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#!page=1&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

LB Desmond Bishop (NFI);
G Jaymes Brooks
NT Johnny Jones
FB John Kuhn
TE Andrew Quarless
T Derek Sherrod
LB Frank Zombo

Patler
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Zombo won't last long on the roster.
Just not available enough.

Bretsky
07-25-2012, 06:18 PM
and not that good

denverYooper
07-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I was sort of surprised he was PUP'ed and not just released.

rbaloha1
07-25-2012, 06:41 PM
aloha zombo.

Tony Oday
07-25-2012, 09:46 PM
But he has a bad ass football name!

Patler
07-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Too bad, in flashes Zombo looked like he might be able to fill a role on the team. Not a star, but fill a role.

Anyone know what is wrong with Bishop?

KYPack
07-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Too bad, in flashes Zombo looked like he might be able to fill a role on the team. Not a star, but fill a role.

Anyone know what is wrong with Bishop?

Not specifically.

it was a non-football related injury.

We shall have to see.

sharpe1027
07-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Zombo should be kept on the roster as long as possible for his name alone.

Fritz
07-26-2012, 09:27 AM
I can't see Zombo lasting, and I'm also not sure why they didn't just release the guy. Maybe they want to keep him in case So'oto et al don't look improved enough.

I hope Bishop was not out at a club partying and shot himself in the knee cap or something. I hope he fatigued his arm helping his grandmother move into the new house he just bought her.

KYPack
07-26-2012, 09:37 AM
I can't see Zombo lasting, and I'm also not sure why they didn't just release the guy. Maybe they want to keep him in case So'oto et al don't look improved enough.

I hope Bishop was not out at a club partying and shot himself in the knee cap or something. I hope he fatigued his arm helping his grandmother move into the new house he just bought her.

Bish just got married and returned from his honeymoon. Maybe he sustained the dreaded "Honeymoon Hammy"

Fritz
07-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Maybe he was playing Batman and jumped off the dresser onto the bed and knocked himself out...

KYPack
07-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Maybe he was playing Batman and jumped off the dresser onto the bed and knocked himself out...

Ouch.

Batman reference?

Fritz, you been reading the papers lately?

smuggler
07-26-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't know what his non-footbal injury was, but he was on the field stretching today and looked fine.

Smidgeon
07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone surprised Datko passed?

KYPack
07-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Anyone surprised Datko passed?

Yeah. I was sort of hoping we could PUP the kid for 1 season.

rbaloha1
07-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Who knows -- maybe another Tauscher?

Smidgeon
07-26-2012, 11:04 AM

I didn't know what to expect from the kid. I've heard all sorts of things about his shoulder, but didn't know if it was all back together. I suppose they could IR him if he tweaks it (see Guy, Lawrence).

And Alex Green passed too. That's good news. Hopefully the knee will hold up.

Fritz
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM
What's the word on Sherrod? When's he expected back?

Guiness
07-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Wow, hadn't thought of Datko and Green. I didn't think there was much of a chance either of them would pass...well, maybe Green, but certainly not Datko. Do we know they actually took the tests? Is it possible they only did a portion of the test, kind of like guys will go to the combine but not participate in some drills?

Smidgeon
07-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Wow, hadn't thought of Datko and Green. I didn't think there was much of a chance either of them would pass...well, maybe Green, but certainly not Datko. Do we know they actually took the tests? Is it possible they only did a portion of the test, kind of like guys will go to the combine but not participate in some drills?

I would guess passing the physical means clean bill of health. Remember back a couple years when Pickett failed the conditioning portion and couldn't practice until he re-ran it?

Guiness
07-26-2012, 02:38 PM
I would guess passing the physical means clean bill of health. Remember back a couple years when Pickett failed the conditioning portion and couldn't practice until he re-ran it?

Meaning Green should be ready to go 100%. Did anyone expect that? Not resigning Grant or bringing in a vet back is a more understandable.

Patler
07-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm surprised that Green passed, not so surprised that Datko did. Datko said a couple months ago that he was cleared for unrestricted lifting, etc. I think his surgery was in September or early October. I thought Green might be out a week or two. Historically they bring guys back quite cautiously from knee surgery, and Green didn't have his until mid November.

Guiness
07-26-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm surprised that Green passed, not so surprised that Datko did. Datko said a couple months ago that he was cleared for unrestricted lifting, etc. I think his surgery was in September or early October. I thought Green might be out a week or two. Historically they bring guys back quite cautiously from knee surgery, and Green didn't have his until mid November.

Do we know anything about his knee 'injury'? I don't remember much in the way of details, hard to know what was done. I wasn't aware he even had surgery.

edit: a bit of looking tells me he had an ACL tear.

smuggler
07-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Green tore his ACL against the Vikings last year. Sherrod broke his leg against the Chiefs. Quarless tore ACL/MCL against the Giants (regular season version).

To recap the timeline of the Quarless injury:

Giants punt returner calls for fair catch, but makes a return attempt anyway.
Officials don't blow it dead. (Also didn't flag for unsportsmanlike conduct.)
Returner is tackled.
After the whistle, Quarless is blocked in the back of the knee by a guy running at full speed. Quarless was flat-footed.
Officials missed both the penalty for illegal block in the back and personal foul for low block. And they missed the late hit penalty.

Cheesehead Craig
07-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Just wanted to point out that Hawk passed his physical at least. (Waiting for Hawk bashers to chime in...)

Guiness
07-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Had the whistle gone? I don't remember that. I thought that he saw the fair catch call and pulled up.

Fritz
07-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Quarless is in a tough spot. DJ Williams looks bound and determined to be what Quarless was supposed to be: a very good pass-catcher with a little zip who is also a willing and capable blocker - a running mate for Finley.

Cheesehead Craig
07-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Quarless is in a tough spot. DJ Williams looks bound and determined to be what Quarless was supposed to be: a very good pass-catcher with a little zip who is also a willing and capable blocker - a running mate for Finley.

That was what DJ was supposed to be when he came out of college. He did win the best TE in college football award, the Chmura Award or something like that.

Brandon494
07-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Just wanted to point out that Hawk passed his physical at least. (Waiting for Hawk bashers to chime in...)

It's not like Bishop showed up out of shape, he's injured. Thank God Hawk passed his physical though, don't know what we would do without his play making ablilty on defense.

smuggler
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Had the whistle gone? I don't remember that. I thought that he saw the fair catch call and pulled up.

Yeah, just after the whistle. Like I said, Quarless was coasting because he thought the play was over long before due to the fair catch motion.

pbmax
07-30-2012, 11:10 AM
It's not like Bishop showed up out of shape, he's injured. Thank God Hawk passed his physical though, don't know what we would do without his play making ablilty on defense.

don't know what we would do without his [Hawk's] play calling ablilty on defense.

Fixed.

pbmax
07-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Bishop was hurt during his own offseason workout. Perhaps that was simply his name for his honeymoon so he could deduct it as a business expense.

Apparently, the list to which you get slotted for injuring yourself on your own during a workout is "non-football related". Which would seem to be counter productive if you wish players to, you know, work out on their own. Of course, teams have no immediate way to verify such claims (Terrell Suggs and basketball, for instance).

smuggler
07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Even Basketball could just be cross-training for the NFL, so I don't get why people were upset about it.

Brandon494
07-30-2012, 01:23 PM
don't know what we would do without his [Hawk's] play calling ablilty on defense.

Fixed.

I'm sure we would survive.