PDA

View Full Version : Soooo... can I WATCH the game today?

mission
08-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Atlanta @ GB... 8pm Saturday.

Is there anyway to watch this game? Any network? I even live in Atlanta, there has to be away to see this live I would think. Im hearing stuff about 8am on Sunday.

Anyone know?

test
08-19-2006, 09:06 AM
local sports bars?

http://www.southendzone.com/bars/?st=GA

mission
08-19-2006, 09:13 AM
local sports bars?

http://www.southendzone.com/bars/?st=GA

hey thanks! ive been looking for a listing like that since moving down here. 'preciate it!

test
08-19-2006, 09:52 AM
send me some peach cobler. I'm in NC.

AtlPackFan
08-19-2006, 10:10 AM

Is there anyway to watch this game? Any network? I even live in Atlanta, there has to be away to see this live I would think. Im hearing stuff about 8am on Sunday.

Anyone know?

Tony,

Its showing up on my DirectTV local listing as being on Channel 11 down here at 8pm tonight. It may be a local broadcast so, if it is, I'm probably going to turn down the sound...Falcon announcers.

Did you make it to TJs last week? I did...sat in their covered patio area...sat by probably the only damn Chargers fan in the place. She was loud, obnoxious and by the time we left at half, I wanted to kill her. :evil:

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm going to pay myself on the back. Back before the Internet was called the Internet, I believe I was the only one who had a Packers website. On the website, I started a list of Packer bars around the country (which other posters submitted). Not long after other boards were created, you started seeing the list on those sites. I think they pimped it from me.

If you don't believe me, check it out here. The site is still Swayze out there on some server.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/vernon/www/packers.html

Excuse the poor design, but back then you couldn't get all fancy with any type of design. It was more text based than it is now.

Fosco33
08-19-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm going to pay myself on the back. Back before the Internet was called the Internet, I believe I was the only one who had a Packers website. On the website, I started a list of Packer bars around the country (which other posters submitted). Not long after other boards were created, you started seeing the list on those sites. I think they pimped it from me.

If you don't believe me, check it out here. The site is still Swayze out there on some server.

Excuse the poor design, but back then you couldn't get all fancy with any type of design. It was more text based than it is now.

The link in 'places to watch' doesn't seem to work. But that's pretty cool - regardless.

Rastak
08-19-2006, 10:39 AM

That's pretty cool. I didn't start writing any sort of html until, about 1995.

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2006, 10:42 AM
The link in 'places to watch' doesn't seem to work. But that's pretty cool - regardless.

That server is ghost somewhere, but for some reason my home page still comes up in a search. I started that site in 1993--as you can see I quit posting in the middle of the 1994 season. That's about the time I left college.

mission
08-19-2006, 10:52 AM

Anyone know?

Tony,

Its showing up on my DirectTV local listing as being on Channel 11 down here at 8pm tonight. It may be a local broadcast so, if it is, I'm probably going to turn down the sound...Falcon announcers.

Did you make it to TJs last week? I did...sat in their covered patio area...sat by probably the only damn Chargers fan in the place. She was loud, obnoxious and by the time we left at half, I wanted to kill her. :evil:

That's what I was looking for!

Yeah, we made it. We were that *loud* (sorry) group in the very front with about 8-9 people eventually. Things got a little crazy as it was my brother's 21st birthday and the goal was to get him toasted. :D

A lot of the people were co-workers so hence not the complete full attention on the Packers' success unfortunately. I wish I would have seen your later post (description) so I could have said hi. I'm thinking of either heading up to TJs again or going to the spot on that (above) list in Marietta. It's closer to the house and seems like they get a large Packer turn out as well.

What are you gonna be up to ?

mission
08-19-2006, 10:53 AM

Fun nostalgic website, man!

LeShon Johnson baby, gonna take us all the way! :lol:

AtlPackFan
08-19-2006, 12:19 PM

Anyone know?

Tony,

That's what I was looking for!

Yeah, we made it. We were that *loud* (sorry) group in the very front with about 8-9 people eventually. Things got a little crazy as it was my brother's 21st birthday and the goal was to get him toasted. :D

A lot of the people were co-workers so hence not the complete full attention on the Packers' success unfortunately. I wish I would have seen your later post (description) so I could have said hi. I'm thinking of either heading up to TJs again or going to the spot on that (above) list in Marietta. It's closer to the house and seems like they get a large Packer turn out as well.

What are you gonna be up to ?

My sons are coming to our house here in Lawrenceville and we are going to watch the game here. Hey, do you...or anyone else...know how I can get the broadcast from a Green Bay radio or TV station so I don't have to listen to the National broadcast or worse...the Falcon announcers?!

4and12to12and4
08-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Harvey, that was a cool blast to the past, reading the roster and seeing how much we paid guys, like Sean Jones' 2 yr. deal. What's really trippy is just as I was thinking, wow, this was a long time ago, I saw Brett's name and his 19 million dollar deal. Brett and I are only a few months difference in age, we're both 37 years old. I can't remember his birthday, mine is March 7, 1969. Anyways, it was strange to see his name there. What a warrior!!

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2006, 12:38 PM
I think his birthday is in October. I'll be the same age as him (36) for a couple of months. A lot of good athletes born around our time--Favre, Phil Mickelson, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, etc.
:D